Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #151
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Victory Road

I am in a cave. I use a couple of Super Pots on Victini and Thundy and let’s move in. I run into a new Pokemon right near the entrance. It’s called Durant. I use Thunder Wave. It rocks Iron Head. Steel/Bug perhaps? Go Dusk Ball! Got it on the first one.

Durant
Level 40
Named Formicidae
Bug/Steel
Female

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #152
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thundurus gets to 44 after taking out a wild level 40 Basculin.

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Whimicott. Smaug vs Zebstrika. 5400

I exit the cave and head to a cliff and in some rocks, I run into another new Pokemon – Heatmor. It looks like an anteater. Thunder Wave works. Go Dusk Ball! Gotcha.

Heatmor
Level 38
Named Gunney
Fire
Male

Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, after heading inside, I hit the shaggy dinosaur, Deino. I try Quick Ball immediately. Got it!

Deino
Level 38
Named Shagzilla
Dark/Dragon
Female

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-17-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #154
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The way to survive Victory Road in any game, to my mind, is to head in, get a few of the early Pokies you run into you don’t already have then use Max Repel to keep away the powerful pokies while you explore to find all of the cool items and fight all of the trainers. You can always go back to grab any pokies you missed or to level up later, but you don’t want to run into too many problems fighting the wild ones. I have three new dudes so it’s time to Repel away.

Trainer #2 – Thundurus vs Stoutland. Lv 41 for Auto. Victini vs Scolipede. 5400. I have to use antidote and healing pots after wards.
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Beheeyen. (EA evolved Elygem). Switch to Cobalion. It gets a crit Psychic vs Cobalion and I send out Automaton. It gets a crit Shadow Ball vs Automaton and takes it out – two crits in a row, ouch. Go again Victini. Smaug vs Heatmor. Vs Lilligant. 7200.

I decide to leave rather than waste more pots and revives and such. On my way out, I run into one of those swirling dust clouds and hit a new Pokemon, Excadrill, the evolved version of Drilbur. I switch to Thundy. It uses Earthquake and failed. I forgot I can’t use Thunder Wave, it’s ground. So I Heal Block it. Ah, screw it, let’s just try a Dusk Ball right now. It works!

Excadrill
Level 37
Named Moleman
Ground/Steel
Male

It gained steel! Nice.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-17-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #155
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

All healed and we have returned.

Trainer #4 – Victini vs Simisage. Lv 45. Lv 42 for Auto. Thundurus vs Simipour. Smaug vs Simisear. 5280
Trainer #5 – Victini vs Scrafty. Shift to Cobalion. Victini vs Mienfoo. Thundurus vs Conkeldurr??? (Evolved Gurdurr is my guess). Yup. Lv 43 for Automaton. 2752

Evolution for Automaton! It is now a Golurk

Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #156
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I choose not to learn Heavy Slam, so let’s keep going. It still can’t learn Dig. Sigh.

Doctor #1 – Victini vs Gothorita. Vs Leavanny. 5160, and free heals whenever I want.
Trainer #6 – Victini vs Klang, evolved Klink. And I have a Fire Pokie, ahhh. Smaug vs Seismitoad. Lv 50. Vs Darmanitan. Lv 44 for Auto. 5280
Trainer #7 – Victini vs Gigalith (Evolved Boldore). Switch to Cobalion. Automaton vs Eelektross, the evolved one. It’s got Levitate. Switch to Smaug. It knows Dragon Claw, ouch. 7360

Whoah! I ran into the third Legendary back here in a cave! Let’s try it!

Here comes Terrakion! Use Thunder Wave. It works, must be Rock and not Ground. Thunderbolt takes it to middle yellow. Let’s start the Dusk Ball’ing. This may take a while! I decide to use Retaliate three times to knock it to red. Back to the balls. Caught it on the first throw after that, 4th throw total.

Terrakion
Level 42
No Nickname
Rock/Fight
No Gender

Old 03-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I go get healed for more exploring. I found the exit, but I want to finish exploring. Thanks for the heal Doc.

Items Found – Max Revive x2, Rare Candy, Ultra Ball, TM 12 Taunt, Hyper Potion, Full Restore, Dragon Gem, Revive, Calcium, Full Heal. Nugget, Max Potion, TM 02 Dragon Claw, Flying Gem.

I find the exit and I am here at the league now. At the League I buy: 22 Dusk Balls, 22 Quick Ball, 20 Full Restore, 30 Full Heal.

I’ve used the Amulet Coin most of the game on Victini, so I have a ton of stuff. 67 Full Heals, 34 Revive, 25 Full Restore, 71 Hyper Potion, etc. I pick up 15 Max Repels here too. I rest my Pokies in the PC.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have zero knowledge of what types and Pokies I might encounter in the Final Four. So far, I’ve encountered fire/grass/water at the first gym, flying, dragon, ice, normal, bug, electric, ground. That leaves fighting, psychic, dark, ghost, steel, rock, and poison. My guess is Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Steel and Fighting are the most likely ones to see, in that order. The champion could have his own type, or could have a mix of types, I’ve seen both. Fight is good vs Dark and Steel. Flying is good vs Fight. Ghost is good vs Ghost and Psychic. I feel like I need some more experience for Automaton, since he looks to be my wringer for two battles. I head to the bathe, with the intent on getting him some levels in Victory Road.

Okay, back. And here’s what I’ve got for the final four right now.

Level 50, Smaug, Dragon, Dragon Fang
Level 50, Automaton, Ground/Ghost (With Earthquake!), Spell Tag
Level 46, Cobalion, Steel/Fight, Shell Bell
Level 46, VIctini, Fire/Psychic, Charcoal
Level 45 Thundurus, Flying/Electric, Magnet
Level 42 Virizion, Grass/Fight, Amulet Coin

This looks good against what I expect to come down the pike.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #159
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s battle!

I have four doors to walk in, I go in the left most one. This looks like ghosts. I put Smaug in front, but I change to Automaton.

ELITE FOUR BATTLE #!: Ysabel vs Shauntel

I lead with Automaton. She has Cofagrigus at level 48. Ick. I use Shadow Ball. I go first and hit it hard. I avoid it’s counter attack. Shadow Ball again! It falls. My next one is Jellicent, and I can’t recall what that is, so I switch to Smaug, my generically strong Pokemon. Jellicent was the water/ghost one. Dragon Claw!I hit first and then take a Shadow Ball from it. I take 70 damage, and she uses Full Restore while I Claw it again. Again! She wastes another potion. It took four Claws total, but Jellicent is down. The next is Golurk, which is what Automaton is. Hmm. I switch it up and send out Virizion. If Virizion falls, at least I get the Amulet Coin bonus to my cash. Giga Drain! I go first. It uses Shadow Punch, and deals over half my life. Giga Drain again! It uses Shadow Punch again, and Virizion is at 11 from the Drain and still standing. One more Giga Drain! Although Virizion has typically been in my party a lot, that is actually its first kill. The next is Chandelure, and I am sure that is the fully evolved form of Litwik. Go Automaton! It’s level 50 too. Shadow Ball! It goes first and uses its own S Ball and takes me to red from full of health. Mine only does roughly half damage. I switch to Virizion, who will die from the attack. Actually, Virizion dodges. Giga Drain! It uses Fire Blast, btw it knows Fire Blast, and hits and takes out Virizion. Go Smaug. Dragon Claw! I go first and…it faints! We took her out. 12000.

I use Revive and some healing pots. Next on the left.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #160
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am in and torches are lighting. Fire? I’m making a guess at Dark based on what the leader looks like. I move Cobalion to the front. Here we go.

ELITE FOUR BATTLE #2: Ysabel vs Grimsley

Cobalion is facing Scrafty, level 48. Sacred sword! It takes out over half of its life. It hits back hard with a fight attack. Cobalion finishes it the following turn. I leave it in for Krookodile, obviously the final evolution stage of Sandile. It uses intimidate. Sacred Sword! It gets in an Earthquake first, and Cobalion is out! I send in Virizion. Let’s get the Amulet Coin in. Giga Drain. It Dragon Claws me, so I know it has that. Giga Drain does roughly half damage. Again! Another Dragon Claw from my foe. Giga Drain takes it to the deep red, so a potion will come this turn. I use Giga Drain again. It uses Dragon Claw the next turn, and then Giga Drain takes it to deep red again, and I expect another potion, so I keep using it. Anotehr Claw post-potion. The G Drain finishes it off. I send out Thundurus for Liepard. Thunderbolt! It rocks Fake out and I flinch. Next turn Thunderbolt for sure! It uses Night Slash and gets a crit and takes out Thundurus. Go Smaug. Dragon Claw! OHKO. The last is Bisharp. My guess is that it’s the evolved Pawniard. I switch to Victini. It is, and this is level 50. Searing Shot! OHKO. We took him out! 12000 again.

I use revives and heals again.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #161
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have just one Giga Drain from Virizion left, so I need to save it. I move to the next door – middle right. It’s got shooting stars and a space decoration theme. What’s that? My guess is Psychic, so I move Automaton back to the front. Here we go.

ELITE FOUR BATTLE #3: Ysabel vs Caitlin

She begins with Reuniclus, the fully evolved form of Solosis and Duosion. SHADOW BALL. It takes a lot and uses Energy Ball back. Super Effective back. Again! Reuniclus is down. Automaton is now level 51. The next Pokie is Sigilyph, so I switch to Thundurus. Let’s abuse it’s flying – Thunderbolt! OHKO, nicely done Thundurus. The next is Gothitelle, probably the fully evolved form of Gothorita. I leave in Thundurus. She is level 50. Thunder Wave, paralyze her. She can’t do anything this turn. Good. Heal Block! She uses Calm Mind. Thunderbolt! Calm Mind again. Ick. Thunderbolt is not doing too much because of the Clam Mind. Psychic one hit Kos me behind two Calm Minds. Dang. I need a physical attacker. Cobalion! Iron Head. It does nothing. She tears me out. GO Smaug, let’s finish this with Dragon Claw! She uses Full Restore. Another! She goes down. Lv 51 for Smaug. Her last Pokemon is Musharna. I leave in Smaug. D Claw gets a crit and takes out Musharna in one turn. 6000.

More revives and healing.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #162
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Last one. It’s got a factory look to it – Steel. I leave out Automaton. With Earthquake, I’ve got an edge. Everybody is supereffective vs Steel – 4 of my Pokies, so this should be easy compared to the last two.

ELITE FOUR BATTLE #4: Ysabel vs Marshal

It’s actually Fighting, not Steel. He tells me in the dialogue. Well, I misread it just once. Automaton is also a secret weapon vs fight (ghost take no damage from fighting moves). He begins with a level 48 Throh. Earthquake! I go first and deal roughly half ,and it uses Bulldoze back. Earthquake again! It uses Payback and knocks me to 7. Dark moves ick. We are both in red, and I know my foe will use this as a potion time, so I use the turn to switch to Thundurus. Fly! He uses Stone Edge. It takes out Thundurus after a crit. Stupid crits. Go Victini. Confusion. Bulldoze back. Confusion put it in the red. Again! He uses Full Restore. Searing Shot. It is burned. He uses Bulldoze again. Confusion! He goes first and manages to hit with Stone Edge, and then faints. Go Smaug! He uses Sawk. Let’s see how much damage Dragon Claw will deal. It takes him to red. He hits crit with Stone Edge. Claw! Sawk falls. His final Pokie is Conkeldurr. Switch to Virizion. I revive Thundurus. It uses Hammer Arm and gets a crit and takes me out. His speed falls. I send out Automaton. I use this turn before it dies to fully heal Thundurus. He takes me out with Stone Edge. Go Thundurus. Let;’s finish this. Fly! Thunder Wave. He can’t move this turn. Fly! It take shim to yellow, and again he is paralyzed. Thunderbolt. He is out. Wait, he has another Pokie, ugh. I thought we were done. I leave in Thundurus for Mienshao. Level 50. Thunder Wave to paralyze it. It uses Rock Slide. It takes me from full life to 1 hp. Fly! I get a crit and take it out with one hit at one life. Level 46. Whew! 12000

Heals and revives all around. Then we take on the champion.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:15 AM   #163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I only have four Dragon Claws left. I have no idea what the final Champion will have, so I temporarily move Smaug to the front.

I run into Alder and N having a major conversation. N is saying that he won to Alder. He creates a castle from the sand and rock around this area. N leaves to go the castle. Cheren and Alder are here. They tell me to go on.

Well, that was not the ending I expected. Hmm. I save the game turn it off, and will return tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #164
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

N’s Castle

Let’s move into the Castle. I enter and there are Six Sages in front of me. It looks like all of their head bad guys save Ghetsis. They are about to attack when Clay, the Gym Leader arrives to help me out. Now its 6:2, or 3:1. Much better odds. Then a bunch of the other Gym Leaders arrive too – 8 in all. They tell me to go on while they hold off the Sages. Time to explore.

I run into a Shadow Triad member who tells me that I can rest and exchange pokemon. A pink haired lady who is not Nurse Joy heals my Pokemon. I am given a ton of background info on N. For example, he had no family growing up, and was surrounded by Pokemon, those that had been hurt or mistreated by people. Ghetsis made sure those were the ones he was surrounded by.

I find a Max Potion. Grunts in the castle admit they have been doing things behind N’s back as well, such as using the Pokemon released by others. Ghetsis has been the planner and organizer and manipulator of it all. There are scientists who have managed to infiltrate the storage system of people and can release all of the stored Pokemon as soon as N commands it. It also includes PC for me to change my Pokies, but I keep everything the same.

I find a Max Revive and a Grunt who is questioning Plasma, because he has come to love Pokemon. Interesting that they included this in the game. A Grunt gives me an Ultra Ball since it’s not needed any more. Someone teleported me to the Pokemon League, and then someone there teleported me back. Whew! That means I can buy more items if I need to, but I don’t.

I find a rare candy in N’s childhood room. A Full Restore is in the next room. I run into Ghetsis and get the monologue that tells all.

I run into N, and he is upset that Zekrom never manifested itself for me, and tells me I have no chance against him and his legendary Pokemon. Of course, I still have 4 in my party, plus a Dragon. A massive scene where his dragon enters and tears through walls and stuff arrives. Then the Dark Stone begins to tremble and hover over us. Suddenly, Zekrom breaks out of the Dark Stone and is free!

N is telling me that Zekrom wants to battle me and force me to grab it. He gives me a chance to capture. I save the game.

I move Thundurus to the front. Here goes. I use Thunder Wave. I go first too, it’s level 50. It uses Zen Headbutt. Takes over half of Thundurus’s life. Thunderbolt! Minor damage. I thinks it’s another dragon. Thundurus faints to Slash and I send out Smaug. I use Dragon Pulse. I go first. I get a crit and he ko’d, so I restart. Same as before. It goes to deep yellow from the Pulse. It takes Smaug to red and paralyzes him. Go Dusk Ball! He takes out Smaug, so I send out Victini and catch it on the 2nd throw.

Zekrom
Level 50
No Name
Dragon/Electric
No Gender

I am given an immediate opportunity to add Zekrom to my party, so I do and replace Virizion. Then N heals me. I am given no chance to save, so if I lose, then I have to recapture Zekrom.

Here we go. The final battle against N and the champion.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #165
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We both lead with our legendaries, me with level 50 Zekrom and N with level 52 Reshiram. I’ve haven’t even had a chance to give Zekrom an item or use the TM to give him Dragon Claw. I look at the moves I have available – Dragon Breath , Slash, Fusion Bolt, and Zen Headbutt. Let’s open with Dragon Breath. He uses Fusion Flare. It’s not very effective and drops me to 118 out of 160. Dragon Breath takes him to roughly 45% down, and paralyzes him. That’s a nice plus. I order it again. I go first this time and take him deep. Hyper Beam takes me deep too. He will use Full Restore I suspect, but just in case he doesn’t, I use Dragon Breath once more. He did not use it, and Reshiram has fallen.

His next Pokemon is Vanilluxe, which I suspect is the fully evolved form of that ice cream Pokie, so I switch to Victini. It’s level 50, so I order Victini to use Searing Shot. Victini goes first. Deep yellow. And it is burned. It responded with Blizzard which missed. I order another SS. N rocks a Full Restore. Another burn post SS. I use it again and take out Vanilluxe. Level 47 for Victini. The next Pokemon is Carracosta. I have no idea what that is, so I leave out Victini (One Pokie is as good as another). IT is the evolved Tirtuga, which means its water – yuck. I switch to Thundurus Then he uses Stone Edge. It takes out Thundurus with a Crit and he falls. Go Smaug. Dragon Claw! Stone Edge back does nor mal damage, and we both still in the green. I use D Claw again. I get a crit with the Claw and take out the water turtle.

The next Pokemon is Archeops, and I think that this is the evolved form of that rock/flying pokie I got. The other fossil Pokemon. Back to an injured Zekrom. I use Fusion Bolt. He goes first and knows Dragon Claw. Zekrom faints. I switch to Automaton. I use Revive on Thundurus. My foes uses Acrobatics. I heal Thundurus. Automaton faints. Go Thundurus. Let’s use Thunderbolt. IT uses Stone Edge. Which takes me out in one hit again. Damn. It’s like it has the perfect moves for my Pokies, Dragon Claw for Smaug and Zekrom, Flying for Cobalion, Rock for Victini and Thundurus. Everyone fights at a type disadvantage. I need to take this thing down. I send out Victini. I use Max Revive on Zekrom. I only have 8 and you can’t buy them in stores,. It uses Stone Edge, and Victini dodges the attack. Revive, normal, on Thundurus. Stone edge takes out Victini from full to dead. Go Zekrom. Let’s try Fusion Bolt again, this time with a full life bar to keep you from fainting to Dragon Claw. Dragon Claw took Zekrom from 160 to 78, but Fusion Bolt took out a full health Archeops in one hit – about time. Whew!

The next Pokemon is Klinklang. Cleary the evolved Klink and Klang. Victini is KO’d, but Cobalion has fighting, so I send it out. Just like his other ones, this is level 50. I use Sacred Sword. It goes first and does about more than half damage. I get Metal Sounded back and Cobalion; special defense severely fell. Another Sacred Sword takes it out.

The next Pokemon he wants to send out is Zoroark. I leave in Cobalion, since I can’t recall what that is. It looks like it may be dark. Let’s try to hit it with Sacred Sword. It uses Flamethrower first – It takes out a fully healed Cobalion with one hit. Go Smaug. Let’s try Dragon Claw. It goes first with Focus Blast. It takes out Smaug, and now I am in trouble. I have two Pokemon left, both are less than half life. I send out Thundurus. Thunder Wave or Max Revive someone. This is his last Pokemon. If I thought my level 46 Thundurus was faster than his level 50 Zoroark then I’d Thunder Wave for sure, but I don’t know. Who would survive two hits from this? I’ve seen Focus Punch and Flamethrower, and I’ve got to believe that it’s Dark from the way it looks. That leaves out Automaton, Cobalion, etc. I think a fully healed Smaug would be my best bet, so I use another Max Revive on it. It uses Night Slash and takes out Thundurus. Go Smaug! Go Dragon Claw! It goes first even vs Smaug. Focus Blast took me to yellow. Dragon Claw took Zoroark out. Level 52 for Smaug.

We did it. Whew!

10000 for us.

N is beginning to have a change of heart, and in comes Ghetsis to chide him. Ghetsis is monologue-ing again. He is threatening to kill me, but in come Cheren and Alder. Ghetsis is admitting the whole thing – lying to get Pokemon, lying to create Team Plasma, Ghetsis challenges me to battle. My Pokies appear to have healed, and he sends out Cofagrigus. I STIL HAVEN’T HAD A CHANCE TO SAVE THIS. This is really annoying.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #166
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This really sucks. I order Zekrom to use Fusion Bolt. He goes first and takes Cofagrigus to red after a crit. Again! He uses Full Restore. Another crit. Nice. I order it again expecting another Full Restore, but nope, and Cofagrigus has fallen. His next is Bouffalant. These Pokies are in the 52 level range. I want to send out Cobalion, but he was recently taken out by one super effective move from a Pokie that didn’t even have a STAB attack. I could keep out Zekrom. I could dispatch Smaug. I cloud slide to Automation knowing there could not be any stab attacks from the Normal Pokie. Then I could use Curse. I don’t use Curse enough to know if it would still effect the target if Automaton falls. I could STAB Earthquake. That’s probably a safer choice. I slide to Automaton. It’s level 51 after all. I use Earthquake, and I go first. He uses it back. Neither of us took the other to yellow. It did about the same level of damage to each of us, so I could have Cursed. Ah well. I use it again. He is in red. He uses it again, and I’m in deep yellow. A third time. He does not use a potion and falls. Good job Automaton.

My foe’s next Pokemon is Seismitoad. It’s a Ground/Water Pokemon. Flying is immune to ground, ground to electric. I could toss out Thundurus and use Fly. I assume it has a good ground attack, perhaps another with Earthquake. Sending out Cobalion is stupid, and no one has a type advantage against it. I could also just send out Smaug and slog with it, but removing a STAB attack in Earthquake seems my best bet, so out goes Thundurus. I use Fly and jump up. It uses Muddy Water and I am no there. I fall down and deal very little and it uses Rain Dance. I only took out roughly 30% with Fly. I try it again. It connects with Muddy Water and I am down to yellow (as is it). The bad thing about Fly is that I could use it here, and he could use a Full Restore, and then I hit, and it takes me out. I don’t have another attack beside Thunderbolt. He hasn’t been using Restores before when he could’ve and needed to, so perhaps he has just one. I used Muddy Water a lot and I know it misses sometimes. What I could do is heal Thundurus and keep healing after every attack until his misses. It will happen. Then I use Fly and take it out. Let’s play this aggressively. I use Fly. He does not use a potion. Fly takes it out. Good job Thundurus.

His next Pokemon is Bisharp. I want to send out Victini, but dark is good vs Psychic, so I send out Cobalion. Dark/Steel is double weak vs fight. Go Cobalion. I order a Sacred Sword. We go first and OHKO it. Level 47 for Cobalion. The next Pokemon is named Hydreigon. I have no idea what that is, but it sounds like Water. I switch back to Zekrom. It doesn’t look like water, it looks like a flying, dark, dragon. I go with my gut and use Dragon Breath. It uses Dragon Pulse and kills me in one hit. Dang. It’s definitely dragon. It’s level 54. I send out Smaug, who I think is faster that Zekrom, and only gives up two levels. He goes first with Dragon Pulse – fast. He takes out Smaug in one hit too. I’ve just lost my two strongest Pokies, fully healed, in back to back turns. I send out Cobalion. It has Fire Blast and hits, of course KO’d Cobalion. I don’t get lucky with a miss. I dispatch a very wounded Victini. If Smaug and Zekrom aren’t fast enough to hit Hydreigon, then who can take him out? Will Thundurus get off a Thunder Wave before biting it? I doubt it. All of these attacks are elemental and will do normal damage to Automaton, who is badly injured. I think my only shot is to Max Revive Cobalion, and then hope my foe misses with Fire Blast and see if Sacred Sword can take it down, since I bet it’s a Dark Pokie. I do it. Down goes Thundurus. In goes Cobalion. There is a 30% chance that Fire Blast will miss, assuming it uses the same stats as previous games. Use Sacred Sword! It connects with Fire Blast. Go Victini. Max Revive Cobalion. It uses Surf? It does not kill me. I use Revive on Smaug. Dragon Pulse takes me down. Go Cobalion. It this again. Go Smaug. Max Revive Victini. I have a plan. Smaug falls. Go Victini.

New plan. I use X Special Defend., now that I have a Poke that can take a hit out already. He uses Surf. It does a lot less damage. Another! Now I use Hyper Potion to heal me. He uses Dragon Pulse and does not much. I use Revive on Cobalion. Surf on me. I use Hyper Potion on Vic. Surf again. Hyper Pot on Cobalion. Surf again. It s crit and Victini falls. Blast. And I was about to start bringing back others. I slide to Automaton. Max Revive on Victini and we’ll try this again. This is going to take a while, I’ll tell you the results in a bit.

Okay, I have a fully revived and healed Smaug, Cobalion, and Zekrom, when Victini falls to another crit with Surf. Out goes Cobalion. Let’s try Sacred Sword again. It uses Focus Blast, which it has not used until now, it also has a 70% chance of hitting, and it does, so I fall again. Go Smaug! Let’s Max Revive Victini again. Go Victini. I’m using the X Spec Def trick again.

My foe is now using Struggle, which means it has no moves left. Haha! Victini is Searing Shot’ing it. It faints! Level 51 for Zekrom. My last foe is Eelektross. Electric Pokemon. I would send out Automaton, but I had not fully healed it just a revive. I send out Zekrom. Let’s start with Dragon Breath. It replies with Crunch. Neither do a lot. Again. A third time. It is in Red and Paralyzed, and it does not attack because of that. One more time! Eelektross falls.

Ghetsis is mega pissed. He is escorted out by Alder and Cheren have a Jedi conversation with N that basically says things like you can turn from the Dark Side. N has a heart to heart with me, and then the credits.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #167
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, time for my patented Post Game Review!

I loved a lot of new things in this game. First of all, I loved the better 3d graphics and feel of the game. It’s didn’t get in the way of the game like the 3D thing did for Coliseum and XD did sometimes. I also loved the basic plot. I liked a villain team that wasn’t so villainous sounding.

I also adored how no Pokemon from previous games where in this one. I know it’s because this is far away and whatever, but still. It gave this game its own unique flair. I also liked how I had two rivals instead of one. Smart.

In terms of Pokemon design, this has to go down as some of the dumbest Pokemon I’ve seen. A gear Pokemon? An ice cream cone, or sundae Pokemon? A snot nose Pokemon? A sarcophagus Pokemon? A garbage bag Pokemon? A candle/lantern/chandelier Pokemon? I always thought the Pokemon from Gold/Silver were the dumbest overall looking for including such winners as a Pine Cone Pokemon and Hoppip’s entire line the Kernel Pokemon and taking cool looking Pokemon and making silly looking earlier versions (Elekid, Magby). Every gen has dumb Pokemon (Jynx and Mr Mime; Glalie and Chimecho; Combee and Cherubi). But this has the most, I feel.

One of the things I didn’t like was that all of the Pokemon that are cool looking you don’t find until late and your party is set. I did switch to Golett and Axew in the late game, but there were a lot of cool looking Pokemon late game that would have balanced out the cuteness. Imagine Pawniard early or Druddigan or Durant or Heatmor.

I felt the Legendaries were too many, too early, and too useful. If I had wanted to, I could have leveled and had an all legendary team with Thundurus, Victini, Zekrom and the trio. I would have had coverage for a lot. Perhaps move Thundurus to after the Elite Four, and drop the level on the trio that is captured. That makes sense to my mind. You never used all three of the Psychic faeries from Pearl/Diamond because why would you want the exact same Pokemon three times, with a few statistical variance, but the same level and type? The most of the legendary birds I ever had in my party was two. Now, I have finished with two legendaries lots of times – Regice and Rayquaza, Ho-oh and Raikou, Articuno and Zapdos, Giratina and Azelf. I’ve never finished with three, but I thought I might with Victini early. (I don’t know why Victini never had a good Psychic attack – considering how useful it would have been vs the masses of fight Pokies, it’s a miss that I don’t like).

I remember when Psychic was super valuable against the bad guys because they always had Poison Pokies. Hypno was my highest level Pokemon in one go through the first game because I could just put it in front and sweep Team Rocket aside. Now they almost all have Dark, so you are screwed unless they send out the one poison they used – Trubbish and its evolved Garbodor. Where were the poison pokies? The Trubbish family, the Whirlipede family, and then Foongus and Amoongus. That’s three lines, and that’s not a lot.

It felt like there were a ton of Darks, so I looked it up, yup, ton of darks. It felt like a ton of fights, so I looked it up. Before this gen, there were 12 mono-fight. This one added 7. Before this gen, we had 13 more than had a second type of Fight plus. In this gen, we added 9. In all previous games, there were 25 fight, this one adds 16 in one sweeping move. Yup, a lot of fighting Pokies.

10 Rocks. 11 Ground. 10 Dragon. 7 Ice. 12 Steel. 9 Ghost. 16 Psychic. 11 Electric. 20 Grass (includes starters), 17 Water (inc starts), 15 Fire (Inc starters), 18 Bug, 18 Flying, 17 Normal. It seems they pushed some types (Steel, Dragon, Dark, Fight) and reduced others. They also seemed to have fewer single type Pokemon than before, but someone would have to check on that for me. Grass has more types than any other, and I wouldn’t have guesses that in a Urban/Suburban setting.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #168
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I load the game back up. I am at home. I run into Mom and a police officer. He wants me to find the seven sages in hiding. I agree to help and he gives me a Super Rod. I haven’t gotten any rods until now. Outside are Bianca and Cheren. The Shadow Triad helped Ghetsis escape. He is still out there. Here comes the Prof. Juniper, elder (a ka Cedric). He gives us all National Pokedexes.

I check out Prof Juniper, junior in the lab and she gives me TM 10 Hidden Power for my 144 Pokedex. I am told there is a swarm of Pokies on Route 4, so I head over, run around in the sand, and find Hippopotas. That’s my first Pokemon from a previous game. I will not be giving you graphics and such for capturing the old ones.

I start exploring to see what is different. I still can’t fully explore the Dreamyard. I am heading into Pinwheel Forest and run into a shaking grass, and I encounter a Pansage, not an Audino. The Pans must be in the shaking grass in here. I may come back later to see if I can grab a Pansear and Panpour.

I spend a day finishing up Season 8 of Pokemon, which I got on bootleg, because season sets of 3, 4, 7, and 8 have never been released in the USA. I hadn’t seen 7 and 8, and I started and finished in the last week or so. Anyway, I load the game back up, and see a swarm on Route 6, so let’s head over. Thundurus was so close to leveling up that I take down an innocent Deerling and bring him to 47. I run into a level 53 Minun. I paralyze it and take it to deep red. I catch it in one go. I won’t name my new captures unless I see myself using them.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:54 AM   #169
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The next thing I want to do is to start using the Super Rod. I want to find some good water pokies. I decide to head out to Route 17 and 18 in the water and see if that laboratory has something new post game. I suspect it will, and I can fish along the way. I cast from the waterfront in Route 1 and find just a Basculin. I run into a lot of Basculin. Then I fish a dark fishing spot, and find a level 54 Feebas. So my third Pokemon, from all of the previous games, is a massively over-leveled Feebas. Go Quick Ball. It works. I move around and get another spot and find another Feebas. I try to kill it to see how much XP I get from this 59th level one. Not much. I keep moving and try to make another fishing spot.

I’m not getting any more so I move on. Route 17. I start fishing and run into a Horsea. Go Quick Ball! Gotcha. I also run into a Finneon. Another Quick Ball is sent out – grabbed it. I can’t get a fishing/surfing spot to appear so I move on. I take a current to Route 18. I fish a darker spot that appears here and get a level 36 Seadra. Quick Ball! Got it in one. Looks like you can get leveled up versions of normal Pokies in them.

I see a sage while moving around the island! It’s Rood. He is having a crisis of faith, and gives me a great tm; TM 32 Double Team. Here comes the international cop. Rood and the cop leave together.

I run into a Lumineon on my way out in a fishing spot. I catch it. This proves that evolved forms are in the spots, so I bet a Milotic is in Route 1. It has to be!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #170
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I find a Basculin, Basculin, Feebas, Basculin, Basculin, Feebas, Basculin, Basculin, Level 48 for Thundurus, Basculin, I fly back to Striaton City for a heal. Thundurus just got ko’d by a level 66 Basculin. Someone here tells me there is something going on at the Dreamyard, so I head out. And now, the cones are gone ,and I can continue. I guess that finding the sage in Route 18 was the key, because I was just here after the Elite Four. I head downstairs and see a large area.

Sunday night is TV night. I grab by DS and intend to explore and capture new Pokies. I back out of this dungeon intending to come back laters.

Here is what I catch during my explorations.

Goldeen
Seaking
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Chinchou
Relicanth, level 60
Clamperl
Krabby
Luvdisc

Leavenny in shaking bushes

I exchange Crunch for Heal Block on Thundurus when it gets to 49.

WOWOWOWOWOW. Persistence paid off and I finally got that Milotic, a 59th level one. Now let’s see if I can capture it. Quick Ball first turn fails. Now let’s try Thunder Wave. It used Aqua Ring, so dealing damage over time is not an option. I order a Net Ball. Got it once!!! Whoot!

I name it Beautifish. Let’s go take a look. Hydro Pump, Attract, Safeguard and Aqua Ring. I kinda would prefer it still had the classic recover. I might want to teach it Surf. Some good Tms to use would be Protect, Toxic, Ice Beam, and perhaps Double Team. Milotic’s stats are at the level of Gyarados and Haxorus. It seems a little understat’td/ I’ taking a look.

For example, here is the level 47 Cobalion, which has 129 defense stat to Milotic’s 125 special defense. Considering the level difference (12), Milotic’s actual special defense should be massively higher than Cobalions actual defense – 154 to 168, just a diff of 14 – not that much. Haxorus and Milotic are both Pokies with 540 total stats in potential. Currently, despite a 7 level difference, Milotic is at 591 and Smaug at 588, virtually the same. It seems a bit under-powered for a level 59 Pokemon of significance.

I was looking for a major water Pokemon. This might be it. I wish it were flying too, then I could drop Thundurus.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #171
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head back and continue some catches:

Kingler
Barboach

Level 50 now for Thundurus. I decide to start working on getting levels to Zekrom now. I teach it Dragon Claw instead of Dragon Breath, and Thunder Wave replaces Slash. Then I move it to the front to get the XP for killing these level 56 Relicanth and such.

I move into Challenge Cave just to move around the entrance and catch some Pokies, not to explore yet. I find a Sableeye, Level 52 for Zekrom. I am searching and realize that waterfall works in Lostlorn Forest to finish exploring. I grab a Rare Candy and run into a Pansear and grab it. I then run into a level 22 Lilligant, and I grab it too. I then find a Panpour, so I have the Pan-set.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dreamyard Basement

Trainer #1 – Zekrom vs Drowzee – level 63! Vs Hypno. Victini vs Mushrana. Lv 48 for Victini. 3024. I need to get healed and then return.
Trainer #2 – Zekrom vs Poliwhirl. Lv 53. Victini vs Mushrana again. Vs Parasect. Lv 49. I swap out Confusion for Zen Headbutt and Victini finally has a real Psychic attack. 3024.
Trainer #3 – Zekrom vs Beldum. Cobalion vs Metang. Smaug vs Beheeyem. Vs Reuniclus. 2016. I need another heal.
Trainer #4 – Smaug vs Jigglypuff. Lv 53. Vs Musharna. Smaug is quickly KO’d. Ouch. Go Victini. 3072.
Trainer #5 – Zekrom vs Natu. Vs Banette. Lv 54. Vs Xatu. 2048. I get healed again.
Trainer #6 – Smaug vs Musharna. Cobalion vs Stantler. Lv 48. 3072.
Trainer #7 – Smaug vs Starmie. Victini vs Wobboffet. Victini is KO’d. Go Zekrom. Lv 55. 2080

I go up some stairs and here is a seer. It’s Gorm. He is being very introspective about the effectiveness of the methods of Team Plasma. He gives me TM 75 Swords Dance. The cop arrives and takes Gorm away.

I find a Twisted Spoon, Hyper Potion, Max Potion, TM 85 Dream Eater.

I run into a Raticate outside and catch it. Level 54 for Smaug, 49 for Cobalion, 56 for Zekrom. I also capture a Kricketune, Ariados, Venomoth, Ledian.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-21-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:45 AM   #173
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 11

I’m told there is a Poke Outbreak at Route 14, which I have not unlocked. Let's start getting there!

I run into a Zangoose as soon as I enter. I also capture Golduck, and then I see a need for Waterfall l here so I leave to switch in a waterfall Basculin.

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Croagunk. 1560.
Trainer #2 – Zekrom vs Rapidash. Lv 57. Cobalion vs Cacturne. Thundurus vs Mantine. Lv 51. 3840.
Trainer #3 – Cobalion vs Snover. Go Victini. Lv 50 for Cobalion. 1560
Trainer #4 – Cobalion vs Dewgong. Victini vs Pinsir. Lv 50. Zekrom vs Pelipper. 3840

I surf into a Buizel. I run into and capture Gligar, Seviper, as well as evolved versions of Black/White Pokemon in Bisharp and Braviary.

Things I find of consequence: Tm 50 Overheat, Max Revive, Protector

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-21-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #174
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Village Bridge

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Zubat. Vs Slugma. Lv 51 Cobalion vs Poochyena. Vs Electrike. Zekrom vs Doduo. Cobalion vs Nosepass. 1200
Trainer #2 – Cobalion vs Amoonguss. Lv 51. Vs Seviper. Vs Ekans. Vs Grimer. 2976
Trainer #3 – Cobalion vs Combee. Vs Ursaring. Lv 52. 2560

This baker hires me to waitress the people, so I decide to try it out. I run into a house where the person allows me to rest and recover my Pokemon. I run into a guy who wants to see a different Pokemon caught each day, and today it’s Feebas.

I capture a Bibarel, Carvanha

Important Findings – Leftovers, Calcium. HP Up,

Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #175
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 12

Trainer #1 – Cobalion vs Shuppet. Smaug vs Phanpy. Victini vs Snorunt. Cobalion vs Skitty. Vs Cacnea. 2928
Trainer #2 – Cobalion vs Makuhita. Switch to Victini. Vs Tyrogue. Vs Riolu. 3024
Trainer #3 – Cobalion vs Paras. Victini vsw Wormadam. Lv 52 for Vic. 1280
Trainer #4 and #5 – Cobalion and Zekrom vs Swoobat x2. Lv 53 for Cobalion. Lv 58 for Zekrom. 3120
Trainer #6 – Cobalion vs Weedle. Victini vs Beedrill. Smaug vs Kakuna. 1260

Pokemon I capture. Heracross,

Things I find of consequence – TM 53 Energy Ball, Sitrus Berry x2, Big Mushroom, Tiny Mushroom x2,

Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #176
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 13

I skip the town for now because I want to get to Route 14 and find the swarming Pokemon today. I can return later. I’m not exploring much, and skipping most of the trainers and area just to get to 14.

Trainer #1 – Cobalion vs Buneary. Vs Snubbull. Victini vs Shroomish. 1008
Trainer #2 - Cobalion vs Nincada. Victini vs Mothim. Vs Metapod. Lv 53. 1008
Trainer #3 & 4 – Cobalion and Thundurus vs Plusle and Minun. Lv 54 for Cob. Lv 52 for Thundy. 1024
Trainer #5 – Cobalion vs Fafetch’d. vs Granbull. 12800

I run into a Golbat and grab it. Later I also run into and capture a Solrock. I find a house with a guy who’ll teach your starter their version of Hyper Beam.

Items I Find of Note: Razor Claw,

I am at the next town, and again I intend to run through to 14 and grab whatever is there and then head back. 13 was huge and will some time to fully explore.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #177
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 14

I run into a Jigglypuff and grab it. I also find a Yanma, Beheeyem, Floatzel, Drifblim, Altaria (level 59 too), Shuckle. I also capture my favorite Pokemon of all time – TROPIUS!

Level 59 for Zekrom while fighting a wild Golduck.

While exploring, I find a sage! It’s Giallo. He gives me Tm 08 Bulk Up after giving me advice on how to train Zekrom. Then our cop arrives.

I find: Reaper Cloth

Old 03-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #178
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Relic Castle Redux

I just realized that I had totally forgotten Relic Castle, because earlier, when I got to the lowest floor I
reached, the game stopped, but there could be a bunch of stuuf down there still, plus there was a Pokeball and a back exit I never found to, so I know there’s something there. Let’s go.

At the front I run into Professor Juniper, and she tells me that the statues are actual Pokemon from 2500 years ago that are hibernating or meditating. The way to wake one up is to give it a Rage Candy Bar, and she gives me one and leaves. Okay. It was a sleeping Darmanitan, level 35, the evolved of Darumaka. It attacks, so I try and capture it, since I don’t have one yet. One Quick Ball later and I’ve got it. I name it Firesleep.

I grab a Sandslash and find a Grunt who tells me that there is a seer back here looking for a rare Pokemon. As I move through this maze of rooms, I hit a Claydol. I can’t catch it with Paralysis, so I use Crunch to drop its HP and try Dusk Balls then. I use 9 before one finally sticks. Ouch.

I run into Ryukyu, and he says the Volcarona is here and he was to catch it and present it to Ghetsis but they are no longer complete and with power. He gives me TM 04 Calm Mind. The Cop arrives to take him away.

I enter a place with a large Pokemon in it. I approach, and I get ready to tangle with this Volcarona.

It’s level 70, and it’s this weird flying firemoth. Kind of like Mothra with red wings. I use thunder wave. Thnundurus falls although it was damaged, so I send out Victini. Two hits take it to the early yellow with psychic and fire attacks – neither are super effective. I start using Flash to reduce its ability to hit things. It gets a crit with Bug Buzz and takes out Victini, go Smaug. Slash takes it to Red, and then I start chucking…hmmm. Dusk or Net? Which is better vs bug? I use Dusk, since I’m not 100% sure it’s a bug. Caught it on the second ball.

Volcarona
Level 70
No Name Given
Bug/Fire
Female

It’s just the evolved Larvesta, not a legendary or anything. I thought it was the way everybody was talking and how deep down and in a maze this thing was.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #179
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On the way out, I capture an Onix, find a PP max with Dowsing Machine, and the ball was TM 26 Earthquake!

Volcarona looks pretty good. I like three of its abilities. Only Silver Wind is not that hot, and Quiver Dance is awesome – it increases speed, special attack and special defense in one turn. That’s pretty sexy.

I run across a ship at the docks that leaves in the evenings, so I need to head back tomorrow.

I checkout Liberty Garden again for a seer. Nothing. I remember this building back in the Cold, that had nothing in it before, so I head over there again. The outbreak today is again in Route 4, so there’s nothing new there. I already caught the Hippopotas here. I arrive at Cold Storage and try the back, but the door still doesn’t work. Since I’m here, I check out the back where that sage was before. There is another back here! Zinzolin. He gives me the history of Ghetsis and the Sages for a bit. He gives me HM 01 Hone Claws. The cop finds him and leaves.

The next place I think may hold a sage is that cave on Route 9, that you were unable to get to prior to beating the Elite Four. I’ll head over and check it out.

I drop off Basculin and look at some options. Automaton could come back. I’m kind of impressed by this level 60 Bisharp I caught. Dark/Steel is weak to just three attacks – fight, fire and ground. It’s immune to Psychic and Poison. It’s only normal to Bug, Water and Electric. The other 9 types are at 50% attack. That’s pretty good for a Pokie that specializes in attacking. It has Iron Head and Night Slash, to use its types, and that’s pretty solid. Other options are the Volcarona, Milotic, and Altaria. I’ll grab Volcarona for now and hit the cave.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Challenger’s Cave

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Golbat. 1560
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Dratini. Cobalion vs Sudowoodo. Lv 55. Zekrom vs Manetric. Victini vs Scyther. 3780
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Furret. Lv 54. Smaug vs Gabite. Lv 55. Vs Grumpig. 3840
Trainer #4 – Smaug vs Gyarados. Smaug falls to a Blizzard. Zekrom finishes. L 60 for Zekrom. Vs Druddigon. Cobalion vs Gigalith – Cobs falls to Earthquake. Go Thundurus. Stone Edge finishes off Thundurus. Go Zekrom again. Volcarona vs Excadrill. I miss Heat Wave and rock attack takes me out. Zekrom again. I used revive and heal by Victini on Smaug. Go Smaug. Vs Snorlax. I have to use three Full Restores due to paralysis and damage from Body Slam attacks, but I manage to finish it off. Lv 56 for Smaug. Vs Crobat. I revive Zekrom before biting. Go Zekrom. Lv 61. 5040. That was rough.
Trainer #5 – Zekrom vs Wormadam. Vs Cloyster – uh oh – ice. Lv 62. Vs Ninetales. Volcarona vs Leavanny. 5200

No seer or legendary or anything fun

I run into a Riolu down here. I catch it, plus Graveler, Lickitung, and Mawile.

Items of Import: Ether, PP Up, Nugget, Max Ether, Star Piece, Rare Candy, Everstone, Protein, Tm 71 Stone Edge, Heart Scale, Black Belt, Oval Stone

Old 03-23-2011, 12:54 AM   #181
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I grab a Pineco from a Route 16 swarm. I buy 40 Quick Balls, 60 Dusk.

I head back to Route 12, where I just captured a Heracross before and moved on. Let’s see what else I can grab – Metapod, Sunkern, Combee, Cherrim, Pinsir, Rapidash, Sunflora.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #182
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 13 Again

Let’s fully explore the giant 13. Luckily, Basculin can also learn Cut in addition to Waterfall.

Trainer #6 – Victini vs Camerupt. Switch to Smaug. 3120
Trainer #7 – Victini vs Tentacool. Vs Qwilfish. Victini falls to a crit Poison Jab. Go Cobalion. Thundurus vs Tentacruel. Lv 53. 2016

I return for a quick heal and hit the route again. I find Giant Chasm, and I was told there was a nasty Pokemon down in this cave, but I head back and return to 13.

Trainer #8 – Zekrom vs Magikarp. Cobalion vs Magikarp x 5. 1920
Trainer #9 – Zekrom vs Surskit. Smaug vs Goldeen. Vs Seaking. Smaugs is ko’d to Horn Drill. Victini finishes it off. 2016
Trainer #10 – Zekrom vs Feebas. Vs Remoraid. Lv 63. Vs Kingler, 2016
Trainer #11 – Victini vs Sawk. Vs Hitmonlee. Lv 55. 2080
Trainer #12 – Victini vs Kricketot. Vs Chimecho. 12800

Pokemon I catch – Lunatone, Absol, Swellow, Tangela, Starmie, Staryu, Corsola, Wingull, Pelipper, Shellder.

Things I find of note: Max Ether, Gram 2???, Prism Scale, Heart Scale, Gram 3???, Up-Grade, Pearl String, Splash Plate, Draco Plate, Deep Sea Scale, Rare Candy, Max Revive, Stardust x2, Pearl, Electirizer, TM 29 Psychic – about time! Gram 1, and the guy who gave it to me told me to give these to the Wingull on the route. It gives me TM 89 U-Turn.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #183
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Royal Unova

I head to Castelia City and its port, and pay 1k to get a ride on the Royal Unova. Let’s explore!

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Aipom. Zekrom vs Murkrow. 10240
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Rotom. Lv 56. Smaug vs Alomomola. Thundurus vs Butterfree. 3900

Then the cruise ends before I was able to fight and explore everywhere. I found nothing in the ship, item wise.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #184
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Giant Chasm

Let’s explore and see what we can see.

Levels gained fighting wild Pokies – 57 for Smaug, 56 for Cobalion,

Pokemon I capture: Jynx, Sneasel, Piloswine, Delibird, Seel, Clefairy, Metang (level 55), Ditto

Items found of note – Big Mushroom, Star Piece x2, Tiny Mushroom x2, Comet Shard???, Max Elixir, Carbos, TM 03 Psyshock, Max Revive, TM 13 Ice Beam.

I find a pond in the middle of a forest in the back and suddenly an ice storm hits and blankets everything in snow. Hello Kyurem.

Zekrom Thunder Waves it. Then a Fusion Bolt to drop the 75th level legendary a bit. It takes out Zekrom with an ice and dragon attack back to back. Victini takes it to deep red, and I start chucking balls. I literally catch it on the first Dusk Ball.

Kyurem
Level 75
Dragon/Ice
No Gender, Nickname

Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #185
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 15

I run into the Poke Transfer Lab!

Trainer #1 – Cobalion vs Hippowdon. Switch to Thundurus. KO’d, go Zekrom. Cobalion vs Onix. Smaug vs Gligar. 2016
Trainer #2 – Cobalion vs Gulpin. Lv 57. Zekrom vs Drifloon. Lv 64. I do not learn Imprison. Cobalion vs Spheal. Victini vs Swablu. 3968
Trainer #3 – Cobalion vs Altaria. Go Victini. Vs Abomasnow. 3900
Trainer #4 – Victini vs Meditite. Vs Hitmontop. Lv 57. I do not learn Inferno. Vs Medicham. 2048
Trainer #5 – Marowak vs Zekrom. Victini vs Exeggutor. 3900

I capture – Pupitar, Fearow, Marowak, Kangaskhan.

I find: Max Revive, Up-Grade, TM 09 Venoshock

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-23-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #186
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

(BTW, still reading- I'm just a page and a half behind since I don't read past where I've gotten. I'm back at gym 6)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fair enough!

I arrive in White forest, and there is nothing there. No grass, just a Pokemon Center, and a house. That doesn’t seem right, so it appears I have a glitch where my White Forest doesn’t work until I Entralink with someone, which resets it. Because they pissed me off by having a game that doesn’t work, I get my revenge by looking up where the final sage is – the basement of Chargestone Cave. I head down, beat two grunts, and grab the Sage. He gives me TM 69 Rock Polish. Then he is arrested.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-23-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 14 Finished

I capture a Wynaut in a swarm before hitting the route.

Trainer #1 – Smaug vs Barboach. Vs Whiscash. Lv 59. Vs Carvanha. Vs Corphish. 1984
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Primeape. Lv 58. Cobalion vs Scrafty. Lv 58. Thundurus vs Poliwrath. Lv 54. 2048
Trainer #3 – Smaug vs Hippopotas. Thundurus vs Piloswine. He falls, go Victini. Cobalion vs Probopass. 2016

Things I find of note – Max Elixir.

I’ve finished the overland and city explorations. Time to head to one of the few places I’ve not been.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #189
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Abundant Shrine

Trainer #1 – Smaug vs Caterpie. Victini vs Pineco. Vs Scolipede. Vs Masquerain. Lv 59. Vs Spinarak.
Trainer #2 – Smaug vs Burmy. Vs Sawsbuck. Lv 60. Victini vs Tangela.
Trainer #3 – Smaug vs Yanma. Victini vs Ledyba. Vs Ninjask. Zekrom vs Surskit. Lv 65.

Pokies I catch – Noctowl, Stantler, Chimecho, Vulpix, Slowpoke, Bronzong, Misdreavus

Things I find – TM 35 Flamethrower, Balm Mushroom, Razor Fang, Rare Candy, Tiny Mushroom, Big Mushroom, Tm 92 Trick Room

Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #190
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Great writing Abe, really enjoying the dynasty and it's gotten me playing another game of emerald!
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awesome!

Old 04-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #192
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I went on a trip to Baltimore for a few days for a convention, and I played the game in the Airport and hotel a bit. I found a few discoveries:

1). There is a guy on the bottom floor of Twist Mountain that gives me one random fossil a day – the first one was Claw Fossil for Anorith, the second Root for Lileep.
2). A got several items from the guy from the beach.
3). I captured these Pokemon: Smeargle, Mienshao, Magikarp, Mankey, Sentret

New Levels of my dudes – Zekrom: 66, Smaug: 67, Victini: 61, Cobalion: 64, Thundurus: 55

Old 04-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #193
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Winter

As it is April 1, the season has finally changed from autumn to winter, and the screens, music, and everything is different. I move to grab today’s fossil in Twist Mountain, and a cone inside the mountain prevents me from getting easy access. I head out and explore the town. I find a bunch of places that access new areas, and grab a lot of items. I also run into a cliff with some brush, and as I move through to grab another item. I run into some new Pokemon for me to capture. I grab a Vanillish (evolved Vanillite), Beartic (evolved Cubchoo) and Sawsbuck (evolved Deerling, with a winter look).

Time to start exploring some more. Let’s see what else I can find. I remember in Twist Mountain finding a section that I could not get too and my Item Finder telling me something was there, so I head in. I have to go the long way around.

I’m in Twist. I find a few things, including a Skull Fossil from the dude. I find my 2nd Rare Candy. I also find Iron, and then…hoah! I found a Cryogonal! I grab it.

I show a winter Deerling to the scientist on Route 6. I keep exploring. I turn the fossil into a Cranidos.

While exploring Dreamyard again, I run into a Musharna downstairs, just hanging out. Did I miss it before? We engage in battle. It’s level 50. Dang. I grab it with a Quick Ball.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #194
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m working on getting Shagzilla, a Deino, leveled a bit. Shagzilla evolves into Zweilous at level 50. I capture a Poochyena during a swarm at Route 9. I buy some TMS I hadn’t picked up yet like Lightscreen and Reflect, Safeguard and Frustration, Hail, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Thunder and Blizzard. I spent 440k to get these. I still need more, but I need to get some cash first.

I find a Spheal in Undella Bay, while exploring. I grab it. I run around and create some surf spots, and grab a Sealeo. I also capture a Gliscor.

I grab a second Ditto and head to Route 15. I trade it for a Rotom named Eeks. It’s level 60. It also has a Max Elixir that I procure.

I sell all of my Tiny Mushrooms, Big Mushrooms, a Balm Mushroom, Star Pieces, Stardust, some Everstones, Big Pearls and Pearls. Then I pick up the TM for Fire Blast for 70k and Hyper Beam and Giga Impact for 90k each. I also buy another 30 Quick Balls because I used my last one on Ditto.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #195
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I grab a Helix Fossil today and turn it into a Omanyte. After fighting the riches for the day, here is what my Pokies are currently at:

Victini – 64
Cobalion – 66
Smaug – 68
Zekrom – 68
Shagzilla – 56
Thundurus – 56

Old 04-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #196
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There is an outbreak on Route 18 and capture an Exeggcute. I grab Sheildon from an Armor Fossil.

I don’t know if I’ve talked about the Riches at length. They are a family of 6 in a city that each have 12k in cash after you beat them. Once you beat all 6 at once, then you get a minor item and you can’t fight them again, so each day I fight them, get cash, get experience, and then lose intentionally against the last guy. I figured I would show you, in detail, exactly how I face these guys.

The Riches Draco

Level 60 Buizel vs Lv 64 Victini. I use Zen Headbutt, takes it out in one go.

The Riches Susan

Level 61 Teddiursa vs Victini. I use Zen Headbutt. It uses Thrash. I do it again and take it out.
Lv 61 Lopunny vs Lv 66 Cobalion. Sacred Sword. OHKO.

The Riches Clairdonna

Lv 62 Bronzor vs Victini. Searing Shot. It uses Faint Attack. Searing Shot again.
Lv 62 Golurk vs Lv 69 Smaug. Outrage. OHKO.
L 62 Kangaskhan vs Cobalion. Sacred Sword. It uses Outrage. S Sword again takes it out

The Riches Zillion

L 63 Shuckle vs Victini. Switch to L 68 Zekrom. It uses Bug Bite. Dragon Claw. Power Split by it. Dragon Claw takes it out.
L 63 Krookodile vs Smaug. Outrage OHKO.
L 63 Politoed vs Zekrom. Fusion Bolt. OHKO.
L 63 Lickilicky vs Cobalion. Sacred Sword. OHKO.

The Riches Trish

L 64 Weavile vs Victini. Searing Shot. It uses Night Slash. It faints after it got burned. Normally it KO’s Victini on the next turn. I got lucky with the burn.
L 64 Kingdra vs Zekrom. Dragon Claw. OHKO
L 64 Excadrill vs Cobalion. Sacred Sword. It uses Swords Dance. Again. It falls.
L 64 Heatmor vs Cobalion. Iron Head. Stockpile by it. It Stockpiles again. Again. Swallow, and I’m bored now. Sacred Sword. Stockpile. Sacred Sword takes it out. (Usually I just toss out Smaug and take it out, but I wanted to take out my Pokies earlier than normal this time).
Lv 64 Vespiqueen vs Zekrom. Fusion Bolt, OHKO.

The Riches Miles

(now my goal is to start getting my Pokies offed)

65 Donphan vs Victini. Zen Headbutt. Earthquake takes me out. Go Smaug. Outrage takes it down.
65 Haxorus vs Samug. Outrage continues, OHKO.
65 Braviary vs Thundurus. I use Thunder Wave a bunch until it takes me out. Zekrom’s Fusion Bolt finishes it.
65 Bisharp vs Cobalion. Sacred Sword, OHKO
65 Lanturn vs Cobalion. It uses Aqua Ring to my Metal Burst. It hits with Hydro Pump the next turn. A 2nd Pump takes me to red. Discharge takes me out. Go Shagzilla. I use Work Up until it takes me out with Discharge and Hydro Pump. Zekrom takes it out with Dragon Claw.
65 Tangrowth vs Zekrom. I use Thunder Wave exclusively while it takes me out with Tickle to drop my defense and then Power Whip to take me out. Smaug, go! It uses Wring Out to deal a lot of damage to Smaug. Smaug falls two turns later to Power Whips.

I give away 8k in my loss. I made a bunch of EXP, Cobalion and Zekrom leveled up and Shagzilla is now 61. I also made 52k total.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-05-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #197
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I grab a Kabuto off a Dome fossil. After fighting the riches twice, Shagzilla hit level 65 and evolved into a Hydreigon. Here is where my pokies ended up level wise – Victini – 66, Cobalion – 68, Smaug – 70, Zekrom – 69, Thundy – 56, Shagzilla – 66

Old 04-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #198
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You may or may not like this. Yahtzee reviewed Pokemon White

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote