Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #1651
PilotMan
Head Coach

Man, Warren is like a freaking cat with nine lives. He has been caught so many times and escaped every single one. Askren too. They are both so similar in terms of their career development. My eye's almost popped at watching Warren squirm in that nasty armbar.

Pitbull v. Warren could be tough for Joe. He is so strong but Pitbull is clearly the best submission artist that he will face so far, and more well rounded then anyone else too.

As for Askren. Hornbuckle has a lot of experience, and his two fights were over fast as he proved that he can fight from his back.

The thing about both of them though is that they leave no space for the other guy to work, and they are both so sickeningly strong, making it tough to get submissions against them.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #1652
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Man, Warren is like a freaking cat with nine lives. He has been caught so many times and escaped every single one. Askren too. They are both so similar in terms of their career development. My eye's almost popped at watching Warren squirm in that nasty armbar.

Pitbull v. Warren could be tough for Joe. He is so strong but Pitbull is clearly the best submission artist that he will face so far, and more well rounded then anyone else too.

As for Askren. Hornbuckle has a lot of experience, and his two fights were over fast as he proved that he can fight from his back.

The thing about both of them though is that they leave no space for the other guy to work, and they are both so sickeningly strong, making it tough to get submissions against them.

Agreed totally. Warren needs to improve his overall game but like you said he is strong as hell. I am not sure I see him winning this fight, but he is still young and has time to develop. Just is way too one dimensional at times.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #1653
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Bought my first MMA PPV. We'll see what happens tonight.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #1654
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Brillz is having the fight of his life so far.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #1655
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Not sure I agree with the scoring there. Nog gets the split win. Each guy won a round (Brillz 2nd, Nog 3rd) but I thought Brillz had the 1st.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #1656
Recoil
High School Varsity

What a god awful decision.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #1657
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Not watching it, but the ESPN guy said the 2nd round might be the debated one, however, they said it was a very bad decision anyway.

Last edited by Matthean : 05-29-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #1658
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Not watching it, but the ESPN guy said the 2nd round might be the debated one, however, they said it was a very bad decision anyway.

I hope they didn't say that. Brillz almost choked Nog out in the 2nd. Totally controlled the round. The first was a little more open to interpretation and even that is just being nice to Nog.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #1659
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JakeRossen:
It must've been the second round in debate. I try to give judges the benefit of the doubt: strikes TV viewers might find inconsequential could have a bigger impact cageside, but...that was bad. A bad decision. A very bad decision.

Technically he is a Sherdog guy doing the play-by-play for ESPN, but that's the quote.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #1660
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JakeRossen:
End of round. All Duffee. Which means the judges have it Russow, 10-9.

Heh.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #1661
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ha. Joe Rogan is so awesome. "It's always interesting when hype meets reality" as the camera is focused squarely on Duffee.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #1662
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wow. Russow just knocked Duffee the fuck out!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #1663
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Rogan said that is the greatest come from behind KO he has ever seen in UFC. Russow was not doing shit before that either.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #1664
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Duffee tried to pace himself in the 2nd and paid for it. Sometimes you just got to put the nail in the coffin and don't worry about saving it.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #1665
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Rogan said that is the greatest come from behind KO he has ever seen in UFC. Russow was not doing shit before that either.

That was sick for sure, Russow has a chin he got tagged with some shots before he landed his hail mary.

I am impressed with Hathaway, he is a big welter and at only 22 already looks very polished. A win over Diego Sanchez is a nice feather in the cap.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-29-2010 at 11:20 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #1666
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
That was sick for sure, Russow has a chin he got tagged with some shots before he landed his hail mary.

I am impressed with Hathaway, he is a big welter and at only 22 already looks very polished. A win over Diego Sanchez is a nice feather in the cap.

Yep, he was constantly pressing Sanchez and Diego couldn't do anything to stop him.

Every main fight up until the main has gone at least three. I've enjoyed the show so far. On paper it is a one match show as far as pushing PPV's but the action has been consistently solid.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #1667
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What an unimpressive main event. Rampage had Rashad rocked and when they got back up literally stood there for a minute letting Rashad collect himself. Rashad looked good with his wrestling but I don't see how he has any chance vs Shogun the way Shoguns been looking.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #1668
JS19
College Prospect

Not sure if anyone is watching this years Ultimate Fighter, but I'm a not entirely understanding what happened in tonight's episode. Why exactly did Dana White make Tito leave? I understand he needs to see the doctor and all, but why not let him finish the season? The only conclusion I can come to is that he was pissed Tito perhaps didn't tell him he was hurt beforehand, so he decided to give him the boot.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #1669
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Not sure if anyone is watching this years Ultimate Fighter, but I'm a not entirely understanding what happened in tonight's episode. Why exactly did Dana White make Tito leave? I understand he needs to see the doctor and all, but why not let him finish the season? The only conclusion I can come to is that he was pissed Tito perhaps didn't tell him he was hurt beforehand, so he decided to give him the boot.

I think that is it. He seemed pissed that Tito ducked out of the fight, and it can't help that this is now the second season in a row where the coaches won't have fought, at least right away.

It did seem odd with what, six days left I believe one of the fighters said, to kick him out but I guess it allows that last two hour episode to plug the new fight.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #1670
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ouch!

Like Steam?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #1671
TLK
Pro Starter

Nice win for Richie. Such a class act, happy to see him win.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #1672
PilotMan
Head Coach

What? No, Franklin is the devil for landing 2 punches after Chuck was clearly out?

Like Steam?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #1673
korme
Go Reds

UFC needs to sign Fedor.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #1674
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Fedor needs to grow a pair and realize how terrible M1 is.

FIFY

And it won't happen. He'll kill Werdum, and hopefully fight Ubereem. I sense though that might be his last MMA hurrah.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #1675
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
What? No, Franklin is the devil for landing 2 punches after Chuck was clearly out?

Pretty sure what made Hendo the Devil was his attitude afterwards (If that is what you were referencing)
Old 06-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #1676
PilotMan
Head Coach

Double standard. The point is, it happens all the time, and the Hendo situation was blown way out of proportion. It was just that everyone liked seeing Bisping get that extra shot, out or not.

Like Steam?

Old 06-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #1677
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Double standard. The point is, it happens all the time, and the Hendo situation was blown way out of proportion. It was just that everyone liked seeing Bisping get that extra shot, out or not.

I think the biggest thing that fed into that outrage is that a ton of people with very little MMA viewing experience watched that fight. Check out these numbers:

UFC Pay-Per View Buys for 2009 - Watch Kalib Run

UFC 100 had like 1.6 million buyers, 3-4 times more than the usual buy rate, and 50% more than the nearest comparable event (UFC 66 with 1.05 million). A lot of those folks were likely the most casual of fans, and got swept up in the pre-hype and the trash talking afterwards.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #1678
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

No double standard with people that understand the sport, it is reaction. I don't like to see anyone taking shots when they are out cold regardless of how they act before a fight. I dislike a few fighters but would never wish that on them since they are at greater risk for serious injury. Again it is part of the sport and the fighters accept those risks, just don't get the mentality of people being "happy" it happened to Bisping.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #1679
Flasch186
Coordinator

Hendo acted and delivered a totally different envelope than Franklin did IMO. From pre-fight, punches thrown and after.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #1680
PilotMan
Head Coach

He did, but the in-fight actions were similar. Simply put the fight goes until it's stopped. Speaking of that, the Cro-Cop/Barry fight was wierd. Barry was very dangerous in the first round, but just didn't have the heart to force the issue. I guess he just let it go. He has heavy hands, but unless he gets some kind of ground game, he will never be a contender in the UFC.

Like Steam?

Old 06-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #1681
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
He did, but the in-fight actions were similar. Simply put the fight goes until it's stopped. Speaking of that, the Cro-Cop/Barry fight was wierd. Barry was very dangerous in the first round, but just didn't have the heart to force the issue. I guess he just let it go. He has heavy hands, but unless he gets some kind of ground game, he will never be a contender in the UFC.

To be fair he broke his hand and his foot in the first round! But I agree about the ground game - you don't often see a choke without any body control whatsoever.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #1682
AlexB
Pro Starter

22 hour dola...

Video of Rich Franklin's glove coming off, after the adrenalin has worn off... Ouch.

MiddleEasy.com | Watch Rich Franklin scream in pain as he gets his glove removed
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #1683
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wandy is out of 116, but have no fear, as fresh off a 12 day layoff, Chris Leben will face Sexyama. Good thing Brocks headlining.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #1684
PilotMan
Head Coach

Frank Shamrock officially retires, but I have to think, that he isn't getting the praise he really deserves by being associated with Strikeforce. He is still annoying as shit.

That female ref for the Cyborg fight was just plain terrible. I was genuinely fearful for the challenger's safety.

Fedor coming up after Smith/Le.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 06-26-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #1685
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Fedor time
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #1686
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Really? The lady is reffing this? Fedor might kill Werdum.

Or is she just giving instructions at cageside?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-26-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #1687
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WOW.

WOW.

Fedor just got CAUGHT. Bad move by him to take it down onto the mat.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-26-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #1688
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well at least I can still get some good sleep.

It certainly opens up a lot of questions.

Like Steam?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #1689
BYU 14
Coordinator

Holy shit! Amazing sub by Werdum. I can't remember seeing Fedor so reckless against a BJJ guy before, he put himself in a bad position.

Also Cris Cyborg is one bad momma..
Old 06-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #1690
PilotMan
Head Coach

He just looked really sloppy. Which surprises me for a guy who supposedly had the plan to stop it. It's not like BJJ is a new fighting style.

Like Steam?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #1691
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
He just looked really sloppy. Which surprises me for a guy who supposedly had the plan to stop it. It's not like BJJ is a new fighting style.

Agreed, can't imagine why he would dive into Werdums guard like that and not try and work to side control.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #1692
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

that sound you hear... is dana white laughing his ass off
Old 06-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #1693
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Agreed, can't imagine why he would dive into Werdums guard like that and not try and work to side control.

Yeah...I was like "WTF" when he went to the ground with Werdum. It made no sense to me.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #1694
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dana's tweet is a smiley face. Love it.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #1695
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Dana's tweet is a smiley face. Love it.

Dana's an obnoxious asshole. And I don't base that on this - I base that on his entire public persona that he's cultivated.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #1696
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Dana's an obnoxious asshole. And I don't base that on this - I base that on his entire public persona that he's cultivated.

I have no qualms with how Dana does things. He couldn't have been more to get Fedor in UFC and he said what everyone else felt about M1 running Fedor's career.

He's an ass but without him MAM would still be in the dark ages.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #1697
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I love Dana White - no homo.

I'm glad Fedor lost, I been hoping and waiting for this a while now.

I never really thought he was pfp best fighter in the world. hes a top 10 guy no doubt but knowing Fedor, he lost now he will be hungry as shit, hopefully destroy Werdum in the rematch and then sign with the UFC.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #1699
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
And you're a whiny piss ant. I don't base that on this - I base it on every post of yours I've ever read.

I'm assuming you're kidding. If not I'll have some choice fucking words for you.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #1700
Flasch186
Coordinator

two men entah!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote