Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should a rule be put in place to fix a MLC contract offer problem?
YES 9 90.00%
NO 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Opinion Poll: Do you feel some restriction should be put in place for MLCs? (Reposted

Obviously overloading a league with a bunch of rules and restrictions and procedures causes a league to bog down and in some sense become less fun. On the other hand, often there are deficiencies in the game's programming which creates either an unfair situation or an environment that is far worse.

We know that many people have gotten annoyed over time because of some player accepting a minor league contract offer over an actual Major league offer (sometimes even offers of $10mil+ a season). The question is, does this create a big enough of a flaw in the game that something HAS to be done about it?

Two options for votes:

Yes - Something really has to be done about this. It is unfair, unrealistic and/or just ruins the free agent market

No - It may or may not get annoying at times, but really isn't something big enough that warrants more rules or restrictions to be put in place.

(Sorry, had to repost the poll. Had incorrect polling options on the previous one)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I vote yes.
Something as simple as Alan previously stated not allowing MLCs on the first night of free agent bidding. It will be fairly simple to police as we can see the offenders on the transactions posted in the forums.
There is nothing saying a player wont accept a $190k bid over a multi-million dollar bid, but I would bet there is a program issue where offering a player EXACTLY what he is looking for increases your chances of landing him. Elimanate the chance to offer exactly what he wants, and we may reduce this agrivating issue.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

I vote yes. Its frustrating to deal with as an owner and easy to police for the commish.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Too many damn rules in this league. Let's roll back the legislation and increase the fun. I voted Yes, but I meant No. I messed up, because I was voting YES for more fun. Not YES to more legislation. But it doesn't seem it'll matter.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-11-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
kaosfere
College Prospect

FWIW, I agree with DC 100%. I'll publicly voice a firm no on this. I see minimal benefit from adding yet another rule to fix yet another edge case, when it really, at most, affects a couple players a year.

This is a year-a-week league, people. Is it really *that* big a deal if you miss out on one fluke case every now and then?
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote