Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #51
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 2

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (RS JR 30/72)
A BYE week sees me kick Ellis' ass in practice all week. If coach doesn't give me the start I will be pissed. I have earned it and proven myself.

College of Eastern Utah C Bernie Ackerman (SO 10/54)
Not much to say. I picked up some garbage time in our 28-13 loss to NC State. Only time I was in was when our started was dinged up. I did nothing special and did not make a mistake in the 6 plays I was in.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (RS So 18/48)
I impressed coach a little this week and he managed to work me into the game. I took my first true game time hit in Div I and it rang my bell so to speak. It felt good though. To bad we were thumped by #3 Oklahoma 59-10 to make this bittersweet for me. I also managed to pick up special teams play.

Game Stats
7 Carries
15 yards
1 Tackle

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS JR 18/62)
I felt great this week and coach gave me the start against Florida State. He said I was probably the best chance we had at winning. Well, I wasn't mobile at all and the knee was giving me issues. Coach yanked me as he didn't want me getting hurt. #2 Florida State spanked us 40-0.

Game Stats
2 for 8, 26 yards 1 INT
2 Sacks
1 Fumble

Snow College K Spencer Elliot (RS 21/45) - Redshirt

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-10-2011 at 04:20 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #52
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 3

Wow, a frustrating week as coach isn't budging. I know we beat Baylor 17-7, but I am not happy with my production or the coach this week. I blocked a pass and that was it. Not a great week for me.

Game Stats
1 Blocked Pass
35 Plays

As we were cruising to the 31-7 win over Akron I was hoping to get more playing time but it has been methodical at how I am getting my plays.

I think coach is trying to get a feel for all of us and I am doing ok. This week we lost to San Diego State, 19-16. I had a couple of tough runs and it worked out ok.

Game Stats
4 carries for 27 yards

Colorado State knocked us around a little bit and really worked me over, we lost 28-10. Until I am 100% I am going to favor this knee and it's going to hurt us. But I do need the reps to regain my composure.

Game Stats
6 for 21, 136 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
4 Sacks
1 Fumble

Old 02-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #53
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 4

Coach is continuing to take my reps away and I am going to continue to shine just to prove him wrong. This week was an amazing trip to Hawaii. We all truly enjoyed it and the coaching staff kept us on a strict schedule so we wouldn't forget why we were there. We are now 3-0 as we defeated Hawaii 42-35. I had an amazing game and score my first college TD ever as I scooped up a fumble in the first quarter and returned it 21 yards for the TD. Paradise has never been better.

Game Stats
2 Tackles
1 Sack
1 Tackle for Loss
1 Hurry
1 Fumble Recovery
1 TD
28 Plays

Another BYE week for us and more working on the offense for me.

Right now I do not think we are heading in the right direction. Another loss for us, this time we dropped a 35-23 game to Rutgers. I managed to make the best of my time on the field.

Game Stats
4 carries for 39 yards

Getting closer to a full bill of health and I am starting to feel the strength returning in my leg. The knee is handling the stress better although I hate the knee brace. We do lose again, this time to Middle Tennessee, 17-13.

Game Stats
16 for 18, 136 yards
3 Carries for 7 yards
1 Sack

Old 02-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #54
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 5

The travel back from Hawaii wore us out for the week and it showed in our 45-7 loss to 17th ranked Penn State. I averaged my normal plays this game but just felt sluggish with the jet lag and such. I think we overdid it in Hawaii.

Game Stats
2 Tackles
33 Plays

4 plays for me with a chance to level a linebacker and I missed it. We did lose to Westminster College, 35-21

Game Stats
1 KRO
4 Plays

We finally manage to earn a win this week although it was against Rice. 27-21. I did get a few touches this game and I am starting to be used as a third down back more.
Game Stats

3 carries for 14 yards

Utah Valley University is our first win of the season and it was a 35-28 affair for us. I felt really good out there again this week. I have to stop rushing my throws though as I am making to many mistakes. It was also my first sack free game this season.

Game Stats
13 for 18, 143 yards, 2 TDs 2 INTs
4 Carries for 5 yards

Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #55
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 6

Probably one of my better games of my college career so far. To bad it happened in a 20-16 loss to Illinois. I was all over making plays when I was in.

I am happy with school and Vivian. My grades are doing well, they are not hampered by football and a girlfriend.

Game Stats
3 Tackles
1 Assist
2 Sacks
2 Tackles for Loss
4 Hurries
1 Fumble Recovery
29 Plays

Again, limited playing time but I was able to take advantage of a linebacker on a counter-trey we ran and he was crushed. We were pretty much manhandled by Eastern Carolina, 38-17.

My grades are ok except for History, it's suffering a bit as it's the last homework I focus on at night and by the time I get to it I am wore out.

Game Stats
1 KRO
1 KRB
5 plays

In our 31-7 win over Nevada I managed my first ever collegiate TD! It was a great feeling and having the team and the coach congratulate me was a pretty awesome feeling. I wanted to keep the ball but Coach wouldn't let me, he stated you have to earn the game ball with more than just 1 TD. I will make sure I get that ball.

Game Stats
6 carries for 15 yards
1 TD

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS JR 18/62) - ACL Injury
Remember that scene from the movie Varsity Blues...it happened to me in 24-12 win over Ball State. I wasn't even touched, and this time I was planting for a pass and I felt it snap. No hit, nothing. I am through.

I don't know if I will finish my career here at Southern Utah. Right now I am thinking of hanging it up and heading home, it's pretty frustrating right now.

My grades are fine and Bonnie is keeping me happy but this here, this was my career and I am now done.

No girlfriend leaves me with enough time to focus on football and school and that I am doing right now.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #56
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Great dynasty, but curious, would the players that red-shirted actually be one year lower? Example those listed as a RS JR would be listed as a RS SO as they'd still have two years left after this year. Or is there something I'm missing. Thanks and look forward to keep reading this dynasty.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #57
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Great dynasty, but curious, would the players that red-shirted actually be one year lower? Example those listed as a RS JR would be listed as a RS SO as they'd still have two years left after this year. Or is there something I'm missing. Thanks and look forward to keep reading this dynasty.

The game lists them as that...when they hit their SR season they can have a 5th year Senior and I will list it as RS SR5

How about Gillespie getting nailed two seasons in a row with the same injury...He was making it work too...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #58
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 7

We kept our standard rotation until the end of the game where Ellis sprained his knee and I picked up some extra time. By that time the game was close to over and I didn't do much. We lost to a 12th ranked Michigan State team 41-21. I did nothing this game and I was extremely frustrated by it.

We picked up our second win of the season against Utah Valley University, 20-14. I didn't get in but for 3 plays while our starter was dealing with his knee brace on the sidelines. Again, I did nothing special.

A close win keeps me on the sidelines for pretty much the entire game which I was fine with. We weren't in an area that needed me to be the bowling ball I have become for this team. San Jose State played well, but we came out on top 31-24.

Game Stats
1 carry for 2 yards

Kim has hit a deep depression right now and informed us he is stepping away from the blog until he has everything under control. We wish him the best due to the injury and hope he is able to rise up again.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-11-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #59
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 8

My first ever collegiate start and my mom made it out for the game! The excitement and rush is a bit different being a starter than playing a situational rotation. The result of today was a 30-17 win over Purdue. My motor wouldn't stop, even if I played only 10 more plays than I normally would have. I am a starter now, I just have to hold on to the spot.

Game Stats
3 Tackles
2.5 Sacks
3 Tackles for Loss
4 Hurries
45 Plays

This was a BYE week for us. I am still picking up the offensive line calls and I feel more comfortable than I ever have. I am ready to step in now whenever needed.

The bowling ball came in today and I managed to get that strike and my 2nd ever TD. I am definitely the 3rd Down and short yardage back. Granted I have only been in 30 plays this season but each of them were a collision of some sort. I don't know if I could keep this up 30 times a game.

Game Stats
5 carries for 7 yards
1 TD

Old 02-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #60
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 9

We met a meat grinder today and it was 5th ranked Michigan. We still can not handle their athleticism and their talent. We dropped this one 51-3. We are all to blame. This game was also my 2nd start of the season.

Game Stats
3 Tackles
1 Sack
3 Tackles for Loss
36 Plays

I feel the coaches do not have a ton of faith in me yet, but then again our starter is playing solid ball, so why should I step in and play. I will continue to be on the wall for special teams and be happy with it. We managed a win this week against Dixie State, 31-3.

More of the same. I come in for some tough yardage, convert on the downs I need to, we just failed at the one most important area this week. Scoring more points than the other team. We lost to UTEP, 17-10.

Game Stats
3 carries for 11 yards

Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #61
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 10

My 3rd overall start and it does not go well. First, we drop the game to Iowa, 27-14 and second, I play horrible. I get to the QB as I am fast off the snap but the chip blocking ensures I do not get there in time. And what a game to not perform in since I played the bulk of it. I guess it's because I know Ellis will be healthy for next week and do not know what the coaches are thinking.

Game Stats
1 Tackle
2 Hurries
63 Plays

A 28-20 loss to Snow College has us wondering where we can go if we win out. We are doing well in the SOL conference, but who knows. I have managed the same old process this week

A couple of injuries and stingers saw me involved a little bit more this week. I was hoping it would have been for a win as we lost to Boise State, 38-7. I have never been hit as hard as it happened in this game. I caught the flare pass, was just getting full speed and took a shot right at the line of scrimmage and I dropped the ball. I was hit so hard my body wouldn't respond.

Game Stats
12 carries for 48 yards
1 Reception for 0 yards
1 Fumble

Old 02-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #62
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 11

Ellis is healthy and I am back to my rotation which isn't bad. I like starting and I know I should get it next season. We took it to Indiana this week as we managed to hold them to 2 FG's. 31-6

Game Stats
1 Tackle
1 Sack
1 Tackle For Loss
1 Hurry
21 Plays

Southern Utah could not figure out how to beat us as we won this game 26-17. I still had a few plays on the field and managed the special teams quite well.

A few big gains in our 30-27 loss to Fresno State helped us keep it close. To bad we missed that last second FG to send this one into OT. I think we had the momentum and could have pulled this one off. My hands of stone came into play as I dropped a pass that hit me square in the chest.

Game Stats
8 carries for 36 yards

Old 02-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #63
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 12

BYE Week

Another win, this time a 20-19 nail biter against Vernal. Coach says if we win out and Snow loses we have a chance at hitting the first round of the playoffs. It's actually quite exciting and the buzz and morale on this team is at an all time high.

BYE WEEK

Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #64
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 13

Last game of the season and it's against Wisconsin. We were pretty fired up going into this game and it was widely hyped. I have learned to loathe Wisconsin from being here and last year we pulled off the upset, this year we came close. We dropped this one 28-24.

One thing I do know this season. In my limited time I did outplay Ellis and coach has shown me that your time with the program matters.

Game Stats
3 Tackles
1 Assist
1 Sack
1 Tackle For Loss
2 Hurries
1 Fumble Recovery
35 Plays

A shut out against Weber State puts us that much closer to hitting the playoffs. I managed to get in on a few run plays this game and crushed their DT and took him out of the picture on one of our long runs.

Game Stats
1 KRO
1 KRB
11 Plays

Our last game of the season has me waiting for next year. I promise I will work hard to move up. I have shown I can run hard, I just have to prove I can do it consistently. Louisiana Tech dialed us up well this week though and we lose the last game, 29-14

Game Stats
6 carries for 27 yards
1 Reception for - 4 yards

Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #65
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - Week 14

BYE Week

A 33-17 win over Kansas State has us holding our breath as we are waiting to see how Southern Utah does. If they win, they move on to the Playoffs, if they lose we go.

BYE Week

It's tough for me to sit and watch what has happened. The sophomore QB has stepped up admirably and led this team quite well. He has leaned on me for some advice and he has us on the brink of the playoffs.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #66
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season - End of Season

Sean performed well at his spot and has managed to make a name for himself on campus. He was nominated as a Big 10 All-Academic DE. He has a 3.66 GPA with the following grades this season.

Nursing III - A
Latin III - B-
Political Science III - A
Nuclear Engineering III- B
Medicine III - B

End of Season Stats
11 Games Played
3 Games Started
19 Tackles
2 Assists
8.5 Sacks
11 Tackles for Loss
2 Blocked Passes
14 QB Hurries
3 Fumble Recovers
1 TD

Bernie has held up quite well being the backup C at College of Eastern Utah. Academically he has been an amazing student with a 4.0 GPA and Straight A's in the following classes.

Economics II
History II
Stats II
Music II
Electrical Engineering II

End of Season Stats
11 Games Played
2 KRB
2 KRO
0 Sacks Allowed
46 plays

Chester slacked in the off season and was punished for it during the season. He did manage to show the staff he could earn the tough yards when asked to. He has a 3.40 GPA and his grades were as follows

Business II - B-
Kinesiology II - A
Architecture II - A-
Jurisprudence II - B+
Spanish II - A

End of Season Stats
11 Games Played
59 carries for 241yards
2 TDs

3 Receptions for -4 yards

1 Fumble
1 Tackle

No one since we started this has had it worse off then Kim. He was slowly working his way back into game shape and then he blew the same knee out. He watched and helped out the soph as Southern Utah went into the first round of the playoffs and were destroyed by Washington State.

He has managed to keep his spirit up and has a 3.95 GPA. His grades were:

Computer Science III - A
Business III - A
Medicine III - A
Industrial Engineering III- A
Music III - A

End of Season Stats
5 Games Played
5 Games Started

37/66 and 441 yards
3 TDs
5 INTs
7 Sacks

Elliot took advantage of his redshirt and focused on school and football. He is enjoying the fact he is on a free ride and isn't required to do a lot. He has a 3.94 GPA and his grades:

Economic I - A
Linguistics I - A
Kinesiology I - A-
Mechanical Engineering I - A
Jurisprudence I - A

Nebraska held out and beat USC in the National Championship game, 34-10
Old 02-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #67
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Meet The Players

As we roll into the 2008 season we have all of our past recruits have used their red shirts and will see the field or the sidelines in varying capacities.

We do have 2 recruits this season. 1 from Timpview and 1 from Clarence. We won't go in depth with either one as they are not on the radar of most people. If they do, we will bring them in and fully introduce you to them.

The Recruits:

Timpview CB Johnny Wortham (8/100)
Clarence RB Norbert Rough (4/100)

Current Players:

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (RS SR 33/72)
Sean has worked his tail off and has this season and his 5th year as a senior if he wants to shoot for the NFL draft. He has managed to play himself into the 2nd best DE on the team and should be starting this season on the right side of the line. He has worked hard and done well. He is the closest one to the NFL out of all of our players we are following.

College of Eastern Utah C Bernie Ackerman (JR 17/55)
Bernie is a decent backup and that is it. He is taking advantage of the fact school is being paid for and getting the best grades he can. He is the backup and will become the starter only if CEU's starter goes down. He will more than likely average the same amount of plays as last season.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (RS JR 18/48)
Chester suffered an injury over the summer, a hang nail or something because he didn't budge and he knew what was needed from him. Right now he is sitting as the 4th RB on the chart and will probably see some 3rd down and special teams play this season.

Snow College K Spencer Elliot (RS SO 24/44)
Spencer is the backup to a future NFL kicker at Snow. He knows he will have to be ready just in case, but there shouldn't be, unless the starter pulls an Olindo Mare and hurts himself.

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS SR 21/62) - ACL Injury
Kim has had the most difficult time out of any of our recruits suffering 2 season ending injuries one season after the other to now be jumped ahead by a soph. Southern Utah only has 3 QB's on the roster so Kim should see some playing time if he doesn't start.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-21-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #68
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ok...10 days since the last update...but I am finally home and I will be getting to this tonight and updating it.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #69
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 1

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS SR 21/62)
A full recovery helped me be prepared for this season. I knew going into the season I was going to be the backup, what could I expect, Ballard led us into the playoffs last season. I just didn't expect to be called into duty immediately. Ballard broke his arm on the second play of the game and I managed to do ok in a 52-31 loss to #9 Stanford.

Game Stats:
17 for 28, 280 Yards
1 TD
2 INTs
5 Sacks, -28 yards

10 Rushes
12 Yards
1 Fumble
1 Fumble Recovery

BYE Week

BYE Week

BYE Week

BYE Week
Old 02-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #70
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 2

I don't know what gods I have angered but they have chosen me for some damn reason. I start to play well and now I am suffering this week with a strained hammy. There was nothing worth doing to win this game and take an injury in the 44-0 loss to Texas.

Game Stats:
16 for 5, 156 Yards

1 INTs
3 Sacks, -16 yards

10 Rushes
12 Yards
1 Fumble
1 Fumble Recovery

The anger is there. I have been done wrong as I should be the starter. Instead I am a contributor as usual to one of the wins this week. This win, 35-31 over Kent State is more a play of how when we are as a team.

Game Stats:
1 Tackle

Not able to do much as the starter I am pretty much resigned to life as a backup and I am fine with that.

Game Stats:
5 PPly
9 RPly

I was informed by coach that I am going to be on all walks of special teams. it worked ok in our L,10-7, #1 Oklahoma

DNP during the 32-24 win over BYU.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #71
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 3

The BYE week helps me recover and the leg is feeling just fine getting ready to head into Week 4.

I am fine with the rotation now as coach is getting me the time I need through the rotation. I am also working on my moves and trying to focus on having a season like last.

A BYE week for me isn't really any different than a normal week. Thank lord for my studies to keep me occupied.

I don't know what to say, it's frustrating but I have only brought it upon myself. Coach did not play me, even on special teams this week in our 14-10 win over UConn.

DNP during the 45-22 loss to ECU.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #72
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 4

This start felt good but the game got away on us against Middle Tennessee. We lost 38-31 and it was mediocre for me. I didn't make any mistakes but Middle Tennessee kept me off the field really.

15 for 26, 85 Yards
1 TD

2 Carries
13 Yards

Coach manages a standard rotation in our 38-10 win over Baylor. I do get a tackle and an assist in this game. I also managed to get my hand up and bat down 2 passes at the line as well.

1 Tackle
1 Assist
2 Blocked Passes
37 Plays

Our team isn't the greatest and Kansas State exploited us this week in a 35-7 loss. I did get in for a few plays and managed a key run block as I took the DT away from the play.

1 KRB
1 KRO
7 Plays

Back to playing on special teams in our 28-14 win over Ohio. I am enjoying the game, wish I was in on offense though.

DNP during a 17-10 win over Kent St..
Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #73
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 5

We turn it on this week as we get into conference play. A 51-7 win over Dixie was a great start. I did manage the game properly and I was on the money for most of it. We didn't have to throw for the TD's as our running game punched it in.

18 for 23, 266 Yards
1 TD

4 Carries
5 Yards

Coach was pretty upset during the game and forgot to rotate me as much as he wanted to. We did drop this game, 45-14 to a 19th ranked Northwestern team. I did rush their QB into making a mistake this game. For the most part, I am being contained.

1 Hurry

DNP in a 31-24 loss to Weber St.

Special teams play again. This time in a 48-28 win over Boise State. What I like about special teams is a sense of total control in a chaotic environment.

DNP during a 35-21 win over Westminster.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #74
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 6

Ball State managed to bottle me up but we still were able to pull off the 24-14 win. The only mistakes I made this week were being sacked twice. They did keep me off the field with a controlled ground game.

10 for 16, 149 Yards
2 Sacks

6 Carries
2 Yards

I get the start due to Gaines being injured. We lose big, 52-3 to #9 OSU. I do get a tackle and an assist. I also managed to flush their QB out of the pocket and hurry a throw.

1 Tackle
1 Assist
1 Hurry

BYE Week

A 14-7 win over Rice sees me on special teams again. I am finding my place and fitting in nicely on them. I just wish I wasn't contain man, I want to hit someone.

DNP during a 35-28 loss to Air Force.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #75
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 7

Weber State was a breakout game for me. I had my best game of the season so far, throwing for 3 touchdowns and rushing for 1. The game just seemed to flow and I am feeling the healthiest I have ever felt.

16 for 23, 159 Yards
3 TD's
2 Sacks

7 Carries
14 Yards
1 TD

My play from last season has warranted double teams all season and this game was the same. We beat Indiana 45-23 and I managed 3 hurries.

3 Hurries

I picked up some slop time in our 31-0 loss to Snow College. I am not seeing a lot of playing time, it's ok as I am getting a free schooling out of it, but game time will help for next season when I take over the reigns.

A 30-3 loss to Fresno had me pick up coaches anger as I messed up several times in the game with penalties and blown assignments.

DNP during a 31-0 win over College of Eastern Utah.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #76
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So, I am on the road with work, I should be able to update some more tomorrow night.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #77
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 8

It has been a great BYE week for me as I am really feeling the groove and have been the healthiest I have ever been in over 2 years.

What a loss. We ended up dropping this game, 37-20 to 7th ranked Penn State. I managed a decent game in wrecking some havoc in the backfield and at the line of scrimmage.

Game Stats:

1 Tackle
1 Assist
1 Tackle for Loss
2 Blocked Passes
1 Hurry

in our 16-14 win over Utah Valley University, I was suiting, got out on special teams but did not play at all on the line, which is a good thing. It means our starter stayed healthy all game!

Coaches anger carried over into this week as I suited up, but was not used at all in our 45-17 win over UTEP.

DNP during a 29-7 loss to USU-Vernal.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #78
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 9

Westminster did not know what was coming to them this week. I sat and watched game film over the past 2 weeks on them and I was able to dissect their defense pretty much all game as I threw for another 3 TDs. They were playing a spy and containment game on me so my ability to squeeze out of the pocket was limited.

19 for 24, 269 Yards
3 TD's
1 INT
2 Sacks

4 Carries
-4 Yards

We are in a funk this season with major ups and downs. Two weeks of down is not good. We lost this week to Illinois 56-28. I wasn't as disruptive as I would have liked to be, but I still did get a few shots in.

2 Tackles
1 Blocked Pass

More special teams play and this time I was in for 1 play on offense in our 35-32 win over Dixie State.

Coach was finally done punishing me and I was back on special teams for our 24-17 loss to SMU. I didn't rock it our anything, but I didn't make any stupid mistakes which was a positive.

DNP during a 24-14 win over Weber State.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #79
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 10

The team is in great spirits and we feel good about our chances with the rest of the conference and this week helped bolster our spirits even more. We took it to Utah Valley University 38-22 and another 3 TD performance in the air.

19 for 22, 281 Yards
3 TD's

4 Carries
7 Yards

3 weeks, 3 complete weeks of piss poor play has the team confused and wondering what the hell is going on. I tried to inspire and play my heart out in this 37-18 loss to Iowa.

3 Tackles
3 Blocked Passes
2 Hurries

Another win this week as we beat USU-Vernal 24-21. I picked up special teams play as well as 2 offensive plays.

BYE Week

BYE Week
Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #80
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 11

USU-Vernal mixed things up for me and I didn't have my best game against them, but we did manage to pull out the win, 34-24. 2 TDs and a pick this week. Also, we lost a starter on the line due to injury, so I was running for my life.

13 for 26, 181 Yards
2 TD's
1 INT
2 Sacks

11 Carries
40 Yards

BYE Week and it looks like Gaines is healed so I won't be starting next week against Purdue. I will be back into a rotation.

I picked up some slop time in our 55-7 loss to San Diego. Slop time was 9 plays total, I had an opportunity at a key block and blew it big time.

So I managed to screw up again, but this time bigger than ever. Not only were there a few penalties and missed assignment, I got into a fight on the field that saw me ejected. Coach was more than pissed, I honestly think I am done for the season and my career at Tulsa may be in jeopardy.

DNP during a 27-12 loss to Utah Valley.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #81
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 12

I really do not know how I feel about this weeks game. I mean we won, 34-3 against Snow College but my performance was sub par. Our defense and running game did a lot of the work. Again we were without our starter but a few big scrambles from me pulled their defense back a bit.

17 for 27, 185 Yards
1 TD
1 INT
1 Sack

5 Carries
30 Yards

And another loss this week. Purdue beat us pretty good, 31-17. Playing well doesn't help when you do not get the win. I finally picked up my first sack of the season when they removed a double team from me.

1 Tackle
1 Sack
1 Tackle for Loss
1 Hurry

DNP in a 41-38 loss to Westminster

DNP or travel to Hawaii for the 31-6 win.

DNP during a 34-3 loss to Southern Utah
Old 03-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #82
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alright, I am pretty excited with Kenny Gillespie and his play this season. He is done at the end and I hope he gets to the pros. I need to follow someone in the NFL!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #83
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 13

We knew we had to win and solidify the conference championship this week. We did just that. Dominating College of Eastern Utah, 41-21. Another 3 TD game for me and I am being told this season has some of the pro scouts looking at me as well.

12 for 19, 185 Yards
3 TD
1 INT
1 Sack

7 Carries
9 Yards

Rivalry week. A week that is taken very seriously around these parts and Wisconsin is definitely our rival. I am in the rotation and we are pretty much hyped up for this game. We know this is our bowl game and we turn it into a rout as we trample Wisconsin 56-16.

2 Assisted Tackles
1 Hurry

Another rough week for us as we lost 41-21 to Southern Utah. I managed to pick up about 6 plays as the starter was dinged.

I don't know if I will be asked back next season as coach did not play or suit me up to continue my punishment in our 38-0 loss to Louisiana Tech.

DNP during a 48-7 win over Dixie State.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #84
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Week 14

BYE Week

A last minute loss was a heart breaker for us against Temple. We dropped the game 20-17. I managed to play probably one of my better games of the season.

3 Tackles
1 Sack
1 Tackle for Loss
1 Hurry

I was pulled in for the 4th quarter in a 35-7 loss to Akron. I had a few chances to get some solid run blocks and pulled one out of the 3.

1 KRB
3 KRO

BYE Week

BYE Week
Old 03-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #85
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - Playoffs Week 1

We are now officially ranked! 25th and we are going to play 18th ranked Fresno State for the first week of the playoffs.

I don't know what the hell coach was thinking by starting Leslie over me, it was a stupid move as he eventually ended up injuring his arm towards the end but he was completely ineffective. What a dumb decision as we lose 46-28.

5 for 7, 50Yards
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #86
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2008 Season - End of Season

Kim had a great season as he filled in for the Heir apparent at QB who broke his arm. He led the team to a 25th overall ranking and a playoff appearance. He has managed 6 Late Game Heroics over his career.

This season he is the Solecismic 2nd Team QB and Solecismic All Academic QB. He sported a 3.94 GPA.

His Season Stats

166 for 257, 2246 Yards
65% Completion
18 TDs
7 INTs
18 Sacks

64 Carries
115 Yards
1 TD

Career Stats
238 for 383, 3062 Yards
62% Completion
24 TDs
14 INTs
27 Sacks

90 Carries
140 Yards
1 TD

Sean had a rough season as he was frustrated at the fact he wasn't starting and when he did get in, due to the havoc he wrecked last season he saw double teams or teams go away from him.

He did manage to pull a 3.71 GPA this season

Season Stats

13 Tackles
5 Assisted Tackles
2 Sacks
3 Tackles for Loss
8 Blocked Passes
12 Hurries

Career Stats

46 Tackles
12 Assisted Tackles
15 Sacks
19 Tackles for Loss
12 Blocked Passes
28 Hurries

Bernie has been happy and content being where he has been with the team and has managed to pull out a 3.94 GPA

Season Stats
2 KRB
5 KRO
0 Sacks Allowed

Chester managed to kill his chances this season by not focusing on football properly. He has managed a 3.51 GPA but there is a chance he may not be back next season due to his attitude.

Spencer has been happy and content just doing what he has been doing. Backing up the big guy and going to school. He has managed a 3.84 GPA and is looking to start next season.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #87
muns
Pro Starter

Sean Prill got hosed by the coaching staff. He stats were better than just to be the guy rotating in. Neat stuff here macro!

Last edited by muns : 03-07-2011 at 06:47 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #88
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Sean Prill got hosed by the coaching staff. He stats were better than just to be the guy rotating in. Neat stuff here macro!

Thanks! I am enjoying this one, although the record keeping is pretty rough watching the two schools players but it is definitely worth it if we all are enjoying it.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #89
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2009 Season - Meet The Players

The 2009 season is going to be a fun season to watch as all of our players have decided to stick around and the two 5th year seniors may be leaders in their positions.

We do have one recruit coming out of Clarence High School

The Recruit:

T Issac Bennett - Clarence High School
Issac is the 10th overall tackle in the state of New York. He has a great attitude and is looking to stay close to home and wants to solidify his academic choice. His major is going to be Differential Equations. He is maintaining a 3.52 GPA and has a 1328 Test Score.

Rivals.com scout has him ranked at 29/100

Current Players:

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS 5SR 35/59)
Kim played excellent last season for Southern Utah. He had a great off season and is going to more than likely be the back up again to Leslie Ballard. He is in a terrific mood and is actually content with his playing time for now.

He is focusing on his fifth year of school taking Social Work V, Psychology V, Computer Science V, Sociology V and Music V.

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (RS 5SR 44/72)
There is nothing to be said other than Sean was determined this off season to be the best defensive end on this team and he has now proven that. He will be the starter and there is no disputing that.

As a fifth year senior he is managing to stay happy and content. He is looking at solidifying his degree with the following classes: Communications V, Calculus V, Art V, Industrial Engineering V and Medicine V.

College of Eastern Utah C Bernie Ackerman (SR 26/30)
Bernie is going to be what he is, a career backup center and special teams guy. He can play for 1 more year if he so chooses but he isn't a hundred percent sure where he wants to be. He is more focused on his schooling than anything else.

His classes are: Chemistry IV, Sociology IV, Calculus IV, Metallurgy IV and Electrical Engineering IV.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (RS SR 22/48)
Chester worked harder in the off season and has become the teams 3rd back. He will see playing time on the offense and special teams this season IF he doesn't screw it up. He seems to have changed his attitude and is more focused on the team.

His classes are Spanish IV, Sociology IV, Computer Science IV, Communications IV and Spanish IV.

Snow College K Spencer Elliot (RS JR 24/50)
Spencer might be getting the start this season as Dixon Holliday decided to stick around however he is on academic probation due to his grades. I don't know why Dixon decided to stay but Spencer will more than likely get his chance this season.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-07-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #90
Denial Of Freedom
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Alright, I am pretty excited with Kenny Gillespie and his play this season. He is done at the end and I hope he gets to the pros. I need to follow someone in the NFL!

It is cool to see that he recovered from those two brutal injuries, hope that he gets some more starting time next year.
Denial Of Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #91
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial Of Freedom View Post
It is cool to see that he recovered from those two brutal injuries, hope that he gets some more starting time next year.

Yeah, I hope Ballard is hurt again so Kim can play, but right now he is one better in current and like 20 better in overall.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #92
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2009 Season - Week 1

The Recruit:

I don't know if I will see Div I schools recruiting me, but I feel if someone gives me a shot I will do well. I will more than likely end up at a DIV II or DIV III school, but I will get through on my brains either way.

Current Players:

BYE Week

BYE Week

I did not get in at all during our 35-7 loss to #6 Colorado State. I am not to concerned as I am still focusing on my grades.

BYE Week

BYE Week
Old 03-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #93
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2009 Season - Week 2

The Recruit:

I haven't had any change this week in recruiting. I am looking at a few Div II and III schools right now. I also have quite a few JUCO's recruiting me as well.

Current Players:

I knew I wasn't going to get into a game unless Ballard was hurt, dinged up or we were going to run trick plays. That did not happen this week in our 32-24 loss to #14 Stanford.

Well, my first game as a true starter for Minnesota and I take a few bruised ribs away from the game. I played decently, getting into the backfield and disrupting plays.

Game Stats
2 Tackles
.5 Sacks
1 Tackle For Loss
1 Blocked Pass

BYE Week

I am 3rd RB on the rotation this season but their wasn't any use for me this game except for special teams. We lost to UCONN 20-15.

We took quite the thrashing today. It wasn't a pretty affair but I was thrown into the starting kicking role as Dixon Holliday was placed on Academic Probation. BYU beat us 55-10 and I performed as was requested today.

1/2 FGs
45 Longest
1/1 XP
Old 03-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #94
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2009 Season - Week 3

The Recruit:

No change in the recruiting front.

Current Players:

BYE Week

Bruised ribs were not about to keep me out of a game. I am not going to let something like that keep me from starting. We did manage to lose this game to Army, 26-21 but I managed another disruptive game.

Game Stats:
2 Tackles
2 Assisted Tackles
.5 Sack
2 Tackles for Loss

Another game I did not get into which means I am probably going to be done for my Senior season as a career backup unless the starter is injured. We dropped this game 45-24 to San Diego State.

I really wanted to get in for this game but fate was against me and it was another game of special teams only. But I managed to hold my own as did the team as we dominated Oklahoma, 40-10.

BYE Week
Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #95
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2009 Season - Week 4

The Recruit:

Current Players:

I knew it wasn't going to happen so far. This is killing me. I know I could lead this team, I know I can get the wins. I am just being an extra coach on the sideline right now. We did manage to win at Middle Tennessee State, 24-14.

Talk about disruption. In our 35-28 loss to Baylor I caused some problems because Baylor decided to not double team me. I had their QB running and was stuffing plays at the line of scrimmage.

Game Stats:
5 Tackles
2 Hurries

No playing time in our 28-7 loss to Kansas St.

I ended up getting a little frustrated this week as I was on special teams again and managed 1 Tackle. We destroyed Rutgers 63-14 and coach did not get me in at all on offense.

Ugh, what a rough game against Kent State. We lost 34-7 and I missed a 40 yarder in the game. I did manage to convert on the extra point though.

Game Stats:

0/1 FG
1/1 PAT
Old 06-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #96
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2009 Season - Week 5

The Recruit:

Current Players:

A game at the College of Eastern Utah saw me get in to take a knee. Yeah, that is right...1 carry for minus yards...I am not happy with what is going on here. We did destroy CEU 48 - 23

#16 Penn State and we are man handled. We lose the game 34-13 and I manage a somewhat dominant display again.

Game Stats:
1 Tackle
2 Assists
1.5 Sacks
1 Tackle For Loss
1 Blocked Pass
1 Hurry

I am happy riding the pine. My body isn't getting beat up, I will be able to survive my life without arthritis. We were stomped on by SUU 48-23

I have turned into a Special Teams player. I know I cause my own issues here, but it is frustrating knowing I was the next in line and I threw it away because of my attitude. We beat Rice, 24-7.

What a workout this week! It was a great feeling! We managed to take Utah Valley University behind the woodshed and let them have it. A 48-24 win and I was special teams player of the game!

Game Stats:

2/2 FG
6/6 PAT
Old 06-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #97
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Time to knock the dust off of this one.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #98
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2009 Season - Week 6

The Recruit:

No change in the recruiting front. I am getting offers from the lower level schools. I do not think I will be going to a division 1 program.

Current Players:

A 48-6 win managed to get me in the game. My duty was to hand off the ball. I had a 3rd and long and I wasn't able to complete the pass because the WR dropped the ball.

Don't get me wrong. I love my team, I love my coach and I love the program. But we are in a funk. We are not playing good football. I am not saying anything here I haven't said in the locker room. We need to break out of this deep dark hole. We lost to Northwestern this week, 24-14.

Game Stats:
3 Tackles
1 Hurry

Week 6 BYE

More solid special teams play in our 31-13 loss to Boise State. I might get on in the CFL if I keep playing well.

The Air Force Academy showed us who we were. We are a sub par team that needs to grow and grow fast. I was the only one to score points in our 33-6 loss against them.

Game Stats:

2/2 FG

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-17-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #99
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ok doing some research right now...I do not know if TCY is exporting properly.

I truly feel that Prill at the least would be in the NFL, yet he isn't in the draft file and none of the Solecisimic schools are showing up.

I may restart this idea again once I verify I am doing everything needed properly.