Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2020, 07:21 AM   #31101
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/walter-...to-be-removed/

I have said this before. I get and accept why the doctor has been removed from the schedule. I believe the criticism was valid and at least on the surface looks medically sound. Despite that, He is a representative of the hospital and GW Medical Faculty Associates. He can't been seen criticizing the customers no matter how right he may be. However, this example is why I don't understand those that say others should not be lose their jobs for publicly taking such stances. Maybe it is time to change how we handle these types of situations. Until then, this is what we do and have always done.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:38 AM   #31102
Edward64
Head Coach

Some additional details on the raid.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/us/fl...nvs/index.html
Quote:
Gretl Plessinger, a spokesperson for the law enforcement department, said that agents knocked on Jones' door and called her "in an attempt to minimize disruption to the family." Jones refused to come to the door for 20 minutes and hung up on the agents, and Jones' family was upstairs when agents did enter the house, Plessinger said. She didn't respond to questions about why the officers drew guns.

"At no time were weapons pointed at anyone in the home," Rick Swearingen, the department's commissioner, added in another statement.
Quote:
About 10 officers with guns drawn showed up to her Tallahassee home around 8:30 a.m., Jones said. A video taken from a camera in her house, which she posted on social media, showed an officer pointing a gun up a stairwell as Jones told him her two children were upstairs. Jones said that the officer was pointing his gun at her 2-year-old daughter, 11-year-old son and her husband, who she said were in the stairwell, although the video doesn't make that clear.
Quote:
DeSantis spokesperson Fred Piccolo told CNN that "the governor's office had no involvement, no knowledge, no nothing, of this investigation." He added that the law enforcement department launched an investigation into the message before anyone knew about Jones' alleged involvement. The health department referred a request for comment to the law enforcement department.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #31103
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/walter-...to-be-removed/

I have said this before. I get and accept why the doctor has been removed from the schedule. I believe the criticism was valid and at least on the surface looks medically sound. Despite that, He is a representative of the hospital and GW Medical Faculty Associates. He can't been seen criticizing the customers no matter how right he may be. However, this example is why I don't understand those that say others should not be lose their jobs for publicly taking such stances. Maybe it is time to change how we handle these types of situations. Until then, this is what we do and have always done.

So when a public figure does something risky that could impact the health of others, we should just shut the fuck up about it right?

What if he had Ebola? What if he had HIV and stated he was going to have unprotected sex with his wife? And he said these things in public, doesn't the public have a right to be informed to the counter and correct argument on how unsafe those actions are?

Why does Orange Dipshit get a pass? If I had done it I could have been arrested like that couple that knowingly went on a plane positive with Covid.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #31104
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
So when a public figure does something risky that could impact the health of others, we should just shut the fuck up about it right?

What if he had Ebola? What if he had HIV and stated he was going to have unprotected sex with his wife? And he said these things in public, doesn't the public have a right to be informed to the counter and correct argument on how unsafe those actions are?

Why does Orange Dipshit get a pass? If I had done it I could have been arrested like that couple that knowingly went on a plane positive with Covid.

No that is not what I am saying at all. My focus is on the doctor not the president. I will quote what I said about the doctor's criticism.

Quote:
I believe the criticism was valid and at least on the surface looks medically sound.

Saying what the doctor said takes courage because one of the risks is that he may be removed from his position(s). Keeping him on the schedule also takes courage on the part of both Walter Reed and GW Medical Faculty Associates. For many, to not remove him would generally be seen as supporting what he says. The businesses leave themselves open to be targeted by the current administration and their supporters. I believe there was pressure applied to remove the doctor from the schedule The easy way out for those businesses is to bow to the pressure, remove him from the schedule and move on. That is what they did. I understand it from the business's POV in the same way I would understand if the business took the same action the other way. If the doctor had taken a opinion supportive of what the President's actions and the pressure was coming from the other side. That is why I ended with this.

Quote:
However, this example is why I don't understand those that say others should not be lose their jobs for publicly taking such stances. Maybe it is time to change how we handle these types of situations. Until then, this is what we do and have always done.

We have seen a recent trend of people complaining that "X" should not lose their job for having publicly expressing stances that may lead to their place of employment receiving pressure political or otherwise. The reasoning given is people are allowed to publicly express opinions without the threat of such an "unfair" consequence. If the doctor with his credentials is getting "cancelled" for expressing his opinion, I am not sure why it could not happen to someone else. Especially those that have less credibility to speak on topics than Dr. Phillips has to speak on his. At least there is some credible evidence behind what the doctor is saying.

I would love for it to be different. I would love for the businesses to support the employee's right to have the opinion, take a stand for what they believe in and be willing to deal with the effects thereafter. That is generally not the precedent that has been set. That is not the way these things are handled in the main.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-08-2020, 11:47 AM   #31105
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Least surprising news of the day: Jenna Ellis has COVID.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:02 PM   #31106
PilotMan
Head Coach

trump going all in on 2024 will hamstring the entire Republican party. They will have to either support him completely the next four years, and anyone who thought that they might run again, will either be expelled from the party if they go against him, or have to get in line until the crazy train runs out of gas.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:20 PM   #31107
cuervo72
Head Coach

Christopher Krebs sues Trump campaign, lawyer Joe diGenova for defamation
Old 12-08-2020, 12:26 PM   #31108
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

dickhead waddled out of the medal of freedom ceremony in the middle of it leaving the recipient...a wrestler just standing there.

*waddle waddle waddle*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:26 PM   #31109
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Least surprising news of the day: Jenna Ellis has COVID.

Called it! I just hope this doesn't mean someone more competent and sane takes over the law suits now. As with all others, i hope they recover quickly and have no lasting effects.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #31110
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Apparently she's the first transmission through Just For Men.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:35 PM   #31111
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
dickhead waddled out of the medal of freedom ceremony in the middle of it leaving the recipient...a wrestler just standing there.

*waddle waddle waddle*

I would have stolen a bunch of pens and a letter opener.

Last edited by molson : 12-08-2020 at 12:40 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:40 PM   #31112
Thomkal
Head Coach

In also not shocking news, Kellyanne Conway signs a multi-million deal to write about her time in the White House. I only approve of this if they sign Conway's husband and daughter to write their own sections of the book detailing their time in the Conway house during these four years.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #31113
Thomkal
Head Coach

Judge Sullivan dismisses case against Flynn-early indications are that his hands were tied by the pardon. Hope the new AG can bring new charges against him.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #31114
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

*waddle waddle waddle*

Not just any wrestler. Arguably the greatest wrestler and the greatest wrestling coach of all time.

EDIT: Of course we are talking about Dan Gable.

Last edited by miami_fan : 12-08-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #31115
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
In also not shocking news, Kellyanne Conway signs a multi-million deal to write about her time in the White House. I only approve of this if they sign Conway's husband and daughter to write their own sections of the book detailing their time in the Conway house during these four years.

There has to be a pretty solid NDA for anyone in this White House, right?
Old 12-08-2020, 03:00 PM   #31116
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Shouldn't be and they shouldn't stand up in court. Trump isn't the boss in the sense that he owns the company and pays the employees.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:42 AM   #31117
Edward64
Head Coach

He's not quite there yet but Trump reminds me of Bagdad Bob.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #31118
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We will soon be learning about the word “courage”, and saving our Country. I received hundreds of thousands of legal votes more, in all of the Swing States, than did my opponent. ALL Data taken after the vote says that it was impossible for me to lose, unless FIXED!

Quote:
#OVERTURN

The text of two of Trump's tweets this morning. He's getting very close to calling for violence. In other news, with the exception of Romney, the GOP either agrees or stays silent.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #31119
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The Republicans know that standing up to Trump will be the end of their career (save maybe guys like Romney). As much as I disliked Brian Kemp, he has bravely thrown away his political future to do the right thing. He and the rest of the state Republicans officials are all gone in primaries two years from now. That is if they aren't kicked out of office earlier. Sometimes bravery is just doing your job.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #31120
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Can't wait for Republican Gov nominee Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #31121
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
He's not quite there yet but Trump reminds me of Bagdad Bob.

He's there. His whole press department has followed that same line of thinking.

Like Steam?

Old 12-11-2020, 07:41 AM   #31122
Edward64
Head Coach

Trump gets #4 with Morocco and keeping up the momentum. I do hope SA happens next year.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #31123
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Why is the US bribing countries to get them to say nice things about Israel?
Old 12-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #31124
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So Trump can win a Nobel Peace Prize to own the libs.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:44 AM   #31125
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Per trumpy - "That's how business works!" But it's totally not quid pro quo, because he has never heard of that, and has no idea about it, and it's totally not that, because a very smart person once said "sir, it's totally not that."

Like Steam?

Old 12-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #31126
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So Trump can win a Nobel Peace Prize to own the libs.

Yeah what a complete joke that whole “Middle East peace treaty” is. Similar to his ridiculous and fake China trade war that was a complete and total lose for the US.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #31127
Edward64
Head Coach

Are you disagreeing with the approach (quid pro quo), the end results, being anti-Israel/pro-Palestinian, or just general Trump bashing?

You don't think having 4 muslim countries normalize (or at least begin to) relationships with Israel is a good thing even if the US has to "bribe" them? That's pretty much how things work, there's typically some sort of quid pro quo.

And I've not read of any too outrageous bribes (but admittedly, I'm expecting a big one for SA).
Old 12-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #31128
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Why are we doing the bribing and not Israel?
Old 12-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #31129
GrantDawg

I think giving the UAE f-35 isn't great. In general, we should be reducing military sales to SA for certain. Overall, i am for peace. I just don't know how long any of this last past the quid-pro-quo.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #31130
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Why are we doing the bribing and not Israel?

I'll take that answer as anti-Israel/pro-Palestinian.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #31131
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I think giving the UAE f-35 isn't great. In general, we should be reducing military sales to SA for certain. Overall, i am for peace. I just don't know how long any of this last past the quid-pro-quo.

Appreciate you answering my question with your thoughts vs some pseudo Socratic approach.

I agree, I don't know how long it'll last. But Egypt and Jordan has lasted a while and so I think there is a fair chance this will last especially if SA (biggest anti-Iran power in the region) gets on board.

Nothing has worked well for the past 20+ years. This approach has gotten some results so far. So let's give it some more room.

I don't see how these are "bad" deals for the US, Israel or the 4 countries. Admittedly it is bad for the Palestinians.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-11-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #31132
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll take that answer as anti-Israel/pro-Palestinian.

lol

Is now a good time to complain about bias and personal attacks?
Old 12-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #31133
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
lol

Is now a good time to complain about bias and personal attacks?

You and the bros are easily up 100 to 2.

Almost the same as Trump complaining that Hunter is corrupt.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-11-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #31134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You and the bros are easily up 100 to 2.

Almost the same as Trump complaining that Hunter is corrupt.

racist
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:30 PM   #31135
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
racist

Anti-semite.

Damn, 101-3 now.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-11-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #31136
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Anti-semite.

Damn, 101-3 now.

anti-dentite
Old 12-11-2020, 08:32 PM   #31137
Edward64
Head Coach

Ageist. 102-4.

Good thing we are keeping politics in this thread. The Wuhan non-political would be a mess.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:39 PM   #31138
GrantDawg

Anti-dentite mean you're against dentist?

Old 12-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #31139
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Anti-dentite mean you're against dentist?

Nah, just casually trading insults ala Seinfeld.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:08 PM   #31140
PilotMan
Head Coach

Save it for Festivus!

Like Steam?

Old 12-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #31141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I've had a lot of wine
Old 12-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #31142
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Next you'll be saying that they should have their own schools!
Old 12-12-2020, 05:17 AM   #31143
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Next you'll be saying that they should have their own schools!

I couldn't find one. But there is hope in thinking Festivus is gaining some momentum.

400 Bad Request
Quote:
Festivus, our annual 9-12th grade community-building potluck is happening on Friday, January 17th from Noon to 2:55pm (followed by advisory).

Activities will include a potluck, karaoke, feats of strength, the airing of grievances, a fashion show and even more!!!

For our potluck, we encourage everyone to bring a food or beverage.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:31 AM   #31144
Edward64
Head Coach

Trump's questioning on why Pfizer drug hasn't been approved yet brought up the question of why it hasn't (although it has now under Trump's pressure).

I've not read anything that explains why it hadn't been approved other than "following the process", "keep to the high standards" etc. which is all great but that does imply that UK is not doing so. It would be good for FDA to be transparent and say "we are at this stage; we are reviewing X, Y, Z; we are waiting for other parties to complete A, B, C" etc.

The real question that is bugging me is the FDA and all necessary agencies working a lot of overtime (e.g. rotating shifts) or as close to 24 x 7 to get things done; or is it primarily 8-5 job, 5 days a week.

I don't have any facts or read anything in MSM to tell me they are or not, but the delayed Pfizer approval process and lack of transparent answer brought this cynical question to mind.

Anyone have any insights how UK was able to approve before the US? and is FDA and other agencies working a lot of overtime including weekends to get things done?
Old 12-12-2020, 07:54 AM   #31145
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The UK largely took Pfizer's word and the US did a deep review of the data.

One of the big reasons people are saying they won't take the vaccine is that they fear the process was rushed and safety issues were missed. I'm not sure starting vaccines a few days early would be beneficial given that.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #31146
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
The UK largely took Pfizer's word and the US did a deep review of the data.

Thanks, appreciate the answer.

I searched on this and did find references to what you said. Different ways of doing it and does seem the US is more rigorous by doing an "independent" review, which is good. If it only adds a week, I agree I prefer the rigor.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #31147
PilotMan
Head Coach

The funny thing is that the Pfizer drug was scheduled to be approved on Saturday and the trump administration went through all that bullshit to get force it to get approved on Friday. Made a big show of force and power so it could hit the end of the week news cycle. It didn't mean anything other than that.

Like Steam?

Old 12-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #31148
GrantDawg

Trump fires the head of cyber-security, and now there has been a serious breach at Treasury by a foreign actor. Hmmmm....

Old 12-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #31149
GrantDawg

Btw, it was a Russian group behind it. What a surprise. It always goes back to Russia.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-13-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:42 PM   #31150
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Barr resigns.