Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #31351
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That's debatable. My theory is that he just retroactively claimed that everything that happened was "all part of his plan". And honestly, who COULDN'T turn that dolt Anakin?

I mean he did create a random clone army, while basically pulling the strings of the trade federation to manufacture a crisis. I mean sure, it probably didn’t go exactly as anticipated, but there were enough pieces in play to allow him to send up in control that I’m ok with saying he planned very well.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #31352
RainMaker
General Manager

The $2000 stimulus checks passed in the House with surprisingly bipartisan support. Puts a lot of pressure on Collins and Loeffler.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:28 PM   #31353
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
My wife sent me some shit from Facebook this morning. Apparently some Trump supporters she's friends with (through family) believe Trump could have line item vetoed parts of the bill but instead set this trap for congress so that when they don't hold up to their end of the non binding agreement he can simply use the Impoundment Control Act to replace congress.

As someone in the WH said early on, he's not playing 4-dimensional chess, he's just eating the pieces. It's amazing to me how they still think he's some sort of super genius.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:38 PM   #31354
wustin
College Prospect

trump is a genius because he lets his base do all the mental gymnastics for him
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:03 PM   #31355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
As someone in the WH said early on, he's not playing 4-dimensional chess, he's just eating the pieces. It's amazing to me how they still think he's some sort of super genius.

But he is on TV so he must be!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:54 AM   #31356
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I did not see this coming.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #31357
Butter
Coordinator

Jesus Christ, are you fucking kidding me
Old 12-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #31358
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Only the best wasteful additions to the military. Lots of people say great things about the Space Force.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:31 AM   #31359
bronconick
College Starter

Is the only reason Star Trek hasn't sued them because the "Space Force" only really exists on paper?
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:37 AM   #31360
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I did not see this coming.

I'm not sure those uniforms are the reich choice.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:12 PM   #31361
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

It’s not even subtle, unlike your post - well played, sir!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #31362
AlexB
Pro Starter

Dola, although after a quick google, I can’t find any link to this - is it definitely legit?
Old 12-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #31363
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So McConnell has blocked unanimous approval of having a $2000 direct stimulus payment. Trump retweeted someone reporting that Sen Sanders is going to filibuster the NDAA until the $2000 is brought to the floor. Perdue and Loeffler in GA have come out in favor of the $2000 stimulus (realizing they have to come out against McConnell to have a chance to win)

It's nice seeing McConnell in a pincer like this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2020, 01:12 PM   #31364
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder how much money was spent designing that uniform.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:26 PM   #31365
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So McConnell has blocked unanimous approval of having a $2000 direct stimulus payment. Trump retweeted someone reporting that Sen Sanders is going to filibuster the NDAA until the $2000 is brought to the floor. Perdue and Loeffler in GA have come out in favor of the $2000 stimulus (realizing they have to come out against McConnell to have a chance to win)

The guess on how McConnell handles this is he adds the two other things Trump wanted votes on (repeal 230 and election investigation), and then when it fails, he'll say "well, I let it have a vote, but the Dems voted it down."

He could also just add any simple "poison pill" on to the bill that could pass, but the House will not agree to.

One thing I doubt will happen is an actual vote on the $2k stimulus. McConnell is going to block it and try to blame it on the Dems somehow.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #31366
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

He'll just tack on stripping out Section 230 and force the Democrats to vote it down.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #31367
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Dola, although after a quick google, I can’t find any link to this - is it definitely legit?

My hope is that it is not real. My guess is it is a bit of banter from the other branches of service. At worst, it was a test balloon they could easily distance themselves from by saying that they are not considering that uniform for the final product. In any case, a uniform in development is not something you would find via google.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #31368
Edward64
Head Coach

Cool look, but can do without the belt buckle. Reminds me a bit of Starship Troopers.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 03:22 PM   #31369
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Eh, our helmets nowadays look a lot like the German WW2 helmets.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #31370
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Eh, our helmets nowadays look a lot like the German WW2 helmets.

But there's a functionality reason for that.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #31371
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The guess on how McConnell handles this is he adds the two other things Trump wanted votes on (repeal 230 and election investigation), and then when it fails, he'll say "well, I let it have a vote, but the Dems voted it down."

He could also just add any simple "poison pill" on to the bill that could pass, but the House will not agree to.

McConnell can try, but reports are that the vast majority of Senate Republicans are against the $2000 stimulus amounts. So a McConnell bill may go down 90-10. And there is the fear that in conference they may remove the poison pills and send it back to the Senate. Also any long term discussion may delay the NDAA vote significantly. So he's gotta figure out how to balance all those considerations.

Old 12-29-2020, 05:00 PM   #31372
tarcone
Coordinator

Spend my tax dollars on me. That is not a difficult thing. Shoot, the government is more than willing to drop a couple trillion on corporations. A couple grand my way is a drop in the bucket.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:03 PM   #31373
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The crazy is strong among my HS Facebook friends.

Quote:
"Right now Trump is sitting on a stack of Trump cards or maybe Uno Wild Draw 4 (more years) cards that he's just waiting to lay down like a fricking royal flush.
He has court cases still pending that still may go to the Supreme Court, and thanks to the TX case he now knows how to file it under Article 3, not 2, which may allow them to hear it. He has the DNI report on Friday. Barr steps down on the 23rd (can now be a witness—he did his job). Durham is a special counsel (can prosecute in any state). He’s letting civil, criminal, federal courts fail to handle the situation properly so he can use military tribunals.
He has the data (all of it) from NSA, the Kraken supercomputer, the Alice supercomputer, (probably a couple others we haven’t heard about yet, too). He has the dueling electors from 7 states legislatures. He has VP Pence as final arbiter of which ballots to accept. He has the insurrection act. The NDAA, the national emergency, the 14th amendment, the 2018 executive order, the 2017 very first EO, the Patriot Act, the FISA warrants, the Declassification of everything, people swear affidavits by the 1000s, the QR code scan guy who just needs access to some real ballots & he can detect if they are fake by looking for creases & printing items using his scanner technology
He has all the statistical data being analyzed, the videos, emails, phone calls, bank transfer statements showing the coordination of the coup, he has RICO, he has the crimes against humanity videos. Wikileaks just dropped a ton & Assange will be pardoned so he can talk about Seth Rich.
Now that the governors and secretaries of state certified and Biden accepted, they committed and knowingly agreed to treason. Solar Winds just raided & Dominion closing up shop. Same with politicians & media. He has the C_A servers used to change dominion machines and he will soon have access to the machines too.
He baited them to staying in DC so they can be inaugurated, oops arrested. Biden hasn’t accepted any transition money nor has Kamala given up her seat. The military has infiltrated Antifa & BLM & he has the financials. He knows which politicians took Chinese & Soros money. He put in Miller & Watnick. He also just reduced dumb regulations. And wrote an EO in the military line of succession. He is defunding the C_A. He just replaced Kissinger & Allbright on the National Security Advisory Board with his loyalists.
The military has been flying more planes over America. The Navy just parked huge fleets on both coasts. The 82nd is preparing for an operation (same group of Flynn & Donoghue). Things are falling into place. He has it all. He is just laying out the case, building the narrative. He knows he won & they cheated. He gave them the chance to fix things. They chose not to.
Now they all go down.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:15 PM   #31374
GrantDawg

Treasury says they started sending paper checks today, and direct deposit will go out tonight through the begining of next week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-29-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #31375
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
The crazy is strong among my HS Facebook friends.

In the middle of all that, he throws in that Trump also cut some burdensome regulations.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:28 PM   #31376
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Treasury says they started sending paper checks today, and direct deposit will go out tonight through the begining of next week.

600 or 2000?

Old 12-29-2020, 05:32 PM   #31377
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
600 or 2000?

600 is current law. The 2000 is what McConnell is trying to kill.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #31378
tarcone
Coordinator

If they send out 600 and then the bill for 200 passes, do we get both or 1400?

Old 12-29-2020, 05:45 PM   #31379
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
600 is current law. The 2000 is what McConnell is trying to kill.

Durbin too.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:49 PM   #31380
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone
If they send out 600 and then the bill for 200 passes, do we get both or 1400?

2000 total. The bill is about boosting the payments to 2000, not adding another 2000 on top of the 600.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 12-29-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #31381
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
In the middle of all that, he throws in that Trump also cut some burdensome regulations.

I read that... felt like a speed bump.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #31382
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Can't help but whatabout even when arguing with nobody - it's pure reflex

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #31383
GrantDawg

McConnell officially put in a bill with the $2k, repeal 230 and a commission to investigate voter fraud. A bill that can't pass, and even if it did the House will not pass. What a surprise. I never saw it coming.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-29-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:57 PM   #31384
GrantDawg

A Republican congressman-elect from Louisiana died today of COVID. He was only 41.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-29-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #31385
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
McConnell officially put in a bill with the $2k, repeal 230 and a commission to investigate voter fraud. A bill that can't pass, and even if it did the House will not pass. What a surprise. I never saw it coming.

And the thing is it will work and the Democrats will somehow come out the losers because they are awful at messaging.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:48 AM   #31386
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think being out in front of this before it got to McConnell is going to help a lot. Esp with the GA runoffs in a few days.

That being said, it's kind of funny that Trump is pushing to remove Section 230 as it would almost surely lead to the banning of Trump from Twitter (as they would not want to be liable for his libel). And Parler would be sued out of existence.

Old 12-30-2020, 12:22 PM   #31387
bronconick
College Starter

Hawley's going to contest the Electoral College results, meaning a 20 minute counting will take 12-14 hours.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:37 PM   #31388
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think being out in front of this before it got to McConnell is going to help a lot. Esp with the GA runoffs in a few days.

That being said, it's kind of funny that Trump is pushing to remove Section 230 as it would almost surely lead to the banning of Trump from Twitter (as they would not want to be liable for his libel). And Parler would be sued out of existence.

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking this - I nearly posted something similar a couple of days ago when I first saw that it was one of his stipulations, but assumed I must have missed something.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:47 PM   #31389
Atocep
Coordinator

They want to strip section 230 and then sue social media companies for censoring conservative voices when they start dropping bans.

Yes, it's stupid and wouldn't work that way but that's the end game they hope for.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #31390
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I wish Dems would vote this through and then deal with it in conference. Dems should message that tey are in favor of 2000 checks, but the GOP will only help people if they can destroy the internet.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #31391
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Hawley's going to contest the Electoral College results, meaning a 20 minute counting will take 12-14 hours.

It's amazing how when McConnell says something like "we aren't going to confirm any of Obama's nominees" or "We aren't going to vote on $2,000 checks," the Dems say "Yes, sir" and just take it. Maybe they give a speech or two saying "no fair," but they don't actually use any leverage to make anything happen.

But when he says something like "Hey, GOP Senators, don't join in the House's objections," the GOP Senators will actually do what they think is in their best interest.

The Dems are just SO BAD at this. Even the GOP manages to stand up to the GOP better than they have.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:30 PM   #31392
miami_fan
Coordinator

Check your accounts. Our stimulus checks just arrived via direct deposit.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #31393
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't see how Hawley's contesting is anything more than a "no fair" or a Sanders threatening a filibuster on the NDAA that goes no where. It's literally les effective than the five gazillion failed attempts to strike down the ACA. It's just going to take a little bit less time than an angry speech.

Old 12-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #31394
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's different if you're in the GOP. Now they are going to have to go on record individually and that's going to lead to some number of primary challenges.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #31395
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't see how Hawley's contesting is anything more than a "no fair" or a Sanders threatening a filibuster on the NDAA that goes no where. It's literally les effective than the five gazillion failed attempts to strike down the ACA. It's just going to take a little bit less time than an angry speech.

It's more that McConnell asked the GOP not to do this, and Hawley actually realized that he could do what he wanted.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #31396
Atocep
Coordinator

The GOP seems to be broken up into 3 major groups right now. 1.) Those that have accepted Trump's loss and have largely moved on 2.) Those that feel the election was likely/possibly stolen by Dems but have turned their focus to Georgia and '22 3.) Those that feel the election was 100% stolen and support any and all means of staying in power.

One seems to be a growing group. Trump's handling of the stimulus has really chipped away at his support based on what I've seen on social media and reddit. Group 2 is split between people that have moved on from Trump and those that still support him. Group 3 is still far too many people

The party is largely a mess. They're going through a more conspiracy-tinted form of acceptance that Dems struggled with in 2016. The difference is the GOP has always been able to pull everyone back and get their eye on the ball. It's going to be interesting to see if they can pull it off post-Trump. Hawley's 2024 hopes seem to be a gamble of playing to Trump now and at some point in the future replaying some greatest hits to get everyone focused on a common enemy again.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #31397
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

I mean, if Pence behaves in the traditional manner, the House and GOP will, at worst, split on the votes, leaving the original slate in place, and yeah, it becomes a tantrum.

There is a fringe element whispering in Pence's ear, though: "Psst, since you're the one who opens the envelopes containing the electoral votes, you can just open the pro-Trump envelopes instead for AZ, GA, MI, NV, PA, and WI and presto we win."

And Hawley contesting the results gives Pence a fig leaf to try that.

I think Congress would still have to vote on whether to accept the alternate slate, and a failure by both houses to accept it would leave the certified ones in place, so I don't THINK that maneuver can go anywhere, but I'm not a Constitutional Law scholar. Maybe there's a loophole I don't know about.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:16 PM   #31398
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Not to mention that approach leads to mass demonstrations and violence.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #31399
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I mean, if Pence behaves in the traditional manner, the House and GOP will, at worst, split on the votes, leaving the original slate in place, and yeah, it becomes a tantrum.

There is a fringe element whispering in Pence's ear, though: "Psst, since you're the one who opens the envelopes containing the electoral votes, you can just open the pro-Trump envelopes instead for AZ, GA, MI, NV, PA, and WI and presto we win."

And Hawley contesting the results gives Pence a fig leaf to try that.

I think Congress would still have to vote on whether to accept the alternate slate, and a failure by both houses to accept it would leave the certified ones in place, so I don't THINK that maneuver can go anywhere, but I'm not a Constitutional Law scholar. Maybe there's a loophole I don't know about.

There's no loophole. Pence's job is simply to read the certified states. Then it's Congress's job to approve or contest each state and any attempts to contest have to be agreed to by both a majority of the house and senate. That isn't going to happen.

Despite what some on the right believe, January 6th is largely ceremonial. Any attempts to contest are people trying to position themselves for 2024 or to stay in Trump's good graces.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #31400
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
The Dems are just SO BAD at this. Even the GOP manages to stand up to the GOP better than they have.

Let's take the $2,000 checks as an example. Their goal is a vote on them with nothing attached. What leverage do they have to employ to make McConnell do that?