Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Anyone had this issue with Steam?

Having a wierd issue with steam that started last night. I go to start a game and as usual it says can't acessing my account name, then stops and indicates it is unable to connect.

I went to the website, which I had set to "remember me" when I logged in and was signed out. I use a few different passwords, which I rotate for non-financial sites and when I tried them they were all incorrect. I also went through the support section to recover the password and was not able to find the links it referenced to reset it.

Now a little worried my account was hijacked, so I opened a support ticket, but was curious if anyone else had an issue like this before since we have a lot of steam users here.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Never had any issues with Steam.

I had a nightmare issue with Impulse/Gamestop a few years ago that I documented on here. In the end, I was told that once things are deleted, IE email and names on the account, they are unable to recover them or even verify that another name was on the account previously. I used a credit card to prove my purchases, but since other purchases had been made on the account in the mean time I was unable to recover it.

They ended up offering me a new account with my old games, but I was so burnt out by the process that I told them to shove it and ended up repurchasing the games I really wanted on Steam and never looked back.

I hope your process with Steam is better than mine was with Gamestop.

The only thing about Steam that worries me is that they seem to imply that VAC bans for cheating on a hijacked account can't be reversed. So if someone were to hijack an account and then get it banned they wouldn't reverse the ban when it was returned to you.

Quote:
Note:

In the event that a hijacked Steam account is banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat System, Steam Support can not remove the ban.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote