Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
Blue_shift
n00b

QB grades?

Hi everyone,

I was looking around on the GML website at player +++/--- grades and I noticed that the QBs are given a grade on the season. I know for other positions grades can be pulled from game logs, but I've not been able to find a way to get grades for QBs (since they get a *** in the log on every play). Are you just doing some analysis on the game logs that is able to tell which plays were the QB's fault or do you just use the QB rating? Or is there somewhere else I can go to find them?

Thanks!

Blue_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sorry you have no responses... I honestly don't even know what you're talking about with "QBs are given a grade on the season." It's possible others who might be inclined to help are similarly puzzled.

Can you share a screenshot, or describe the page where you see what you're seeing?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #3
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My best GUESS is he is looking at QB rating and confusing what it actually is.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Pretty sure he's looking at exactly what he said he's looking at:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_shift View Post
I was looking around on the GML website at player +++/--- grades and I noticed that the QBs are given a grade on the season. I know for other positions grades can be pulled from game logs, but I've not been able to find a way to get grades for QBs (since they get a *** in the log on every play). Are you just doing some analysis on the game logs that is able to tell which plays were the QB's fault or do you just use the QB rating? Or is there somewhere else I can go to find them?

Thanks!
The green highlight is what he's looking at, and his key comments (in red) are 100% correct. On every play from scrimmage in the logs, 21 players get "+++" or "---", but the QB gets "***".

Blue_shift, Stelmack's Interrogator (part of the utility suite) pulls +++/--- for QBs. I'm using that to get that data, and comparing it to the average for the position. That's why you don't see 95% or something like the logs, but instead a small positive or negative number. If the positional average +++/--- for the season is 95.0% and the guy is 96.6%, you'll see a +1.6 in that column.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-08-2021 at 03:32 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #5
Blue_shift
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Pretty sure he's looking at exactly what he said he's looking at:The green highlight is what he's looking at, and his key comments (in red) are 100% correct. On every play from scrimmage in the logs, 21 players get "+++" or "---", but the QB gets "***".

Blue_shift, Stelmack's Interrogator (part of the utility suite) pulls +++/--- for QBs. I'm using that to get that data, and comparing it to the average for the position. That's why you don't see 95% or something like the logs, but instead a small positive or negative number. If the positional average +++/--- for the season is 95.0% and the guy is 96.6%, you'll see a +1.6 in that column.

This is exactly correct, thanks. I didn't realize there was a tool for pulling grades for all the players! I had written my own utility but it's pretty slow and didn't do anything with QBs (which is actually why I was asking this) so I'll have to check that out.

Anyway this pretty much answers my question. Sorry I didn't respond to anyone yesterday, I am in grad school currently and Mondays are extremely busy for me.
Blue_shift is offline   Reply With Quote