Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #1101
Desnudo
Coordinator

Ok hoops, I'm curious to know your thoughts on why you and AE are both still alive at this point then. I know it must be a pain in the ass always be a suspect no matter what, but I'm curious. For example, McKerney last night instead of either one of you.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #1102
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated votes through 1099:
Taz - Ardent (1064), Taz (1066), Stkelly (1070), KWhit (1071)
Ardent - Desnudo (1081), King (1084), Penny (1085)
Hoops - Gram (1092)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #1103
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
This is what I believe, that there is a Jedi/Sith Mind Trick available in this game. I mentioned in my previous post about rereading my role, so it is time for my role reveal. I am only slightly different than the normal Jedi. The only difference between me and a normal Jedi is that I have a stronger will. I first took that as a 'I cannot be converted' role but rereading it makes me think that I won't fall for a Jedi Mind Trick (and the can't be converted part also true).

So, if true, why are you voting for yourself again?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #1104
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Good
Grammaticus I know he is good
SackAttack – good, support of Qwik, general feel
Ardent Enthusiast – good, posts content supports good also supported Qwik
StKelly52 – good, general feel
Desnudo - good, Qwik support, posted sound logic
Cartman – probably good – gut feel for a newbie

Neutral
SnDvls – Not sure, feels more good than bad
TazFTW – odd – tossed out as option by hoops, in middle of AE vote change
Kwhit – tossed out as option by Hoops
Pennywisesb – no read
Kingfc22 – no read, missed vote
JeeberD – not sure seems more bad than good

Bad
Hoopsguy – bad, not building circle as usual prolific posts w/little real content
Tanglewood – bad, odd late vote, pushed for Lathum
Barkeep49/Path – bad, left game, Path replaced

Both BK and Hoops posted Barkeeps name in place of AE and BK did not even realize it while posting. Just not the level of detail one would expect. I don’t think Sith would leave them on the table this long, period.

If you have AE as high on your trust list as you say, I would think you would have followed his lead and voted for Taz.

In trying to catch up, I've spent a lot of time on the barkeep/hoops postings, as you might imagine. I'd need to hear from barkeep to make sure (maybe after the game), but it certainly seemed to me after reading that after the initial debate that they really weren't sold on the other being bad......but the situation might help keep them both off the sith's list for the time being. And of course, knowing now that I/barkeep am/was a regular Jedi makes their exchanges read differently than it did while I was casually following along.

I'm not sold completely on hoops, but there are others that seem more worrisome to me. Tanglewood is way up there for me. I also don't know how you can have AE on your trusted list, but I guess that depends on how you view the mind control possibility -- I'm looking at the "simple" game described at the beginning and have doubts about it.

I do agree with most of the rest of your "good" list, with the exception of yourself, who I would have neutral/leaning bad right now. No offense.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #1105
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Doesn't that make it just as possible, then, that there's a Jedi role with a mind trick that could have been used last night? Possibly either to spare Qwik, or to create a tie between Qwik and you so that neither would get lynched?

Yes, it is possible. Although you are wrong about sparing Qwik, making it a tie spared me as I was the vote leader. The problem I have with a Jedi using it, is that they had to be sure that I was a Jedi. If I were in that position I would have to be positive on my ID of someone.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #1106
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, I don't think that there are more than two Sith. If that is the case, then they could have picked up by the end of Day 2 that Barkeep and I were likely to spar - he said as much prior to the night kill. As each day has gone on, there has been more heat on me just for being alive. So why would they bother taking me out if the remaining Jedi are more likely to do it for them the next day?

I'm glad I haven't been voted off the island yet because I would prefer to make the Sith have to do it themselves.

I don't know if this is their logic, but I've been working with this assumption in terms of their night kills for a couple of days now.

In terms of Ardent, I think they set him up last night with the "jedi mind trick" vote switch to create heat on him today. There is absolutely no reason to have killed him last night after taking this action against him during the Day phase.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #1107
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm starting to think Desnudo is on the Sith side as well and this may fit well with why Barkeep/Path, hoops, and myself are still alive. I could see Desnudo pulling the strings on this one.

I'm pulling the wool over your eyes, heh. You need to lay off the juice.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #1108
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point I want to keep Ardent alive another day. So I'll put my vote where I think it is most likely to be useful, rather than pursuing KWhit. I have much more confidence in Ardent as Jedi (90%) than as KWhit being Sith (35%).

VOTE TAZ
Old 03-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #1109
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I also don't know how you can have AE on your trusted list, but I guess that depends on how you view the mind control possibility -- I'm looking at the "simple" game described at the beginning and have doubts about it.

You're looking at this the wrong way, then. With sabers possibly representing roles, we've had a number of different colors.

Dubb's role, whatever it is, doesn't make this game simple to me either.

Compound that with the fact that I wanted to vote Qwikshot just 2 minutes before the deadline...when isn't it obvious I've wanted Taz gone for two days now...means this is NOT a simple game.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #1110
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
At this point I want to keep Ardent alive another day. So I'll put my vote where I think it is most likely to be useful, rather than pursuing KWhit. I have much more confidence in Ardent as Jedi (90%) than as KWhit being Sith (35%).

VOTE TAZ

Welcome to my circle.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #1111
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

I'm starting to think Desnudo is on the Sith side as well and this may fit well with why Barkeep/Path, hoops, and myself are still alive. I could see Desnudo pulling the strings on this one.

I'm pulling the wool over your eyes, heh. You need to lay off the juice.

I think you are the one that needs to lay off the juice. I think you are way off base with Taz. And I think there's a very good chance you are pulling the wool over my eyes.

If I were the Sith and the three of you were Jedi, believe me when I say that you would have been gone long ago. I learned my lesson with hoops in your Survivor game.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #1112
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, it is possible. Although you are wrong about sparing Qwik, making it a tie spared me as I was the vote leader. The problem I have with a Jedi using it, is that they had to be sure that I was a Jedi. If I were in that position I would have to be positive on my ID of someone.

Depends on who they're trying to spare.

I thought I remembered AE switching his vote from Qwik to you, which is why I say to spare Qwik (or both).

But as I say, it depends on what the Jedi are trying to accomplish, and *which* of you they're certain of.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #1113
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Depends on who they're trying to spare.

I thought I remembered AE switching his vote from Qwik to you, which is why I say to spare Qwik (or both).

But as I say, it depends on what the Jedi are trying to accomplish, and *which* of you they're certain of.

You have that reversed.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #1114
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
So, if true, why are you voting for yourself again?

I don't know. I've been hoping that my actions will cause a clear divergence. That if I were to die and revealed for as a Jedi, the remaining should be able to get a read on the Sith.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #1115
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I think you are the one that needs to lay off the juice. I think you are way off base with Taz. And I think there's a very good chance you are pulling the wool over my eyes.

If I were the Sith and the three of you were Jedi, believe me when I say that you would have been gone long ago. I learned my lesson with hoops in your Survivor game.

I think you need to take your head out of...well, you know. I'm not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. I originally tried to stay quiet in this game and was PULLED IN BY DUBB, a bad guy.

If you think I'm a bad guy, well, you need to go see a shrink.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #1116
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
You have that reversed.

Entirely possible. I was up until 2:30 last night and had to be up at 7:00 to deliver newspapers at school. I don't sleep well during the day, so I can't even take a nap.

Apologies if I had it backwards. I'm totally scatterbrained today.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #1117
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You have that reversed.

Yep, AE had his vote for me and then switched to Qwik.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #1118
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You're looking at this the wrong way, then. With sabers possibly representing roles, we've had a number of different colors.

Dubb's role, whatever it is, doesn't make this game simple to me either.

Compound that with the fact that I wanted to vote Qwikshot just 2 minutes before the deadline...when isn't it obvious I've wanted Taz gone for two days now...means this is NOT a simple game.

I think that's a fair point. The last 10 or so posts have been very interesting and are having some effect on my feelings in my previous post. It seems I have to have a small timeframe of thinking "out loud" when coming into the middle of a game.....

Straight up, how certain are you of Taz?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #1119
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Taz said a magic word earlier that has me...thinking. Maybe I ran into a jedi on my way to the galley instead of a Sith. I'll think about it.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #1120
JeeberD
General Manager

Right now I probably trust AE more than anyone else.

Vote Taz

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #1121
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Desnudo, I don't think that there are more than two Sith. If that is the case, then they could have picked up by the end of Day 2 that Barkeep and I were likely to spar - he said as much prior to the night kill. As each day has gone on, there has been more heat on me just for being alive. So why would they bother taking me out if the remaining Jedi are more likely to do it for them the next day?

I'm glad I haven't been voted off the island yet because I would prefer to make the Sith have to do it themselves.

I don't know if this is their logic, but I've been working with this assumption in terms of their night kills for a couple of days now.

In terms of Ardent, I think they set him up last night with the "jedi mind trick" vote switch to create heat on him today. There is absolutely no reason to have killed him last night after taking this action against him during the Day phase.

Why do you believe there are only two Sith?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #1122
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Ah, what the hell

UNVOTE TAZFTW

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #1123
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Why do you believe there are only two Sith?

I don't know about hoops, but aside from such an event being basically canonical, to me that idea would also mesh nicely with dubb's death. The idea that there are Dark Side-capable Jedi among us, but not necessarily every malevolent entity is Sith.

I still don't know if it's better for us if there are more or fewer Sith though. The more there are, the easier it will be to find them, but the more there are, the bigger a mess of trouble we're in right now, too.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #1124
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I think that's a fair point. The last 10 or so posts have been very interesting and are having some effect on my feelings in my previous post. It seems I have to have a small timeframe of thinking "out loud" when coming into the middle of a game.....

Straight up, how certain are you of Taz?

Here's what I know:

Taz came in somewhat late to vote me out. McKerney, a jedi, saves me. Why wasn't anyone compelled to vote for me? Because McKerney voted so late. The Sith obviously felt they had me gone.

The next day, I start out the charge on Taz. It's between Taz and Qwikshot, another jedi. I'm doing my own thing, going to the galley, and run into some guy with a hood over his head. I see his hand raise up, next thing I know, I'm fighting Qwikshot.

All I can remember about the time inbetween is wanting to vote Qwikshot.

How certain am I? Well, having a last second switch makes me pretty certain.

Tanglewood's late vote to try and seal off Qwikshot is also incredibly suspicious.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #1125
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Ah, what the hell

UNVOTE TAZFTW
I saw this coming

a

mile

away.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #1126
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you need to take your head out of...well, you know. I'm not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. I originally tried to stay quiet in this game and was PULLED IN BY DUBB, a bad guy.

If you think I'm a bad guy, well, you need to go see a shrink.

My head out of your wool? Yes Dubb accused you, but we have no idea how much he actually knew. The only thing that we know is 100% is that he was evil. I've pointed out in previous posts why I think your logic is flawed. I can see the bandwagon building, so I'll leave it rolling and then we'll see where we stand after we lynch another jedi.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #1127
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Get me lynched, I dare you. You'll kill a jedi. If the rest of the jedi don't band together and lynch afterward I'll bury my head in shame.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #1128
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Tanglewood's late vote to try and seal off Qwikshot is also incredibly suspicious.

Especially in light of having voted for you first.

If he were switching from somebody else to try and break a tie, that's one thing (god, how tired am I? 'break a tie' originally came out as 'vote a try.' ugh).

But switching from somebody he professed to believe to be a Jedi to the other potential lynchee asscheeks up against the deadline, even there I could see just a change of heart. But with the chaos over your vote switch? It's like somebody miscounted the vote.

vote Tanglewood
Old 03-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #1129
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Get me lynched, I dare you. You'll kill a jedi. If the rest of the jedi don't band together and lynch afterward I'll bury my head in shame.

Well most of the rest of the "jedi" seem to be following your lead and not mine. So good luck with what you reap.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #1130
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Can I get an updated list of who is still in the game, or perhaps a list of those that have fallen? Saldana hasn't updated post 1, and I'd like to start tracking who's voted for who today...and who hasn't voted.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #1131
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't know about hoops, but aside from such an event being basically canonical, to me that idea would also mesh nicely with dubb's death. The idea that there are Dark Side-capable Jedi among us, but not necessarily every malevolent entity is Sith.

I still don't know if it's better for us if there are more or fewer Sith though. The more there are, the easier it will be to find them, but the more there are, the bigger a mess of trouble we're in right now, too.

My doubt about there be two Sith is the setting this game is in. In the first post Saldana calls it Episode -17 and follows that up with 1000 years before Yoda/Vader/etc... Saldana also said the KOTOR games were used a source material (although I believe the KOTOR games take place 4000 years before the films). Sith are certainly more abundant in the past than at the time the movies take place, so I'm inclined to think there are more than 2.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #1132
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
My doubt about there be two Sith is the setting this game is in. In the first post Saldana calls it Episode -17 and follows that up with 1000 years before Yoda/Vader/etc... Saldana also said the KOTOR games were used a source material (although I believe the KOTOR games take place 4000 years before the films). Sith are certainly more abundant in the past than at the time the movies take place, so I'm inclined to think there are more than 2.

Right, but just as we aren't the totality of the Jedi Order, I don't believe the Sith we'd be facing to be the totality of the Sith Order.

Therefore, it makes sense to me that a Sith infiltration on the Embleton flight would be a master/apprentice situation rather than a Sith Collective.

There could be a ton of Sith, but it doesn't mean they associate with one another the same way the Jedi Council do.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #1133
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sack, cartman, path...guys, do the right thing here. Obviously we saw last night that one or more of us can be compelled to vote for someone else. We need to band together, right or wrong for one candidate. If it's a close race between two, they're going to switch the vote to their advantage.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #1134
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Right, but just as we aren't the totality of the Jedi Order, I don't believe the Sith we'd be facing to be the totality of the Sith Order.

Therefore, it makes sense to me that a Sith infiltration on the Embleton flight would be a master/apprentice situation rather than a Sith Collective.

There could be a ton of Sith, but it doesn't mean they associate with one another the same way the Jedi Council do.

Hmm, interesting. If it is the belief that dubb was the apprentice, then the Sith Master is the only one left? If so, the only way he wins is to last until there are only 2 people left? This will be one long game if is true.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #1135
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can guarantee Taz votes me today. In all likely hood, I'd guess one or two players will feel compelled to vote me tonight before the deadline. We have to keep the #1 vote getter, regardless of who, high enough to where the vote cannot be swung.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #1136
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I can guarantee Taz votes me today.

Nope.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #1137
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Hmm, interesting. If it is the belief that dubb was the apprentice, then the Sith Master is the only one left? If so, the only way he wins is to last until there are only 2 people left? This will be one long game if is true.

Forgot to add that it could be shorter if there are any conversions.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #1138
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Nope.
Then you're relying on the compelling votes. Interesting, just like yesterday.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #1139
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm not convinced dubb WAS the apprentice. Didn't his death seem to indicate an affinity for the Dark Side, but no control over it?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #1140
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Then you're relying on the compelling votes. Interesting, just like yesterday.

Nope, I'm relying on my death reveal as a Jedi to get you unanimously voted for the next day.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #1141
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sack, cartman, path...guys, do the right thing here. Obviously we saw last night that one or more of us can be compelled to vote for someone else. We need to band together, right or wrong for one candidate. If it's a close race between two, they're going to switch the vote to their advantage.

That's an interesting point.

And Taz unvoting himself makes it, if I read the count right, 4-3, making it much easier for the Sith to accomplish just that.

Hmm.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #1142
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You won't be a jedi.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #1143
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You won't be a jedi.

Yes, I will.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #1144
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
You won't be a jedi.

If you are a jedi, then your deductive skills need work.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #1145
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Yes, I will.
Only if you stolen some clothing.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #1146
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
If you are a jedi, then your deductive skills need work.
If you're a jedi, you're doing a terrible job of it.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #1147
Poli
FOFC Survivor

AE's Hit List:
1. Taz
2. Desnudo
3. Tanglewood

Remember this if I'm gone due to some compelling votes from the lynch.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #1148
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
If you're a jedi, you're doing a terrible job of it.

I could say the same for you.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #1149
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I could say the same for you.
I think you did, dork.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #1150
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you did, dork.

No, I said your deductive skills need work.