Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Werewolf III - Blood in the Snow

I've decided to start a 5 player werewolf game, that should run simultaneously with our larger game, and require less moderator oversight. It should be fun to watch though! I'm expecting this game to be short but intense, with lots of bluffing and trying to convince other players you're role X. I've recruited the following players who are either already out of the big game or were never in it:

Fonzie
Tigercat
Shorty
Qwikshot
Jeff061

Rules of this game (credit to Alexfrog@Boardgamegeek, these are his rules that I'm lifting)

The game begins with a 1st night session in which the werewolf does NOT get to kill someone. Roles with night abilities other than the werewolf use them now.

Next is the 1st day. The group lynches one player. Any player may make an accusation against another player. If the majority of players vote for the accusation, then that player is "on the block". A player on the block makes a defense speech, and then a death vote is called. If a majority vote for death in the death vote, the player is dead and may no longer post...no dying words or anything. If a majority do not vote for the death speech, it doesn't occur. If a subsequent lynching attempt is made against the same player, they must again go through two votes, a 'on the block' vote and a death vote.

Next is the 2nd night (assuming the werewolf is still alive). All abilities are used, including the werewolf's ability to kill.

Next is 2nd day, there are 3 players left, they lynch one player, with the same rules. This ends the game.

When a player dies, his or her role is NOT revealed. That player may no longer post. However, from the time of the first death to the end of game will likely be short, relative to the total game time.

The roles: I will randomly assign the following roles to the players:

Werewolf. (Duh!)

Sorcerer: The sorcerer wants the werewolf to win, and wins if the werewolf wins, even if the sorcerer is dead. The sorcerer looks like a villager to the seer. During the night, the sorcerer looks at one player and determines if they are the SEER or not. The sorcerer does NOT know the identity of the werewolf, the werewolf does NOT know the identity of the sorcerer.

Seer: During the night, looks at one player and determines if they are the WEREWOLF or not.

Hunter: If the game ends with the Hunter and Werewolf as the only 2 remaining players, then the hunter kills the werewolf and the villager team wins the game. Thus, the Werewolf/Sorcerer team must either kill the hunter or get him lynched, in order to win.

Villager: Basic villager.

You can PM each other, and claim whatever you want, but of course, you cannot PROVE your role. I will inform each player of his or her role to start the game.

Some strategy notes:

The hunter just needs to live in order to win. He is even more critical to the villager side than the seer is! Convincing the werewolf that he is the sorcerer can often result in a win for the villager team. But if he looks like a sorcerer to everyone, they may lynch him in day 1.

The sorcerer needs to be active, to help his team win. If he strongly believes the hunter to be dead, then in Day 2, he can offer himself to be lynched, and win (if the hunter really is dead).

The seer should probably reveal his information at a critical time in day 1. By day 2, it'll be him, werewolf, and either sorcerer or good guy. If sorcerer, the "I'm the seer and its X" will not work, the sorcerer wants to save the wolf. If villager, then its just his word against the wolf, of who is the real seer.

If the seer sees an innocent person, he can message that player and tell that player what he knows. Of course, he might have seen the sorcerer. Or the sorcerer might be the one claiming to be the seer in a private message, telling somoene they know they are innocent to get that person on his side.
The villager team wants for round 1 to last a long time, dragging out enough information to make a very educated guess as to who is the wolf. Random killing benefits the wolf, possibilities for deduction benefit the good side. As a member of the good team, be VERY careful of lynching someone. If you go along with the wolf and sorcerer to lynch an innocent, you have probably reached a 2 on 1 situation against the evil characters, which is very bad (especially if you are not the hunter).

I will send out the roles shortly, sorceror and seer should PM me with who you want to check out.

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Desnudo
Coordinator

Good stuff. Thanks for running these games Peregrine.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Your small village is isolated in the mountains, and has been peaceful most of the time until recently. Strange killings have occurred at night, and thinned the population of the village to a small number, with many fleeing to get to warmer (and safer) climes. The day before yesterday, most of your village burned to the ground, and many of the remaining people were killed. The 5 of you are the only survivors you have seen, huddling in a half-burned building and trying to keep warm. The blizzard-like snows have closed the passes to the south, so you are stuck here together for a while. There were many rumors about werewolves in the town, but also a rumor that a werewolf hunter had infiltrated the town secretly in order to kill the beast. Is either one true? As you watch each other over the small fire, huddling to keep warm, you all realize that the odds of any of you getting out alive suddenly seem slim indeed.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #4
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Allow me to be the first to say "I'm not a werewolf!"
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
NevStar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
"I'm... a werewolf!"

Old 06-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #6
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:

Just like a werewolf to use contractions.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #7
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:

Now, a clever werewolf would not post this first, because he would know that only a great fool would expect a werewolf to post this first. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose to lynch you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose to lynch someone else.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
Now, a clever werewolf would not post this first, because he would know that only a great fool would expect a werewolf to post this first. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose to lynch you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose to lynch someone else.

Exactly. Well done!
Old 06-28-2005, 03:43 PM   #9
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Dola-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevStar
Damn. NevStar caught my hint!

Last edited by Fonzie : 06-28-2005 at 03:44 PM. Reason: dola etiquette
Old 06-28-2005, 04:07 PM   #10
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

After checking out the last two games I'm afraid to post.

"He's the 5th person to post, lynch him!!" .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #11
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
After checking out the last two games I'm afraid to post.

"He's the 5th person to post, lynch him!!" .

That's a self-indictment if ever I've heard one.

Gentlemen, I think this is an open-and-shut case. Jeff061 is a werewolf!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #12
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

But am I really the 6th one to post??? The mystery rolls on .

Old 06-28-2005, 04:20 PM   #13
korme
Go Reds

It's kind of dimly lit in this place. I'm scared.

Don't eat me!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:42 PM   #14
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
It's kind of dimly lit in this place. I'm scared.

Don't eat me!

Only a werewolf would be so cowardly. Get him!

Old 06-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #15
Tigercat
College Starter

All I know is I don't trust any of you bastards.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #16
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm here

Last edited by Qwikshot : 06-28-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #17
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm not a basketweaver.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:10 PM   #18
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
All I know is I don't trust any of you bastards.

Which is exactly the kind of paranoia one would expect from a werewolf.

Get him!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:10 PM   #19
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I'm not a basketweaver.

We can see through your lies, basketweaver!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:18 PM   #20
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I see through your sad attempt to shift the focus on everyone else, wolfie!!

Old 06-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #21
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I see through your sad attempt to shift the focus on everyone else, wolfie!!
I know you are but what am I?

Last edited by Fonzie : 06-28-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:29 PM   #22
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I'm the Duke!

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:33 PM   #23
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Someone should probably accuse someone, to get this show on the road. Voting patterns are probably slightly less helpful than what people try to say to prove their innocence.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:02 PM   #24
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Vote Fonzie

You are the most active, thus the most eager, thus most likely to be

a werewolf.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #25
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Fonzie

Just to get things kicked off, probably wouldn't take much to get me to change my mind.

Old 06-28-2005, 08:28 PM   #26
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to bed in about an hour so won't be around til the morning. Please don't read into that .

Old 06-28-2005, 08:45 PM   #27
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Vote Fonzie

You are the most active, thus the most eager, thus most likely to be

a werewolf.

And how well has that theory worked out in the first two games?

In truth I was just making silly posts in an effort to kick start some kind of conversation.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:46 PM   #28
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Naturally I agree with that, as I've said as much several times .

Qwikshot was fast to point the finger though..

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-28-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #29
korme
Go Reds

Catching up here from the NBA Draft, I will try and change up the consesus - vote jeff061! I just get the same kind of vibe from Fonz that I had last game when I got killed.

Last edited by korme : 06-28-2005 at 09:58 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:34 PM   #30
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

There are only five of us, I placed a theory feel free to debate.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #31
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
There are only five of us, I placed a theory feel free to debate.

Okay.

You described me as being eager when I was clearly just posting a bunch of nonsense for the sake of getting discussion started. Yet it was you who cast the very first lynching vote (for me, of course), which suggests to me that it is in fact you who are eager to get on with the lynchings. And listen closely my friends: as Peregrine's original post suggests, an accelerated, careless lynching is the precise strategy that the wolf/sorceror team wants. Doing so increases the chances of lynching an innocent human, which plays right into their hands.

I'm not ready to cast my vote yet, but Qwikshot's credibility has taken a nose-dive with me.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:56 PM   #32
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Someone should probably accuse someone, to get this show on the road. Voting patterns are probably slightly less helpful than what people try to say to prove their innocence.

I was only doing as asked.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:02 PM   #33
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I was only doing as asked.

How obedient of you.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:01 AM   #34
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

In the rush to get things started I believe I made the wrong move, only sustaining a negative cycle (lynching the first post).

So I'm going to go a different route and Vote Tiger. Seems to me the Wolves try to keep a low profile and hope to be overlooked. In a 5 man round being overlooked once can be all the difference.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-29-2005 at 05:03 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:07 AM   #35
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well no one's on the block yet, so you guys are free to continue to talk and vote as you see fit.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #36
Tigercat
College Starter

I don't get a wolf vibe from Fonzie yet either. Maybe becoming a corpse would change that. I have a gut feeling about every role but the Wolf, and about everyone but Qwick. So for now at least, I vote Qwikshot.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:38 AM   #37
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

After sleeping on this, I've decided to vote for Qwikshot.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #38
Tigercat
College Starter

To make a case why we should accuse Qwikshot and demand an explanation on his actions, I agree with voting eagerness being more important than being eager to talk. There are only five of us in this. Only those of the hellspawn would want so quickly for any of us to die, while those of us that are good would want the truth to come out before the Wolves begin to pounce or before we accidently lynch those of us that may save us from being human sushi. Being quick to talk isn't as suspicious to me in this game as being quick to call for a lynching.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #39
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
To make a case why we should accuse Qwikshot and demand an explanation on his actions, I agree with voting eagerness being more important than being eager to talk. There are only five of us in this. Only those of the hellspawn would want so quickly for any of us to die, while those of us that are good would want the truth to come out before the Wolves begin to pounce or before we accidently lynch those of us that may save us from being human sushi. Being quick to talk isn't as suspicious to me in this game as being quick to call for a lynching.

Agreed - it would appear in his best interests to explain his actions. Saying "I was just doing as asked" strikes me as insufficient. I'd like to hear more on his reasoning.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #40
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agreed - it would appear in his best interests to explain his actions. Saying "I was just doing as asked" strikes me as insufficient. I'd like to hear more on his reasoning.

Go back I /gave/ a reason initially, then you asked why I was so quick...and it was so the game could progress.

It's the quiet ones that are killers...

Unvote Fonzie
Vote Shorty
Old 06-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #41
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Go back I /gave/ a reason initially, then you asked why I was so quick...and it was so the game could progress.

It's the quiet ones that are killers...

Unvote Fonzie
Vote Shorty

So, first you quickly say that those who are talkative and eager are likely to be wolves. When it was pointed out that the wolf/sorceror team would embrace that strategy, you change your tune and say that those who are quiet are wolves.

That's a pretty glaring flip-flop. Even though you are "doing me a favor" by not voting for me, it makes me wonder as to your motives...
Old 06-29-2005, 10:31 AM   #42
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I agree that was a rather obvious flip flop. I don't think I can trust Qwik this game, innocent or otherwise. I don't have any reason to question anyone else, other than a flimsy "quiet" argument"

Therefor I am changing my vote to Qwikshot

Old 06-29-2005, 10:35 AM   #43
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Do what you like, but I will be missed.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #44
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Okay Qwikshot is on the block at this point, make your defense speech, and any further votes should be in the format of "vote X for death" or "vote x for life."
Old 06-29-2005, 11:11 AM   #45
Tigercat
College Starter

I will wait for his defense speech to make a final decision, because I hate for us to kill an innocent when every life counts in this game, but color me even more suspicious over "I will be missed." Playing paranoia (knowing that we know we can so not afford to lose valuable good guys in such a tight game) before even making a legitimate defense sounds like evil spawn talk to me.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:18 AM   #46
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I will wait for his defense speech to make a final decision, because I hate for us to kill an innocent when every life counts in this game, but color me even more suspicious over "I will be missed." Playing paranoia (knowing that we know we can so not afford to lose valuable good guys in such a tight game) before even making a legitimate defense sounds like evil spawn talk to me.

He could be telling the truth - the sorceror might miss him.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:12 PM   #47
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Simply put, I'm not the werewolf, I'm not the sorceror...

I think Tigercat is a villager.

But I think Fonzie is a wolf or sorceror.

But I know Shorty who is usually very vocal has been very very quiet.

I may die, I may be hung, but I'm an innocent.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 06-29-2005 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #48
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Got to get this kicked off, so unfortuantly a lynching needs to take place with less evidence than I would like.

However between the 180 pulled earlier and a generic defense(though granted there is little that could be said).

I still Vote Qwikshot for death

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-29-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #49
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Got to get this kicked off, so unfortuantly a lynching needs to take place with less evidence than I would like.

However between the 180 pulled earlier and a generic defense(though granted there is little that could be said).

I still Vote Qwikshot
Ditto. He did nothing with his defense speech to change my opinion, so I vote Qwikshot for death.

I do hope that we're not lynching an innocent, but I just don't see any more attractive targets.

Last edited by Fonzie : 06-29-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #50
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

You guys are fools, or you are the werewolf and sorc.