Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Soldiering On: Jim Crockett Promotions 1987 - TEW 2010 Mod

Okay - this is the restart with the JCP-narrative events deleted out so the promotion can survive.

I'm going to hew to the same cards that I ran before, although I did elect to keep a couple different guys this time around so I might make a minor change in the undercard matches.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-06-2011 at 01:00 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Monday Week 1 March - 1987

Drew Phillips takes over as Head Booker of Jim Crockett Promotions in a move that stuns industry insiders. A relative newcomer to the industry has been given the keys to the kingdom of the proudest surviving NWA Territory in its attempt to rise above Cult status and secure a future for itself in a world increasingly dominated by the WWF.

Jim Crockett Promotions currently has $1,000,000 in the bank.

I know that one of my first goals as Head Booker will be to bring in a new color commentator, as David Crockett is crap, so I immediately set out to do that before even looking at the rest of my roster.

I send out an offer to negotiate with Rich Landrum, former voice of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Capable commentator as well as announcer.

My first order of business is to attend a meeting with my creative team and review their thoughts on my roster.

Interestingly, my creative team gives me 5 names of folks I might consider going after of folks who will be future stars: Keiji Mutoh, Mark Callous, Sting, Sid Vicious, Headhunter A.

I decide to see who else is out there and available on a high level to add some potential star power. I won't bore you with all the names until we see who comes back and is interested in talking.

Tomorrow: My roster is already +25 employees, so it's time for some rationalizing (even if there are a lot of guys on pay-per-appearance contracts).

Tuesday Week 1 - March 1987

Championship Wrestling from Florida sells out to Jim Crockett Promotions

Working Agreements
New working agreements signed with the following promotions:
Stampede Wrestling Calgaary (yes!!)
Pacific Northwest Wrestling (meh)

Rejected by the following:
World Wrestling Association
World Class Wrestling Association (damn!!)

Business Goals
Jim Crockett Jr. calls me in to discuss his business goals.

Goal #1: Over the next 24 months JCP must not fall below cult size at any point.
Goal #2: After 32 months, JCP must not have fallen below #4 in promotion size
Goal #3: Dusty Rhodes must have reached at least B momentum after 18 months
Goal #4: Ric Flair must be kept above C+ overall popularity for the next 20 months
Goal #5: Dick Murdoch must have reached at least B momentum after 18 months
Goal #6: You cannot hire or extend the contract of any wrestler who has less than a C- in Basics
Goal #7: You can’t hire any wrestler who is classed as a Luchador

Roster Rationalizing
Rationalizing based primarily on Performance, then Camera, then Microphone work, then wrestling talent

Terminated
Mike Graham
George South
Bill & Randy Mulkey
Teijo Khan
The Warlord
Denny Brown (stripped of NWA Jr. Heavyweight Title and terminated)
Ed Gantner (will drop the NWA Florida Heavyweight Title to Koloff after a short fued in a Loser-Leaves-Town match)

My undercard workers are now face-heavy, so I'll have to work on that as well. I anticipate my upper-card workers being heel-heavy, so there will be opportunity to adjust all of that moving forward.

I'm heavy on Midcarders, but they're all on PPA deals and I have some decent performing talent there, as well as a couple tag teams that I want to keep as jobbers, so I'm thinking I'll run a bit heavier there. Also heavy on Upper Midcarders and Main Eventers, but there's some quality Tag Teams in there inflating the numbers (Rock n Roll Express, Midnight Express, Road Warriors).

Friday Week 1 - March 1987The following new signings are presented to the JCP Creative team for evaluation and storyline planning:

Sting
Ted DiBiase
Curt Hennig
Shawn Michaels
Beulah McGillicutty
(hey who can resist an ex-Penthouse Pet model/manager)
Sunshine

Neither DiBiase nor Hennig make textbook faces, but I'll likely be relying on them to beef up that side of the roster - I can see them in a stable together, perhaps along with the Stinger.

Also, I was ecstatic to present to the Creative team at Jim Crockett Promotions the one, the only, Bret “The Hitman” Hart. Hart will immediately slot in as my #2 guy in the promotion and my top babyface, ahead of Dusty Rhodes and all the rest of the babyfaces. Formerly on an Exclusive P.P.A. with the WWF, Hart has broken his WWF deal in order to take a Pay-Per-Appearance deal with us at JCP.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-06-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - I made a couple minor tweaks to my first card, since I decided to keep Gantner around to drop the title in a short storyline and such.

Here comes.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-06-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Saturday Week 1 - March 1987
World Championship Wrestling - Live on TBS
Columbus Civic Center, Columbus GA

8,578 fans in attendence in Columbus GA, including JoninMiddleGA.

Pre-Show:
Rick Rude def. Tim Horner by pinfall in 5:53 with a Rude Awakening (D+). Solid action in-ring, but not much in the way of heat.

World Championship Wrestling – Live on TBS
The show opens with Lex Luger attacking Nikita Koloff from behind and beating the shit out of him. After what seems like an eternity, Koloff is left bloodied and beaten. (B-)

Ed Gantner comes out and celebrates with the NWA Florida Heavyweight Title. Jim Crockett Jr. comes out and interrupts him, telling him that he will face Nikita Koloff next week in a Florida Heavyweight Title/US Heavyweight Title unification bout. (D)

Ron Simmons def. Black Bart via Dominator in 4:36 (D+).

Precious is at the podium when Ric Flair enters the set and asks if the two of them may go on a date. A horrified Precious berates Flair for his lack of worth, slapping him across the face as she storms off the set in disgust (C+).

Curt Hennig def. The Barbarian via pinfall in 5:54 via a Hennig Plex.(D)

Ric Flair comes out to the podium and delivers a wicked promo in which he insults the humanoids in the audience, singling out JoninMiddleGA. (A)

NWA United States Tag Team Title Match
: Champions Ron Garvin and Barry Windham vs. Rock-n-Roll Express.

Rock-n-Roll Express
defeat Windham & Garvin via pinfall in 9:03 via Double Dropkick. (C+)

Rock-n-Roll Express are your new United States Tag Team Champions

Ric Flair is backstage, doing his best to hit on Precious. What he hasn't noticed though is that Jimmy Garvin is just round the corner, and can clearly hear everything that is being said. (C+)

Ted DiBiase def. Vladamir Petrov in 9:25 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream (C).

Dusty Rhodes is in the ring calling out Lex Luger for his earlier attack on Koloff. Tully Blanchard answers instead and announces that he will be filling in for Luger and it would be an honor to kick Dusty's ass. (B-)

NWA Television Title Match: Tully Blanchard (c) vs. Dusty Rhods
In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Dusty Rhodes drew with Tully Blanchard in 14:23 when the match descended into chaos after Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, Ric Flair, Nikita Koloff, Ted DiBiase, Road Warrior Animal and Road Warrior Hawk all became involved. (C+)

Dusty Rhodes is being attacked by Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Lex Luger and Tully Blanchard. Out from the back come Road Warrior Animal, Ted DiBiase and Road Warrior Hawk, who hit the ring to make the save. This triggers an eight man brawl, which has to be separated by a whole team of officials and other wrestlers as the show goes off the air. (B-)

Final Rating: C+
TV Rating: 0.44

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-06-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

How can you fire David Crockett?

"Look at that Tony...............Oooh..........Ahhh......He got em Tony........Look out!!.........Heres Nikita........Ooooh!"

I don't think I've ever heard anyone be as enthusiastically droll.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
How can you fire David Crockett?

"Look at that Tony...............Oooh..........Ahhh......He got em Tony........Look out!!.........Heres Nikita........Ooooh!"

I don't think I've ever heard anyone be as enthusiastically droll.

Removing Crockett from color commentating was like...goal #1. Now I actually have a color commentator who (along with Caudle as announcer) can routinely lift the matches, rather than dragging even my best matches down.

Well worth the $$.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Saturday Week 2 - March 1987
World Championship Wrestling - Live on TBS
Celebration Arena in Decatur, AL
6,998 in attendence

Locker Room Incident: Ric Flair takes Johnny Ace under his wing as a protégée. Great news for Johnny Ace!

Pre-Show

In an extremely short match, Sting defeated The Terminator in 5:22 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (D)
In an extremely short match, Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Champion in 5:03 by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. (D-)

A couple of pre-show wins for guys that I want to build up to upper-midcarders to start things off. Wasn't expecting great ratings really, as they were odd matchups.

Onward to the TBS broadcast

Ric Flair had an interview hyping himself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. he... is... (A+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Johnny Ace in 6:33 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (C-)

Ted DiBiase comes to the ring and challenges Arn Anderson to a match. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Midnight Express defeated Jive Tones in 8:48 when Bobby Eaton defeated Tiger Conway Jr. by pinfall with a Rocket Launcher. (C)

Road Warriors is in the ring with their Manager Paul Ellering and challenges Awesome Twosome (Manny Fernandez & Rick Rude – NWA World Tag Team Champs) to face them in a match. (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Road Warriors defeated Black Bart and Vladimir Petrov in 7:08 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Vladimir Petrov by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. (C)

Road Warriors are celebrating their victory in the ring when the Awesome Twosome run in and beat them down. (C-)

Arn Anderson is shown taking part in a press conference. He says that he accepts the challenge that Ted DiBiase made, and will face him in singles competition. (B-)

We are backstage, where the camera catches Teddy Long leaving the locker room of Arn Anderson, counting some money, apparently having been bribed. (F-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Dusty Rhodes defeated Lex Luger in 11:49 by pinfall with a Bionic Elbow. During the match we also had Ric Flair run in and attack Dusty. (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Arn Anderson defeated Ted DiBiase in 14:20 by a fast-counted pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (C+)

Final Grade: C+
Rating: 0.44

Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Lil frustrated that my rebooking of this event cost me the difference between a B- and a C+. I need to get Flair onto a written contact, because I want him appearing all the time to prop up my shows, but don't necessarily need/want him in-ring every show.

Then again - I guess I've made $400,000 with my two shows to date, so maybe I shouldn't be TOO concerned about that.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-08-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Coming at my next show: Ric Flair finally steps into the ring. And Bret "Hitman" Hart makes his JCP debut.

Also - we'll hear from the American Dream Dusty Rhodes - with the influex of new Main Event babyfaces where does Dusty feel he fits in?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-09-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - now that the Stanley Cup Finals are over I'll be back to this dynasty tonight.