Old 08-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #4751
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Anyone want to play some PU:BG tonight?

mckerney, what's your steam name?

I may be up for some tonight

Last edited by mckerney : 06-16-2019 at 09:16 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:59 PM   #4752
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It's a space exploration game-that in the trailer at least-you were promised varied planets full of strange and varied flora and fauna-the trailer showed a river with dinosaur-like creatures and vivid trees and plants, and other people who were there to explore, or trade, or sight-see.

The problem was that most of that did not exist when you started the game. You usually ended up on very barren flat toxic, irradiated or too hot or too cold world-often without water. The story was you were an explorer with a broken-down spaceship/explorer. You wake up from a crash-landing and set out to explore the world to complete the first few quests to get your spaceship back in spaceworthy condition and move further into the galaxy-where supposedly worlds like the trailer existed, and you'd run into other players.

There are three (now four with the latest patch) alien races you encounter over time, and in theory you learn their languages as you go, and find out their history and a central mystery concerning something called Atlas. Problem was that there was not a whole lot of story behind the aliens (there's more now). And all those other players you could meet? Very rarely happened and couldn't do much together if you did.

There was supposed to be a Minecraft-like element to the game where you could have a base (which was hard to get back to) build technology and do things like farm, but again at the beginning there were just the bare bones of it. Etcetera.

Now I think the game is a lot closer to the things promised in that first trailer. There's a mission/quest system and three guilds you can gain favor with (and then more advanced quests). You can settled down on a world and farm and mine and ignore the whole Atlas mystery if you want. The beginnings of true multiplayer have begun with the latest patch with the promise of more to come. It's fairly easy to get back to your base now. Different and often bizarre looking creatures are found sooner in your explorations, etc. Check out You-Tube for Let's Plays using the new patch. I'm currently watching CheckPoint's Let's Play there.

Original trailer:

No Man’s Sky - Launch Trailer | PS4 - YouTube

This is the trailer for the new patch:

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises - YouTube

It can be played on PC or Playstation. Be warned that the system requirements can be steep on PC. I can't play it due to lack of memory and video-card memory.

hmmm well if it is a multiplayer game then that's the problem. The only thing that happens in multiplayer game is assholes try to kill everybody they see. And the people that play the game for a week stright get really powerful and unbalance the game immediately. I dunno.

Spore promised similar things and it was really weaksauce too
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #4753
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
hmmm well if it is a multiplayer game then that's the problem. The only thing that happens in multiplayer game is assholes try to kill everybody they see. And the people that play the game for a week stright get really powerful and unbalance the game immediately. I dunno.

Spore promised similar things and it was really weaksauce too

It's hard to say yet with where multiplayer is going. Right now you can only interact with each other as orbs of light-at least from what I've seen/read. So too early to judge that.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #4754
Thomkal
Head Coach

GOG.com having a pinata sale this week where you can get a random game worth more than $5.99 and includes things like Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, Saints Row IV, The Telltale stories like Batman or Walking Dead, and a whole bunch more-check their forum to see what you might get. For $3.00 For the next couple of days you get Deadlight for free

Edit: Been a bit buggy depending on what browser you use, so you might wait till things calm down.

Edit 2: Had to try one of course, hoping for things like Tyranny or the Telltale games and I got...Imperium Galactica which I don't think I've owned before. But it came out in 1997, so who knows. It's also on the sale list for this week at less than the $3 I just spent, so not the greatest hit on the pinata there...

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-14-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #4755
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

FM17 is $10 on Steam.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #4756
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnk55 View Post
Buy NMS and give that asshole some money? I'll pass.

Pretty much this.

The only thing I want from that dev is a going-out-of-business notice. One of the bigger frauds in recent memory.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:49 PM   #4757
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Pretty much this.

The only thing I want from that dev is a going-out-of-business notice. One of the bigger frauds in recent memory.

Was he the fraud or were we all led by misguided media & crazy ass hype?
Old 08-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #4758
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Was he the fraud or were we all led by misguided media & crazy ass hype?

What came out of his mouth sure seemed to be disconnected from reality.

He is (well, should be) responsible for that, regardless of the hype.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #4759
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Football Manager '17 is $10 since they just announced FM 18. I was just going to wait for 18 but I guess I'll be getting 17 after all.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #4760
Izulde
Head Coach

Trying to resist pulling the trigger on FM 17 @ $10 since I have a long-term FM16 save going.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #4761
bronconick
College Starter

Has anyone tried this Axis Football 17 on Steam or played precious versions of it?
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:09 PM   #4762
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Trying to resist pulling the trigger on FM 17 @ $10 since I have a long-term FM16 save going.
I couldn't resist.

I'm in the middle of a Cities: Skylines run so I'm probably not going to play FM17 any time soon, but at $10 I had to get it for my library. (Alas, if they'd only make the Cities: Skylines Mass Transit DLC 80% off!)

On a personal note, this continues my run of buying FM every three years or so. The first one I bought was CM 00/01, then FM 2005, 2007, 2011, 2014 and now 2017.

Last edited by bbgunn : 08-16-2017 at 08:10 PM.
bbgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #4763
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Anybody know if the FM sale is going on anywhere else or did I miss it. I see Steam is back up to regular price
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #4764
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

I think you just explained how you resist.

(Given that my favorite save is in FM12, but I bought 14/15/16 anyway and have cumulatively put in less time on those than on 12, I'm a little biased.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #4765
tarcone
Coordinator

I dont understand the economics of FM. So I quit buying it.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #4766
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I dont understand the economics of FM. So I quit buying it.

What in the shit does that even mean?
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #4767
tarcone
Coordinator

Like the transfer fees and whatever else the football world uses to buy players and such.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:13 PM   #4768
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Like the transfer fees and whatever else the football world uses to buy players and such.

Gotcha.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #4769
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Money?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #4770
Thomkal
Head Coach

Big Weekend on Steam-most of the Bethesda catalog on sale, and you can play X-Com2 for free and get discounts on that game and DLC's (except the most recent)
Old 08-25-2017, 04:52 PM   #4771
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

big question...is Dead By Daylight even worth playing anymore? It's the highest level of the latest humblebundle. Always wanted to play it but hear nothing but horror stories about it now (excuse the pun)
Old 08-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #4772
Thomkal
Head Coach

what horror stories? Always looked like a lot of fun when I watched "Let's Plays"
Old 08-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #4773
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
what horror stories? Always looked like a lot of fun when I watched "Let's Plays"

It's multiplayer only. Thus the problem being the community itself is toxic as WoW. Also that it takes way too long to find a game.
Also bugs.
Also that the devs don't listen to the actual players about things.
These are various things I've heard. Don't really wanna pay to play a game with a bunch of nerdragers.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #4774
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So Secret of Mana is getting a 3D remaster and it's going to be on steam? Sold! Well probably once it hits a steam sale, not at the full $39.99 price listed right now.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #4775
sabotai
General Manager

Yeah, I saw that earlier today. $40 for a remake of an SNES game is quite a bit too much.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #4776
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Paradox's Surviving Mars..

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #4777
Atocep
Coordinator

Abnormal Traffic Detected URL is from Gamespot FYI

Quote:
The mother of massive RPGs may be working on a proper Game of Thrones video game or project of some sort. An unfinished page on Target's website may have just leaked what Fallout and Elder Scrolls developer Bethesda Game Studios has been working on.

The page, spotted first by NeoGAF, went up today and has not gone down at the time of publication of this story. There's nothing special to it, just a header that says "Bethesda: Game of Thrones" and the category labels show that it's meant to be a featured product. It should be noted, however, that there is nothing labeling this as a video game.

Please be real

Last edited by Atocep : 08-27-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #4778
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Paradox CK2 total conversion with expanded event lines or GTFO
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #4779
bob
College Starter

Wait, is this a working version of Outpost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Paradox's Surviving Mars..

bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #4780
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Please be real

If it is real, I have had dreams about this game.. If they somehow came true, it would be the best game ever made (for me at least).

It would be just simply set in that world with constant intrigue and jockeying for the throne.. Something similar to but far deeper than the system used by Shadow of Mordor.. I don't want the game to tell the story we have seen play out over the last decade, or any set story really. I want to play a part, which can either be a small part or a large part, in the world that has already been built. I want the option of being a slave owner in Essos, Joining the nights watch, being a spy and controlling ravens and selling information and secrets, being a witch, a sellsword, or even just a farmer. I want to just live in that world. I want the chance to be a soldier in a large army that fights in a major battle . I want the chance to own a brothel. I want the chance to grow my house into a major player in the world, to have kings and lords call on me for counsel and support. I want a chance to become a lord. To become a king. To make laws, bring my enemies to their knees, or taste my blood on the end of an assassin's blade. But I don't want it to be easy or preordained or for there to be a set way to do it. I want every decision I make to have a chance to fail. I don't want to know numbers or how to game the system, I want to learn what I can from speaking with NPC's who can talk about what is happening in the world as it changes and evolves. I want the people in different cities to live by different rules and have different ways of life.

I feel like the tech is there (or close to it) if the time can be taken to really give this kind of thing the depth it would need to really be what I have drooled over in those aforementioned dreams. I doubt it will be anything like that, but damn it would be cool as hell. I kinda hope that's where games are headed. I hope eventually AI gets to the point where games don't need a story, just a world to live in where the story grows organically.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #4781
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Please be real

Please let it mean published by Bethesda Softworks rather than developed by Bethesda Game Studios.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #4782
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

No Man's Sky is pretty great now. I'm playing it a ton!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #4783
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
No Man's Sky is pretty great now. I'm playing it a ton!

I've been trying to tell people that here
Old 09-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #4784
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So Secret of Mana is getting a 3D remaster and it's going to be on steam? Sold! Well probably once it hits a steam sale, not at the full $39.99 price listed right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Yeah, I saw that earlier today. $40 for a remake of an SNES game is quite a bit too much.

As one of my most beloved games of all time, I will probably be a day one purchase even at the absurdly high $40 price point.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #4785
Thomkal
Head Coach

Mirage: Arcane Warfare (from the makers of Chivalry) is free to download for the next 20 hours or so on Steam. https://www.mmobomb.com/news/mirage-...day/?=facebook
Old 09-07-2017, 11:50 PM   #4786
21C
College Prospect

Free games. Free games.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine is free at Steam until 10am September 8.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine on Steam

Humble Bumble is giving away a free Steam key for The Walking Dead: Season 1 for the next 36 hours (as I write this).
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/t...-dead-season-1
Old 09-07-2017, 11:54 PM   #4787
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Tyranny is on sale this weekend for $22.49... I assume it's worth it?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #4788
Groundhog
Coordinator

Tyranny has been on my wish list for awhile now, just don't get the time to sink into these RPGs that I used to...
Old 09-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #4789
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Tyranny is on sale this weekend for $22.49... I assume it's worth it?

It's not a bad game...but I'd hold out. I played it, I beat it...and I just don't feel any interest in going back to it...even with the update....I figure in a year or two it'll be dirt cheap.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #4790
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I'll be waiting for the sub-$10 price.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #4791
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Divinity Original Sin 2 finally left early access today. I' loved the first one to death, and have been avoiding the sequel in early access because I didn't want to have a handicapped experience in any way, so I'm overjoyed to see this has finally been released.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:57 PM   #4792
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Divinity Original Sin 2 finally left early access today. I' loved the first one to death, and have been avoiding the sequel in early access because I didn't want to have a handicapped experience in any way, so I'm overjoyed to see this has finally been released.

I was hoping to finish Trails in the Sky SC by today to jump into Original Sin 2 today, but I'm not quite done with it yet. I think I'm gonna create my character and do a bit of the intro and then go back to finishing Trails. Really looking forward to playing Divinity though!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #4793
hollmt
High School Varsity

It's also been getting great reviews. It was at overwhelming positive but only dropped to very positive because some folks got upset the recently added dialogue wasn't translated for them. It will be done in the upcoming week.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #4794
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Same here! Can't wait to dive into it!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #4795
21C
College Prospect

More free games.
Psychonauts
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/psychonauts

All Guns on Deck
https://www.indiegala.com/store#giveaway
Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #4796
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Bought the early access a month ago and didn't touch it. Was waiting for launch.

Original Sin was a great game and I'd say Enhanced Edition would easily be one of the top 5 games of '15. IMO it's the best out of the recent resurgence of old school isometric RPGs.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #4797
Atocep
Coordinator

I just finished XCom 2 and was able to move to Original Sin 2. I'm still really early, but this could be my game of the year. The level of polish and detail they've added to the sequel is amazing.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #4798
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Divinity. I am trying to hold out as I won't have any serious gaming time for a solid month or so here, but it's getting harder and harder.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #4799
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee for free!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/o...d-abes-oddysee
Old 09-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #4800
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Also free on GOG for the next few hours-must have a new game coming out or something