Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Classic Soccer PC Game Released

Richard Hanna (along with designer Anthony Apostolico) is back at it again with another board game converted to the PC. This time has released Classic Soccer which has a similar feel as his other games such as second and ten, replay baseball, replay basketball, tennis, etc. From what I understand the design is Anthony's from his soccer board game.

If you like a board game feel and soccer, worth checking out.....they have a demo at https://asggames.com/time-travel-tennis-demo-2/

With the first release they have a number of leagues and word cup seasons you can check out at https://asggames.com/product-category/classic-soccer/

Some screens.....

SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:11 AM   #2
Hamdan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critcrh View Post
I've decided to start eating more foods that boost testosterone and downloaded the demo, you can definitely get a feel for the game from the demo. It allows you to play half a season of the complete game.

Is this any good? I'm going to try the demo for sure. I hope you can get a feel for the game doing that.

Last edited by Hamdan : 04-28-2023 at 01:18 PM.
Hamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
Critch
lolzcat

I've downloaded the demo, you can definitely get a feel for the game from the demo. It allows you to play half a season of the complete game.

It's polished and it runs smoothly, but it's not cheap. Base game is $35 and it comes with 16 historic teams, a fairly random mixture of great English league teams and also-rans. It'll cost another $20 to add a single league season or international tournament.

I'm not sure if they're planning on adding more historic seasons, but the current selection isnt very interesting. For EPL it's just the last three seasons so nothing before 2015-2016. If I was going to pay $20 to replay a single historic season I'd rather something older. Unless I missed it, there also doesnt seem to be an editor so you wont be able to make your own teams or download fan-made seasons.

There's another replay game, Headed Goal by RooGames, that's much the same price for the base game (depending on the exchange rate, it's 25 pounds) but the base game comes with a large selection of seasons and an editor. There is also a wide-range of fan-made seasons available for download. It's older and clunkier than Classic Soccer PC though, the base game is from 2004 with an update from 2010 and it wasnt groundbreaking even back then. I wouldnt really recommend it either.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I purchased the game and bought two seasons to go with it. Headed Goal game was created by the same developer and from what I understand will never be updated because uses older development tools.....Classic Soccer is the future for them.

Would you like it? Hard to tell....seems to me definitely geared towards board gamers and is very nicely done. Everything is presented very well and seems to flow nicely.

This will be a hard game to recommend or not recommend to anyone...best to try the demo for yourself. As for pricing, for these types of games pretty standard and comparable (in some cases cheaper) to others (strat, APC, other Hanna games, etc.).
Old 09-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm currently bouncing off the game. Figuring out how to play other matchees at the same time and strategy for the game.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:12 AM   #6
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I'm currently bouncing off the game. Figuring out how to play other matchees at the same time and strategy for the game.

Couple things....

1) A number of useful docs and one strategy doc in the game's documentation folder. Go into the About screen and you'll see a way to get to the PDF directory

2) If your talking about the telecast option, it wasn't immediate obvious to me as well to see other games going on while you play. Go into your league screen and then fixtures screen. Click on the yellowish tab on the left-hand side of the screen that says something like "Saturday, Mor" (basically your selected a time block of the day where the same games are playing). You'll then see the telecast screen. You can then choose which games to start with and start the group. During the game, you'll now seeing scoring updates popup from the other games. You can also switch between games and see overall scoreboard for the other games by selected the TV looking button in upper right if match screen.