Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Guys,

I need some recommendation on which is better for a pair of kids age7 and 10 on a wii for these games. It seems the Rock Band is getting the better reviews over time and there are alot of songs to downloaded that we would like. I would also like to play it and maybe the mrs now and then. I think we would use the drum and guitar but might also do alot of singing only on it. Which is easier and which one has the better singing mechanics? We considered a real karaoke machine but don't see all that much out there unless someone wants to spend over a grand. Any advice would be appreciated.

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Rock Band.

For one, it still gets new songs on a weekly basis. I don't think Activision bothers with new tunes for Guitar Hero anymore.

Secondly, Rock Band 3 made use of the Rock Band: Beatles vocal mechanics, which means you've got both melody and harmony, as well as newer tracks that actually support multiple vocals.

As far as 'easier' goes, I'm pretty sure both of them allow for a 'no fail' mode, if that's what you're concerned about.

Here's the problem: Rock Band for Wii has been basically discontinued. Good luck finding the instruments for a reasonable price. If you have an Xbox 360 or a PS3, you might be better off getting Rock Band 3 for one of those (plus, hey - keyboards).

Guitar Hero for Wii has an advantage in that the instruments are basically just plastic shells for the wii remotes to slip into, so you should be able to find them comparatively inexpensively.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Galaril must be cleaning out his drafts folder and finally worked his way back to 2008.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Agreed - Rock Band is the better game. I think they do a better job with the note placements and the way they are displayed. They're very similar, but I think Rock Band does it better. Also as noted, they have a bigger music library.

Given their age, you might consider starting off with Lego Rock Band and if they like it, pick up Rock Band 3. Do you have any GameStops or other game stores that sell used games? Might be worth just getting a mic & guitar controller and one of the game disks first and see how everyone is liking it. Also you might scour Craigslist or eBay for used gear (though be aware that the controllers can break down over time, so used instruments might not work properly or have a shorter lifespan).
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Lego Rock Band for kids, most definitely.