Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

A Recruits Story (TCY/FOF)

OOC: Fight on You Thunderbirds experienced a fatal crash, to where I could not recover the file to continue the dynasty. This is going to take it's place, however, I am following two high schools now, one in the west and one in the east. It might make for some tough record keeping, but I think it allows for a cool story.

Sitting in my office, pondering, what started this recruiting service. It didn't seem that long ago when I was just a father watching a son play football when this idea popped into my head.

Why not track a recruits progress, not just his high school but if he moves on to somewhere else (The NFL, AFL, CFL) why not follow him there as well. But the way has to be unique, it has to be different. It shouldn't be told in my eyes or your eyes. It HAS to be told in their eyes. How are they feeling? Do they have a girlfriend? How is school going? Are they satisfied with the process? Their place on the team?

Later on that night, I am in my office sitting at my desk with eyes that are red and strained from staring at a computer monitor all night. No one has ever done anything like this and I think if I picked two schools to follow, they would be ones that have meaning to me. The hardest part was getting the players to follow along. So I pick the two schools I am going to work with and get a hold of the coaches and the players to start.

They were interesting conversations but I now have my first little bit, I get the blog built and everything ready.

Timpview High School (Good Athletic Prep and Excellent Academic Prep) has been a force in Utah athletics since its establishment in 1978. In its first year of existence, the Timpview girl's tennis team won the school's first state championship along with the boy's baseball team later that year. Timpview has recorded six state championships in basketball, most recently in 2010 under head coach Perry Wildeboer.
Due to Timpview's recent athletic successes, many rivals have surfaced for the Thunderbirds. The most notable is Provo High School, located only a few miles south of Timpview's campus. Due to their proximity to one another, many Timpview students and athletes are closely affiliated with their Provo rivals, adding to the rivalry's passion and competitiveness
Football has become a staple of Timpview athletics as well, with seven state championships since 1986. Led by coach Louis Wong, Timpview has achieved the Utah State record for the most consecutive victories, staying undefeated since their third game in 2006 against Lone Peak; the record now stands at 36 straight victories, destroying the previous record of 29.In November 2009, they held the State title for the fourth straight year. Timpview Football was ranked 21st in the nation, based on their three-peat in the 2008 State Championship. Timpview also currently holds a 20-game winning streak over their crosstown rivals, Provo High School.
Timpview has put players into the NFL over its 23-year history.
  • Lance Reynolds - Center for the Seattle Seahawks
  • Brett Engemann - Quarterback for the Oakland Raiders
Timpview coaches have also come from professional backgrounds.
  • Head coach Louis Wong played on the 1984 BYU National Championship Team and was drafted as an offensive lineman by the Cardinals in 1985
  • Linebacker coach Cary Whittingham was drafted as a linebacker by the Cincinnati Bengals in 1986.

Also known as Clarence Central High School or, formerly, Clarence Senior High School, Clarence High School (Very Good Athletic Prep and Excellent Academic Prep) is a public institution for grades 9–12 located in the community of Clarence, New York. Located at 9625 Main Street, Clarence NY, 14031, this school offers many courses and extracurricular activities, that prepare students for secondary education, or future careers. Academic subjects emphasize Regents, Honors and Advanced Placement courses. Electives are offered ranging from art to technology. There are over 30 extracurricular options that provide ample opportunities for students to expand socially.

Mark Murphy, Co-captain of Super Bowl XVII Champions Washington Redskins, Pro Bowl 1982 and 1983. Graduated in 1973. Current President and CEO, Green Bay Packers is an alumni of Clarence High School.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-26-2011 at 08:29 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Meet the Recruits

Welcome to the blog, A Recruits Story, where we are going to chronicle the story of recruits from their recruiting process, through college and if they make it to the pro's onto their life there. It is taking a twist though, this is through their eyes, they are going to talk about it, they are going to let you the reader get a perspective that not a lot of people get. The choice few who move on to play football.

Timpview QB Kim Gillespie, 6'0" 178 lbs, Kim isn't ranked nationally by Rivals as a top player, but he is 62nd nationally in his position of being a QB. He is the 62nd best player in the state of Utah and the number 1 QB from the State. He is carrying a 3.95 GPA and a 1512 test score. He plays the violin, and is hoping to major in Music. He is rated as a 45/100 and should see interest right out of the gates. Staying close to home and academics are what Kim is looking for.

Timpview FB Brady Peabody, 6'0" 215 lbs, Brady is going to be a bit of a question mark and he knows this as well. He is ranked 52d overall in the state of Utah by Rivals.com and is the 2nd best FB in the state. He carries a 3.30 GPA and a 1323 test score. He does have some aspirations on the academic side and is looking to major in Random Number Theory. He is rated 26/100 Brady knows football isn't going to be the end all for him so he is more concerned about academics, but he does want to stay close to home if he can.

Clarence DE Sean Prill, 6'5" 252 lbs, Sean is a bruiser and is going to be one of the top players ever recruited out of Clarence High School. Rivals.com has him ranked 524th nationally, the 55th overall DE in the nation. He is 47th best player in the state and here is one that may shock you, he is the 6th best DE in the state of New York. He has a 3.70 GPA, test score of 1549 and is looking to major in Medicine. Staying close to home and playing for a prestigious team is what he is looking for. He is rated 56/100
Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 2

Timpview QB Kim Gillespie
When coach called me into his office and had this gentleman on the phone and was going over this entire process, I was thinking when will I have the time? But then once I thought it through I was thinking this would be more therapy than anything else for me. Our first week out was a dead period really. No contact was coming from anyone, then heading into this week I have been contacted by a couple of schools. Kentucky is trying to talk me into preferred walk-on status with them. Utah State, an in state school has called and offered me a scholarship and invited me up to visit. I am considering it as they are not the best in my major.

High School Stats
6 Games Played
31/68 418 yards 4 TD 1 INT

Timpview FB Brady Peabody
Coach and this crazy guy wants to cover the recruiting process I am game, but I told them I seriously doubt anyone is going to want me. Right now it's all Div II and III schools that are calling. I am hoping for one DIV I to contact me...I would probably take preferred walk-on somewhere.

High School Stats
6 Games Played
29 carries, 117 yards, 3 TDs
11 receptions, 87 yards, 4 TDs

Clarence DE Sean Prill
I figured this wouldn't hurt me that much if I did this, but I also think it has helped as more teams from all over have contacted me than I thought would. Illinois and Stanford have contacted me, no offer from them yet. New Mexico has contacted me as well and offered a scholarship plus invited me out to visit. Honestly, I don't think I will waste one of my 5 visits on them as their Medicine program is not the best.

High School Stats
6 Games Played
43 Tackles, 6 Sacks

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-26-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 3

Wow, I truly can't believe this. Some of the hype and buzz that has spun around with my name lately has been shocking. Nothing shocked me more than getting a phone call from the head coach of Mississippi State, he was wanting me to walk-on to their program with preferred status.

Then a somewhat close school, UNLV called and paid me a visit this week. They want me to visit their campus and I am thinking about it. Their music program isn't the greatest but I can work with it.

High School Stats
7Games Played
36/81 493 yards 4 TD 1 INT
2 carries for 18 yards

It hasn't been active from the Div I programs in recruiting me. I am getting some noise from the Div II and Div III programs out there. The Div II's have scholarships to offer, but my grades are enough I can get one academically.

High School Stats
7 Games Played
39 carries, 136 yards, 3 TDs
12 receptions, 98 yards, 4 TDs

Clarence DE Sean Prill
I didn't bat an eye when the Syracuse head coach called and wanted me to trip up there. My family hopped into the van and made the drive up. Spoke with the coach, he wowed me with the team prestige factor and then I took a tour of their medical program and that shocked me to the point I gave a verbal to Syracuse on the spot. I may still listen to other offers and options out there, but Syracuse fits everything for me right now.

High School Stats
7 Games Played
52 Tackles, 6.5 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 4

It's turning into a rough season for me at school. My OL is decimated and I am not able to get anything off. I am running for my life and throwing passes way to early to avoid the sacks. No other school has contacted me this week and I am still thinking about my initial contacts. I may just have to visit UNLV.

High School Stats
8 Games Played
38/88 523 yards 4 TD 1 INT

Shockingly Snow College contacted me asked me to come down and visit which I promptly did. They had an amazing program in Random Number Theory and their team is pretty prestigious as well. I am really leaning towards this program. Their coach was honest and upfront with me though. They have 1 scholarship offer to give out to a FB and he has now offered to 3. The first one to take it, get's it. I respect that.

High School Stats
8 Games Played
45 carries, 154 yards, 3 TDs
11 receptions, 87 yards, 4 TDs

Clarence DE Sean Prill
The rumor of me giving a verbal to Syracuse proliferated around the state and to other coaches this week as no one paid any attention to me. I also took an injury this week in practice and was very limited in practice and the game, although we destroyed the team we played.

High School Stats
7 Games Played
53 Tackles, 6 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 5

So Snow College calls me up and asks me to trip down there and I immediately do. It's so close and can be done in a day. Plus Dad and I hit the canyon on the way down and fished for a bit. While there they talked to me about my playing time and said I would be given a chance to compete for the starting spot after I had my red shirt my freshman year. That was a nice gesture, but I don't know if it's right for me.

High School Stats
9 Games Played
39/91 536 yards 4 TD 1 INT

I am still weighing that offer for Snow, it's great and all. A chance to play at a Division I program. But I do have a Academic / Athletic scholarship offer from a Div II school I seriously have to think about. I managed to get a touch dinged up here in my final week of a game.

High School Stats
9 Games Played
55 carries, 249 yards, 3 TDs
16 receptions, 140 yards, 5 TDs

Clarence DE Sean Prill
Georgia Tech contacted me this week. Not to much of an interesting conversation other than they were talking preferred walk-on status and I informed him off the Syracuse offer. Their coach informed me they are deep at the DE position and I would be sliding into the rotation 2 years down the road and it wasn't with a guarantee at all. I appreciated the honesty but it's not where I want to be.

High School Stats
9 Games Played
65 Tackles, 7.5 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 6

So I decided to take Utah State up on their visit request. It was decent, but nothing major. They have a great team, the coach is good and the team can play well but their Music program isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Wake Forest called coach this week and I returned their call. It looks like they want me to walk-on to their team.

High School Stats
9 Games Played

It's getting to the point I am no longer thinking about the Snow College offer as more and more "enticements" if that's what you would call them, from the DIV II schools are coming in. Nothing illegal per say, just the scholarship offers, locations and such are a lot better than Snow. To be honest, I know my place in football and I know where I would be at with Snow and it doesn't appeal to me.

High School Stats
9 Games Played

Clarence DE Sean Prill
A second PAC-10 school contacted me today. Washington, it does bring out some interesting concepts of playing out in the Northwest. I have never been there and I am seriously listening to what they have to say.

High School Stats
9 Games Played
65 Tackles, 7.5 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 7

This is getting stressful for me and the lack of offers coming in are concerning to me. So I call up UNLV and tell their coach I will trip down this week. It was a good visit. Their music program is ok, but not the best while their team is known but not where it could be. Looking at their depth chart it looks like I could have a chance to play in a year or two, but not right out of the gates.

High School Stats
9 Games Played

I call Snow College and tell them I am not interested right now and I am moving on to a Div II school and their coach told me to hang on with that thought and wondered if I would be willing to meet with him next week. I said sure thing. Looks like we are getting a home visit from Snow.

High School Stats
9 Games Played

Clarence DE Sean Prill
I took a little to long in letting Stanford know as they dropped their offer of preferred walk-on status to me. That's fine as I have the 2 scholarship offers still. Not to mention Michigan State just contacted me as well. New Mexico has been great to me, very upfront, outgoing and just persistent so I tell them I will trip out there this weekend.

It was a great visit, but their Medicine program is nowhere near where I need one to be for me. I don't think it will be a good fit for me.

High School Stats
9 Games Played
65 Tackles, 7.5 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 8

Well right now I am looking at trying to decide between USU, UNLV and Snow...and having to pick the best of the bunch I am leaning towards UNLV.

High School Stats
9 Games Played

I met with Snows coach this week at my home and he was trying to give me a better pitch. My research I have done turned up the fact one of the other FB's spurned him and choose another school and the other they offered is leaning another way. They are desperate, and he shows it in his recruiting pitch. I tell him I will think about it and let them know next week.

High School Stats
9 Games Played

Clarence DE Sean Prill
Now the offers are coming in and I am busy this week. Purdue offered and requested I visit, which I promptly do and then Washington came up with an offer and a visit and I choose to go there. I am considering Michigan State right now, and it is a preferred walk-on as they have the best of both worlds I am looking for. I do have 1 visit left and I am weighing heavily on that.

High School Stats
9 Games Played
65 Tackles, 7.5 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 9

Westminster College contacts me, offers a scholarship and I visit their campus since they are so close to home. It was an ok visit and I came away uninspired with their Music program. I have 1 more visit left and I am hoping I get contacted by a great school and I am able to take that visit. If not I will more than likely select Utah State

High School Stats
9 Games Played

I contacted the coach at Snow College and told them thanks but I think I am going to move on to a DIV II school. He understood and thanked me for being upfront and honest with him.

High School Stats
9 Games Played

Clarence DE Sean Prill
It had been a rough week as some of the coaches were calling and putting the clamp on me, and pushing kind of tough, then a call came from a program I haven't even thought about. Minnesota. They asked me to visit the campus and I said why not. My mom and I went to their campus and walked away extremely impressed with Minnesota's Medical Program. Their football team isn't to shabby as well. It also looks like I will get to start my sophomore season. Coach was honest when he said I needed some seasoning but if I come in and work hard I will get the chance to compete in rotation. On the flight home my mom and I spoke, we discussed a lot of things and by the time we landed in Buffalo, I had made up my mind. I called all the coaches and told them I had made a decision and I would be announcing it here on the blog (This should drive traffic!). So here it is everyone...I will be attending....

Minnesota Golden Gophers

High School Stats
9 Games Played
65 Tackles, 7.5 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - Week 10

Well as a quarterback I was hoping to beat Sean to the punch on decisions with a school. My girlfriend Bonnie is heading to Southern Utah University down in Cedar City and I guess she contacted their head coach and told him about me. He knew but didn't think I would be willing to visit. He gave me a call and I tripped down there when we took her down apartment hunting. He gave me an offer right there on the spot, showed me the depth chart and said I have a chance to compete out of the gates, he leverage Bonnie as well.

I spoke with Bonnie a lot on my drive back home from Cedar and by the time we got there she had me talked into it. Looks like I have a new room mate, I don't think my mom will be pleased as I am going to attend......

Southern Utah University
High School Stats
9 Games Played

Clarence DE Sean Prill

Minnesota Golden Gophers

High School Stats
9 Games Played
65 Tackles, 7.5 Sacks
Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2004 Season - End of Season

As we draw the 2004 season to a close we have 2 out of our 3 athletes that have accepted spots on Div I rosters. Brad through us for a loop selecting a DIV II offer but it was the right move for him. We now have some talent to follow through in the future and it looks like we might have some additional talent to follow next season as well.

For those who are just logging in for the first time, our first ever recruits we followed are below and the schools they have chosen:

Southern Utah University
High School Stats
9 Games Played

Clarence DE Sean Prill

Minnesota Golden Gophers

High School Stats
9 Games Played
65 Tackles, 7.5 Sacks

LSU took VT down, 48-6, in the Championship Game to be crowned the National Champions.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Meet the Players

We had some great traffic last season and a lot of advertising requests on our blog so we are going to keep this thing rolling. It looks like our 2 college athletes are excited to keep you up to date as our new potentials are as well.

The Recruits:

Timpview C Bernie Ackerman, 6'4" 265 lbs, Bernie is ranked 65th nationally in his position as a center. Rivals.com has him as the 7th best player in the state and the number 1 center in state. He manages a 3.67 GPA and a 1573 Test score. He hopes to major in Electrical Engineering and he wants to focus on Academics and Prestige. The Rivals.com scout has him rated at 45/100.

Clarence RB Chester Blouch, 5'11" 182 lbs, Chester is the 7th best running back in New York. He has a 3.72 GPA and a 1431 test score. He is looking to major in Spanish. He is focusing on Academics and Distance in his search. Rivals.com scout has him ranked 36/100.

His High School Stats coming into the season:
4 Games Played
86 for 360 3 TD
8 for 61 and 2 TD
18 Tackles, 1 sack

Our Current Players:

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (11/62)
The decision to come to Southern Utah was frowned upon by my mom as she seen it as me chasing a skirt to school. Dad had a different take on it as we looked at the roster and talent and picked it to be probably one of the best areas for me to start.

The competition for QB was fierce and everyone was close, but the coach was right, I need some refining and rather than waste a year of eligibility he convinced me that redshirting would be the best.

The QB competition was covered by the student paper and they painted me as the future QB of the program. It was a very positive article and I am taken care of on campus by the student body. School is solid as I am taking Education, German, Accounting, Statistics, Music and I am looking to double major in Education and Music and become a high school music teacher. Bonnie and I are living together and I would honestly have to say, life is nice right now.

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (18/71)
Coming into this school I thought that the New York attitude and straight forward approach would work. It didn't, I burned some bridges with people out of the gate and I am working on fixing that. I knew I would be taking a redshirt this season after the first day of practice. The depth in front of me is talented and I have some work to do to get myself there.

Coach is kind of upset with me as I have decided to take some of the tougher classes out there and I am looking to become a radiologist. My classes are Sociology, Nuclear Engineering, Architecture, Psychology and Medicine.

I think I will be ok here. Homesickness sets in every once in a while, but I have football and school to keep me busy.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #14
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 1

The Recruits:

Timpview C Bernie Ackerman
I followed Kim and Brads process pretty intently and I thought I would take this chance. Kim bagged on the OL last season and he had every right to, I was hurt as well as 2 other starters.

My recruiting starts out pretty intense as Dixie State College contacted me and offered a scholarship. I like the fact they have 2 players from Timpview on their roster which now has me considering their offer to visit.

Westminster College in downtown Salt Lake City has contacted me as well. They have provided a scholarship offer as well as invited me to visit.

Clarence RB Chester Blouch
Not being ranked nationally or one of the top players of the state I am not to sure where I am going to land. I mean, being the 7th best running back in a state like New York has to mean something right?

I guess it does as Cincinnati contacted me and offered preferred walk-on status, The College of Eastern Utah had contacted me as well. Where the hell is Price, Utah anyway?

Louisiana-Lafayette is the first school to offer me a scholarship. I am seriously considering a visit to their school.

High School Stats coming into the season:
5 Games Played
108 for 422 3 TD
13 receptions for 11 yards and 2 TD
25 Tackles, 1.5 sacks

Our Current Players:

Since our current players are red-shirts we thought we would have them update you on life and where they are at when grades come out on Week 4, Week 8 and Week 12. If they lose their shirt and play before then, we will let you know and they will provide an update if/when that happens.

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (11/62) - Redshirt

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (18/71) - Redshirt
Old 01-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 2

The Recruits:

The 2 offers out of the gates have been all that has happened so far. When Dixie's coach mentioned he had 2 former Timpview guys on the roster I had to check them out.

RB Austin Hairston graduated right before I came to Timpview as a frosh. He wasn't well thought of in the school. He was more of a talented slacker than anything else and it looks like he is going the same way at Dixie.

DE Neal Lindsay was a beast my soph year at Timpview and from all intense purposes it sill looks like he is and is the best DE on their squad.

It is nice to see alumni do well. It is making me lean towards Dixie even more.

It was a quiet week as no one else came out of the gates to contact or offer. I am still pondering some things in regards to the ULL offer. I don't know if I can do Louisiana and be a sane man when I am done. It's the only thing I am thinking about right now.

6 Games played
134 carries for 551 yards, 4 TD
14 receptions for 123 yards, 2 TD
32 Tackles, 1.5 sacks

Our Current Players:

Since our current players are red-shirts we thought we would have them update you on life and where they are at when grades come out on Week 4, Week 8 and Week 12. If they lose their shirt and play before then, we will let you know and they will provide an update if/when that happens.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #16
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 3

The Recruits:

Rutgers contacted me and right now their offer is so far a preferred walk-on status. I also had USU-Vernal call and offer me a scholarship and a visit which I am considering.

Utah Valley University has called and offered a scholarship and a visit as well. They are the closest to me so far but I don't know if I want to be that close to home. I mean, I could live at home and still be taken care of while I go to school.

I am starting to get frustrated as the schools aren't contacting and I really do not want to go to ULL, it's just not the right fit for me. Coach has told me to be patient, they will come in here soon.

7 Games Played
156 carries for 690 yards, 4 TD
15 receptions for 134 yards, 2 TD
34 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks

Our Current Players:

Old 01-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 4

The Recruits:

After talking things over with my dad and mom I did decide to visit Utah Valley University and they a great Electrical Engineering program and their football program has been doing well lately. Looks like they have the edge for me right now.

UConn has also contacted me and expressed interest in my talents as well. Let's see if they can pony up a scholarship too.

Well coach was right as usual. I waited and this week they arrived. Central Michigan contacted me to see if I would be interested in their school.

College of Eastern Utah offered me a scholarship and I am still trying to figure out where Price, Utah is on a map.

Weber State another school out of Utah has offered me a scholarship as well.

This is interesting, I might be heading to Utah for a few visits, I wonder if I can have multiple girlfriends if I go out there.

8Games Played
177 carries for 750 yards, 4 TD
17 receptions for 174 yards, 2 TD
39 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks

Our Current Players:

School has been going pretty good for me. I have one C and that's in my education class. I have B's in all my other classes currently. Coach has me in the film room more than anything right now helping me get up to speed so I am ready next season. I want this season to be over with so I can get out there and start and have 4 years to prove to the scouts I am worth it.

Coach has me in the gym bulking up, increasing my strength and speed. He wants me ready to go next season. My grades aren't hurting either as I am doing quite well in school. I have a B+ in Sociology and all my other classes I have A's.

I haven't watched a football game without being suited up for years and it's painful. Especially with us at 2-0, I want to be crucial in wins instead of a cheerleader.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 5

The Recruits:

What a busy week as the phone did not seem to stop ringing. I received a contact for interest from Central Florida. I also had San Jose State contact for interest as well.

Rutgers got back with me today with an invite and scholarship offer that I am considering. I also had local school, USU-Vernal contact and offer a scholarship and a visit.

Pretty crazy, I think I need to take the Rutgers visit but I will have to talk it over with my parents to make sure it's the right thing to do.

Well, no new contacts this week as I am considering the 3 offers for visit I have with CEU, ULL and Weber State.

I have finally found CEU on a map and Weber State as well. My internet research found that their Spanish programs are Very Good. I will more than likely check them out.

9 Games Played
193 carries for 828 yards, 8 TD
18 receptions for 199 yards, 2 TD
41 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks

Our Current Players:

Old 01-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #19
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 6

The Recruits:

So College of Eastern Utah has contacted me and offered preferred walk-on status. My dad went there so I am considering it, Alumni tuition and what not going on with that. Plus their Electrical Engineering program is very good.

Weber State also contacted me and offered a visit and a scholarship. That leaves almost every in state school contacting me. I just need BYU, Utah and USU and we will round it out.

Another new school came in with an offer this week. Tulsa. And right now they are competing with two of the Utah schools for me and I am leaning towards taking a trip to Oklahoma and visiting Tulsa.

9 Games Played
41 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks

Our Current Players:

Old 01-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 7

The Recruits:

I did not get contacted this week by any schools which was perfect. It allows me to sit with my parents and work on the list and decide who I want to use my 4 remaining campus visits on.

What a busy week. I decided to trip to Utah and Oklahoma. I started with a visit to College of Eastern Utah. What a unique campus in an old mining city. They just brought back the football program and it is doing quite well.

Weber State was my next visit and it was more of a reminder of home and some of the rougher spots of Buffalo. They have a good Spanish program and the team is doing ok.

From Utah we flew to Tulsa. Wow..the program has me in awe. A great Spanish program, and even better football program has me considering Tulsa and putting them up to number one on my list.

9 Games Played
41 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks

Our Current Players:

Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 8

The Recruits:

This week was emotional, exciting and a decision was made. College of Eastern Utah came in after my visit with an offer.

I sat down with my mom and dad and we discussed a lot of the pro's and con's with each school that offered. When it was all said and done we made a decision. I am proud to announce I will be playing football at

College of Eastern Utah

I enjoyed my trips out to Utah and Oklahoma enough that I accepted the trip to Louisiana to visit ULL. They have been extremely patient with me from the get go. Honestly, they have a good football program, their Spanish program has something to be desired.

9 Games Played
41 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks

Our Current Players:

School has been going well. Bonnie has me whipped....into shape and rearing to play next season. I have a B- in Education and a B in German, meanwhile I have A's in Accounting, Stats and Music.

I am still studying with coach and going over game film and working with them on my mechanics.

Well, I tried to make amends with a few of the people I offended and it just went south. Looking at things it's ok, I will just have to make some friends with my play on the field next season. School is school, I have a B+ in Psychology and A's in all my other classes.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
StLee
High School Varsity

Your dynasties are making me regret not making my first dynasty a TCY/FOF dynasty. I just thought it would take too much effort to propel my TCY dynasty (currently sitting around 2004???) into the 2020s.

But I like what you're doing. In the future, I'll consider doing something similar. It's a lot more interactive than me just writing college narratives.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #23
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 Season - Week 9

The Recruits:

College of Eastern Utah

Well, the trip to ULL was memorable for me. It helped me solidify my decision on where I wanted to play ball. My mom traveled with me again, and Louisiana scared her, I don't know why. The decision I made was truly focused on their Spanish program and how excellent it was.

I am going to play football for...

Tulsa Golden Hurricanes

Our Current Players:

Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #24
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
Your dynasties are making me regret not making my first dynasty a TCY/FOF dynasty. I just thought it would take too much effort to propel my TCY dynasty (currently sitting around 2004???) into the 2020s.

But I like what you're doing. In the future, I'll consider doing something similar. It's a lot more interactive than me just writing college narratives.

Thanks, the blog type style hit me last night when I started this and I am liking the flow it has taken for me. The scary part I think with the decision to follow 2 schools is the stat tracking. I might only be able to get a week or two of sims in a day when I can.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #25
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2005 End of Season

We roll to a close with the 2005 season. It managed to show 2 recruits hit the big time with 2 Division I schools.

We saw Timpview High C Bernie Ackerman sign with College of Eastern Utah and their resurrected football program.

College of Eastern Utah

We also witnessed a running back that wasn't even nationally recognized get attention and offers from multiple Division I programs and he moved onto a high powered offense with Tulsa.

Tulsa Golden Hurricanes

Our Current Players:

With our current players that signed on last season, they both had hopes of being starters going into the programs but realized the game was to fast and needed a season to grow and learn.

Kim managed a 4.0 GPA while learning the fundamentals of the offense and keeping his girlfriend Bonnie happy. He was also happy with life in general and content with the way he is involved with the team.

Sean pulled a 3.94 GPA just missing straight A's with an A- in Sociology. He is fairly happy with what is going on and has been mentoring with one of the seniors on how to play the DE spot.

USC kicks the game winning field goal to beat Notre Dame in OT and take the National Championship.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #26
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Good stuff here!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Good read!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #28
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Meet the Players

The 2006 season sees one potential recruit coming onto the scene. He is in a position that isn't widely recruited and is generally not given a scholarship, a kicker. This may be our first potential preferred walk-on.

The Recruits:

Timpview K Spencer Elliot, 5'11" 180 lbs, Spencer is the 71st ranked kicker nationally, the 32nd ranked player by Rivals.com in the state of Utah and the number 1 kicker in the state. He has also maintained a 3.59 GPA, a test score of 1410 and started an explorer scout troop dedicated to criminal justice which ties perfectly with the fact he hopes to major in Jurisprudence. He wants to stay close to home with a good academic program. Rivals.com scout has him rated 42/100.

The Current Players:

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS So 16/62)
Kim is settling in fine and has the potential to be the backup QB to a 5th year senior. He is working hard and focusing on being the heir apparent. He is still with Bonnie and happy with his life. He is enrolled to take the following classes: English, Music, Jurisprudence, Psychology and Electrical Engineering.

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (RS So 23/72)
Sean is looking to be in the rotation at the DE spot. He is the future for Minnesota at the DE and will need the playing time to solidify this. Still no girlfriend around but he is looking and he has registered for Architecture, History, French, Business and Medicine.

College of Eastern Utah C Bernie Ackerman (FR 2/53)
Bernie came out of Timpview as a hot commodity with a lot of the Utah schools. He has to talent to be a great center for CEU. There are only 2 centers on the roster and he will be learning as the season goes. The classes he is enrolled in are Nuclear Engineering, Statistics, Psychology, Education and Electrical Engineering.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (FR 16/47)
Chester is buried a bit right now on the roster and is being redshirted this season. If he picks up the game and works hard he might be able to start. In the meantime he has enrolled in the following classes: Dentistry, English, Spanish, Business and Education.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #29
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 1

The Recruits:

Timpview K Spencer Elliot
When I was contacted by coach and the guy doing this site I was slightly shocked. The first thought that entered my mind was, don't they know I am a kicker. But then I realized that they are into this for the newness and the popularity. I know what Bernie and Kim got from this and I am just hoping the pub helps with recruiting.

I haven't had any contact by any Division I schools yet but the Division II's are knocking my door down.

The Current Players:

Wow, what can I say? The senior that did have one year of eligibility was supposed to go didn't, he wasn't graded well enough with any of the pro teams and decided to hang around. This puts my plans of starting in a little bit of a bind. Coach knows I am not to happy about it but right now I will be able to make do for now.

It was a better rotation than coach promised, I was only thinking a few plays here and there to spell the seniors while they need a breather. Coach had different plans for me. I was rotating constantly and boy is it faster in the game than I thought it would be. I did end up getting a tackle, rang my bell a bit but knocked the fog out of me. We ended up beating Mississippi State 34-20.

One thing is for sure, I am not ready for this game yet. I am not ready for the different coverages, stunts and schemes but I am thrown to the wolves. I was able to get into the game for a few plays as our starting center tweaked his knee. Thankfully I didn't screw up and make the wrong calls. It didn't matter much as we dropped the game to SDSU 27-21.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (FR 16/47) - Redshirt
If this follows anything like last season you won't hear from me until week 4 due to the redshirt I have. But I am buried deep on a depth chart with some talent. The one thing that is keeping my mind off of it is my girlfriend Pam. I met her when I arrived, first day of school, she is an English major and was in my English class.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #30
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Good stuff here!

Thanks...I will be updating tonight!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #31
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 2

The Recruits:

While I am happy to be performing as well as I am in high school, right now it's not bringing me anything in way of DIV I offers. I wish it would and I am only hoping so.

The Current Players:

I did everything I could to pull ahead of the competition during last week and I was able to. Coach has given me the starting nod for my first ever college game! It was a a great feeling. I know I didn't get the win against 18th ranked Colorado State, but i also did not make any mistakes and scored my first 2 TD's

Game Stats:
12/24 for 135 yards, 2 TDs
1 Sack for - 6 yards
5 rushes for 14 yards

I guess coached was impressed with the way I performed last week because he upped the rotation and I got in a lot with our blowout win against Hawaii. I managed to hit their QB pretty hard and it was a pretty good head rattler.

Game Stats:
2 Tackles
4 Assisted Tackles
1.5 Sacks
1 Tackle for Loss
37 Plays

Nothing major happened this week for me. We had a BYE and I was honestly focused on picking up the offense and blocking schemes even more.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #32
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 3

The Recruits:

Again, nothing from the Div I schools schools but the Div II and Div III are calling non stop. It's getting pretty serious and I am looking at more than likely going that route.

The Current Players:

Wow! What an amazing feeling! I get my first win as a starting QB in college and it was pretty convincing. We took down Middle Tennessee State. I did exactly what coach asked and not lose the game with stupid mistakes.

Game Stats:
13/16 for 147 yards, 1 TD
2 rushes for 1 yard

We sat around and I worked with one of the seniors at DE fine tuning some of my rush moves and getting to the QB. I have a tendency to not breakdown and crash on the QB or RB and not contain.

A disappointing blow out loss to Central Florida kept me from getting more playing time. This game I managed to break through the defensive line and get to the linebackers and as I was lined up to knockdown their lb, he ducked the block.

1 KRO
5 Pply
2 Rply

Old 01-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #33
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Really enjoying this dynasty.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #34
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Really enjoying this dynasty.

Thanks! It is fun and I am happy you are enjoying it!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #35
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 4

The Recruits:

Not much to follow up with, I figured I wouldn't be the best one to follow, but I am more than likely going to one of the several Div II schools that are pursuing me.

The Current Players:

I knew I would have a game like this one. I figured it would be this game as well. Facing off against #6 Virginia Tech was pretty brutal. I took a beating all game, I did manage to evade most of the sack attempts. While doing so I did throw the ball up in the air and had 2 INTs. It was an ugly loss to them.

Game Stats:
7/17 for 55 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
1 Sack for -6 yards
3 rushes for 18 yard

We have had a pretty good run so far this season and it ended in a hurry. Baylor took one from us in the 4th qtr. Coach has found the right rotation with us on the defensive line.

3 Tackles
1 Assist
30 Plays

Well, we now know how much I have to learn at playing this position after this game. Kansas State showed me exactly how fast and strong they are. I gave up 2 sacks this game. It was frustrating, I wasn't able to snap my hips around in time to solidify my blocks.

2 Sacks Allowed
19 Pply
12 Rply

Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #36
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 5

The Recruits:

For right now I have given a verbal to Williams & Mary as they have made the best offer out there for me. I know if given the chance I will accept a Div I school.

The Current Players:

This might be a bit longer than most of the other posts, because it might be one of the last ones I make. I have never experienced something so painful in my life. You see, I tore my ACL this game. I was on a roll, 3/3 and 38 yards. It was a blindside hit, where I planted as I threw that third pass, as I went down, my knee stayed where it was at. There was a loud pop followed by a searing pain, and a dry scream erupted from my throat.

According to the doc I am out for at least 44 weeks and he isn't 100% sure I will ever return.

I am pushing straight B's right now with class. I am sitting here right now with my leg in a wrap, and I go through surgery at the end of the week.

We met a buzz saw this week and it was called Ohio State, the #1 ranked team in the country. They hit us hard and we dropped the game 52-0. I got in on the standard rotation and wasn't that outstanding, heck, none of us were in this game.

2 Tackle
.5 sack
1 Tackle for Loss
36 Plays

I managed to piss coach off with my play last game and he kept me out of this game and potentially others. He wants me to prove to him I know what the hell I am doing. Those were his words, not mine.

School life is going good for me. My girlfriend Pam is kind of keeping me focused on school. I am sporting 3 C's and 2 A's. I know my coach has scheduled most of my football time to be focused on my studies and the gym...Pam is taking me away from the studies as she likes what is happening from the gym.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #37
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I haven't forgot this...I am out on the road for work and I haven't had the time to update this.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #38
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ok, I am home...I have a new laptop, everything is copied over and this is ready to be updated tonight....I can't wait!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #39
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 6

The Recruits:

No change here for me. I am happy and content being where I am at though, I am looking at living in the Dorms at W&M.

The Current Players:

Depressing, there isn't much else to say. The surgery went off without a hitch, and I hope to be ready to come back and play next season...I hope I can. Doc says its probable.

Coach wasn't happy with the way things went last week and he kept the starters in for most of the game. I managed to get in for a total of 9 plays and I didn't create on single stat in the time I was on the field.

Good thing it's a bye week. I need to learn this offense better than I have been.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-10-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #40
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 7

The Recruits:

And as the season winds down I have received a couple of calls. One from San Diego State inviting me to walk on, the other from Snow College, inviting me to walk on as well. Snow has the better law school than SDSU. I am going to trip to Snow, we will see if San Diego offers me a trip as well.

The Current Players:

Well, the knee hurts like hell and it is very tough to sit on the sidelines with the knee in a brace and on crutches, but I am doing my best to help the team out as I am working with the QB's and explaining what I see. I know I am only a Soph, but I was the starter.

I managed to somewhat get back into a little better rotation but no much. I was out there for around 20 plays and managed 1 tackle. I hope to hell I can get some more playing time. I know we are getting our asses kicked, but bring in your talent to help out instead of being so stubborn to keep me on the bench.

6 plays and they were run plays. It helped me pick up the calls better and I do not have to worry about shifting the line for blocking assignments. I did have a KRO but managed to blow that opportunity.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #41
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 8

The Recruits:

Still trying to see if SDSU offers something different than a walk-on, hell at least get me to trip out.

The Current Players:

It's pretty tough for me right now. The 3 other QB's are all seniors and none of them want to hear from me. I am trying to help out in other ways and I am dedicating a ton of time in the film room. I need to improve in the off season and the next and get over this injury.

I made the best of what coach gave me, picking up another tackle and forcing the QB to get rid of the ball early as I came in and crushed him. He released, I hit it felt good.

I don't think coach has a lot of faith in me. I sat this game, another loss and I am thinking I might be pretty much done for the season.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #42
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 9

The Recruits:

Well San Diego pulled their offer and Snow College went full blown scholarship offer on me. I did impress the coaches with my last game of my high school career.

High School Stats

9 Games Played
11 FGs
46 punts for 1824 yards

The Current Players:

I think I will take a break from providing updates. Really what else is there to say except my knee is still in it's brace and I am on crutches.

Right now I am pulling great grades and I am happy with Bonnie although she is probably upset with me right now.

Season Stats
35 for 60, 375 yards 3 TDs and 2 INTs
10 carries for 33 yards
2 Sacks

We had a BYE week this week and it was used well. Coach let us rest and then started rotating us and doing some new schemes for our next game. I have been doing well with my classes and I am happy and content without a girlfriend.

Having sat out last week I was able to ask questions, watch game film and coach managed to bring me in for about 11 plays. No mistakes were made but we are still losing. We have to make a change somewhere. I am pulling great grades and Shannon is keeping me occupied and out of trouble.

Game Stats

0 KRO
0 KRB
0 SA
3 Pass Plays
8 Run Plays

Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #43
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 10

The Recruits:

Snow College is still sitting there with an offer. I am still thinking about the Div I and Div II thing and trying to figure out where I will get the better education.

High School Stats

9 Games Played
11 FGs
46 punts for 1824 yards

The Current Players:

A rough loss for us against 25th ranked Michigan State but I picked up more playing time and managed to rack up another tackle. I am slowly building up my stats and playing time. I hope to be a full time starter next season.

Game Stats
1 Tackle
29 Plays

Another BYE week for us allows me more time to focus on the offense and making the proper adjustments and line calls. I hope I can perform better next week and earn more starting time. I have said it before, I was definitely not ready for Div I ball.

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS So 16/62) - ACL Injury
Old 02-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #44
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 11

The Recruits:

I haven't made up my mind and there hasn't been any change on the offers coming in. I know Snow may pull their offer any time, but I am willing to wait it out and make the right decision for me.

High School Stats

9 Games Played
11 FGs
46 punts for 1824 yards

The Current Players:

18 stinking plays. Coach is a unique individual and hard to read. I do not know what I have to do to impress him and it's pretty discouraging at times. I know I need to earn playing time but dang 18 plays. I wasn't focusing on the game and did absolutely nothing this game and it showed in our score as we dropped a game to 24th ranked Iowa.

Well, we break the losing streak and pick up a 38-14 win against Weber State. The biggest thing was mowing the inside linebacker away on a blast up the middle. It felt good to control him and move him around. I need more like that. Coach gave me enough touches that my confidence is starting to build.

Game Stats
1 KRO
1 KRB
3 Pass Plays
9 Run Plays

Old 02-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #45
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 12

The Recruits:

I sat down with my parents, we had a few phone calls with a couple of coaches across the country. I think called the heads of the jurisprudence programs at each of the colleges and we finally made our decision. I made my mom happy with this one to.

SNOW COLLEGE!

The Current Players:

Even though it was a loss, I had a motivating phone call from my mom telling me to stay focused not only on school, but where I want to be on the football team. She told me that if I want to start next season the only way to do it is shine. #11 Michigan took us down but for the 19 plays I was in, I did manage to shake things up a bit with a sack.

Game Stats
1 Tackle
1 Sack
1 Tackle for Loss

This game was so close coach didn't feel comfortable playing me a lot, especially with Dixie's stunting schemes. I was in for 3 plays, all of them when our starter had another lineman land on his knee.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #46
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 13

The Recruits:

Committed to:

SNOW COLLEGE!

The Current Players:

You know at times you hate to admit mom was right, because she lets you know it. But I have to say she was. I kept the motivation going into our last game of the season. We ended up winning a close one against Wisconsin. I wrecked havok for the 16 plays I was in.

Game Stats
2 Tackles
1.5 Sacks
2 Tackles for Loss
2 Blocked Passes
1 QB Hurry

We round out the season with a win over Snow College. I picked up 12 plays and did well. I like getting out on center pulls and just pure on lets punch it down their throat run plays. That is easy for me to understand.

Game Stats
2 KRO
1 KRB
5 Pass Plays
7 Run Plays

They had me redshirt all season. I played scout team in practice and was able to get used to the speed of the college game but the bigger win is understanding what the coaches will expect out of me going into next season.

Nothing much to say here. I am focused on school and game film. I will be back and I will start and I will win. That is all.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #47
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 14

The Recruits:

I sat down with my parents, we had a few phone calls with a couple of coaches across the country. I think called the heads of the jurisprudence programs at each of the colleges and we finally made our decision. I made my mom happy with this one to.

SNOW COLLEGE!

The Current Players:

BYE WEEK

We finished up the season with a loss against Akron. I picked up 7 plays and did nothing positive, but then again...I did nothing negative.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #48
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - End Of Season

The Recruits:

SNOW COLLEGE!

The Current Players:

End of Season Stats
11 Games Played
14 Tackles
5 Assists
4.5 Sacks
5 Tackles For Loss
2 Blocked Passes
2 Hurries
155 total plays

3.83 GPA

End of Season Stats
11 Games Played
5 KRO
2 KRB
2 Sacks Allowed
98 Total Plays

4.00 GPA

3.26 GPA

3.93 GPA

Notre Dame demolishes Ohio State for the National Championship.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #49
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Meet The Players

For the first time we do not have any recruits worthy of recruitment and following on the blog. So we will move on to the players...

The Current Players:

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (RS JR 30/72)
Sean worked hard in the off season and is now one of the starting DE's and is expected to do well this season and next. The coaches are raving about his talent and how he came on towards the end of the season with limited time.

He picked up a girlfriend, Vivian in the offseason and is very happy with life right now.

College of Eastern Utah C Bernie Ackerman (SO 10/54)
Bernie has picked up a little bit of talent and worked hard as he could in the off season. He does have a redshirt freshman right behind him. He still has a red shirt left and the coaches will not use it unless they have to.

He is still maintaining a perfect GPA and has Shannon to thank for keeping him grounded.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (RS So 18/48)
Out of all the players that had an opportunity to work hard and become a starter Chester blew it. He is now buried at 5th on the depth chart and 2 redshirt freshman have more talent than he does. He needs to kick it into gear. Coaches are talking about using him on special teams only.

Pam has distracted him a bit but she is keeping him happy and he is still focusing on school.

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS So 18/62) - ACL Injury
Kim has 6 weeks left until he is at full strength and he is still the teams best option at QB, although SO Leslie Ballard will probably start until he is back.

Girlfriend Bonnie was his strength throughout this entire ordeal and his parents are speaking to him again. His mom moved down to Cedar City to help take care of him during the past 40 or so weeks.

Snow College K Spencer Elliot (RS 21/45)
If it wasn't for Dixon Holliday ahead of Spencer, he would be the starter. So the coaches red shirted Spencer and told him to keep working and he will be the starter. If Dixon doesn't go pro in 2 seasons Spence could start as a Junior.

Spencer hasn't found a girlfriend yet but is enrolled in Economics, Linguistics, Kinesiology, Mechanical Engineering and Jurisprudence.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-10-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #50
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 1

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (RS JR 30/72)
That damn coach, I understand the fact the guy has been here forever but Ellis should not have gotten the start. I worked my ass off and I proved I was better than he was. Frustrating. We ended up beating Iowa State 37-16 and I had a sub par game. Coach did have a good rotation.

Game Stats
1 Tackle
4 QB Hurries
46 plays

College of Eastern Utah C Bernie Ackerman (SO 10/54)
Well, I feel a little better about our offense and I have one more week to be prepared for rotation. I am still the man if our starter goes down. So I will always be ready.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (RS So 18/48)
I seriously screwed up this off season. I thought I had the spot, and I slacked off. I have to work harder than ever. I am hoping when we start our season next week I am at least on special teams.

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS JR 18/62) - ACL Injury
I am salivating to get back out there. I don't think I will for about 6 more weeks but when I do, all I want is to win.

Snow College K Spencer Elliot (RS 21/45) - Redshirt