Head Coach

vote hoopsguy
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #2553
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
We were 0 for 4 in conversion tries I believe.

Want to explain how that would have worked?

And what did happen on Night 2? Was there no kill because you were making the fake hammer or was something else happening?

Who was the bodyguard? Tyr?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #2554
Thomkal
Head Coach

yay Team Good, well done! Good try Team Evil!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #2555
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sweet! So is the game over? Or one more wolf?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #2556
Autumn
Head Coach

Check last post last page guys.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #2557
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm a little surprised at that fake hammer mechanic, I would have thought (did think) that Chubby would keep the real one and the fake would spin off.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #2558
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
vote hoopsguy

Sheesh, I lay down meaningful votes on 3 of the 4 wolves - the only 3 to be lynched - and this is the respect I get?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #2559
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, I didn't quite get all the trust I was getting either to be perfectly honest.

I was (a) Valkyrie by the way - basically a transportation system for vanilla villagers to get to Vahalla. Basically, all vanilla villagers went to Vahalla while I was in the game and once I was out no one would have went.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #2560
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay EagleFan, what the heck was that clue you left us in the message with the missing letters? None of us in Valhalla could figure that out!
And I'm so bummed that we didn't find out any of our killers-we really thought we might come in and save the day!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #2561
hoopsguy
General Manager

So what kind of items did the wolves get their hands on?

And how did the vote manipulation thing work?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #2562
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought the game was a great deal of fun, JAG. You were probably kicking yourself every time we went on and on about how there had to be 5 wolves. I know whenever I start a game and people say stuff like that i start fretting about my balance.

It woulid have been fun to have some real impact from Valhalla, but obviously the village didn't need us. Such crazy luck with no villagers going until what day four? So I guess the deal is that Odin would have been able to receive our messages directly?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #2563
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

ah, posted that question just a bit too late.

Good game JAG. Thanks for the effort.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #2564
Danny
Head Coach

Thanks for the idea and all your efforts JAG. I don't think it was the most balanced game, but I'll save those comments for the other wolves behind your back .

Actually, these games are extremely difficult to balance and a number of things simply did not go our way (basically everything after the night 1 kill of Odin).

That said, I thought the village played a great game!
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #2565
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I lied, or lied by insinuation at least, my *** off about not being able to be killed on day one. I didn't know how much the wolves knew about the mistletoe so I wanted the to think that they needed to use it to kill me.

No sweat on that JG, actually glad that I was able to be cleared on day one and pretty much not have to worry about the mistletoe accidentally being passed to me. I was going to reveal on day two anyway so the wolves pretty much stepped up the cycle a little (and got them off on a bad start at least).
Old 08-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #2566
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Just going to throw out some observations / thoughts I've had over the time the game has been running in case anyone was wondering:

Game notes that amused me or made me happy:

1. Zinto mentioned this in wolf PM and I thought it could cause problems when I saw the list of wolves also...he figured with he, mau, and DV as wolves there was a very good chance of a wolf getting D1 votes. So naturally, those three were fine but the safe fourth member of the team Danny would nearly get voted out the first day.

2. I was amazed at how much was riding on the day 1 deadline and actions. The game could've taken a wild turn for either the worse or better for the village. Here's the full situation and potential permutations:

At 1 minute to deadline, the public vote was 7 for Danny, 5 for Chubby, and 4 for EagleFan, the actual vote was 6 for Danny, 5 for Chubby, and 5 for EagleFan (Zinto's vote was not actually on Danny but on EF). The wolves were desperately trying to get Zinto to switch from EagleFan to Chubby, apparently Zinto sent the vote switch to mau instead of hitting reply all (his first day ever as a wolf so a mistake like that under pressure is quite understandable).

a. Let's say no one switched at that point. Danny would've ended up lynched. The order they sent in was to brutal dubb and NK Narcizo if that were to happen, not knowing that bhlloy (Tyr) would have short-circuited that plan. So in this case the village would've been down bhlloy and Narcizo, but Odin would've survived at least one additional day.

b. Now, if Zinto had gotten the vote switch to Chubby, there would've been a tie and a toss-up between Danny or Chubby dying. If Danny dies, you get the same situation as in a., but if Chubby gets lynched...we could've had both Odin AND Thor die on day 1, which would've ranked amongst the greatest of all-time starts for the wolves. Except for one minor thing...Lathum began the game with Gleipnir, the Fenrir Wolf fetter. He sent it to Chubby, but he had a conditional order that if Chubby were to be lynched, Gleipnir would've been sent to Danny, which would've effectively knocked him out of the game. Still, not a terrible result to knock out two of the top villager roles on Day 1 in exchange for a wolf who had the worst powers of the four.

c. But then we have Chubby make what appears to be a pointless deadline change of voting Lathum to voting EF (it changed the public voting from 7-5-4 to 7-5-5), which allowed Danny to make the deadline switch to EF and preserve himself (though if Zinto had also gotten the vote switch to Chubby, the final result would've been 6-6-5 Danny-EF-Chubby).

d. And as if things weren't crazy enough with the result, there's still a last little tidbit for the day. dubb was passed the Mistletoe, but because he died, it ended up moving randomly to Danny. However, because Chubby was passed Freyr's Magic Sword and Gleipnir, the Sword also spun off randomly and landed with Danny. random.org decided he would keep the Sword instead of the Mistletoe. That little 50-50 shot took away an easy bonus kill opportunity from the wolves (assuming Danny could've survived the following day), as well as robbing Loki of the chance to frame another person for the killing.

3. Bug was the target of both dubb and mckerney scans the first day.

4. Weaponized Mistletoe. I love it.

5. bhlloy's comment about having two of the three guaranteed roles for good (Thor and Balder) up for lynch D1 being correct (Chubby and EF) though at the time he was musing about Danny being one of them post-fake reveal.

6. Random observation in the middle of D2 post Danny's fake reveal: Being a GM can be fun.

7. Lathum's post 594 re: his item (Gleipnir) helping in case of wolf attack. I loved the double meaning, which I assume was intentional.

8. I was very pleased with how the editing rule worked. After the goofing around early D1, there was a reasonably steady use of it for real purposes without it being abused in any way that I could tell. The idea of it could've been refined to some degree, but it worked out as I had hoped and even got more use than I thought it would.

9. Going into Day 4, I suspected there would be some interesting fallout from the fake Mjolnir pass the wolves successfully executed to Chubby. Had that 50-50 chance not succeeded, the fake Hammer would've spun off randomly (and more or less uselessly, unless it interfered with a Mistletoe pass). I was not disappointed with the hijinks that followed.

10. Day 4 listening to the wolf chat about mau wanting to reveal as Freyja and claiming the sword (perhaps not remembering, despite it being in the description, that it was Freyr's sword...those darn confusing siblings), I'm thinking to myself, "A mau fake reveal...sounds great...what could possibly go wrong?" (you know I love you mau)

11. a. I'm amazed how a game can turn on such a little detail Part 1. With the D1 vote at 4-4-4-3 (Danny with the 3), there was a reasonable chance Danny could've avoided being the lynch target without much suspicion, but then came DV's post about EF-Chubby-Lathum leaving out Danny and dubb alertly calling him out on it probably brought Danny more to the forefront than he might've otherwise been in that group. What if one of EF-Lathum-Chubby is the final lynch target without the wolves showing their vote manipulation abilities? Danny has typically been a D1 NK target for
wolves, but getting some votes might've made it realistic that he would slide by for a few days with less suspicion. If the wolves avoid getting lynched just a day or two, it would've really openned things up for their powers. But instead, that little post contributed to the village catching two of the four wolves in the first three days, including the wolf seer.

11. b. I'm amazed how a game can turn on such a little detail Part 2. Going into Day 6, the wolves had a bonus kill in hand and were trying to figure out how to best use it, and I think I can say they were frustrated at not being able to have used mau's conversion ability despite trying to activate it since Day 2. They originally had Racer (the Valkyrie) down as their kill and were trying to sort out who to use the bonus kill on when mckerney popped up as Heimdall. They finally ended up switching the kill to mckerney and Narcizo which led to their downfall, and about 10 minutes post-deadline, they both sent PM's which summarized as, "That might've been a grave mistake after looking at the rules" (presumably Heimdall's entry). If they had realized it ahead of time, they could've sent mau to kill Racer and mckerney (or maybe Narcizo if they wanted to try and get mckerney lynched the next day...as he had scanned Racer that night, I'm guessing that could've been a possibility), which would've finally paved the way for them to get the conversion they had been seeking since Day 2, assuming mau could've survived the following day (or they could've swapped roles using a Loki ability to guarantee they would be able to get the conversion in). In addition, Racer was passed the Mistletoe, so there would've been a chance that either of the wolves could've ended up with it or it could've even spun to EagleFan and given them a lovely 4 villager kill day (including lynch) with the village potentially having lost 3 roles in a day. mckerney pulling off the move he did was obviously a huge factor in the village closing out the game successfully and the wolves were tantalizingly close to giving themselves a realistic chance to pull off a heck of a comeback.

12. hoopsguy's Shawshank Redemption comment to EF.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #2567
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF, how vulnerable were you to being killed? Was mistletoe truly the only way?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #2568
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Autumn lied to me, Darth didn't create the fake hammer.

Thomkal, what were you trying to say in your vision? people.... people what?

JAG, how did the visions work? Did the wolves alter the messages?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #2569
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I thought the game was a great deal of fun, JAG. You were probably kicking yourself every time we went on and on about how there had to be 5 wolves. I know whenever I start a game and people say stuff like that i start fretting about my balance.

It woulid have been fun to have some real impact from Valhalla, but obviously the village didn't need us. Such crazy luck with no villagers going until what day four? So I guess the deal is that Odin would have been able to receive our messages directly?

Danny mentioned it right off the bat. I knew I didn't want to have five wolves to start (my idea was to compensate the wolves for that by having fewer more powerful wolves, but I believe I botched things there), but around Day 2 or 3 I realized a Loki Worshiper cultist role would've been cool. Ah well.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #2570
MrBug708
Head Coach

This is the first game that I've made it to the end alive and our side has won. Probably out of 25 some odd games
Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #2571
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

He didn't lie actually. He was offering their conjecture.

The Valhalla crew could send out one message per day. If they sent it to Odin, the entire message would go through. If Odin wasn't alive, they could only operate by sending dreams where the entire message would not go through. It was random as to what percent would make it and which part of the message you would get (beginning / middle / end), which is why the messages were cut off in weird places.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #2572
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
This is the first game that I've made it to the end alive and our side has won. Probably out of 25 some odd games

It doesn't happen often for me either - nice when it does, no doubt about it.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #2573
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I was just trying to give you some thoughts. Looking back at the roles I realized that it seemed much more likely that DV's role would be able to fake an item to Thor. AFter seeing your response to our note I realized I shouldn't have put anything in it really, it was misleading.

We had a chance of finding out information about our killers, but never did.

Also, EF, we weren't sure if you had been converted, so we were communicating iwth one hand behind our back.

Did your note to us mean something? A code or typos?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #2574
MrBug708
Head Coach

So I passed the mistletoe to Dubb and happened to get scanned by both mckerney and Dubb?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #2575
MrBug708
Head Coach

How did the conversion work? Who was targeted?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #2576
Zinto
College Starter

McKerney you kicked my butt. I was so afraid you where going to scan me and if I ended up lynched the next day Mau's sword would have ended up in a villagers hand(most likely) and we would have lost. I panicked and we lost hahah
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #2577
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
EF, how vulnerable were you to being killed? Was mistletoe truly the only way?

Pretty sure I could have been a regular night kill as well but didn't want to advertise that.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #2578
Thomkal
Head Coach

Great game JAG, thanks for inviting me to play.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #2579
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did your note to us mean something? A code or typos?

What note?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #2580
hoopsguy
General Manager

Will be interested in hearing how players possessing items enhanced their roles - in particular, Thor since he actually got his item.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #2581
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Here is the message I tried to send:

Greetings Balder the Beautiful!

Your loyal servants Thomkal and Autumn here. We are able to communicate with one person/day from valhalla and send a message. Here are the Valhalla rules and powers:

1. Communicate through JAG with one message to the player of our choice. Can only be done once/day and will only be partly received. We in Valhalla will not know what parts you received.

2. We have a chance each day to find the identity of our killers if nightkilled/people who voted us for lynch that are a wolf. So far we know nothing unfortunately.

That is why Chubby kept bringing me (Thomkal) up yesterday-he was trying to signal me how to use #2 above, but we have no control over who to look at unfortunately. So far we have not found out anything about anybody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We knew nothing about what parts of the message you would actually see other than what you revealed in thread, so I thought the best idea was to write messages where I repeated the more important things, hoping what didn't get through on the first time I said it, might get through on the second (or third). When we saw how little you apparantly you got from that message, we moved to shorter, more concise messages.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #2582
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Here is the message I tried to send:

Greetings Balder the Beautiful!

Your loyal servants Thomkal and Autumn here. We are able to communicate with one person/day from valhalla and send a message. Here are the Valhalla rules and powers:

1. Communicate through JAG with one message to the player of our choice. Can only be done once/day and will only be partly received. We in Valhalla will not know what parts you received.

2. We have a chance each day to find the identity of our killers if nightkilled/people who voted us for lynch that are a wolf. So far we know nothing unfortunately.

That is why Chubby kept bringing me (Thomkal) up yesterday-he was trying to signal me how to use #2 above, but we have no control over who to look at unfortunately. So far we have not found out anything about anybody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We knew nothing about what parts of the message you would actually see other than what you revealed in thread, so I thought the best idea was to write messages where I repeated the more important things, hoping what didn't get through on the first time I said it, might get through on the second (or third). When we saw how little you apparantly you got from that message, we moved to shorter, more concise messages.

I got...

We in Valhalla will not know what parts you received.

2. We have a chance each day to find the identity of our killers if nightkilled/people
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #2583
Zinto
College Starter

If we figure out McKerney's power five minutes before instead of after the deadline I think we would have been in a good position going into today. Hoops would have most likely got lynched(or thats how I planned it in my head) and the game would have been much more in our favor.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #2584
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I got...

We in Valhalla will not know what parts you received.

2. We have a chance each day to find the identity of our killers if nightkilled/people

LOL well that wasn't particularly helpful was it? at least we got the part about the identity of our killers to you.

What were the chances of us getting that info JAG?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #2585
Autumn
Head Coach

EF, when you revealed Thomkal's note in thread, we thought maybe you were trying to leave a code. You said something about looking for a code in our note, and you left out a bunch of letters from words in your note.

Guess it was just shoddy typing ;-) Glad I didn't spend any more time deciphering it.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #2586
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

From Autumn I got...

"...that Thor was killed by a knife in the back. It seems possible that Loki had his own action each night. Also Darth Vilus was likely the one to have created the fake hammer. Ponder this."
Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #2587
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hey Zinto,

Were you trying to get a run on J23 on day 2-the vote I called you out on? Man I wish I had pursued that a bit stronger now.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 PM   #2588
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, when you revealed Thomkal's note in thread, we thought maybe you were trying to leave a code. You said something about looking for a code in our note, and you left out a bunch of letters from words in your note.

Guess it was just shoddy typing ;-) Glad I didn't spend any more time deciphering it.

Sorry, that was completely my lousy keyboard (combined with quick typing).
Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #2589
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Hey Zinto,

Were you trying to get a run on J23 on day 2-the vote I called you out on? Man I wish I had pursued that a bit stronger now.

No I guess it was just a good observation by you that I put the vote on right after Racer did even though I have no idea what was going on in my head at that point in the game.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #2590
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So what kind of items did the wolves get their hands on?

And how did the vote manipulation thing work?

The only one besides the fake hammer that they had at any time was Freyr's Sword. And they knew he wasn't in the game.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #2591
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I must say, it was rather liberating to know that I couldn't be the day one lynch.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #2592
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote manipulation was Loki's daily ability. He could make a private vote that would invalidate his public one, but not be shown. Thus he outwardly voted for Danny D1, but privately he switched it to EF.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #2593
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The only one besides the fake hammer that they had at any time was Freyr's Sword. And they knew he wasn't in the game.

Bad luck - without any items they weren't in position to try and create "item conflicts" where they passed stuff to people they thought would receive items and displace the passes to random.

Did items get retired from the game when the associated character (Odin, Wolf) were removed? Seemed that way ...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #2594
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Here are the rest of the roles, sorry if the formatting is off (and try not to laugh at my poor balancing...lamentations):

Role PMs:

You are Odin, All-Father of the gods. Your drink from the Well of Wisdom has allowed you a keen insight that allows you to see beyond outward appearances. In terms of game purposes, you are the seer and once per night, you may scan to determine the alligence of another player. Your
authority over all other gods also gives you a one-time opportunity to change the result of a lynch (be warned that this will result in you being revealed if you haven't already). Once per day you may send and receive a message from those in Valhalla through the GM (so they will not know your identity, nor you the one who sent it to you).

You are Thor, God of Thunder, Giantsbane. You are the greatest warrior of all the gods and a such it will take two attempts to successfully night kill you. You may also use your prowess in battle to protect other gods and goddesses. In game terms you are the bodyguard and each night
you may choose a player to protect from being night-killed. You may not guard yourself. Once per game you may choose to guard one player for two consecutive nights, but if you do so, you cannot guard that person the remainder of the game. You are also immune to any abilities of giants that
may be in-game. You have knowledge of one family member that is in the game (though not if there are others). Your know your son Magni is J23, however he does not know your identify and you cannot communicate privately with him.

You are Balder, beloved of the gods. You are so well-loved that people refuse to do you harm. In game terms, you cannot be lynched (though you will be revealed if you would otherwise be lynched). If you are passed the Missletoe, the one earthly substance that can hurt you, you will die.

You are Magni, son of Thor and the only one besides Thor who can wield his mighty hammer. You may make use of Mjolnir though if Thor is alive, you will only be able to unlock a portion of its abilities. If Thor dies, you may wield the full might of Mjolnir for yourself (the extent of which is not known to you at this time).

You are Heimdall, the Watcherman of the Gods and guardian of the Bifrost Bridge to Asgard. Your powers of observation are far beyond that of any other, even Loki himself cannot fool you. As Loki's sworn enemy and as you are fated to slay him during Ragnarok, each night you may scan one
player to determine if they are Loki. You are also immune to Loki's powers and if Loki attempts to night kill you, he will be successful but you will kill him as well. You will be aware of who passes you an item in the event that you receive one.

You are the Valkyrie. While you are alive, you are able to transport the spirits of fallen Norse Berserkers to Valhalla (this does not require any action of you, you will do this automatically). If you die, no additional warrior spirits will be able to enter Valhalla.

You are Tyr, one-armed God of Justice and Truth. You once sacrificed your hand to aid in binding the Fenrir Wolf and you are here to help with him again. You are aware that the Fenrir Wolf is present in the game and that he has the power to kill another player when he dies. If he tries to
use this while you are in the game, you will sacrifice yourself to prevent him from using this ability on another.

Your spirit now resides in Valhalla. You may not post in the game thread, however you may PM freely with other Valhalla spirits. Once per day, one of the Valhalla spirits may choose to convey a message to Odin (PM it to me and I will send it to him). If Odin is dead, you may convey a message to any other player (PM me and I will send it to them), however, unlike a message to Odin, the message to anoter player will not be perfectly transmitted. Each night you have a chance of receiving some insight into your slayer (or slayers if you were lynched).

You are the forces of Evil. Prior to the deadline of Day 1, you must decide the order of who will perform each night kill and adhere to that the remainder of the game (skipping any dead members). If you are successful in completing a full cycle of night kills without one of you dying, you will receive a bonus night kill to be performed by any member you choose. This bonus kill can only happen once per game.

Roles and abilities:

You are Loki, Trickster of the Gods and leader of the forces of Evil for game purposes. You have a wide array of powers to wreak your mayhem throughout the forces of Good.

Powers that can be used every day:
---Your public vote does not have to match who you actually wish to vote for (please submit your private vote in regular voting format to me via PM)

Powers that can be used every other day (starting with Day 2):
---You may choose one player who, if they are scanned, will yield the opposite result of a true scan. You cannot choose the same player in consecutive nights and you can only once choose an Evil member to be the target of this ability.

Powers that can be used once / game (no more than one of these powers can be used per day):
---You may use your powers of disguise to swap roles with another evil player (i.e. you choose Hel who becomes Loki and you become Hel). You cannot use this on the Fenrir Wolf.
---You may disguise yourself as another player for a day. For that day, they will be forced to post what you wish them to publicly post (PM me what you want them to post and I will convey it to them). However, you will only be able to post once as yourself that day and must forego voting (your puppet may vote however). You will learn nothing regarding what items the victim has and they may still pass any items they have. The victim will know this is a result of Loki, but not which player Loki is. The victim will still be able to make use of any night actions they may have.
---If you possess the Missletoe and make a successful pass to Balder (thus killing him), you can frame any other player of your choice for the Missletoe pass leading to his death.
---On Day 2 (or beyond), you may craft a fake item that will so closely resemble the real one that no one can tell them apart. The item that will be crafted is randomly selected among the item list. If the fake item ends up with its supposed owner, the item will turn to dust and the player who has the role linked to the item will be revealed to you. If you die, the fake item will turn to dust.
---You may move a player's vote off you onto another player.

You are Hel, Queen of the Underworld.

Powers that may be used once per game (no more than one of these powers may be used per day)
---You may raise from the dead a vanilla Norse berserker (but not a God or Goddess) whose spirit has not gone to Valhalla. They will receive PM rights with the rest of your team and count as Evil for victory conditions, but otherwise have no powers and not be able to perform a night kill.
---You may banish an item you possess from the game to Nifflheim (it will be removed from the game...note that the item being removed from the game will be announced publicly).

You are the Fenrir Wolf. If you are lynched, you may open your jaws wide and swallow another player of your choosing to take to the grave with you.

Powers that may be used every other night:
---You may close your enormous jaws around another player. That player will be blinded and only able to randomly target other players with their abilities that day. You may not use this power on the same player more than once.

You are Utgaard-Loki, a fearsome giant with the power of illusions. Your skillful illusions allow you to observe other players undetected.

Powers that may be used every night:
---You may scan a player to learn their role (if they have one).

Powers that may be used once per game:
---You may choose to learn what item a player possesses (if any)
Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #2595
Autumn
Head Coach

I got off track quite a bit, but feel pretty good that I fingered Danny, Zinto and Darth at some point. And I was write about Telle. I was terrified she was going to turn out to be a wolf and make me look like an idiot.

From now on I'm just going to close my trap, a lot more often. I always manage to talk myself into trouble.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #2596
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Last night I was defeated and wasn't really trying all that logically to sway votes - I knew it was over at that point barring some crazy move..

It would have worked out fantastic to kill Racer last night in addition to Narcizo and claiming it as my kill with the sword - we would have kept the sword in our hands and I would have been on a higher level of trust.

We even contemplated me killing Zinto last night but we knew the write-up might not work in our favor so we backed out of that. And add in that the sword would have landed in a villagers hand, too. Granted, we were planning on destroying the weapon after the kill to make it look like it was used - but again, at the mercy of the write up.

I felt I had a realistic fake-reveal given the timing of it all. Had I not revealed, I would have likely died within the next two days, leaving Zinto as the last wolf. I think we were in a tight spot if I didn't do that and it seems like it almost would have worked if we did our actions differently last night.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #2597
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
feel pretty good that I fingered Danny, Zinto and Darth at some point.

What you guys do behind closed doors is no business of ours...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #2598
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Item abilities:

Mjolnir - If Thor (or Magni if Thor has already died) possesses this, it grants the following abilities:

a. All votes on giants count as three votes though they will be shown as one vote publicly
b. If a giant tries to kill you, you will not be harmed and will kill it instead
c. You gain a 1 in 3 chance to fight off a night kill attempt, or 1 in 6 if it is Loki attempting it (he is sneakier). You will not be told your attacker's identity, but you will learn their role's name. This ability will not work more than once.
d. You gain a one-time ability to change the lynch to a player receiving two or more votes (you role and that you possess the item will be revealed upon making this change). This ability can only be used once per game.

If Magni possesses Mjolnir and Thor is alive, he will gain powers a and d, but not b and c.

Gleipnir (Fenrir Wolf's fetter) - As this has been passed to you, you are now fettered and will not be able to use your abilities (including your brutal ability) or take any public action including posting and voting. You may still communicate via PM with your teammates.

Gungnir (Odin's Spear) - This spear was rumored to never miss its target and likewise will your voting ability gain in accuracy with it. Your vote now counts triple when on an evil player (this will not be shown publicly).

Mistletoe - Kills Balder if he receives it.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #2599
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry, that was completely my lousy keyboard (combined with quick typing).

oh my god, I was going crazy trying to figure that out! You just got my vote on day 1 if/when I play again, lol.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #2600
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
oh my god, I was going crazy trying to figure that out! You just got my vote on day 1 if/when I play again, lol.

Funny thing is I saw how badly it was typed after I hit submit and then said... nope not going to edit... never crossed my mind that it would be seen as anything but lousy typing.