Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #151
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Voting Lathum off for that tasty comment was stupid. Thought so then and do now.

Voting off the quiet people is what you resort to in order to make sure you don't lose someone who is contributing. I don't see you as quiet anymore. I just didn't like the late bandwagon on Lathum for a really lame reason. That's the only suspicion I have on you. I don't see myself voting for you though, unless something else comes out.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-27-2005 at 11:26 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #152
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Whatever happened to the strategy of everyone voting for someone without a vote? That way the vampires have to make a move.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #153
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If this happened when I was a creature in VI I'd vote random, and most certainly would not change my vote no matter what.

I don't think it's as hard to sacrifice your own as you'd think, especially if it would mean uncovering two and the plan details are out in the open.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #154
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Being candid, as it was revealed at my death in the x-com game going on right now that i was an alien, and had a leadership type role in that group, our group strategy was to put people in the limelight who werent us.

I have no idea how that worked out (I haven't been following that game), but in my experience with these games, once you put your ideas on the table, you become a target. Just look at my situation in this game. I stated my strategy regarding you and suddenly I have 3 people picking apart my words insinuating (at least slightly) that I'm a vampire - you, BrianD, and SirFozzie.

Think about it this way. Here are the goals of this game:

Bad guys: Stay alive and keep other bad guys alive
Villagers: Find the bad guys

Right now, since the spotlight isn't on anyone, the bad guys have a huge advantage. They can (and should, from a strategic standpoint) just sit back and watch right now. The villagers have the active goal of trying to find the vampire. That's why the quiet types scare me early in the game. And why I'm trying to be active and do something.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 AM   #155
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Hmmmm, I'm starting to wonder if our whole "spread the vote" strategy yesterday may have backfired on us. The problem was, not everybody spread the vote. We ended up with a 2-way race between Lathum and Blade and then some who were following the strategy. Let's assume for a minute that both Lathum and Blade were are innocent, which is probably very likely as we already know Lathum is innocent. The vamps probably wouldn't want to vote for either of these two as they didn't know which one would be lynched at the time of placing their votes and they didn't want to be associated with lynching an innocent and therefore be labeled a target. I think I'm going to look for a vampire to lynch tonight within the people that didn't vote for either of the two "popular" votes last night. This leaves:

me (not a vampire) - voted for ardent enthusiast
SirFozzie - voted for me
ntndeacon - voted for Fouts
Fouts - voted for BrianD
Kwhit - voted for SirFozzie
ardent enthusiast - voted for SirFozzie

Next step I'm going to go back and decide which of these gets my vote.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #156
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Thats countered by the fact that innocents can be quiet for plenty of reasons, need to be careful when using that to build a case.

What you really need to look for are people with medium to maybe high post count, who have said nothing of substance and only agree with what's been said or bandwagon vote.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #157
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Being candid, as it was revealed at my death in the x-com game going on right now that i was an alien, and had a leadership type role in that group, our group strategy was to put people in the limelight who werent us. Now after hoops called me out, i had to become center stage, but we would talk about anyone and everyone, regardless of votes, as long as they werent us. Simple as that for my reasoning on you.
You know, I do read the threads for games that I'm not playing.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #158
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Thats countered by the fact that innocents can be quiet for plenty of reasons, need to be careful when using that to build a case.

Of course. And I agree with you. My reasoning for suggesting blade as a candidate was a "since we have nothing to go on, yet, me can always vote off the silent guy" strategy. He's not the silent guy any more, so I don't think he should be voted for.

My last couple of posts have been made trying to explain myself and my thinking and why if I were a vampire, it would have been very stupid to make the suggestion earlier to vote off blade.

Why do you think there's so little effective analysis going on? Because everyone is afraid to say anything at all meaningful because it draws attention and suspicion to themselves.

I'll go crawl under a rock for a while and let you guys sort it out. Trying to use strategy and logic is seeming to work against me.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #159
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing.

Kwit, I don't see any heat on you, other than one guy being defensive.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #160
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Whatever happened to the strategy of everyone voting for someone without a vote? That way the vampires have to make a move.

I think this might be a good idea.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #161
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think that idea is any better than using a random number generator.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree. The problem is that the vampires don't necessarily have to make any noticable move if everyone spreads things out evenly because they would just need to make a subtle move to make sure they don't die. I think purposefully spreading out the votes prevents the formation of voting patterns and gives us less data to analyze.

As far as voting for Lathum on that comment. I agree that it wasn't much, but it was really all I had to vote on, unless I wanted to vote randomly.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 PM   #163
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:

So we should use the random number generator?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #164
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Hehe, I was thinking the same thing.

Kwit, I don't see any heat on you, other than one guy being defensive.

Kwhit is on my short list, if you want to call that "heat".

Anyway, I'm starting to lean away from the two who voted for SirFozzie last night... KWhit and ardent.

That leaves Fouts, ntndeacon and sirfozzie...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #165
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

heh, I don't think I was getting at that.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #166
KevinNU7
College Starter

I'm sticking to yesterdays vote, I don't think Blade has proven himself. Plus I feel like getting some votes out there will cause discussion which is what we need to find the vampires

I vote for Blade
Old 07-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #167
Schmidty
Coordinator

I voted for Lathum yesterday, so today I'll vote for:

Vote Blade
Old 07-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #168
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I thought of that, but im quite confident with the way you guys are going, this will mean didly squat. You guys are pushing down one path, and this will push you further down that path. I am 99% sure it wont send you down the path that would hurt my teamates, as your all soo focused on soo few. But hey, it got you guys me so keep pushing.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM   #169
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I voted for Lathum yesterday, so today I'll vote for:

Vote Blade
wow, i see kevin's view point, but thats just idiotic schmidty...with me down 2-0 now, the aliens no longer have to do a thing...just sit back and watch me get lynched...im holding off voting till some discussion goes down, and id ask the same from you...dont needlessly kill a villager

(note to self, add schmidty as second person on watch list...keep kevin on trust list so far)
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:21 PM   #170
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I vote ntndeacon

Call me the village idiot, but no real reason other than well no real reason I guess. Sorry. I'll probably change my vote if someone puts in a good argument for someone else.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #171
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Well, we don't have much to go on at this point. My short list is down to three and I need to pick one... Fouts has been pretty quiet this game, and something doesn't feel right.

Vote Fouts
Old 07-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #172
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Fouts has been real quiet over in the XCom WW game, too. (of course, things are really going crazy over there right now).

My thoughts, we had a good situation with the folks spreading their votes, and making the vamps working, trying to make the vampires force to bandwagon on folks to take the heat off themselves. That did happen, whether the folks who did it are vampires are not, only they know (although I'd really like to find out).

I think I'll vote for ardent enthusiast My reasoning: why would someone, even a rookie, pick someone at random.. UNLESS he knew no matter who he picked, he would get a non-vampire?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #173
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Never thought of it that way. You're wrong, but it's an interesting thought.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:18 PM   #174
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I wonder about the random number generator to pick your person too. Especially since he compared it to the guy in the first season of survivor who voted alphabetically. (That guy got booted pretty quickly).
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #175
Fouts
College Starter

Sorry, I'm a west coast guy so I don't get on till the afternoon. I thought jumping on the bandwagon was bad, now I can't randomly choose someone either?

I have no idea who is the vampire, but I'll take a look at some of the late bandwagon votes.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #176
Fouts
College Starter

I have to head out for class tonight, so I need to get my vote in now.

After doing some research, I'm going to vote for the guy who sealed Lathum's fate with the last vote.

I vote Schmidty
Old 07-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #177
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
wow, i see kevin's view point, but thats just idiotic schmidty...with me down 2-0 now, the aliens no longer have to do a thing...just sit back and watch me get lynched...im holding off voting till some discussion goes down, and id ask the same from you...dont needlessly kill a villager

(note to self, add schmidty as second person on watch list...keep kevin on trust list so far)

In all honesty, I could care less if I'm on anyone's watch list anymore. I always go in the first few days anyway, and it's kind of becoming fun to watch villagers (as I am yet again) screw themselves over after I'm gone.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #178
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I have to head out for class tonight, so I need to get my vote in now.

After doing some research, I'm going to vote for the guy who sealed Lathum's fate with the last vote.

I vote Schmidty

Stupid vote. Sorry, but it is.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:30 PM   #179
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Well, we don't have much to go on at this point. My short list is down to three and I need to pick one... Fouts has been pretty quiet this game, and something doesn't feel right.

Vote Fouts

You're right. And now he's trying to put attention on me to get attention off himself. Also, he never adressed your vote for him:

Unote Blade

Vote Fouts
Old 07-27-2005, 02:33 PM   #180
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
You're right. And now he's trying to put attention on me to get attention off himself. Also, he never adressed your vote for him:

Unote Blade

Vote Fouts

Why is it a stupid vote? You were the deciding vote that lynched Lathum. I can understand why you would vote for me, since I voted for you.

I did address mrsimperless' vote on me, I don't get online until late, which is why I'm quiet in the mornings.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:34 PM   #181
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Why is it a stupid vote? You were the deciding vote that lynched Lathum. I can understand why you would vote for me, since I voted for you.

I did address mrsimperless' vote on me, I don't get online until late, which is why I'm quiet in the mornings.

I'm a villager, yet again. I explained yesterday as to why I voted late. I don't think that constitutes a vote for me.

It's all good though, I'm not mad. This is Werewolf, so anything goes!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:38 PM   #182
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, deciding vote on the first day doesnt mean much, especially from fouts to me, but in my mind schmidty voted for lathum first day when he was a favorite to go, and voted today for me when the only vote out there was for me...

Note, im still very open to chaging this as its a shaky vote at best, but he seems to be bandwagoning and didnt give me a reason other then i got a lot of votes on the first day(which seems like an vampire strat, vote for ever is likely to go, hence saving your own ass)...with the fact im open to change in mind:

Vote Schmidty
Demotivation
Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #183
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Blade

Though by no means does this absolve Fouts of any guilt he may have, he tends to get louder when evil and I see nothing incriminating about him. If this turns into a vote of one or the other I'd rather see Blade skewered.

Blade's reasoning on Schmidty would of fit me if Blade and Lathum's vote totals were switched, as I wasn't going to be voting for Lathum either way.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-27-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:43 PM   #184
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Blade

Though by no means does this absolve Fouts of any guilt he may have, he tends to get louder when evil and I see nothing incriminating about him.

Hey jeff, this is my second game, and last one i was a little green skined
...but im loud all the time, ask ardent here...or illini, i bugged the hell out of him on AA
Demotivation
Old 07-27-2005, 02:43 PM   #185
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, deciding vote on the first day doesnt mean much, especially from fouts to me, but in my mind schmidty voted for lathum first day when he was a favorite to go, and voted today for me when the only vote out there was for me...

Note, im still very open to chaging this as its a shaky vote at best, but he seems to be bandwagoning and didnt give me a reason other then i got a lot of votes on the first day(which seems like an vampire strat, vote for ever is likely to go, hence saving your own ass)...with the fact im open to change in mind:

Vote Schmidty

Good job Vampire. Looks like you and/or Fouts are going to get a Villager again. I am pretty sure that one of you is a Vamp, since that person KNOWS that I'm a villager. I'm kind of hoping that I get a special power next game. I've been a villager 3 of 4 times, and the other time I was wolf who died randomly in the 2nd day.

Oh well.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #186
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Good job Vampire. Looks like you and/or Fouts are going to get a Villager again. I am pretty sure that one of you is a Vamp, since that person KNOWS that I'm a villager. I'm kind of hoping that I get a special power next game. I've been a villager 3 of 4 times, and the other time I was wolf who died randomly in the 2nd day.

Oh well.
Dont call me a vampire for going with the ONLY evidence ive seen so far...it was a toss-up between you and ardent's random number vote, and i only voted you since your affecting if i die or not and hes voting for nobodies...

As i said, give me a viewpoint on someone else and they get my vote...i just have very very little to go on right now...hence why i said it was so shaky...give me a damning fact about someone, even fouts who you voted for and im all over him.
Demotivation
Old 07-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #187
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Hey jeff, this is my second game, and last one i was a little green skined
...but im loud all the time, ask ardent here...or illini, i bugged the hell out of him on AA

Only because I owned you in AA.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #188
Fouts
College Starter

Well, sometimes you vote someone and see what happens. Schmidty got pretty defensive and I don't think he would get that loud if he were the vamp. Back to the drawing board.

Unvote Schmidty
Old 07-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #189
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Only because I owned you in AA.

Own is such a relative term..i got you that one time....ya, thats it...that one time!
Demotivation
Old 07-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #190
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I vote for SirFozzie.

The main reason is I think his plan to "root out the vampires" might have done more to hide the vampires than to reveal them.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #191
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, sometimes you vote someone and see what happens. Schmidty got pretty defensive and I don't think he would get that loud if he were the vamp. Back to the drawing board.

Unvote Schmidty

I'm confused. Could this be a ploy to get me to unvote you? I'm tempted to, but I need to think on it. I'm getting confused like I was at the end of WWV.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:19 PM   #192
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
I wonder about the random number generator to pick your person too. Especially since he compared it to the guy in the first season of survivor who voted alphabetically. (That guy got booted pretty quickly).
Got me, I barely remember it. I just remember the concept and thinking it was kind of cool.

If I think I know who the vampire is, I'll definitely vote for him, but right now I have no clue. I have to vote for someone, which is where the randomizer comes into play.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:23 PM   #193
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I'm confused. Could this be a ploy to get me to unvote you? I'm tempted to, but I need to think on it. I'm getting confused like I was at the end of WWV.

Just trying to find the bad guys. We have to root them out somehow. I'm quite surprised that the vampires would expose themselves to daylight. You would think they would hide in their coffins until it got dark.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #194
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Dubb93.

He's been very quiet and quickly jumped on the Lathum bandwagon last night. This is still up in the air and may be changed, but at this point I don't have much to go on.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #195
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I have no idea how that worked out (I haven't been following that game), but in my experience with these games, once you put your ideas on the table, you become a target. Just look at my situation in this game. I stated my strategy regarding you and suddenly I have 3 people picking apart my words insinuating (at least slightly) that I'm a vampire - you, BrianD, and SirFozzie.

Hang on there, I wasn't insinuating you are a vampire. My post was meant to be humorous. You know...a joke.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #196
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Hang on there, I wasn't insinuating you are a vampire. My post was meant to be humorous. You know...a joke.

Don't joke with me.

I have no sense of humor.

Oh yeah:

Old 07-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #197
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Just trying to find the bad guys. We have to root them out somehow. I'm quite surprised that the vampires would expose themselves to daylight. You would think they would hide in their coffins until it got dark.

How cool would it be if Airhog put something like that into the rules? Maybe saying that the vampires couldn't post until 5:00 or 6:00 at night or something.

Probably not. It would make the game too easy once we figured it out, I guess.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #198
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Vote Dubb93.

He's been very quiet and quickly jumped on the Lathum bandwagon last night. This is still up in the air and may be changed, but at this point I don't have much to go on.

He still hasn't followed through on his promise from yesterday. That seems suspicious to me.

I vote Dubb93
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #199
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hmm. You guys all start voting for him and I may have to randomly select someone else.

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't. That defeats the initial random idea. If the rest of you vote on my randomly selected target, so be it.

Last edited by Poli : 07-27-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:44 PM   #200
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Dubb93.

This seems like a better point then mine for schmidty..hadnt noticed he wasnt around, and he said he would be...

Unvote Schmidty

Vote Dubb93
Demotivation