Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2005, 05:39 PM   #501
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Coffee Warlord

The more I think about it, the more I'm not buying it. The room was slimy. It was a gathering place. While it didn't tell me if it was black, I'm kind of leaning towards black goo. He was a boss.

If CW was a good guy, my bad, but I'm very doubtful.

Neon isn't off my list either though but for now CW gets my vote.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #502
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Unvote Neon_Chaos

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:41 PM   #503
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Vote Vince

Raider's and Vince seem to be pushing too hard to kill off CW and/or Neon and both voted for Peregrine. I'm going to believe digamma for now and that makes me not want to vote for CW.

Out of context: Sweet, the first time anyone has voted to get me 'hung' in any of these games

I'm not really pushing to kill him -- I'm pushing to get as much information out there as humanly possible. I'm not entirely convinced that he's 'guilty.' I have yet to cast a vote today, and I think I'm going to end up waiting just about as long as possible to do so. With the numbers the way they are, our votes seem to be much more important...if we vote to kill an innocent person, that's two people we're down for the day, assuming they kill someone tonight. If that happens, we're down to a dangerously thin margin. CW claims he found a weapon, and was protecting Qwikshot...can we hope that someone with protection abilities guesses correctly tonight? We can hope, but we can't count on it. Also, Qwik has a very powerful role to help us out, and is proven to be a good guy...he's a prime target for alien attack/conversion. So we have to make sure we make the most educated guess possible.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:42 PM   #504
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sigh. Whelp, I don't know what else to tell ya'll. I've given every shred of information I have on the matter, and if that ain't good enough, so be it.

In my mind, with the information I have, it's an open and shut case against Neon, so I went for it. If I fucked it up, I'll die tomorrow. (Hell, I might die today). However, I'm certain enough that I'm right that I put my own life on the line.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:44 PM   #505
Vince
Pro Starter

By the way...how much are the aliens loving it if BOTH Neon and CW are good guys? Sigh. It would be a great time for someone with seer-type powers to stand up and say that one of them is clear or not. Though that would probably just confuse us all more.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #506
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm not "pushing" for him as well. But if I think that at least one of the two, Neon_Chaos and Coffee Warlord is an alien, and Qwik is voting for Coffee, then that confirms the way I go. I am positive that Qwik was not converted last night, since there were once five ectos and now there are four (Blade bit it)...he's about the only one I trust at this point, and I can only assume that everyone else is mucking up the picture.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #507
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola -- my first post up there was being composed while Qwik was replying -- I didn't know he had voted for CW yet.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #508
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

This seems to have turned into a CW vs. Neon showdown, with CW claiming that Blade is not a Cryssalid (thus requiring that Neon is one), Qwik being quite certain that Blade as a baddie the whole way through (but not sure if he was a Cryssalid or not... X-COM vets seem to have indicated that he was).

CW, you claim that the aliens know your role; you've been descriptive enough of what you claim to have seen, do you feel comfortable giving us any more information about what that role is or what your abilities are?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #509
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I just want to point out something that came to my attention just now, as I was rereading... that CW says he can scan people (saying he scanned Blade, Peregrine)... and he can guard people (says he guarded Qwikshot last night)? AND that he received some info that the aliens knew who he is through some voices whispered though him (perhaps telepathy?) What? I think he had a major slip up on that one... what kind of role does he have? Superman?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm doing the right thing by fighting this.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #510
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also, if the aliens know your role, then when did they learn it?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #511
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
I just want to point out something that came to my attention just now, as I was rereading... that CW says he can scan people (saying he scanned Blade, Peregrine)... and he can guard people (says he guarded Qwikshot last night)? AND that he received some info that the aliens knew who he is through some voices whispered though him (perhaps telepathy?) What? I think he had a major slip up on that one... what kind of role does he have? Superman?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm doing the right thing by fighting this.
Good points, but I'm still not sold on your innocence. Why bring this up now, instead of earlier?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #512
Fouts
College Starter

I believe it when CW says he is a Veteran of the war. Qwik just doesn't have any solid information.

I vote for Neon_Chaos
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #513
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And why wouldn't you fight it???
Old 07-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #514
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I wanted to see if anyone is out there to disprove CW's theory. Apparently noone's been watching over CW anyway. So I guess it's just a matter of he said, I said. Not that openly thumping my chest and proclaiming my innocence would do me any good... it didn't do anyone good the last Werewolf games.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #515
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Only major reason I've been cagey about my exact role is, quite simply, I don't want a repeat of last night's insanity. Thus, I've been trying to describe my role more "in character" than just flat out "I'm a so and so."

That said, the information I have gathered is entirely incidental. It's stuff that's happened to me during the course of the night, or stuff I've heard/seen during the night. I have no particular ability to scan aliens, mind probe people, etc, etc, etc. This is all stuff that has happened to me while I've been trying to guard people.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:57 PM   #516
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Only major reason I've been cagey about my exact role is, quite simply, I don't want a repeat of last night's insanity. Thus, I've been trying to describe my role more "in character" than just flat out "I'm a so and so."

That said, the information I have gathered is entirely incidental. It's stuff that's happened to me during the course of the night, or stuff I've heard/seen during the night. I have no particular ability to scan aliens, mind probe people, etc, etc, etc. This is all stuff that has happened to me while I've been trying to guard people.
I'm sorry, but this seems like BS to me. I haven't had the "special ability" to guard people or whatever, but why would you get this extra information when there are real seers out there who can get this as well? Wouldn't you be more than a guard at that point? What's the point of making a seer role when it's less than what you are?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:57 PM   #517
Vince
Pro Starter

Here's my decision on the day. I vote Neon_Chaos.

Something that we haven't discussed at all -- what about Blade's last words? "Computer.. do your worst. I'm not afriad to die.. you all are afraid to Live! Live like we were going to!"

This sentence is about all the clue we get as to what Blade was (from the mod). His use of the word we seems to be the clutch part of it to me. If he is talking to us X-Com people, and using the inclusive we, that implies to me that he was at some point an X-Com guy. And personally, I think his actions on day one illustrate that as well. Now, he sounds as if he was happy about the way things had gone -- sounds an awful lot like a converted person would, in my opinion.

Imagine, for a second (independent of Qwik's analysis, I'll get to that later) -- that Blade was indeed converted. That means that the Chryssalid is still out there, and that it probably can and will convert another of us -- which is like a double whammy, not only do we lose a good guy, but they gain a bad guy.

Now, as I showed in the instances that I have described above, I'm fairly certain that Neon_Chaos is a bad guy whether or not CW is telling the truth -- knowing that CW would die instantly tomorrow if Neon was innocent seems to make that strategy of isolating one person a pretty bad idea. This, combined with the chance, however small, that CW is a good guy, lead me to vote for Neon_Chaos.

The only part that doesn't fit in is Qwik's analysis of Blade's room. I would also tend to believe that would indicate that Blade was an original baddie...but again, if that's the case, then I think that Neon_Chaos is a bad guy as well, because CW has no reason to lie unless he's a bad guy, and if he is lying, the only scenario that makes Neon_Chaos a good guy seems to be a very poor tactical move by the aliens.

So to make a long story short, I think Neon's a bad guy either way, and I'm not 100% sold on CW yet, so I'm sticking with Neon.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #518
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

For better or for worse. Sorry, Neon. Unless it rains, I won't be back in time to change my mind again.

Vote Neon_Chaos

Old 07-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #519
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm sorry, but this seems like BS to me. I haven't had the "special ability" to guard people or whatever, but why would you get this extra information when there are real seers out there who can get this as well? Wouldn't you be more than a guard at that point? What's the point of making a seer role when it's less than what you are?

Do we know that there are seer roles out there? I don't think we do...
Old 07-26-2005, 06:05 PM   #520
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Well, at least on our side. Seems that the aliens (according to CW, and from what I know of the X-Com world there are plenty of telepathic aliens) have "seers."
Old 07-26-2005, 06:08 PM   #521
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I was trying to keep this quiet, but at this point, I think we're making a mistake with Neon.

Last night I was able to cobble together a hand scanner that is a one use device and I used it on Peregrine. While I scanned him I saw that Coffee is an Ecto who killed him. I know this outs me as a prime candidate for a conversion or kill, but I have to go with my gut at this point and since our numbers are so low.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #522
JeeberD
General Manager

Fuck. The water just got even murkier...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #523
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Coffee Warlord

The more I think about it, the more I'm not buying it. The room was slimy. It was a gathering place. While it didn't tell me if it was black, I'm kind of leaning towards black goo. He was a boss.

If CW was a good guy, my bad, but I'm very doubtful.

Neon isn't off my list either though but for now CW gets my vote.

er

Vote Coffee Warlord

Sorries
Old 07-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #524
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Swaggs - you have anything new to add to the conversation other than the vote? Haven't heard much from you at all today.

I'm sticking with my Neon Chaos vote. The fact that he voted for himself and then switched felt very contrived to me. And, I feel like Blade's final words sounded more "zombie than master" to me. Since Neon was on Qwik's list, and Qwik is the only other person I trust right now, I'm going with him.

I am waiting to see something from digamma and JeeberD. They have both been under the radar and I would not be surprised if one or both of them are aliens.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #525
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I'm sticking with my Neon Chaos vote. The fact that he voted for himself and then switched felt very contrived to me. And, I feel like Blade's final words sounded more "zombie than master" to me. Since Neon was on Qwik's list, and Qwik is the only other person I trust right now, I'm going with him.

I am waiting to see something from digamma and JeeberD. They have both been under the radar and I would not be surprised if one or both of them are aliens.

if you are sticking with me then CW is your alien target.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #526
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was trying to keep this quiet, but at this point, I think we're making a mistake with Neon.

Last night I was able to cobble together a hand scanner that is a one use device and I used it on Peregrine. While I scanned him I saw that Coffee is an Ecto who killed him. I know this outs me as a prime candidate for a conversion or kill, but I have to go with my gut at this point and since our numbers are so low.

Wow.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:18 PM   #527
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Combine this info with Qwik's condemnation of CW and I gotta change my vote.

Unvote Neon Chaos

Vote Coffee Warlord

Old 07-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #528
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

And with this I present Exhibit B.

If I Am Telling The Truth, Am Correct About Neon, and RA is Lying: This is an attempt to save the life of an alien, and get a human lynched. Close vote, worth a shot.

If I Am Telling The Truth, Am WRONG About Neon, and RA is Lying: I'm as good as dead tomorrow. He could just as easily let Neon die tonight, and get me killed tomorrow.

If I Am Lying, and Neon is Human: Why in the holy hell would I get myself killed to off 1 whole person.

If I Am Lying, and Neon is an Alien: Okay, I'll admit this is one brutal tactic. Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time trying to defend this, because I honestly cannot without a lot of smoke and mirrors.

But, that's what I've got there.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:22 PM   #529
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Not much of a defense to me...bye bye.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:23 PM   #530
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If I am lying, then how did I get Qwik to go in with me?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #531
Swaggs
Coordinator

This sounds a little bit more substantial than the grounds I was using to pick Neon Chaos and Coffee Warlord's powers seem a little too grand for one role. Either way, this will tell us a lot.

Unvote Neon Chaos

Vote Coffee Warlord
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #532
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well, I'm going to give humanity the last piece of info about myself. If I die today, this needs to be known. Of course, if everyone thinks I'm full of shit, it really doesn't make a damn bit of difference until the end of the game when you're trying to figure out why the aliens have won. BUT.

I am human. I am a grizzled veteran of the Mars Campaign. I also didn't escape Mars fully unscathed. I bear something of an ectoplasmic taint, compliments of a lot of dead aliens. As such, I show up on the computer's scanners as containing enough ectoplasmic radiation to be counted as an alien.

So yes. I die today, the count will drop. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I guarded myself the first night (yes, I can do that, which is why I came out with all of this in the first place), I guarded Qwikshot the second night. There's my job.

Take it for what you will. I now REALLY have nothing more I can say.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #533
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola. Okay, I had a little more to say. And for those of you questioning my rather high role, I give to you the above to point out I'm not exactly without one brutal ass flaw.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 PM   #534
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm going to go with a hunch here and vote Neon_Chaos.

I'm out for the next few hours.

I hope we made the right choice.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 PM   #535
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Well, I'm going to give humanity the last piece of info about myself. If I die today, this needs to be known. Of course, if everyone thinks I'm full of shit, it really doesn't make a damn bit of difference until the end of the game when you're trying to figure out why the aliens have won. BUT.

I am human. I am a grizzled veteran of the Mars Campaign. I also didn't escape Mars fully unscathed. I bear something of an ectoplasmic taint, compliments of a lot of dead aliens. As such, I show up on the computer's scanners as containing enough ectoplasmic radiation to be counted as an alien.

So yes. I die today, the count will drop. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I guarded myself the first night (yes, I can do that, which is why I came out with all of this in the first place), I guarded Qwikshot the second night. There's my job.

Take it for what you will. I now REALLY have nothing more I can say.
*sigh* That sounds soooooo good....almost too good to be true. I admit I've been paranoid the entire game, but I think justifiably so. You're making me second guess myself.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #536
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

25 minutes to go. Voting will promptly end at 8:00

Since there is such a close vote, be prepared. I am keeping GOOD track of the voting.

If there is a tie.. you will know it right at 8:00.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #537
Fouts
College Starter

I've given so many fricking clues and I don't know what else to do. We get played so easy, so I guess we deserve to die.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #538
JeeberD
General Manager

Oh good lord, I don't know who to trust anymore...

Old 07-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #539
Fouts
College Starter

I have alot of knowledge of what is going on. This is an important vote, do not screw this up!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:45 PM   #540
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And what is your solid information? I know CW is an alien who was seen near Peregrine's room. What more do you have to offer?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:47 PM   #541
Fouts
College Starter

:hides:

Last edited by Fouts : 07-26-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #542
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote Coffee Warlord

Like yesterday, I guess I'm looking for a case to vote for a guy that didn't sit quite right with me. The multiple powers and now the alien taint seems like too much. Will type more after I get the vote in, don't want to miss the deadline.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #543
Fouts
College Starter

If we lose the bodyguard, we are screwed. I can't believe how easily we are suckered.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #544
Fouts
College Starter

Can i just sneak out of the base? These other people deserve to die.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #545
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I assume that's a request for information..

Nope, the computer's got all exits sealed tight. you're actually on recycled air..
Old 07-26-2005, 06:53 PM   #546
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, you are saying we are damned if we do and damned if we don't? If we shoot you and see one less, then it wasn't because you are an alien? Fricking genius mind-fuck before dying ...

Raiders, if those numbers don't go down you are now on the block instead of Neon tomorrow morning.

Neon, if you are not an alien then you are going to be very damn lucky to escape today ... I completely didn't get the vote for yourself strategy and feel like you wasted a lot of our time here today because of this.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #547
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Coffee, you are saying we are damned if we do and damned if we don't? If we shoot you and see one less, then it wasn't because you are an alien? Fricking genius mind-fuck before dying ...

A damn shame it's the truth, and we'll prolly lose because most everyone doesn't believe it.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:56 PM   #548
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah. Like my head's never been on the block....

I think I remember someone saying they were going to lay low this game...wait, that was me.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:57 PM   #549
Fouts
College Starter

I'm dead tonight, so I'm going to spill the beans;

Ecto's - Neon, Raiders, Hoops (converted)

CW is bodyguard. Hopefully I can sneak out of here.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:57 PM   #550
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, does everyone in this fricking game have a power besides me? Two nights ago everyone is a grunt and now everyone has inventions, visions, scanning abilities, bodyguards, and other secret info. I thought there were more of us than any of the other groups.

SirFozzie, what do I need to do to get in line for some kind of an edge, or at least an equalizer here?