Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #151
Danny
Head Coach

If you be a man of honor, you be going for the kill. If it be me, both mages be dead with a single thrust of my axe.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #152
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Brave Poli ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Poli turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Poli!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #153
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If there were but one instead of two
I might make my dagger meet his throat
But with two what can I do
Except turn out my lovely coat
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #154
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

You be chicken mon!
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #155
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Brave Poli ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Poli turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Poli!

Well played. I look forward to hiring you to play at my retirement party (or funeral), if you survive.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #156
The Jackal
Coordinator

DT - what'd you do in Labyrinth? It's the same thing as far as movement between rooms. For this I'm just going to use a piece of paper.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #157
KWhit
Coordinator

I killed an invisible creature!

And I got a wand for my troubles. Going to investigate it now.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #158
The Jackal
Coordinator

Waiting on my results, will update when they trickle in.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #159
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Bats stink, but I got a Garrote...So the scouts among us can be happy...we can talk about a trade at some point.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #160
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Attacked by a ZOMBIE!

Where the HELL was my Zombies Ahead sign????

On a separate note, when we see items in the room where we can spend an action to interact with them, do we say how we want to interact with the item or is it just determined that the best (or worst) case scenario will happen?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #161
The Jackal
Coordinator

There's a lady sewing in the room I've just moved into. Don't trust her.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #162
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Movement Phase is complete

Afternoon actions are due at 9 pm EST

The Sprites announce a rumor:

Rooms with stars are the entrances to the dungeon.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #163
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
There's a lady sewing in the room I've just moved into. Don't trust her.

Ask her to make yous a nice drool scarf, so you be having something to clean up yous spittle when you see me flexing my Trow muscle.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #164
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think I'll stick my lizard tongue down her throat a-la the vampire chick from that awful Dennis Miller tales from the crypt movie.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #165
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Im off to dinner

Old 02-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #166
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That was massively geeky fun btw

Old 02-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #167
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The Movement Phase is complete

Afternoon actions are due at 9 pm EST

The Sprites announce a rumor:

Rooms with stars are the entrances to the dungeon.

In other news, we're in a dungeon.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #168
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I killed an invisible creature!

And I got a wand for my troubles. Going to investigate it now.

Wands and items of a majickal nature are a particular specialty of mine. I would be most willing to inspect the item and relate its individual merits to you. No remuneration would be sought or accepted.

Indeed, I have a splendid collection of wands and staves in my chambers back in the city. In fact a hazel tree behind my domicile provides the finest dowels, that, when sufficiently infused, are both potent and surprisingly durable.

I was using one, I believe it was three months ago Tueday last, when that delightful young lady that works at the green grocers -- what was her name. Is her name, I suppose. It is not as if there is a significant expectation that her demise could have occurred whilst I was making my preparations for this adventure, however...ooh! Is that a specimen of the Exogenous Carbon Beetle there in the corner? I simply must have it for my collection!
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #169
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Ummmm, freaking OUCH! I got my ass kicked. I walked into a room full of skeleton warriors that, while I slayed two, decided to beat the living hell out of me. Prior to dying, a pixie (don't know if she was hot or not) popped up and saved me, saying I can't die on day 1. That was nice of her. I retreated, got 600 XP, but am literally half dead.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #170
The Jackal
Coordinator

Maybe I'll run into you and heal you, PB.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #171
Thomkal
Head Coach

*sigh* It is days like this that makes me wonder why I am not back in my magic shop, safe and sound. Instead I find myself in a vermin infested dungeon searching for some kind of glory. Not the best decision I've made in my life to this point. I went to the right from my entrance room, hoping to meet up with one of the many adventurers that joined me on this fool's quest.

The room seemed empty of all features at first except for the door leading back to that strange bath plus another door forward and another to the left. Suddenly I begin to hear a loud, almost manic, squeaking noise coming from seemingly behind the wall without a door. It was then I spotted a smallish hole, small enough to not allow any adventurer entrance, but big enough to allow one of the most dreaded of all creatures in this dungeon entry into the room-yes it was the rabid cave weasel!

I had no choice but to fight, the beast was on me in a flash in its maddended state. The fight that took place was surely not one that will be told in tales of future bravado in taverns across the realms. I clumsily attacked with my barely trained staff and missed of course. The vermin did not miss however, and I could feel whatever vile toxins that was in its mouth course through my body red hot as it bit my arm.

That seemed to improve my accuracy, or perhaps it was the fear of imminient death. I struck and hit for the first time, and the weasel tried to rake me with its dirty claws. But I felt it hit the spell-created armor I had fortutiously cast this morning. The combat continued with us both missing and then us both hitting. Finally I was able to get the upperhand and smashed my staff down hard on its skull, crushing it and ending its life.

After I had attended to my wounds, I could see something leather like sticking out of the hole. Wary of another weasel, I gingerly used my staff to pull it out of the hole. I had found a pouch, with something or things rather tinkling against each other. I reached in and pulled out a few gold coins. Perhaps enough to buy a cure poison and/or healing potion from the Djinni when they arrive tomorrow? For the weasel's poison still fouls my blood, making it harder to me to hit should I have to engage in combat again and no doubt make it easier for whatever dungeon denizen I encounter to hit me. But its quite better than being dead.

I wonder if that strange bath I found upon my arrival here might be of some help to me? At the very least I can clean the blood and the remainder of the weasel's fluids off my body.

Ugh not exactly the kind of start I was hoping for.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #172
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Ummmm, freaking OUCH! I got my ass kicked. I walked into a room full of skeleton warriors that, while I slayed two, decided to beat the living hell out of me. Prior to dying, a pixie (don't know if she was hot or not) popped up and saved me, saying I can't die on day 1. That was nice of her. I retreated, got 600 XP, but am literally half dead.

Jou should be penalized and lose that 600xp for dying. Some penalty be in order for jou!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #173
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Jackal, would be nice. Skeleton guys are tough, although I did kill two so I'm wondering if it was just their numbers that overpowered me. If I find somebody, maybe we'll go get 'em as I think they are worth decent XP (300 per sounds nice anyway).
Old 02-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #174
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Sweet. That means I can go ahead and say hi to the mages.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #175
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey jerkbag, I didn't die, nice miniature lady saved my @ss before I could die. And Danny, I know that you are somehow responsible for this. You sent those skeletons and YOU'LL PAY!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #176
Danny
Head Coach

I'm going to laugh when Abe tells you are dead and out of the game.

Good fake there PB!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #177
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

You know, I was going to propose a death pool wager but am glad I didn't since I very nearly was the first @sshole dead.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #178
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Hey jerkbag, I didn't die, nice miniature lady saved my @ss before I could die. And Danny, I know that you are somehow responsible for this. You sent those skeletons and YOU'LL PAY!

She should have taken your food from jou as payment. And yes, the skellies be old fallen Trow warriors who be doing my biddin.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #179
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I reread my results, it looks like I actually was doing okay until, like Corey Patterson, I swung and missed three straight times, giving them free shots on me. Long run, they did seem easy, just outnumbered and I couldn't hit traffic in rush hour.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Folks, I am getting move actions from you already. remember, you may only move during the Movement phase. There is one/day.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #181
Danny
Head Coach

I'm going to be faking jou guys out tomorrow. Pretending to die and sayin the pixie told me I can't be on day two. Then jou all be rushing in like maniacs and wind up ogre mush.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #182
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Folks, I am getting move actions from you already. remember, you may only move during the Movement phase. There is one/day.

Please be moving me to the center of the dungeon where the lost treasure of fallen Trow lord Zedaudwe is.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #183
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I forgot to tell some of you in the descriptions about a particular feature of the room you are in. I'm at home now, not near my maps and stuff in my office. So, I'm just going to tell you here, and you'd figure this out as a group soon anyway.

If you went forward today, and you have the option of going forward in your room, the brick color darkens in that direction. Please note that, its tres important.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #184
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I forgot to tell some of you in the descriptions about a particular feature of the room you are in. I'm at home now, not near my maps and stuff in my office. So, I'm just going to tell you here, and you'd figure this out as a group soon anyway.

If you went forward today, and you have the option of going forward in your room, the brick color darkens in that direction. Please note that, its tres important.

It be ok, da pixie be telling me jou all can't be dying for seven days. Full steam ahead!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #185
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

At least I was right on going forward would take you deeper in. I can only move forward which suggests that I'm going along the end. I'd very much like to meet up with a fighter so we can pair our talents.

I don't trust magic users. Beady eyes and all that hand waving...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #186
Danny
Head Coach

I can only move forward or back where I came as well, so I'm probably in a corner as well.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #187
gi
College Prospect

Damn, work sucks, couldn't get my movement in, I'll enjoy my new room and make it my home
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #188
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I can move in 4 directions....I guess I am not near a wall
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #189
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I can move in 4 directions....I guess I am not near a wall

Go backwards, we all be knowin you be too scared to go on.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #190
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
Damn, work sucks, couldn't get my movement in, I'll enjoy my new room and make it my home

Jous be icky. I be releasing me fluids and then be movin on. Jou be sitting in your boom boom all night.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #191
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Scouts, one important thing I learned. We cannot ambush the undead. Had I been able to do so, I would've been much more successful.

I'm back in my original room, searching, and then using a sleep tonight IF I don't find anything. I'm going to avoid going back in until I explore the other way and heal up some. Bad start.

Oh, and a bounty on Danny's head: 5 days worth of food and 1 gold.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #192
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Scouts, one important thing I learned. We cannot ambush the undead. Had I been able to do so, I would've been much more successful.

I'm back in my original room, searching, and then using a sleep tonight IF I don't find anything. I'm going to avoid going back in until I explore the other way and heal up some. Bad start.

Oh, and a bounty on Danny's head: 5 days worth of food and 1 gold.

No need to be beatin roun the bush. You be givin me the food and gold and I bring myself to jou so jou can deal with me jouself.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #193
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
No need to be beatin roun the bush. You be givin me the food and gold and I bring myself to jou so jou can deal with me jouself.

Don't you have a bridge to lay under or some small children to eat or something there trollborn?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #194
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I found an altar of sacrifice that I can place some gold at...and I will be doing so.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #195
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Don't you have a bridge to lay under or some small children to eat or something there trollborn?

I be a trow of honor, I not be eating da children. A nice Sis'sharr on the other hand, I be dipping jou in ma family secret recipe and cooking until crisp!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #196
The Jackal
Coordinator

Why are trolls jamaican?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #197
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Why are trolls jamaican?

Because we be jammin mon!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #198
Danny
Head Coach

And dose jamaican's be stealing the way we talk. Dey not strong like Trow
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #199
Danny
Head Coach

FWIW, I know some trolls kind of have that island, voodoo thing going on. I'm not sure if that = Jamaican accent, but I can have fun talking like that.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #200
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well, hey Jar Jar, if you feel like kicking some ass, get over here and lets kill us some skeletons.