Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #51
Tasan
College Starter

And of course, I'm just one voice. If others are really for this, then well have at it.

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #52
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Exports from Columbus, Colorado, Hartford, Napa Valley and Toronto.

It says that Valdosta is using the wrong version.

Do you mean No exports from the above teams? Just want to be sure, as I sent in an export yesterday.

Also, just tried to to download the new file and no dice. Are we going to have to download the zip and unzip to the folder every time now?

Hopefully we can get this fixed, because, obviously, it's a lot easier to do this in-game, as opposed to doing the .zip way.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:27 AM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Do you mean No exports from the above teams? Just want to be sure, as I sent in an export yesterday.

Also, just tried to to download the new file and no dice. Are we going to have to download the zip and unzip to the folder every time now?

Hopefully we can get this fixed, because, obviously, it's a lot easier to do this in-game, as opposed to doing the .zip way.

I did notice your export from yesterday. This was the files I pulled down today. I pulled exports from yesterday too to make sure that things worked okay, so I dunno if something went wrong in the process, but if nothing else, it's obvious OOTP is being wonky. I have no idea why it's not letting you download. I was able to grab the file that way...and yes, the zip was is a pain, but...I'm not sure what the culprit is, though I've posted in OOTP to see if there is something we're not seeing.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #54
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did notice your export from yesterday. This was the files I pulled down today. I pulled exports from yesterday too to make sure that things worked okay, so I dunno if something went wrong in the process, but if nothing else, it's obvious OOTP is being wonky. I have no idea why it's not letting you download. I was able to grab the file that way...and yes, the zip was is a pain, but...I'm not sure what the culprit is, though I've posted in OOTP to see if there is something we're not seeing.

No, when I meant yesterday, I meant Thursday, as in a few hours ago. I sent in an export around 2 p.m. my time (5 p.m. EDT).

I just looked at the file, and it's obvious my export did not take, as there are quite a few players who are not where they were supposed to be. I was hoping to use the ST file to answer some depth chart questions for me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 AM   #55
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, I know you're doing your best with this. I wish I knew what the heck is going on with OOTP; why it suddenly does the crapper here. I mean, it's not like we're doing something different than we have been.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #56
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Tri-dola,

I definitely hope we can get something set here for sure going into today, though, as I am now extremely concerned that a critical season export will not take, putting me in a situation where I may have to choose between forgoing going out on a free Friday night just to be sure my export takes.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 AM   #57
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, after using the "zip" form of getting the league file down and loaded up, I am now able to use the in game "download". So what the heck was wrong with my previous file? Ugh. Well, at least it seems to work. God willing, it will still do so, when an actual new file goes up (the post season file).

DC, I uploaded an export at 12:47 a.m. Friday morning (my time, same as 3:47 a.m. EDT). If you could check the file list to confirm the FTP (or whatever it is) received an export from me at that time, I would appreciate it. That would confirm it is taking my exports. Also, go ahead and try to import it to check that, too--it shouldn't affect anything, as I didn't make any changes, just testing the export function.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I confirm I received your export, Chief.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We need an at-large rep for the BoD to replace TimGuru, too.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #60
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Exports from Columbus, Colorado, Hartford, Napa Valley and Toronto.

It says that Valdosta is using the wrong version.

?????

Was that just because you had imported mine earlier, or did it not get picked up?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #61
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay, after using the "zip" form of getting the league file down and loaded up, I am now able to use the in game "download". So what the heck was wrong with my previous file? Ugh. Well, at least it seems to work. God willing, it will still do so, when an actual new file goes up (the post season file).

I may have to try this. I was able to download / export fine with the earlier file DC put up, but I'm getting an error (could not get file information) trying to download within game now. I'll try again a bit later maybe.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #62
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
?????

Was that just because you had imported mine earlier, or did it not get picked up?

I got your earlier.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #63
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This zip is always the most current one. I upload it for Teach, since she's still having connection problems. You can pull it down (any of you) if you need it. It'll always be the same name.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #64
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you download this file , it's the latest FOOL files and it includes you in charge of Valdosta.

I'm updating the HTML right now, so it'll be right in a few hours.

Yeah no luck for me. Downloaded in game as well as the file you listed, and I have no team assigned to me.

No big deal, I'll join up after this season. (you can add me after the season sim before the postseason if you want.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #65
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
This zip is always the most current one. I upload it for Teach, since she's still having connection problems. You can pull it down (any of you) if you need it. It'll always be the same name.

That ZIP has the .bak files in it. Does it need them? You may be able to cut the size in half
Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #66
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah no luck for me. Downloaded in game as well as the file you listed, and I have no team assigned to me.

No big deal, I'll join up after this season. (you can add me after the season sim before the postseason if you want.

Umm...lemme me check again.If not, I'll create a new file real quick with you in it so you can get to it right now.

And no Greg, it doesn't need those .bak files. You make sense. That's just lazy dragging and dropping.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I wonder if OOTP released a newer .exe file after the patch was initially released. Because at work, I have the game installed and while slow, it's actually going through the motions of generating the tar.gz file for automatic download. At home, it simply does not work ever.

I have no idea what's going on. I intend to download and install the latest patch when I get home though and see if that does the trick.

I'm uploading a file now with Alan as Valdosta, I'll post when it's up.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #68
Tasan
College Starter

So one reason or another, I've found that the full patch worked worked much better than just the .exe patch. I'd highly recommend installing that if you haven't.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #69
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think at work, I did the whole install and at home, I might have just done the .exe. I dunno.

In any case, I was able to upload an entire 85.xx MB update from in-game here at work and it includes Alan with Valdosta.

All of the exports submitted earlier still work just fine (the game date is the same) but this one has all the graphics I suspect added to it.

In other words, if you've already exported, no need to bother with this one. Just wanted you all to know it was there...

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-02-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #70
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wonder if OOTP released a newer .exe file after the patch was initially released. Because at work, I have the game installed and while slow, it's actually going through the motions of generating the tar.gz file for automatic download. At home, it simply does not work ever.

I have no idea what's going on. I intend to download and install the latest patch when I get home though and see if that does the trick.

I'm uploading a file now with Alan as Valdosta, I'll post when it's up.

I'm not at my computer until late tonight. So just wait to assign me as coach until after the season is fine.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #71
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
And no Greg, it doesn't need those .bak files. You make sense. That's just lazy dragging and dropping.

As of WinZip 11, they added a jobs feature that makes it really easy to create a one-click "zip these files within this folder" by any wildcard settings you want. It's a lifesaver for FOF commishes who want to backup one particular league, and would work for this.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #72
Tasan
College Starter

I've sent in my season export. Let me know if it didn't take or something.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #73
dacubz
n00b

I exported my season file earlier, and checked for the new file at 9:30 central time. There was a file available, but it had 40 men back on my active roster in ST again. I don't know why I was able to grab this file, but I did upload earlier so I should have 25 active, not 40.
Hardball Heroes Springfield Cubs
dacubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #74
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacubz View Post
I exported my season file earlier, and checked for the new file at 9:30 central time. There was a file available, but it had 40 men back on my active roster in ST again. I don't know why I was able to grab this file, but I did upload earlier so I should have 25 active, not 40.

What new file at 9:30 central time? Do you mean the one DC uploaded for Alan/Valdosta?

I doubt DC imported any files unless he thought they wouldn't take (which they should). Your import should still be good.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #75
dacubz
n00b

Quote:
What new file at 9:30 central time? Do you mean the one DC uploaded for Alan/Valdosta?

I doubt DC imported any files unless he thought they wouldn't take (which they should). Your import should still be good.

Cool.. that must have been it. Scared me when I saw my changes were gone. I imported my team back via ftp, and my changes were all there.
Hardball Heroes Springfield Cubs
dacubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #76
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Your export is good. The new file is uploaded was for Alan/Valdosta. It had no other changes.

To capture it, you can simply "import" it to your computer and it'll change it all back.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-02-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #77
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I received the exports from:

Atlanta, Boston, Colorado, Columbus, Napa Valley, Toronto,
Old 01-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #78
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2001 Season Thread - Front Office Football Central