Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Allow us to show you a map of the area.

You can see our grey has snaked along the Arabian Peninsula in both directions. It has not been that much though (much lower than my usual efforts). I marked a couple of islands with yellow stars because they are hard to make out of the map. The chain south of India is Maldives and the island really close to us is Socotra. (Note our low money - uh oh!)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-09-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And then here is one of just the Indian Ocean, so you can see what we have discovered.

You can see that we have discovered nearly all of it! We have Maldives, Diego Garcia, Mahe, Bourbon and Mauritius as full provinces, and Cocos Island is still in progress. This is our full exploration umbrella, basically the whole ocean is now known. We're at low gold, dropping about a ducat a month, because I've been pushing our advisers to squeeze development from them as much as possible.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-09-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have the 4th best Admin rank, 21st Diplo one, and 1st military rank in the world, putting us at #2.

The Top Ten:

France
Oman
Ottomans
Ming
Austria
Lithuania
Poland
Castile
Mamluks
Timurids

The highest techs in the world. We have the best, 8 in Admin, along with 10 other nations. We have a 7 militarily, which is behind 32 nations with 8. Our Diplomatic tech of 6 is two behind the leader. Our investment in infrastructure has come at this price.

Five nations are fully Shi-ite – Us, Persia, Qara Qoyunlu, Gujarat, and Bahmanis. This compares to 39 Sunni Nations. However, we now have 45 districts with our faith!

We have the 8th largest navy in the world.

We are the production leader in the world in Spices. We also have a large segment of the Coffee trade, and have a bonus because of it.

I declare Kilwa our rival.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-09-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, let us look at the 9 goals of my grandfather.

1) We need an alliance with a major power.

Qara Qoyunlu has been our best ally for a while. They have a bigger army, 24,000 troops, and a lot of expansion to the north of us. I would eventually want Mamluks or Ottomans as an ally, but for now, they have sufficed.

2) We want to become the premier trading nation in the Indian Ocean. There are many great nations along the area, but we want to be the dominant one.

Right now, we appear to be the first power in the area to colonize and explore the Ocean. This is becoming a reality.

3) We have to control a proper navy in order to meet our goals.

Although our navy is the 8th largest in the world, we have room to grow, and thus more drydock action should be undertaken

4) We would like to colonize the Indian Ocean.

Already underway

5) We need to fend off the overly hostile Yemen. They are blatantly seeking our elimination. Probably because they are Sunni.

Yemen is now a quiet vassal. This mission has been accomplished.. However, I wish that we has just taken it in war. We’ve had peace ever since that war, so we could have diminished our aggressive reputation, and these three provinces would now be in our Shi’ite faith. We made the wrong choice.

6) Similarly, the adjacent Najd is also very aggressively looking towards us. Both neighbors are Sunni, and it gets a little too hot here.

While we took two lower quality provinces from Najd, we never really got started. Then the Mamluks came in and absorbed them, and now we are surrounded by an aggressive Sunni nation that’s quite powerful. For strategic reasons, I would like to take Liwa. (The sliver of Mamluk Yellow behind us and the desert). Our other neighbors - Adal across the straight from Mocha, Hedjaz and Qara Q are friends.

7) We eventually want to see Mecca in Shi’ite hands.

We have not made any progress on this front

8) In light of these things, it seems necessary to build our nation militarily, as well as diplomatically.

This has been a success thus far.

9) Nearby one province nation Haasa is Shi-ite as well, and could be a good early ally.

This goal has been completed. Our good brothers in Haasa have seen fit to join our glorious nation. We embraced them and welcomed them as Sons of Allah.

Therefore, the first fifty years has been a great improvement in our status and in completing the nine-fold plan.

May Allah bless Oman for another 50 years!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-09-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We shall conclude this report by looking at our various holdings in turn – all of our areas are Bedouin, followers of Shi’a, and have a level 2 fort to protect them.

Muscat – Our improvements to the capital have brought about an increase in money and it has risen to 21.11 ducats. No holding in the Arabian Peninsula makes more money annually than Muscat. It remains a vital Center of Trade and a high taxvalue and spice trade. We have built a Marketplace, Temple, and Constable here.

Suhar – The shepherds of this province send wool to others, and we now make 8.46 ducats annually. The Timurids created a claim here but have done nothing to it. It also has a Temple and Marketplace.

Qawasim – Another group of wool merchants make us 7.08 ducats form their Temple.

Nizwa – With another spice trade area, Nizwa is now making 12.54 ducats annually, led by a Temple.

Dhofar – The spice trade is strong here, led by items such as frankincense. They also make 12.54 ducats and have a Temple and Marketplace.

Beni Yas – Captured from Najd, this province still has a tax value of one. It’s adjacent to Liwa, the Mamluks province inland of us. We make 5.7 ducats created by our local shepherds who worship in a Temple.

Qatar – Taken from Najd as well, 7.08 ducats are also made here from the wool export. A Temple is here as well.

Al Hasa – Our inner-most province, Al Hasa was once the Arid land of our ally, Haasa. It makes 4.35 ducats from the wool trade too.

Mahra – The first of four mainland districts we took from Yemen, it has a low tax value. Due to the Arid land, Fish is the good of choice here, and they hake 5.27 ducats with their production. They too have a Temple to worship in.

Hadhramaut – Another arid province from Yemen, wool has reoccurred here, and 7.08 ducats are also created around the culture with a local Tempe to serve their spiritual needs.

Aden – The local Center of Trade on the other end of the Peninsula as he Red Sea hits the Bab el Mandeb, Aden gets 12.54 ducats from its spice trade. It has a Marketplace and Temple.

Mocha – With a higher taxvalue of 3, and the powerful Coffee trade, Mocha is a very valuable province with 13.25 ducats - the third most valuable we have, and the second most valuable non-colony. It is next to Adal by crossing the strait, as well as Yemen. A Temple was built here too.

Socotra – Because of a loss to income from overseas, Socotra just makes 1.79 gold for us, total, from fishing.

Mahe – North-North-East of Madagascar is the small island of Mahe. With a taxvalue of 2 and fish, it doesn’t have a large economic impact on our area. It just makes 1.86 annually.

Bourbon – High taxvalues of 5 plus Sugar give this island some serious potential. It’s at 4.76 right now.

Mauritius – Same taxvalue and export, but it makes 4.22 instead. Probably because Bourbon has a Temple.

Diego Garcia -= South of the Maldives is this fishing island. With just a taxvalue of 1, its currently sitting at 1.19 gold.

Maldives – Here’s a major windfall, maybe. Just south of India is this island chain. Rich with spices, but low in taxvalue of 2, it currently makes just 2.97 ducats in taxes, but 16.08 in production to give us total of 19.05 ducats. That’s a huge bonus. Is this because 1000 men are stationed here? Or is it because it just became an colony this month and the values have not yet changed to reflect its overseas status? I want to find out, because if I can replicate this in Bourbon and Mauritius, then that’s really strong.

Cocos Island – The Penal Colony has barely survived. Because of its tropical nature, it just gets +20 a year normally, and -25 from tropical. The +10 from penal colony growth is necessary to keep this going.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-09-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m ordering 1000 troops in Bourbon. We’ll give them to the Conquistador if they cannot improve our economic structure.

I order a diplomat to manufacture a claim on the province of Majerteen, in Kilwa. I don’t want it that much, but it was the only option.

23 Jan, 1495 – Our explorer has passed. Long May he Live!

2 May – I don’t know how to continue the Maldives experience. I’ve had forces in Bourbon for three months and none of the overseas penalties have been cancelled.

One of our advisors, the government one has passed. The only replacements are expensive 3 stars folks we cannot afford.

7 Dec – Our conniving had paid off and we gain a CB against Kilwa. I want to take a province of theirs, Sofala, with gold all the way to the south, next to Inhambane, in order to core it and use it as a base for future expansion south into Africa.

I order a Temple in Maldives

31, 1496 – I declare war against Kilwa for Majerteen.

19 Mar – 4000 troops arrive in Solfala and begin a siege.

4 April- Our main army marches and arrives at Majerteen. I detach a sieging unit and move on.

2 July – We defeat a minor army in Ajuuraan and begin a siege.

1 Sept – Yemeni forces arrive and assist in Majerteen

4 Nov – Relations maxed with Adal and our diplomat is sent back. I order one to Mamluks to do the same thin.

10 Nov – Our Conquistador has fallen

Old 02-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 Feb, 1497 – We get a Wave of Immigration event to gain 200 in Cocos.

10 Feb – We win a major naval battle in the Coast of Natal

2 March – Majerteen falls

11 Mar – Sofala falls to us too.

24 Mar – Ajuuraan is ours

12 Apr – We discover Fish in the Cocos Islands. Ah well. Hoping for a bit more, but we just need to get this done so we can use it to head out west and south.

15 Apr – We begin a siege of Quelimane, along the coast from Sofala.

13 June – We drive off 10000 troops in Quelimane. We have much better soldiers and technology

10 July – We win again against another 7000, but our troops are badly hurt and wounded.

5 Aug -- I win a third huge victory in the Coast of Natal and order my soldiers to board from Quelimane.

11 Sept – I win in Sofala with our wounded troops and we drive back the troops here besieging the territory.

15 Nov – After we get walls breached, we assault and take Malindi

15 Dec – I order my forces to help the siege in Lamu, and in the grinder we assault and take it. It has fallen too.

I can take Sofala and Majerteen. Do I even want Majerteen? Not really. I just take Sofala and hundreds of ducats.

I order my army back to Mocha, and leave the 4000 troops in Sofala.

Sofala – In the southernmost part of the Kilwa holdings, Sofala has Bantu Sunnis working the gold mines. With a tax value of 2, the major value is obviously the gold, not the taxes. We get 19.36 production ducts from it. It has just a fort. It is next to Quelimane up the coast, Inhambane down it, and there are some nations inside we cannot see. It will take about 5 years to become a core. With a rebellion risk of 8.7%, these troops are staying put.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Allah Works in Mysterious Ways

10 Jan, 1498 – I go shopping:

Constable in Maldives
Marketplace in Mocha
Constable in Aden
Workshop in Muscat
2 Transports

Level 3 advisor, Master of the Mint, helps to reduce inflation, and gives me +3 a month in Admin Power. With our blood money and gold money, we have enough to afford a 3 star guy. Awesome sauce

15 Jan – I send a diplomat to raise relations with Yemen.

The best targets to colonize are South Africa or Australia. They are both outside of the tropical zone, and I’ve seen how bad that’s been with the Cocos, so I want to avoid that for now.

4 Aug – I invest in a new idea- Land of Opportunity, which should increase our global settler speed.

We have also reached our second Omani Idea, Securing Timber Supplies for our ship building, and tht time is reduced by ten percent.

20 Nov – Uh oh. I am getting called into a bad war. The Qara Qoyunlu Conquest of The Mamluks. Against Mamluks, Tripoli, Candar and Aq Qoyunlu. They started it. I don’t want to leave one of my bestest allies,

Sigh. I accept and move some forces to Liwa and others to Najd. Maybe I can get it in a separate settlement or something.

12 Dec – The Mamluks get a claim on Nizwa for Tensions along the border.

20 Jan, 1499 – We begin siegining Najd. I have hired some mercs ot harass Jabal Shammar.

14 July – Rebellion in Sofala

30 July – We won it, but we lost half our troops.

15 Sept – I saw a huge Mamluk army moving to Jabal Shammar, so I broke off most of my forces from Najd. After more than a month in battle, we broke them and won.

30 Oct – Jabal Shammar is ours

5 Dec – We arrive back in Najd and I order an assault.

11 Jan, 1500 – We win Najd falls

31 Jan – We assault and take Liwa. I offer peace talks with Mamluks

I get Liwa, 184 ducats, and peace.

Liwa – taxvalue 1, 4.36 ducats from spices. The Arid area of Liwa is interior to Beni Yas and adjacent of Qawasim, Suhar and Nizawa. It’s Bedouin and Sunni. We have a 8.2% rebellion risk. I order my army here ot garrison h=it and turn it into a core.

I disarm my mercs and spend a bit of cash

Workshop in Maldives
Dock in Muscat
Dock in Aden

Old 02-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Mar – I take a mission to incorporate Yemen

12 Apr – We put down another rebellion in Sofala

We found two adjacent provinces to them Tete and Massapa, inland of Sofala. There’s another that has not been discovered.

3 Nov – I begin the process of annexing Yemen. It’ll take roughly 12 years.

28 Nov – I deny another call against Mamluks and my relations with Mamluks has actually got to positive. So I send in another courier.

22 Feb, 1501 – Our relations with Mamluks have maximized.

1 May – Cocos Island is finally a full province!

I order a fort here.

Cocos just gives us 1 tax each year.

Meet our new Explorer – Ya’Rub Moussa and our new Conquistador Barakat Abbas

We‘re heading over to Cocos to do some more exploring in the area around it, this time to the east and north

Qara Koyunlu has chosen us as a rival. So we can’t be allies again. That’s bad.

31 jan, 1502 – We discover the Karimata Straight, between Ajeh and Java islands.13 Feb – We have another Diplomatic Faux Pas

2 Mar – We uncover the Java Sea. We also found part of Borneo island inhabited by Brunei.

1 Apr – We also find the Moluccas and discover the land of Makassar.

25 May – We purchase Admin Tech 9 - +10% production efficiency. Next tech we can get another slat4e of ideas.

6 June – Liwa is now a core province and I order our Missionary here for the first time in a long time getting some work.

19 June – Sofala is now a core province

I send Settlers to Little Karoo – easy natives, and the farthest I can go. Tax value of 4.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

30 Aug – Dock ordered for Maldives. Production is down here after loss of value of Spices – province is now “just” making 14.93 a year.

21 Oct – We find the Sea of Banda and a local island duo called Buru and Ceram

18 Nov – Kolepom Bay opens before us. We find an inhabitable place called Irian on the side of a large island, that is mostly uninhabitable. We also discover an island called Timor.

20 Dec – We gain a trade dispute CB against Kilwa

31 Dec – The Mamluks were hammered in war with Qara who allied with the Ottomans. Qara took Jabal Shammar, and now the Mamluks have been overly weakened, and feel threatened by us.

I was hoping to ally with Mamluks, but that didn’t happen. I misplayed it when I left my alliance with Qara. Now I have a nasty rival on my edge.

4 Mar, 1503- I order a Dock in Mocha

We have found Barwe, the other inland province from Sofala, all three owned by Kilwa

16 Apr – We find the Coast of Sarawak

17 May – Followed by the Coast of Brunei

8 June – And then the South China Sea

2 Aug – I order 2000 troops built and sent to Sofala

20 November – We find the Straits of Makassar.

20 Dec – And the Sulu Sea

16 Jan, 1504 – And the Sea of Celebes

10 Feb – I purchase Level 7 Military Tech. It enables Shamshir Infantry, and we can build training fields and March. We get bonuses all across our forces too.

We upgrade to Shamshir forces

April 7 – One of our advisors has passed. It was our 2 level diplomatic guy. I hire another who gives me +10% Global Trade Power

I am moving some troops to the Indies. I have a province I want to colonize, but it has 7000 folks there. So we need some troops to clear things out. We’ll have 6000 infantry led by our Conquistador

Old 02-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 June – Liwa is converted. I order our Missionary to ship to Sofala and see what he can do there.

20 July – We find the Sea of Ternete

21 Aug – Followed by the Maguindanao Coast.

11 Dec – Our fleet arrives at the Coast of Java. 6000 troops disembark for Banten, on the southwestern corner of Java,

19 Dec – Allah has called one of his great men home. Today our great Sultan Sulayman Nabhan has passed. We will wear memorial sash of mourning for more than the usual three days in respect of how great he truly was. He led us for more than 50 years of grace and growth.

Our new leader is Sultan Nabhan. He has 5/4/2 skills, and we are in capable hands. But he is 68.

His grandson is Umar Nabhan. His is 12, and has 1/4/3 skills.

Long May the Nabhan Dynasty Rule us with wisdom and honor

Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Dec – Our troops arrive to the shores uncontested. I order in colonists. It’s tropical, but with our recent idea helping, it should still grow decently.

30 Dec – Mogadishu was force vassalized by Kilwa

10 Jan, 1505 – I order a Constable in Suhar

12 Feb – Little Karoo is a slave province. Yuck.

15 Feb – The Hedjaz has gone to war against the Mamluks for Najd Province. We join them.

14 May – We find the Torres Strait

16 Aug – I’m losing too much money and I have to downgrade an advisor. I want to keep building. After my military built back up, slowly, post war, my costs have increased since I’m over the forcelimit. I cut our military Advisor completely.

10 Oct – Hedjaz captures Najd province

23 Nov _ Our forces arrive in Al Jawf. Might as well drop my maintained rate again!

4 Feb – 1506 – The Hedjaz loses a major battle in Tabouk and Mamluk forces are now trying to take the land.

14 March – Our Explorer has passed just as he finds the Trobrian Islands off Papua. The new one is Umar Jomaa.

12 May – I leave behind a siege force and move my army into Hedjaz territory to help stop some Mamluk forces there.

27 May – We break the siege of Tabouk after beating the forces here.

14 June – AL Jawf falls to us

3 Sept – We lose in Medina and cannot break their siege. I tried, sorry Hedjaz

27 Oct – Vilian Strait is discovered

5 Dec – We find Biak Bay

30 Dec – And finally Palau Islands – We have sailed all around New Guinea island.

17 Jan, 1507 – They recapture Al Jawf

4 Apr – We force back their retaking of Najd and they move to Najran and flee before our foes.

6 Apr _ Hedjaz had enough forces to break the siege of Medina. It was about to fall

16 Apr – Very bad news. Allah has called his Sultan again. Our new Sultan cannot take over, he is too young, so we will enter a Regency Council for a time.

Abd al-Aziz I Burji is the Regent. He is 5/2/5, so he should continue our good development.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 May – A huge battle is underway in Najd between us and the Mamluks.

20 May – We win the large battle.

8 September – We arrive in the Sinai and fight against 10000 Mamluks with our 17000 allied forces.

1 Oct – We win – I order our forces to Cairo

16 Oct – We discover the Great Barrier Reef

2 Dec _ Natives of Banten rise up.

5 Dec – And the Northern Tasman Sea

10 Dec – We win in Banten

19 Dec – Our Prince is now old enough to take over. Meet Sultan Umar Nabhan, 1/4/3.

25 Dec – The Mamluks are trying to wrest us from Cairo

30 Dec – We arrive at the Tasman Sea and have now sailed around Australia

24 Jan, 1508 – We barely win in Cairo, but lost about half of our combined Yemen/Oman forces

1 Feb – We get an event for trading in Slaves, and it boosts our revenue

Our cash is running a bit high, since our armies have been wiped. But I’m-a wait to build something until post-war, just in case.

I am moving a few units to Bahrain to begin a siege there – they are ones that were damaged and I fled them and got their manpower back up.

11 May – Cairo falls – on to Alexandria

6 Aug – We got an early wall breached in Alexandria – too bad too many of the assaulting group are cavalry.

30 Sept – Al Jawf falls. A large Mamluk army has arrived near Alexandria and Cairo

1 Dec – Little Karoo is now a full colony! I order a fort here. Our next colony will be the Center of Trade at Cape, right next door.

27 Dec - Hedjaz lost a major battle in Qena and their siege was broken

26 Jan, 1509 – Bahrain falls to us.

We are behind -16% in the warscore despite capturing a lot of land. I can get Bahrain right now in separate negotiation with Mamluks. Why am I still in this dumb war?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 March – Alexandria is now ours

30 Mar – I begin chasing the large Mamluk army.

3 Apr – We have a native uprising in Banten on the same day that we catch the Mamluks in Dumyat.

13 Apr – We have a new heir to the throne – Nasir, a 4/2/3 person

13 May – We win a huge battle in Dumyat. I order our cavalry to pursue our foes while our infantry and artillery move to Al Karak to support us there. If I have to win this war by myself, I will

24 July – We captured Al Karak but our cavalry lost in Damascus

26 Aug – Our main force arrives in Damascus and wipes their army

I can take Al Jawf, Al Karak and Bahrain in peace myself and leave Hedjaz alone. I don’t really want them.

Sigh, what to do. Do I leave my allies up the creek? Just to get Bahrain? It’s barely worth it. I can get Mamluks to cede their core on Liwa too. And about 150 ducats.

I prefer Najd t ogo to Hedjaz too. So Im going to stay in this one.

1 Dec – We discover the Manila Bay

2 Jan, 1510 – And then the Paracel Island area

22 Feb – Negev was captured by Hedjaz

4 March – Damascus falls to us

24 March – We take Judea

28 April – Um, wow. Hedjaz not only sued for peace but gave us Bahrain. Hedjaz took Negev and Najd. Our warscore was leaping up, and I guess they had enough stuff to throw us a bone. (I would have done the same for Najd or something)

Bahrain – Bedouin and Sunni shepherds live in this quiet island. Just a taxvalue of 1, and 2.13 ducats are made here. We are making it a core!

4 May –

I order some stuff:

Temple in Al Hasa, Liwa
Marketplace in Maldives
Workshop in Aden
Big Ship in Muscat

I need some time to rebuild our manpower

Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 October – Banten will be a colony with Spices as its main export

9 June, 1511 – Cape will be an ivory selling province

20 Oct – It is impossible to finish the missionary work to Sofala right now, so I pull our Imams back and get ready to send them to Bahrain in a few years It’s too far away, too hard to convert.

23 Feb, 1512 – We bring in marriageable women into Cape. I would have preferred Banten, but I’ll take it.

22 Mar – We found the Gulf of Leyte

20 April – And the Coast of Luzon opens before us as well.

9 May – And then the Luzon Strait

19 June – Constable ordered for Mocha

17 Sept – We put down an uprising in Banten

2 Nov – Bahrain is now fully ours, and we order in the missionaries that were recalled from Sofala

17 Jan, 1513 – My goal is to load up a Conquistador at Banten and try to unload in the remaining open areas we have yet to discover in the Indies

3 March – Another uprising at Banten

20 Mar – Defeated

3 June – Another uprising

15 June – Also put down

11 July – We order a Workshop in Mocha

24 Aug -Another Explorer death. I don’t another yet.

1 Sept – Cape is now Self Sufficient. I order a fort here.

Cape – This important Center of Trade south enough to be below the tropical areas of Africa has a 7 tax value, ivory, and makes 5.78 ducats for us.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #66
Grover
Pro Starter

Enjoying the dynasty, Abe! Can't wait for the next 50 year update to see your sprawling empire.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Enjoying the dynasty, Abe! Can't wait for the next 50 year update to see your sprawling empire.

Thank you very much!

Old 02-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I send colonists to the inland province of Great Karoo

4 Jan, 1514 0 I order a dock in Cocos Island

12 June – Our explorations have uncovered Pose, Menade, Halmahera, Ternate and Tidore over the last year. We have also fully explored the island of Borneo

5 July – Yemen is integrated into our nation! Allah Wills It!

Najran – The Beduoin Sunni folks in this Arid province, with just a tax value of 1, nevertheless have a valuable spice trade. It makes 8.38 ducats. It’s adjacent to Najd, Asir, Sana’a and Hadhramaut.

Sana’a – the former capital of Yemen is another spice trade Arid area. With a tax value of 2 and Sunni, the folks here send us 9.7 ducats. Sana’a is adjacent to Asir, Najran, Aden, Mocha, and Hadhramaut.

Asir - With a tax value of 3 and next to Mecca, and formerly Hedjaz land that was captured by Yemen, another Arid area, but with Coffee, it makes 10.84 ducats. This port area is next to Najd, Mecca, Najran, Sana’a and Mocha.

All three are core provinces and Sunni/Bedouin – we also gained 7000 troops and 2 ships. I disband a Galley and keep the Cog. I disband the army too. Can’t upkeep it

Old 02-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

30 July – We enter into a Royal marriage with Persia – I accept an Alliance offer the next day

I don’t want a cross-Gulf war with Persia. They are a good ally for me right now. Plus, they had no other allies. They’ll help against Qara Qoyunlu if they get ornery

5 Sept – Another Banetn uprising defeated

10 Sept – Faithful Muslims on the way to Mecca were under attack from roving bands of brigands. We ordain to give them our military protection. We gain some piety and prestige.

10 Oct – I order a Diplomat to fabricate a claim on Massapa, the inland province next to Sofala in Kilwa – its another gold province. We adore the yellow shine.

17 March, 1515 – I order some docks built in Cape

10 May – The Mamluks have chosen us as a rival. Sigh. I choose them back I suppose.

17 June – I haven’t taken a new mission since we absorbed Yemen and gained a bunch of stuff – because they all suck. Colonize Madagascar! Take Jabal Shammar! Make friends with Kilwa! Nope!

7 Oct – Temple ordered for Little Karoo

17 Nov – Ivory in Great Karoo

10 Dec – We now have that claim on Massapa

17 Dec – We now have Military Tech 9, the Star Fort. It enables us to build a Star Fort and Shaybanid Cavalry. We update our horsemen

1 jan, 1516 – We purchase Level 10 Tech for Administrative, the Modern Theocracy. We can get another level of Ideas

It can’t use Diplomatic too, although we might really like Naval Ideas or Trade Ideas.

In the Admin category, I think Economic ideas have value. Espionage is fun.

In the Military Category, we have Offensive and Quality that jump out. Well, I usually want Quality, but this time Quantity might be the right thing. But no force limit bonuses.

If I could pick anything, it’d be Trade Ideas, in the Diplo section. 2 away from another merchant, and you have very good efficieny, but that’s a third diplo idea. So nope.

I decide to wait until I have enough stuff to buy, and I can take one then.

10 Mar – We purchase Dip Tech 7, Naval Ambitions. It increases our colonial range, and naval morale

23 May – We land 2000 troops in Tagoloan and are fighting natives.

13 June – Our Conquistador barely wins. We retuun to Banten.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 Oct – We have positioned ourselves for war with Kilwa.

I declare war for Massapa

I order troops into Majerteen and Massapa

25 Nov – I join Persia in a large pan-Asian war, but intend to stay out of it

18 Dec – Our sieges are going well enough. Kilwa is massing a large army by Majerteen though.

19 Feb, 1517 – Bahrain converts and we send missionaries to Asir

1 March – 300 people flee to Great Karoo

31 March – Our Conquistador arrives in Visayas to more natives

7 April - Our Government Advisor passed and we hire a level 1 Treasurer

10 April – We win in Visayas

1 July – Banten is now Self Sufficient. I order a fort.

Banten similarly shows no issue with overseas stuff. Maybe its because I had forces here from before colonists landed until now, continuously?

19 August – We arrive in Demak, another place on Java island

11 Sept – Massapa falls. There is a unit of 11000 soldiers in Sofala so I order our forces back to oust them

22 Sept – We dfeat the natives in Sunda, next to Banten, and I send in more colonists

20 Oct – We win in Majerteen and it falls.

27 Oct – after a month long battle, we win in Sofala. I order some forces here to support us.

1 Feb, 1518 – After chasing them down the coast, I force a battle in Mombasa and take out an army.

20 Apr – After an early walls breached, the highly valuable Mombasa falls

28 May – We win a major battle in Mombasa as they fail to oust our tired army.

We force them to give us Massapa and 156 ducats

Massapa – Island from Sofala, just a taxvalue of 2, the Shona Sunnis here make us 18.28 ducats with by mining gold. It I next to Sofala, Tete, Barwe, and some others further inland. The tropical province needs aid.

I take the mission to claim Tete, their province.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 June – Great Karoo is now self sustaining! It has a3.3 ducats from ivory and a taxvalue of 4. I order a fort. It is inland of Little Karoo, Cape, and adjacent to Xhosa and Roggeveld too.

With our blood money, we also order

21 June – Our troops arrive in Inhambane. I send Colonists here. It’s tropical, but beside Sofala, which should help it grow.

4 July – I order a Temple in Banten. The rest of my blood money goes to Docks in Bourbon and Mauritius. We have 88 gold left and are gaining 3.8 a month

Once again, I need to let my manpower rebuild

Persia is actually winning her war against the world.

14 Aug – We put down a native uprising in Sunda

15 Oct – We have finished exploring the Philippines

1 Apr, 1519 – We land in Rabaul, at the back end of New Guinea and are facing natives

10 May – We put down another native incursion in Sunda

5 June – We land on Palau on the way back from exploring Rabaul

6 July – We order the construction of a Constable in Banten.

5 Aug – Now that our fleet has landed back in Sunda from its most recent exploration, I order some of the vessel s to Cape. We will use it to explore east up Africa. Our Conquistador loads up with 2000 men and we order them to Cape.

20 Aug – We get a Gold Rush event. It gives us 400 ducats but +1 inflation

I order a Star Fort in Al Hasa

5 Jan, 1520 – We arrive in Cape and my fleet is being prepared. An explorer is ordered.

24 Jan – Asir converts! Sana’a is next. I move my troops to Sana’a and a Temple for Asir is ordered.

I send a diplomat to fabricate claims in Tete, a province in Kilwa – I don’t really want it that badly, but it will fulfill our mission

Old 02-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

25 Mar – Our Explorer, 2000 infantry, and Conquistador leave Cape and head out east and north

7 May – We find the Coast of Namibia

24 June – Persia ceded Astarabad to the Timurids, and thus we technically lost the war with them. It’s officially over.

26 June – The Coast of Angola is next.

14 July – I order up a Marketplace in Banten

6 Aug – The Gulf of Kongo is revealed and we have discovered the province of Luanda here – 5000 relatively peaceful natives in a tropical place

4 Sept – We find the Coast of Cameroon, the province of Loango, which is part of the Kingdom of Kongo, so we now have found that nation.

15 Sept – We win a battle against the natives in Inhambane

30 Sept – We discover the Gulf of Nigeria. I order our forces back to recuperate.

11 Oct – On the way back we find the province of Cameroon – 9000 angry natives, ,all tropical

10 Dec I know it’s a bad idea - but I’m taking Trade Ideas, and investing in the first level – Shrewd Commerce Practice. It’s the only route to get more merchants – this gives us Global Trade Power. The next is another merchant. Our trade income is roughly equal to our tax and production income. Let’s enhance that!

17 Jan, 1521 – We set sail again up Africa

6 Feb – We claim Tete, finish the mission, and gain some Monarch power. Our next mission is to improve relations with Hedjaz – I send in a Diplomat!

I also order a Constable built in Asir

27 Feb – While up the coast, we unveil two coastal provinces off the Coast of Angola – Damaraland and Benguela. Both have 4-5k natves – nasty. One Arid, the other Tropical

2 Apr – We discover Gabon, in the Coast of Cameroon. 7000 angry, tropical.

24 Apr – We arrive at the Ivory Coast

28 May – And next we sail along the Gold Coast – we find Sierra Leone, 7000, angry, tropical. Portuguese vessels are in the water.

28 June – Coast of Gambia - I order the vessels to return

On the way back home, we uncovered the province of Gold Coast. Important Center of Trade, Tropical, 8000 angry natives. We also find Ovimbundu – 9000, angry, tropical

6 October – I order a Workshop in Banten

Our cash flow has increased to 5.5 monthly – I decide to save up to build an Embassy, which will cost around 1000 ducats but give us another Diplomat.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 Jan, 1522 – We finish our mission to improve relations with Hedjaz, and gain some prestige. Our next mission is to Form an Alliance with them. It’ll give us a bunch of Diplo power when we succeed, which we need badly.

19 Feb – We set sail again

22 Feb – We are now in an alliance with Hedjaz again, and gained power. Next mission – I don’t like any of them – build up my army, repair relations with Kilwa or Save the Bedouins in Jabal Shammar. Nope.

3 Mar – I get a nasty event – Ship Building Problems. For the next 5 years, our Ship Building Time is increased by 50% across the board.

23 Apr In the Gulf of Nigeria, I order Conquistadors to land in what appear to be occupied territory to scout them out.,

4 May – We find Bonny, the capital of Hausa

10 May – Sana’a Converts. Next is Najran

15 May – We find Benin.

28 May – We discover Calabar, another Hausa province. Behind them we discover two open inland provinces – Idah and Wukari

10 June -We arrive to battle local natives in Whydah, west along the coast of Gold Cosat and east of Benin.

22 June – Sunda will have Chinaware

24 June – We win in Whydah – 500 natives, tropical, very aggressive and ferocious. We also uncovered Oyo and Ife, inland provinces that belong to the nation of Oyo.

5 July – We load up and head back to Cape

21 Aug – We get Harvest Failure in Sana’a, and for a year, it gets Harvest Fails effect with a loss to production

20 Oct – We head back out with our Explorers!

27 Jan, 1523 – We arrive in the Coast of Gambia and find Gabu, a coastal province that belongs to Mali

9 Feb – Our troops unload into Cayor, a province that is a Portuguese Colony. It’s fully theirs.

7 Mar – Inhambane will be a Slave province

18 Mar – We discover the Cast of Guinea. We already had in our maps all places north, so we have connected all the way around Africa

29 Mar – We unload and find a Portuegese colony being built in Trarza. They also have Rio de Oro and Arguin here, time to head home to Cape

13 May – We put down a native uprising in Sunda.

3 June – Two Uprisings in Inhambane and Sunda

15 June – Both down

1 Aug – I take a new investment in Ideas and a new Merchant. This also advances our Omani Ideas one and we unlock Association with Unbelievers, which gives us bonus tolerance of heathens

I send a Merchant to Collect from Malacca

20 Sept – Rebellion in Massapa

1 Oct – Rebellion defeated

9 Oct – And in Inhambane too

1 Nov – My next goal is to head out and explore the ocean nearby Cape a bit.

17 Nov – We find the Cape of Storms.

10 Dec – One of our Advisors passed. It was the +2 one in Diplomacy. I leave him gone to speed us to getting our Embassy. We have 623 ducats.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

8 Jan, 1524 – We find Bouvent Island, and I order our unit back from the open sea.

10 Mar – Our Conquistador marches up the coast and uncovers the coastal province of Greater Namaqualand. Arid, 4000 mediumly aggressive natives.

We now have the entire coast explored from Cape up to Gold Coast. Just one province is uncovered after Gold Coast to Morocco.

1 May – We find the South Benguela Current

19 May - Najran Converts! Next is Sofala

21 June – We discover the North Benguela Current and are ordered back home

10 July – We again win in Inhambane

17 Oct – My Conquistador arrives in Massapa. I want to explore the nearby area and find these Kilwa provinces inland.

9 Dec – I have found Zimbabwe, Urungwe and Zumbo inland of Massapa and adjacent to us. I order our Conquistador to return.

11 May, 1525 – We find the East Guinea Basin

27 June – And then the West Guinea Basin

(29 June I don’t know what happened, but I looked up and saw I had hundreds of thousands of manpower. Bug? It’s in some of my older saves a few years, but I can’t trace it back too much. I’ll play like I still have to care about it – this is not a bad game for that bug – I am not a warmonger like I’ve been elsewhere)

I can see Portuguese ships around the Cape of Africa

9 Dec – A transport Cog with our Explorer on it finds a southern ocean space and heads back to Cape

19 Jan, 1526 – I get a request for military access from the ottomans. I accept.

9 Feb – Massapa is now a core province

16 Feb – The next expedition is underway

I order my diplomat to create a claim on Zimbabwe, another gold province inland of Massapa

9 Mar -We put down more natives in Sunda

12 May – Our Conquistadors lands in the last unknown province on the African Coast – Ivory Coast. Natives are fighting our arrival. Inland is Worodugu and Konian. Ivory Coast has 6000 natives, tropical, and very aggressive

29 May – We win, and we discover another island province, Kumasi, which is the home of the Ashanti people.

We now have all of the coastal provinces of Africa explored.

1 Dec – In Muscat, we order the completion of an Embassy, which will take a year to finish.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:27 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

22 Mar , 1527 – More Atlantic Ocean provinces are discovered, but I’ll skip them from now on unless something important is unearthed.

19 April – Kilwa is involved in two wars. Time to strike and take Zimbabwe – I move my forces around. I also order a 3 star advisor that increases Colonial Range by a bunch – no sure if I’ll need it. Goal is to have stocked Power after the war

3 Sept – I declare war on Kilwa for Zimbabwe

21 Sept – We arrive in Zimbabwe

3 Oct – And in Majerteen

8 Dec – I run from a very large Kilwan fleet.

30 Dec – We arrive in Quelimane with a force that was intending to hit Zanzibar. I can’t get past their huge fleet though.

7 Jan, 1528 – I split off a siege unit in Majerteen and order our forces into Mogadishu, which was absorbed by Kilwa recently.

I have orderd a pair of infantry to help in Massapa and Sofala.

20 Jan -I have pulled a fleet off patrol and merged it with mine in Sofala. Will it be enough?

Let’s find out!

I create an admiral and then head out after assigned it to our fleet under the control of Umar Sakr

12 Mar – We defeat 22000 Kilwan troops in Quelimane with just 7000

20 May – Majerteen falls.

24 May – We get an accommodation with natives in Inhambane and they lose some ferocity.

10 June – Zimbabwe falls to us

11 July – We defeat natives in Sunda

1 Aug – Sunda is now self-sustaining. I order a fort and my men next door to Demak, which is adjacent to Majaphit.

27 Aug – We defeat the natives here, and order a new colony to Demak

I send a diplomat to improve relations with Majaphit

17 Sept – We defeat a huge army in Ajuuraan.

13 Oct – Harvest Failure for Qawasim

6 Jan, 1529 – We capture Urungwe

2 Mar – Mogadishu falls

24 Mar – Qualimane falls

I take my large warscore shopping

I force them to:

Give us Zimbabwe
Release Mogadishu
Give us ducats

28 Mar – Mogadishu has agreed to join Protectorate status with us.

Zimbabwe – Gold mining is the major effort by the Shona Sunnis here. Tax value of 4 is not used, because of how far away it is, but it gives us 19.6 ducats. It’s next to us in Massapa, as well as three Kilwan provinces - Bawre, Butua, and Urungwe.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take a map of us in Lower Africa

As you can see, we basically have South Africa and parts north east. Where the 3 soldiers are is Inhambane. Sofala is north of Inhambane, and then Massapa and Zimbabwe inland of that.

I combined three fleets to make the 14 ship on in Sofala’s harbor. You can see all of the forces I shipped down. My hope was to use one of these armies to take Zanzibar, but that was not the case. The majority of our forces are here.

I’ll disband a couple thousand post war to get our balance back to black – its been in red for a while.

I send my Explorer fleet back to Cape.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-11-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 April – I decline an alliance offer from Gujarat.

I had to disband another 3000 infantry to get to positive.

16 May – We enter into a Royal marriage with Mogadishu

23 July – Sofala converts – I order him next door to Massapa.

I begin the process to turn Sofala into a Bedouin culture.

7 Oct – I unload Conquistadors at St. Helena Island. No natives and just 1 tax base

2 Feb, 130 – Inhambane is now self sufficient

Inhambane – 4 tax value, slaves, next to Sofala. It makes 3.89 ducats annually. I order a fort

Sunda – 13,46 ducats are made by the 3 tax value, Chinaware province. Like Banten and Maldives, does not have the negatives for being overseas. I order a Temple here

My new theory as to why is because they are Asian provinces, as are we.

Where should be my new colonial target?

I can reach all the way up the Atlantic coast to Grain Coast, but do I really want to?

I send them to Gubbi Gubbi, in Australia – we can just make it with our improved colonial range

4 May – We improve relations with Hedjaz and finish our mission

10 Aug – We put down an uprising in Demak

12 Sept – 1000 troops arrive from Demak to Gubbi Gubbi

23 Oct – Due to Border Tensions, we gain a claim on Basra which is north of Al Hasa and owned by Qara Qoyunlu

4 Dec –We have maximized relations with Majaphit

10 Dec – They agree to give us military access, so we can move across Java.

30 Dec – Our Explorer passed

Old 02-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 Feb, 1531 – A Constable is next in the queue for Sunda

Meet our new explorer, Abu l-hasan Issa. I load him aboard in Gubbi Gubbi and we begin exploring the area around them.

5 Mar – We purchase Level 10 Military Tech – Reiter. It enables Culverin and Pedrero. Units get better maneuver.

We will replace our artillery with Pedrero

17 Mar – We find the Capricorn Bay

2 May – Three Kings Islands opens before our Explorer

1 June – Canterbury Bight is next

10 July – We invest in Dip Tech 8, Trade Depot and Drydock. We can now build Trade Depots and Drydocks. And we get a bunch of trade range

27 July – Sofala is now Bedouin!

With our religion and culture, it’s now up to 42.20 ducats.

20 Nov – We find the Solomon Sea – Once again, I’ll stick to just fun things in the Pacific

4 Feb, 1532 – I send a Diplomat to be friends with Ayutthaya. They have expanded lots and are a major threat in the area.

8 Mar – We purchase Admin Tech 11, we can now build Spy Agency and Counting House

15 Mar – We get an event, Colonial Enthusiasm, that helps our Global Settler Increase for five years.

My Conquistador landed in Gubba Gubba and is now leaving with the convoy.

6 May – We land on and discover the Solomon Islands – 2000 nasty natives tropical

22 June – We find Vanuatu, in the Coral Sea – Same as Solomon Islands

3 Aug – And now we unload our troops in New Caledonia – 100 natives, tropical

28 Sept – We have an Exceptional Year. I choose to take the ducats now. We order a Marketplace in Sunda, and Trade Depot in Muscat and Banten

19 Oct – Demak will be a Spices province

13 Nov – Gubbi Gubbi will just be Fish though

Old 02-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 Jan, 1533 – We arrive in the Cook Strait and immediately find Aorangi and Taranaki.

23 Jan – We defeat native after landing in Timaru.

16 Feb – This time we unload in Whangarei, unveil adjacent Wairoa in so doing, and begin a battle with a bunch of natives.

9 Mar- We win.

1 June – Our Military Advisor passes. I hire a level 1 Quarter master to supplement him

5 Sept – Zimbabwe is now a core province.

10 Nov – We finish exploring the seas around New Zealand, and have found all of the land.

20 Feb, 1534 – We find Fiji. 500 natives nice, tropical

10 April – We find Tonga – 100 natives, nice, tropical

21 April – We land in Samoa and fight some natives here

1 May – We win the battle. Samoa is 4000 folks strong, and angry (and tropical)

26 Sept – Massapa converts!

I want to convert Zimbabwe but it will take 166 months – a very long time. Let’s do it anyway

We push Massapa towards the Bedouin way of life!

5 Oct – Max relations with Ayutthaya

2 Dec – We find Nauru Island, 100 nice natives, tropical

14 Dec – Our forces land in Tuvalu. Same as Nauru

11 Feb, 1535 – We find the Gilbert Islands after exploring wit our Conquistador. Same as the others

24 April – We pass the Anti-Piracy Act. For the rest of the game, we get better relations over time with folks

I order Trade Depot in Sunda and Counting House in Banten

I don’t know when, but we passed France and are now the #1 nation in the world

1 Sept – Gubbi Gubbi is now a full fledged province! I’ll order a fort later when I get enough money after my recent spending spree

Gubbi Gubbi – 3.55 ducats are made here in the fish trade, with a tax value of 4. Inland 9s Barunggan, south along the coast is Bundjalung

I move our troops to Bundjalung, and send colonists there.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 Sept – We land in Micronesia – 100 natives, nice, tropical

9 Oct – We put down an uprising in Demak

5 June, 1536 – We land in the Marshall Islands, same as the others around here like Micronesia

20 Sept – Massapa is now Bedouin as well. It now gives us 42.20 ducats as well

18 jan, 1537 – We put down another uprising in Demak

28 mar – We find Wake Island. Same as others here

5 June – We get a Native Assimilation in Bundjalung, and gain 100 population there.

23 June – Workshop for Sunda ordered, I’ll skip the fort for Gubbi Gubbi for now

15 July – Bundjalung will be used to grow local grains

11 Nov – We get another Native Assimilation event in Bundjalung

3 Feb, 1538 – Demak is now self-sustaining!

Demak – 10.29 ducats made here from spice trade. Next to Sunda, unoccupied Priangan, and two Majaphit districts – Surabaya and Mataram. Fort ordered here

I order my men to Priangan. We’ll make it the next colony. Java is a wealthy area for us, although Priangan has just 2 taxvalue.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 March – We land at Midway Island Group. No natives. Just tropical.

15 Apr – We get a Gift to the State. I purchase a fort in Gubbi Gubbi

8 June – I get a Comet Sighted event and our stability decreases by one. I spend some power to rebuild it

1 July – I give us Viceroys as the next level on our Exploration Idea slider. It gives us +20% global tariffs

16 Sept – We are making a lot of money with that improvement. I use it to hire a new level 2 guy in Government advising – a Philosopher who gives us prestige.

2 Jan, 1539 – I order a diplomat to gain a claim for Butua, another gold province next to Zimbabwe

3 July – We find Kiribati Islands. 500 natives, tropical, nicer ones though

12 Oct – Harvest Fails for Dhofar

10 Nov – I order a Temple for Demak

10 Feb, 1540 – We put down an Uprising in Priangan

1 April – Bandjalung is now self sufficient.

Bandjalung – 3.28 ducats here from farming. South of Gubbi Gubbi, north of Eora. Also next to inland province Kamilaroi. I order a fort.

Next target?

We can go anywhere really. All the way into Kirabati or Samoa. Up Africa to Grain Coast. Any open place in the Indies, Philippines, New Zealand, Australia, Taiwan, anywhere. Where is the best place economically and strategically?

Ternate. Back of the Spice Islands, taxvalue of 2 instead of all of these 1 options, just 500 nice natives. Still tropical unfortunately, but there’s nothing we can do about that.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

29 May – We land in the Society Islands – 100, tropical, nice

6 Nov – I barely got my fleet back after overextending searching the Pacific. Wow.

I order a Dock in Gubbi Gubbi instead of what I was saving it for on Java.

5 Dec – I get ready for war with Kilwa

I take the mission to have a bigger army than the Mamluks and then begin to build some forces here and there.

9 March, 1541 – We defeat the natives in Priangan

Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 March – We are ready. I have 4000 troops in Mogadishu ready to move out, 11000 in Adal, and a bunch in the south. Here we go.

22 Apr – I have sieges in Majerteen, Lamu, and Butua. I am moving a large force north along the African shore – goal Zanzibar. 14000 troops are in my way in Kilwa’s capital.

4 May – Kilwa is retreating from my 9000 troops moving up the coast.

7 May – Priangan will be a cloth-making province.

9 May – We captured their force sin Kilwa before they could fulyl retreat and battle is on

4 June – We win the battle of Kilwa. I leave behind a siege unit and move on.

7 June – Our Conquistador has passed

21 July – An army arrives in Zanzibar

15 Aug – We complete our mission. I select achieve religious unity

24 Nov – Majerteen falls

28 Jan , 1542 – After running down the coast, our cavalry catch their forces in Mozambique and beat them again

5 Feb – Butua falls

24 Feb – Zanzibar is ours

15 April – Tete falls too

20 Apr – As does Lamu

5 May – Ajuuraan falls too

21 May – We hit the army again with our cavalry

28 June – After a quick assault, their capital is ours too

We now have a large warscore, 49%. I look to see if its enough do to the three things I want

It is

We force:

Cede Zanzibar to us
Cede Butua as well
Revoke their cores on Massapa, Sofala, Zimbabwe
Release Ajuuraan as a state

The two provinces of Ajuuraan are now free

Zanzibar – Taxvalue 1, Swahili Sunnis work the slave market here. Zanzibar is an Important Center of Trade, tropical, and is an island in the Zanzibar Strait, and it can walk to Bagamoyo. We begin the process of making it a core making just 0.36 ducats

Butua – Our fourth gold mine province in this area, the Shona Sunnis make 23.2 ducats for us. We are working on a core. It is next to Zimbabwe and the Kilwan province of Barwe.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-12-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Aug – I join a random war Persia started

8 Sept – Ajuuraan is now a Protectorate of us

I disband a few armies here and there.

7 Jan, 1543 – I order a Dock in Sunda and another in Demak

1 Mar – We spend 400 Dip power for another colonist from Exploration Ideas.

Our next colony will be Roggeveld, inland and in Southern Africa

1 Apr – Meet our new Conquistador – Sayf Issa

20 Sept – Rebellion in Zimbabwe

11 Oct – Defeated

14 July, 1544 – I have removed Qara Q as a rival since they did the same with us

I send a diplomat to improve relations with them

5 Sept – We get another Gold Rush event

I upgrade our level 2 advisor to a level 3 Inquisitor in the Government/Admin section. We’ll lose money, but we have it to spare

11 Nov, 1544 – By Allah’s Mercy and Wisdom, we have reached the 100 Year anniversary of my great, great, great grandfather’s dream. Where are we now? What has happened exactly how has Allah blessed us so?

Let’s take a look and see and witness the Beneficence of Allah

Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oman 100 Years Later –

We have not expanded much in Arabia in the last 50 years. Only Bahrain has joined us. We absorbed the three Yemeni provinces diplomatically, not militarily.

We have three Protectorates – Ajuuraan, Mogadishu, and Adal.

Our allies are Persia. Hedjaz allied with Kilwa, and then when we declared war on Kilwa, denied both and so we currently just have Persia as an ally.

We have only taken five provinces from Kilwa – Zanzibar, Sofala, Massapa, Zimbabwe and Butua. That is our only military expansion.

Most of our expansion has been colonially.

We have the top rank militarily, administratively, and 24th diplomatically. We are first in the world.

Top Ten –

Oman
Ottomans
France
Ming
Austria
Russia
Portugal
Poland
Savoy
Burgundy

Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The highest admin tech is 12, and just Pisa has it. At 11, we are basically at the top. The top military tech is 12. But we are back at 10. We have 8 for Diplo when the top is 12.

The number of provinces that follow Shi’a is now 70. Sunni nations have dropped to 35.

At 31,000, we have a small army still. We have the 11th biggest army

We have the 5th biggest navy at 42. We can have 52 easily, so we should invest in a few more boats.

We have the second highest income in the world after Ming

Right now, the most valuable trade goods in the world are:

Chinaware
Tea
Coffee
Spices
Cocoa
Sugar
Fur
Ivory
Wine
Copper
Cloth
Tobacco
Salt
Slaves
Naval Supplies
Wool
Grain
Fish
Iron
Cotton
Gold

As you can see, our large number of Spice markets really helps the value of our nation.

We are the production leader of Coffee and Spices. We make 23.6% of all Spices in the world. 41.8% of Coffee.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Map of the world!

You can see the extent of many of our exploration. Note the size of the Timurids and Qara Q from when they first started. I used the yellow stars again. They have Ternate (in the upper right) Australia, Java, Mahe and more.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-12-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Instead of our normal tour of the provinces, (which can take a loooong time to write up) let’s look at the finances of each –

Arabia:

Muscat – 23.54
Suhar – 9.17
Qawasim – 6.94
Nizwa – 11.87
Dhofar – 11.87
Beni Yas - 5.51
Liwa – 10.4
Qatar – 6.94
Bahrain – 4.11
Al Hasa – 5.5.1
Mahra 5.46
Hadhramaut – 6.94
Aden – 13.84
Mocha – 16.41
Sana’a – 10.47
Najran – 9.0
Asir – 14.9

Indian Ocean:

Socotra – 1.92

Mahe – 1.98
Diego Garcia – 1.26
Bourboun – 5.29
Mauritius - 4.71
Cocos – 1.27
Maldives – 14.17

Indies

Banten - 26.21
Sunda – 18.43
Demak – 17.45

Australia:

Gubbi Gubbi – 3.36
Bundjalung – 3.37

Africa:

Little Karoo -4.02
Cape – 5.77
Great Karoo – 3.79

Inhambane 3.7

Sofala – 42.10
Massapa – 42.10
Zimbabwe – 25.60
Butua – 23.92
Zanzibar – 0.39

Colonies – Ternate, Roggeveld, Priangan

Old 02-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, let’s explore the Ninefold Plan once more

1) We need an alliance with a major power.

We become our own major power. We could slam the Mamluks in a moment if we wanted. I would like to consider a long term connection to Ottomans.

2) We want to become the premier trading nation in the Indian Ocean. There are many great nations along the area, but we want to be the dominant one.

Done. We have sprawling trading network and have worked hard. Our income shows a lot of success.

3) We have to control a proper navy in order to meet our goals.

We could use some more improvement, despite being #5 on the list.

4) We would like to colonize the Indian Ocean.

We are far along this goal. We have colonies in almost every island in the Ocean proper (minus Christmas, Madagascar, arguably the Andamans). We have many holdings in Africa, the Indies, and even Australia
5) We need to fend off the overly hostile Yemen. They are blatantly seeking our elimination. Probably because they are Sunni.

Yemen is gone

6) Similarly, the adjacent Najd is also very aggressively looking towards us. Both neighbors are Sunni, and it gets a little too hot here.

As is Najd

7) We eventually want to see Mecca in Shi’ite hands.

We have not begun this yet

8) In light of these things, it seems necessary to build our nation militarily, as well as diplomatically.

We have done so quite well.

9) Nearby one province nation Haasa is Shi-ite as well, and could be a good early ally.

Haasa is gone

So it seems that many goals are completed, or almost so. Therefore, I am adding a tenth goal.

We have met the Portuguese. They are much more advanced than us. They came across Africa looking to dominate the Indian Ocean for trade.

10). Westernize our Technology
11). Expand further abroad. Do to Portugal what they planned for us. Expand into the Pacific and Atlantic and move into stronger places against Europe.

And now back to the Will of Allah

Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #90
Grover
Pro Starter

Good lord. Did Poland completely engulf Lithuania?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Good lord. Did Poland completely engulf Lithuania?

I think so, yeah

Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I send a Diplomat to increase relations with the Ottomans but see that they have chosen us as a rival. Uh oh.

16 May, 1545 – We are now at peace since Persia’s war is over

22 June, 1545 – We put down a rebellion in Zanzibar

31 July – Ternate will be a Spices province

I order my explorer fleet and Conquistador to Ternate ot use it as a base for more Pacific exploring

I’m working on getting our relations up again with Hedjaz

5 Dec – Roggeveld will now be a Slave province

17 Dec – Hedjaz accepts our offer of an alliance

10 March, 1546 – Zimbabwe has converted.

17 Mar – Our first convoy from Ternate is leaving.

9 May – We find Guam. 500 angry natives, tropical

3 June – Priangan is now self-sustaining!

Priangan – 4.69 ducats are made in the textile trade here. It’s next to Mataram, Banten, Sunda and Demak. Just has a taxvalue of 2. I order a fort here

8 July – Our troops from Priangan have loaded a trio of Cogs I keep here to move them around. Now I need to figure out the next location.

Hmm…

Flores – tax value 4, 1010 moderate natives.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

6 Sept – Our great Diplo advisor has passed. We’re now making a ton of money. I decide ot give us a few months with the huge positive cash flow

9 Jan, 1547 – Butua is now a core province. I order a Missionary here.

1 April – We purchase Fire Arts Academy, Admin Tech 12. We can build a Fine Arts Academy

5 Apr – Relations with Ottomans maxed at +25. Our guy returns.

5 July – Zanzibar is now a core.

14 Nov – I send a diplomat to improve relations with Portugal

21Jan, 1548 – I send a Diplomat to improve relations with Persia

1 July – We invest is military tech 11 – Matchlock Musket

It enables like four units. We can build Barracks, Weapons manufactory, and we get three bonuses to units.

Our new Cavalry are Qizilbash Cavalry

Muslim Musketeer replaces our Shamshir Infantry

Large Cast Iron Cannon is our new type

Three major upgrades!

21 August - After saving up, I order the unique building March in Al Hasa. It will give me +500 manpower and +200 defense there.

1 Oct – Roggeveld is now Self Sustaining.

Roggeveld – 2.76 ducats are made in the slave trade in this inland South African province. Next to Greater Karoo, Lesser Namaqualand and Cape, I order a fort here forthwith.

Portugal took the coastal Malinese province. Unfortunately, I can’t get to Sierra Leone, next to it. I don’t want to send up a bunch of army far away from the rest of my people, just ot get a place to use to build off of. So I send my army to uninhabited St Helena.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Allah is great! He always provides a way.

6 October – I put down an uprising of natives in Flores

17 Feb – 1549 – I finish off the Exploration Ideas track. We get a huge bonus to Naval Force Limits. For finishing that track, I can now get a permanent Casus Belli against any pagans. Additionally, I unlocked the next Omani Idea. Port Security Improvements, which increase our national trade by ten percent.

I use my recently gotten money to purchase two large ships and a Temple in Priangan (From our dead advisor)

Our space cash has increased and we are now getting a ton more money each month. About 15 ducats monthly. I’m using that to fund some serious building projects here in a bit.

5 Sept – We land in Hawaii. We’re fighting some seriously upset natives. 5000 angry tropical tax value 3 natives,

9 Sept – Butua is now embraced the way of Shi’a! We move our Missionary to Zanzibar!

20 Sept – We win in Hawaii

28 Oct – Hedjaz randomly breaks our alliances.

That’s it. I’m tired of them breaking alliances, rebuilding stuff, and so forth. I’m done.

I want to send a diplomat to fabricate claims on Mecca. But we can’t since its their capital. So I use Najd instead.

My goal is to take Hedjaz out, and then Vassalize them.

26 December – A new settlement in Flores has a better tax base and it increases by 1 there

27 Jan, 1550 – After apparently removing us as a rival, the Ottomans accept our Royal Marriage proposal

1 Sept – I am moving my Explorer/Conquistadors from Ternate to St Helena

25 Nov – I cancel military access from Hedjaz

26 Dec – I declare war for Najd. We lose a stability because we have a Royal Marriage - I boost it back up

They have 12000 units in Najd proper. I order 14000 from Asir, 9000 from Al Hasa and 1k I just built from Najra into Najd.

War has begun

29 Dec – Kilwa has joined her ally. I move my armies in the south into position

13 Jan, 1551 – Zimbabwe is now Bedouin

9 Feb – We Win in Najd

I order most of my troops to Mecca

10 Mar – After defeating a small force I leave behind a siege unit in Mecca and move to Medina

17 Apr – I catch Kilwa in Tete for a large battle – 9000 on 15000

5 May – We win in Tete

27 May – We defeat Hedjaz in Tabouk

5 July – We defeat the fleeing Hedjaz forces in Negev

2 Au g- We catch some more Kilwan forces in Qualimane and set up a siege there too

29 Aug – St. Helena will be a fishing colony

2 Sept – We win in Tabouk – Their army is destroyed

13 Sept – Flores is found to be another great producer of Spices

18 Sept – Zanzibar is converted! We complete our mission – our next is to get a claim on Bagamoyo, the only land based province in Africa next to Zanzibar.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-13-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

30 Oct – Mecca falls

3 Nov – Ternate is now self-sufficient. I order a fort here

2 Jan, 1552 – Najd falls

22 Jan – An army arrives in Negev and begins a siege

25 Jan – Tete is our too

16 March – Quelimane is taken. Perfect!

Kilwa is so upset at the war that they will happily take a white peace on the side.

Now its just 1:1

18 May – Our Explorer dies.

9 Aug – Tabouk is ours

10 Sept – Medina falls

13 Sept – Butua is now Bedouin!

21 Sept – Zanzibar is now Bedouin too! But our agent was discovered in Bagamoyo.

5 Oct – We put down some uppity natives in Flores

1 Feb, 1553 – Negev falls. I now have every Hedjaz province

Hmmm.. Apparently, the peace cost is too great. I can’t vassalize 5 provinces.

I’ll take Najd, Medina, and then force them to send me 50% of their trade for 5 years. And 42 ducats. And I force them to give Negev back to Mamluks. It doesn’t make my reputationany worse to give lands back to others like that. I certainly wouldn’t want it later.

That leaves Hedjaz just Tabouk and Mecca

Najd – Bedouin and Sunni, coffee trade is strong here, 6.61 ducats from the 2 tax value Arid land. We order it turned into a core. Next to Mecca, Medina, Jabal Shammar, Al Hasa, Najran and Asir.

Medina – 7.54 ducats from the spice trade here. 4 tax value, Bedouin and Sunni, Arid landscape, core ordered here too. Next to Mecca, Naja, Jabal Shammar and Tabouk

I disband quite a few soldiers – about 12000

Old 02-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I send a Diplomat to improve relations with Mamluks

22 May – We have a claim on Bagamoyo and finish that mission

Next is Turn Flores into a City which will give it +1 taxvalue when it works

1 June – I order a Temple in Ternate

1 Jan, 1554 – With a pocket of cash, I finally hire the replacement for our old Diplo advisor, but this time just level 2 – Spymaster

22 March – I purchase Merchant Adventures from the Trade Line of Ideas.

5 Apr – I Press a Claim and gain acclaim on Barwe, a province of Kilwa’s

1 July – The Mamluks have accepted our alliance offer. Apparently Negev was the door in.

1 Aug – Rebellion in Medina

12 Aug – Put down

21 Aug – Mamluks accepts our Royal Marriage proposal

7 Oct _ New Land Claimed in Cape results in extra tax value there

28 Oct – Mamluks broke their alliance with us. Again, this is just weird behavior. Hedjaz did this his hot and cold stuff too – Ottomans too

1 Nov – St. Helena is now fully self sustaining.

St. Helena – I order a fort here. 0.57 ducats are made by the poor Bedouin Shi’ite fisherman. But it opens up Sierra Leone. I order colonists there

Due to the large amount of natives, I load up some soldiers to send them over

11 Feb, 1555 – I order Colonists to Sumbawa

7 July – We arrive in Sierra Leone and fight off natives and prepare for colonists.

15 Sept – Najd is now a core! Our Missionary heads over to convert to populace to the one true path

4 Nov – We establish the colony in Sierra Leone and again I send a Diplomat to Portugal to amp up our relations

Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 Dec – Medina is now a core province too

22 Jan, 1556 – Our Explorer and Conquistador move in from St Helena to Sierra Leone.

7 Mar – Portugal was maxed already. I send the Diploma to Persia to do the same thing

12 Apr – We put down an uprising in Sierra Leone

22 May – We find the Coast of Brazil

19 July – We hold a large Ramadan fast

13 Sept – Native Assimilation event in Flores gains us 100 population.

So here’s how I’m doing exploring. I have two small fleet sin Sierra Leone. So I send one out to explore, and when it gets bad, it returns, and I hope the Explorer to the other fleet, newly ready, and send it out. Rinse and repeat, faster exploration for everyone.

23 Oct – I see a Castilian fleet down by Cape.

15 Nov – We discover the Coast of Recife, and both Portuguese and Castilian Brazil .

16 Dec – I continue down the coast and see heavy colonization by Castile here.

24 Feb, 1557 – Najd has converted to Shi’ite! On to Medina – Najd is up to 11.16 ducats now that they are a core and share our faith

1 April – Flores is now an official colony! I order a fort here

Flores – 17.26 ducats are made in the spice trade here. With a tax value of 6 (raised after completion of our mission), it’s a valuable little island of love. The chain is just east of out new colony in Sumbawa, which is just east of Bali and Java. Timor and Sumba are very close and just to the south.

Sumba is my next target here in the Indies. I order a colonist and will move men over from Flores.

Constable is ordered in Ternate

Our next mission is to have a Star Fort in Demak

I blow through my reservoir to order it right now

Old 02-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Jan, 1558 – I find places like Suriname, Tucujulandia, Essequibo open far up the coast past Brazil

10 Feb – We find Martinique in the Windward Islands open. It looks like Portugal and Castile are here.

2 Apr – I order a claim fabricated on Mecca

23 July – Our fort is built, and the next mission is turn Sumbawa into a city

29 July – it looks like Spain and Portugal have all of the islands in the Lesser Antilles.

30 July – Ayutthaya is blockading us and looks to have made us a rival.

8 Oct – Portugal is also in Puerto Rico

13 Nov – I send a Diplomat to Ming to increase relations. Ming and Ayutthaya are rivals.

30 Nov – Medina has converted!

They now give us 14.02 ducats.

15 Dec – Our agent is discovered again

2 Jan, 1559 – We’ll try this again. I accept an alliance offer from Mamluks

I keep finding provinces back in the back of South America open. I’ll skip them for now. They are not an ideal target.

13 Feb, 1560 -I headed down along the southerly Brazilian coast this time and found a consistent and large area that is under Castilian control.

11 March – I chose extra colonists from a Rush of Colonists event. Bonus colony growth for the next 5 years!

12 April – Sierra Leone will be a grain province

26 April – Sumbawa is Spices.

3 Jun – We are finding open places, like St. Thomas and Trinidad. Castile in Turks Islands.

15 Jun – We put down an uprising in Sierra Leone

19 Jun – The rear end of Cuba, at least, is unclaimed

4 July – We maxed relations with Majaphit

We invest in Admin Tech 13 Improved Drainage. We can build plantations and get +10 production

I’ve been saving money for the Westernization process, but I decide to build some stuff now, just in case it’s not needed like I suspect it’ll be. I can save up later.

Constable in Flores
Workshop in Ternate
Constable in Demak

Old 02-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Sept -An advisor in military tech passed. I buy a level one Grand Captain to replace him

12 Jan, 1561 – We defeat an uprising again in Sierra Leone

6 Mar – I get an event – Colonial Ventures. With the discovery of a New World, we are entering our greatest era of prosperity. We choose Naval Improvements. Diplo tech cost is reduced but ship building costs are up. It’s great, cause we’re near leveling up there, and we can use it – plus saving the extra power’ll help us post-Westernization

18 May – Did you know?

We get more money monthly from trade than the other three major sources? (Roughly 30% is from trade. About 25% is from Production. Taxes and Gold almost divide the rest evenly)

Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In case you are not really in to the Indies and knowing where things are, I took a quick snapshot for ya!

Again, I starred Ternate, which is way out there, and Cocos is in the far bottom left corner. You can see the island of Java, and we have 4 provinces on the west side. You can also see Flores, Sumba and Sumbawa just east of Majaphit’s territory. All of the green to the west is just a small part of Ayutthaya’s territory. You can also see a quick map in the lower right hand corner to see briefly our explorations of the world. We are also building our military and diplo resources and hopefully will get in another advance before we Westernize.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-13-2014 at 12:53 PM.