Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Hobby Thread: Statis Pro & Other Sports Games

Started my new site, so it deserved a new thread. I needed an ongoing hobby as opposed to the one off league. (Part of the recovering from severe depression thing, something to focus on). With a few new additions to my collection, I'm expanding what I'm doing so I'll be jumping around a bit between leagues to keep it fresh.

First, I have started a web/blog site on wordpress, which I find infinitely better than google.

Stats Pro Leagues: NBA and NFL | NBA and NFL Statis Pro Leagues

I'm working on two leagues at the moment. Both are ongoing and will eventually have drafts when the new season starts.

1979-80 NBA Season

1980 NFL Season

I picked the NFL season because it was Statis Pro's first release of cards. I will eventually have to make my own, but that's way, way down the line.

The NBA season fits will with my NFL start, plus it's the beginning of what many feel is the modern era of the NBA (3pt line, Magic & Bird are rookies).

Eventually, other sports games may be added on there to discuss. I really like what I saw in Second Season Football.

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
ColtCrazy
College Starter

First game of the 1980 NFL season is on the site: Houston dominated Pittsburgh 23-3 behind Earl Campbell's 179 yards

3 games are over in the 1979-80 NBA season, with Boston, Detroit, and Atlanta posting wins.

Bowl Bound and Paydirt have been added to the site. Bowl Bound will be played World Cup style.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Posted a poll about Statis Pro Football on the Wordpress. Feedback is welcome. Hoping to make some headway over the upcoming breaks!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Got 2 games in over break…4 games from 1980 NFL week one are now done including an impressive comeback by the Jets. Switching back to NBA games for a bit now, next up, Bucks @ Kings…battle of the two favorites in the Midwest Division.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Posted a poll about Statis Pro Football on the Wordpress. Feedback is welcome. Hoping to make some headway over the upcoming breaks!

I voted for 1980, hoping the Aints find ways to be the Saints in your replay.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I like the extra immersion. Good work.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Hey thanks for the look. I realize that I am being way too ambitious with my replay of an NBA and NFL league….so I've typed out an idea for a relegation style replay. Would love to hear your alls thoughts on it. And, yes, I'll be sticking with the 1980 start years. It's what I grew up with and it's a good starting point for both leagues. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Good stuff, miss those old board games, especially Paydirt.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote