Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #701
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Well one answer is obvious, I think. The other on is that you are both Jedi. Where do you think the lens will turn next if AE turns out to be a Jedi? I can see how this will play out already. AE is a jedi and the next one to go is hoops or barkeep depending on who has the more persuasive argument. If you are both Jedi, then you both end up dead in that scenario.
I think it's clear that hoops, to the smallest extent, followed by myself and whoever lives between dubb and ardent is the biggest target tomorrow. But I don't quite follow on how not letting hoops and I, assuming we're both Jedi, battle it out is to dubb's advantage if he's a wolf.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #702
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Well, I want to avoid lynching AE because I think he is clean. I don't have any read like that on Dubb. But I am a little concerned with why Dubb would choose to start a vote on AE.

Why Ardent? I know Ardent better than any other werewolf player. We have discussed strategy in depth for hours at a time on the phone in the past. He takes strategy into everything he types in these games as do I. He's not playing his normal game(he has had no strategy this game at all, something doesn't add up in his play, and then things such as voting blocks don't work in his favor either). Before the night actions were even up I said I already know who I am voting for. I got up today and came out with that person since they were still around.

With all that said its time to return to my movie , hope I'm still around when I come back b/c I am a jedi.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #703
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think Dubb just got the vote by one.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #704
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think Gram's right and would like a hell of an explanation from mckerny.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #705
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I show for final votes:

Ardent - Dubb (532), Hoops (550), KWhit (611), Tanglewood (620), Ardent (621), Taz (653), Barkeep (686)

Dubb - Schmidty (553), Sack (556), Jeeber (578), Desnudo (583), Gram (586), Qwik (588), SnDvls (610), mckerney (687)

Qwikshot - Cartman (594)

Not Voted: King, Penny, StKelly

8-7-1 with Dubb slated for an exit, barring duke, weighted votes, or something else that MasterSaldana has cooked up for us.

Mckerney, what prompted the vote change at the end?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #706
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
My idea was that Ardent was the bodyguard and dubb was a wolf. Dubb attacked ardent and ardent knew this, as did dubb. Ardent didn't want to paint himself as a target, but dubb was afraid enough of him that it was worth going on the offensive.

I hadn't thought of that. In that situation though, wouldn't Ardent just come forward and call Dubb out since all the other wolves would also know who he was?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #707
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As would I. I was prepared for the martyr's death.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #708
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, Ardent did leave the vote on himself.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #709
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it's clear that hoops, to the smallest extent, followed by myself and whoever lives between dubb and ardent is the biggest target tomorrow. But I don't quite follow on how not letting hoops and I, assuming we're both Jedi, battle it out is to dubb's advantage if he's a wolf.

I'm confused by that last sentence. It's absolutely to his advantage, but he can nail AE now and then you two will still be around as prime suspects. Likely more suspicious of each other if anything. That was the point I was trying to make.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #710
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I hadn't thought of that. In that situation though, wouldn't Ardent just come forward and call Dubb out since all the other wolves would also know who he was?
Well we all did say that the bodygaurd should remain quiet. Unless Ardent is going to get lynched nothing is gained by revealing himself to everyone as the bodyguard. Instead it creates a whole mind game behind the scenes between ardent and the wolves. Ardent wouldn't neceassily have to be the bodyguard for this scenario to play out, it was just the most easily explainable one given the short time. With ardent insisting even when it looked like death that he was a vanilla it only seemed appropriate to discard it.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #711
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm confused by that last sentence. It's absolutely to his advantage, but he can nail AE now and then you two will still be around as prime suspects. Likely more suspicious of each other if anything. That was the point I was trying to make.
Plotting out three days in WW is an exercise in futility. It is far too likely that some sort of information would be gained if not in day 1 then by end of day 2, to cause a different course then all three of us going down the drain. By coming out against ardent, dubb made himself a target equal to anyone else. In fact he made himself more of a target then anyone else. I think this is a far more effective wolfish tactic after a couple more villagers are dead and it's clear where the battle lines have been drawn.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #712
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Plotting out three days in WW is an exercise in futility. It is far too likely that some sort of information would be gained if not in day 1 then by end of day 2, to cause a different course then all three of us going down the drain. By coming out against ardent, dubb made himself a target equal to anyone else. In fact he made himself more of a target then anyone else. I think this is a far more effective wolfish tactic after a couple more villagers are dead and it's clear where the battle lines have been drawn.

Possibly. I think it was obvious to all, or at least to me, that no matter what happened today, you and hoops would still be suspicious of each other. I still believe that will be the case, even if AE were to turn out a Sith.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #713
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I know it would be super sweet if it turns out dubb was Sith.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #714
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Possibly. I think it was obvious to all, or at least to me, that no matter what happened today, you and hoops would still be suspicious of each other. I still believe that will be the case, even if AE were to turn out a Sith.
I don't think that's true at all. Hoops was only marginally suspicious of me, and only because of my look at him, and my early unvote off of him after dubb did his post shows that I was willing to take a second look of somebody who only struck me in the gut as evil, without strong conviction.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #715
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Dubb really slid behind the scenes. He didn't really push at all beside his original argument. At a certain point I think most people had forgotten who started the voting on AE in the first place, until Schmidty pointed it out.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #716
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think that's true at all. Hoops was only marginally suspicious of me, and only because of my look at him, and my early unvote off of him after dubb did his post shows that I was willing to take a second look of somebody who only struck me in the gut as evil, without strong conviction.

Well you know yourself better than I do, but the way I was reading things was different.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #717
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Since it appears I will be living, at least temporarily, I will take kwhit off the ignore list and I apologize for calling you a jerk. However, the wording of your post truly offended me.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #718
Barkeep49
Coordinator

AE you know I have all the respect in the world for you and understand how KWhit's post could have struck you wrong. I think he was just reflecting a feeling that I know I have that voting for yourself is a tactic that needs to be taken out of our WW games.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #719
Desnudo
Coordinator

Going back to last game, if AE is offended by that, he's the most thin-skinned Navy man I've ever met.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #720
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can understand that. My vote for myself wasn't a "get me out of this game" type thing, though I posted as much in anger. You and someone else said you had more to gain by my death. Had I not voted for myself, I doubt the vote would have been as close. Who knows.

I'm willing to walk the line. I have no fear of death. I'm not being a defeatist. I'm trying to help.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #721
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Going back to last game, if AE is offended by that, he's the most thin-skinned Navy man I've ever met.
Going back to last game was an Aardvark, and yes I was stretching.

Telling me I'm useless or however he put it, yeah that pissed me off.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #722
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

TBH, I don't buy it. However, I also don't think you are a Sith. If I'm wrong about the first, I'll sincerely apologize after the game.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #723
hoopsguy
General Manager

Back from shoveling snow ... Mrs. Hoopsguy was getting frustrated that I wouldn't leave the computer to do this earlier

In terms of my suspicion level of Barkeep, it is probably a little bit lower than that of the collective opinion. If he is playing a wolf he is being a little more up-front than I have seen him be in the past. Not that he is a lurker as a wolf, but he is extending himself a little more than I am used to seeing. Interestingly, I'll be more suspicious of him if Dubb is a Sith, even though I was right with him in voting for Ardent.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #724
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That's fine. It did piss me off, maybe offend wasn't the word.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #725
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So where's the salad shooter? I want to see results gosh darn it.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #726
saldana
Pro Starter

Your assmebly in the galley is earlier tonight, as in a very un-Jedi manner, tempers flare and anger is expressed amongst the group. At the end of the day, the majority of votes have fallen on Dubb93. You all stand around, awaiting some sort of speech similar to the one that Lathum gave the night before. But that is not to be today.

As soon as the last vote is cast and tallied, Dubb launches himself at the nearest Jedi. Schmity is sent reeling across the room as Dubb ignites his lightsaber. Those expecting the scarlet of a Sith are disappointed, as a pale lavender blade shimmers in the darkness. The hum of Dubbs blade is joined shortly by that of Schmidty who has collected himself and launched, flipping though the air, back into the battle.

As the battle swirls around the room, you notice in Dubb's tactics a certain style which varies from your normal expectations. He continually launches items at Schmidty from around the room, in a very un-Jedi like manner. Many of you wonder at this dishonorable manner of fighting, but when you see the look on Dubb's face, his face contorted with hatred and anger. As the battle continues, it appears to be a relatively even fight, with Dubb momentarily gaining an advantage thanks to a skillfully placed flying chair. Instead of seizing upon this opening to finish off Schmidty, Dubb spins to face the rest of you, the anger and hatred on his face now directed at all of you through the Force. "Fools, all of you. There isn't one among you as worthy as I. I would have destroyed you all if I had the Dark Side as my ally. Bhwaahahahahahh!!!"

His evil laughter is cut short however, as Schmitdy has rebounded faster than Dubb expected and with a skillful toss of his lightsaber, cleaves Dubbs cackling head clean off the top of his neck.

Dubb's last words leave you just as confused as Lathum's. It is obvious that he was evil, but his lavender lightsaber and inablity to fully harness the power of the Dark Side make it seem as though he was not actually a Sith.

Day 3 is over. It is now Night 3. Night Actions are due by 9:30am on Monday.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #727
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Interesting. So dubb was playing the role of aux evil again. This puts things into a new light indeed.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #728
mckerney
Coordinator

For an explaination of my vote change, I became less convinced of my reason to suspect ardent and began to believe that ardent is a jedi, and with another candidate i the running that I was somewhat suspicious of in dubb, I decided to go with that option instead. Perhaps I made a huge mistake and lynched a jedi and let a sith go, but considering the circumstances I believed that my vote was better off being on dubb than ardent.

That said, I think we definitely need to follow cartman's lead and place high suspicion on qwikshot tomorrows lynch vote.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #729
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

sorceror role?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #730
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hmm. So the question for me is whether he was cursed, in which case I think little is learned from his action or the helper evil role in which case my suspcion is 100% back on hoops, or possibly qwik, as they would be the ones who he was willing to potentially sacrafice himself to save.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #731
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Now, I hope you will all leave me alone.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #732
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
So where's the salad shooter? I want to see results gosh darn it.

thats Master Salad Shooter!!!!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #733
hoopsguy
General Manager

So he is evil, but not Sith. 3rd faction? Dark Jedi?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #734
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting. So dubb was playing the role of aux evil again. This puts things into a new light indeed.

What is the "aux evil" in reference to? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #735
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
sorceror role?
Third option, really cursed option variant. Dubb was in the process of converting to bad guy. During the sword fight last night the resolution was dubb agreeing to be trained in the dark side. So he wasn't quite evil yet hence the line "inablity to fully harness the power of the Dark Side" in the lynch suggesting that perhaps in a future day he would become a bad guy.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #736
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
What is the "aux evil" in reference to? Thanks.
Auxurilly evil. Not a full fledged wolf, but something else. As an auxurilly evil you general win if the wolves win, but count as a villager. As posted above I see it possible for him to have either been this kind of role or cursed.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #737
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I am a jedi.
Nice try.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #738
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, pending night actions we may be heading towards that Barkeep/Hoopsguy showdown after all.

First time that we have struck at the enemies of the Jedi, so voting patterns should start to take on more value.

Assuming that the Sith knew the identity of Dubb, I would expect that mckerney vaults up the trusted list now.

Ardent moves up as well, although Dubb is crafty enough to provide cover for a Sith. Still, I'm inclined to put this as a fairly low likelihood.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #739
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't think we can assume at all that the sith knew Dubb was a bad guy unless you believe he was cursed and was the one attacked last night.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #740
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Dubb voted for Lathum the first 2 days since Lathum turned out to be a Jedi, I do not think we can learn anything from that.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #741
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, if Dubb was the one in combat last night then his blade has changed colors. And the description in Post #493 doesn't read at all like a conversion to me.

Quote:
You empty out into the galley once again to see 2 figures engaged in a furious battle. One figure appears to be the same assailant that slew EaglesFan last night, except this time, both scarlet bladed lightsabers are already out, spinning furiously.....and defensively. His opponent is wielding a shimmering blade of the brightest azure any of you have ever seen, which is appropriate, because his swordsmanship is greater than that of any Jedi you have ever seen. Each thrust and swing of his blade forces the Sith back, the scarlet blades just barely countering each deadly azure blow.

Victory seems inevitable for this incredible swordsman, when a sudden movement from his periphery distracts his attention. One of the long galley tables is soaring through the air, obviously the tool of a powerful Force Push. The table slams into the unknown Jedi, sending him flying across the room to crash into the rest of you who were in the midst of coming to his aid against the Sith. You all fall to the ground, and in the confusion and disarry, the Sith disappears down a corridor.

By the time you all reach your feet, he is gone, and as you look around at one another, there is no evidence visible as to which of you was the phenomenon with the azure lightsaber. What is evident however is that no one is missing. The Sith have failed in their murderous attempts....at least for tonight.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #742
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mckerney also voted for Dubb on Day 1 (post 229). He was the only person to vote for him prior to today, at least as the final vote. I haven't tracked all the changes, just the final votes.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #743
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am quite sure that Dubb began our journey as a Jedi, yet was corrupted by the dishonorable Sith somewhere along the way. We must guard ourselves against this evil, but also resist fear and hatred, as they will only distract us and lead us to the dark side.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #744
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Forgot about the color of the lightsabers. Good catch hoops.

So that leaves either untapped cursed or sorcerer. I guess because he was acknowledged as evil that makes sorcerer the more likely role.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #745
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

mckerney voted Qwik on day 2.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #746
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

Today, 09:13 PM #655
KWhit
Pro Rookie

Quote:
It's how he plays. Sow confusion.

I don't (and never will) understand why some villagers/jedi/whatever would play this way. I find it completely unhelpful to the rest of the good guys.

So either Ardent is a sith, or he's an unhelpful jedi keeping us from finding the sith. So he needs to go, IMO.

There was my original post that pissed you off so badly. If that offended you enough to call me a jerk, then you are far too sensitive, IMO. Oh well...

But I wonder what your thinking was. If you are a Jedi, then how does voting for yourself help us find the Sith? Unless you're the Duke and happen to know a sith to switch the vote too, I don't understand the logic of voting for yourself.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #747
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Well, pending night actions we may be heading towards that Barkeep/Hoopsguy showdown after all.

First time that we have struck at the enemies of the Jedi, so voting patterns should start to take on more value.

Assuming that the Sith knew the identity of Dubb, I would expect that mckerney vaults up the trusted list now.

Ardent moves up as well, although Dubb is crafty enough to provide cover for a Sith. Still, I'm inclined to put this as a fairly low likelihood.
When you have the auxilary role, do the bad guys usually know who that person is? Meaning, they should have known that Dubb was really on their side. Or is it something that is usually hidden from the bad guys as well?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #748
hoopsguy
General Manager

We haven't had the sorceror role in a game for awhile now. I believe the traditional rules with that is that neither side knows the identity of the other.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #749
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

It seems like I have heard the sorcerer role reffered to as a seer for the bad guys. When you say sorcerer role, what do you mean?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #750
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops is right that having neither side know the other is the most common way, but I'm 95% sure we have had games where the sorcerer knows the bad guys but the bad guys do not know the sorcerer. Might have even been game where dubb was the sorcerer and did a fake seer reveal.