Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #101
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Yeah, this is basically bad for the soul.

Heh. The life cycle of mobile gaming.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #102
Radii
Head Coach

I've definitely reached a point where it would be extremely beneficial to sink money in to continue progressing at any sort of decent rate. My offense is great at LP and nothing else, and the competition is more frequently exploting that fact. My defense is slowly improving but there are holes everywhere. I'm up to season 11, to get through season 10 I had to replay one game 5 times to win it at all and I had to go back and manually play 3 other games to win by enough to qualify for my bowl game.

I won't be spending any $$ here for sure, for now I'm still curious enough to keep going (or maybe hooked on that simple progression factor as I'm quite prone to be). One positive is that I certainly have never felt like I *have* to spend money to progress, at least so far.

I'm auto-ing through all of season 11 now, I didn't lose any games and ended up at 19/24 and will need to play a few games myself to progress. That works for me, maybe the one opponent in Season 10 that shut me down was just a super bad matchup.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #103
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm in Season 14, and the progression is natural. I'm stuck on 22 points, with two teams I've been lucky to beat at all, much less by ten. The play seems to be to just multi-replay them with a quick forfeit hook, in hopes of a fast start when I can then take control. It's a dumb grind.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:38 PM   #104
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I get this feeling as well. I see the odds on each play that is called. I feel like I'm getting un-Bobble-like good luck in this game and getting more interceptions and breakaways than I think I have a right to. Just my perception right now.

Allow me to quote myself. I've played through the Big Rock Bowl and a couple of Daily Knockouts and I just threw my first interception. I'm not sure I've gotten through a game where my team didn't intercept my opponent. I guess I'm hoping that all they've done is program in a little beginner's luck and things are going to get real from now on.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #105
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Is "Team Pat" a request to join from anyone here?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #106
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Team Pat? Does that mean Zinto is alive? He is Team Pat in our fantasy baseball league and he disappeared from the message board during the draft.

I assume it is him and it is good to know he is ok.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #107
QuikSand
lolzcat

I had a wifi outage at home Sunday, and it was a nice vehicle to pull me away from this crap for a while. Still finished in the 2nd tier for the weekend tournament, too. *shurg*
Old 07-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #108
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I unfortunately cut it too thin - was sitting in 252nd place (250 being the cutoff for the next prize tier), but my only available opponents were well out of my league in team rating. I attempted the "weakest" of them with 3 minutes left in the tournament, and pulled off a dramatic, last minute victory!

...only to find out it took too long and I was slotted at 252nd anyway.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #109
QuikSand
lolzcat

Developer A: So, I have worked out these pretty good customizable graphics of football players flexing and pointing and high fiving and stuff. I can loop it to make it look pretty convincing, and I can port various faces and stuff onto the bodies to make it personalized. Pretty cool, eh?

Developer B: Sure, great. Let's put some football stuff in with it, and this could be a great add-on feature for a game...

Developer A:

Last edited by QuikSand : 07-10-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #110
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
So, in my Daily Tournament, I played a team called "Off A Dewd". I won, and then it dawned on me the name.

"YOU BEAT OFF A DEWD"
Old 07-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #111
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I have already lost interest and uninstalled the program; feel free to delete the Almaden Avarice from our group if you would like to open up a slot.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #112
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
So, in my Daily Tournament, I played a team called "Off A Dewd". I won, and then it dawned on me the name.

"YOU BEAT OFF A DEWD"
I BEAT CHILDHOOD OBESITY the other day.

If Vince's spot opens up, let me know. I'm South End U, I'll probably play at least a couple more weeks.

Seem to have a decent gameplan built around Outside Runs & Short Passing where I can get the morale rolling, but I picked up a 5* TE who's 100 on LP's even at Level 1, so I've put in some more Long Passes. Inside Runs seem completely useless. About to get my first 1000 point pack, so we'll see what turns up & if it affects my strategy.

Since I plan to put $0 into this, recruiting wise I figure I'll keep using the Recruit Points to go for 3*'s & hope for duplicates. Anytime I can use $$$ to buy as many of a player as needed to make him a legend under Recruit Offers it seems worth it also.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 07-13-2017 at 05:26 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #113
cartman
Death Herald

Vince's spot will open up this evening. He does have some accumulated points, and the alliance challenge finishes up in about an hour and a half.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #114
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Vince's spot will open up this evening. He does have some accumulated points, and the alliance challenge finishes up in about an hour and a half.
Yeah, I figured that was the time to do it. Not sure if points carryover & I only have like 2,000 anyways since I started midweek. I'm in some random group that'll get me 15 Recruit Points this week at least.

OOC, how much better are plays once they level up? I've got a couple with 1/2 necessary duplicates to level it up, think that could be a nice boost to some of the Outside Runs I have & make them even more powerful.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #115
Radii
Head Coach

i've played against "Me Off" for the same "you beat" shenanigans.

I'm still playing, but I'm mostly just keeping up with the tournaments now, it seems like I need to luck into the right players to progress at a more steady rate, so I'm barely touching league games. That makes it much less of a time sink for now, which actually makes continuing more appealing.

I'm pretty close to where quik was the last time he posted on strategy, thinking of stockpiling coins to use on specific players if I get good fits in the "exclusive offers" section instead of continuing to waste 1000 coins on the nationwide search. Initial thought is to make sure I always have 2000 coins available for a 5* player, and then if I get to 3000, go ahead buy a pack. But I'm not sure about that even, it may be better to hoard 4-5k so that i could buy a 5* and a duplicate if the right player comes along. Oh well, I'm at around 475 right now, with 1000 coming in the tournament. I'm a ways away from needing to make actual decisions there.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #116
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
OOC, how much better are plays once they level up? I've got a couple with 1/2 necessary duplicates to level it up, think that could be a nice boost to some of the Outside Runs I have & make them even more powerful.

Not that much. I have inside runs that went from 2.5 to 2.6, long passes that went from 15.5->15.8, 22.5->22.9. I don't have any plays up to level 3 yet.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #117
cartman
Death Herald

Looks like someone else already booted Vince, so feel free to apply now.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #118
Radii
Head Coach

We're actually 45th in the tournament as an alliance. Some of us are getting close to prestige 9 to bump up to Division II which should mean more points for the same effort, 25th as an alliance would get us a bump up to 100 recruiting points which would be nice.

It looks like JAG spent some extra time this round to get into the top 10. I'm in 23rd without really trying this time around, I'll probably shoot for the top 10 next time.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #119
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
We're actually 45th in the tournament as an alliance. Some of us are getting close to prestige 9 to bump up to Division II which should mean more points for the same effort, 25th as an alliance would get us a bump up to 100 recruiting points which would be nice.

It looks like JAG spent some extra time this round to get into the top 10. I'm in 23rd without really trying this time around, I'll probably shoot for the top 10 next time.
Put the application in, we'll see if my points transfer over. Either way, really looking forward to that 10-player pack in an hour... I feel like my team has a decent base at most positions for my level, but I desperately need a solid QB who fits my gameplan.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #120
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i've played against "Me Off" for the same "you beat" shenanigans.

I'm still playing, but I'm mostly just keeping up with the tournaments now, it seems like I need to luck into the right players to progress at a more steady rate, so I'm barely touching league games. That makes it much less of a time sink for now, which actually makes continuing more appealing.

I'm pretty close to where quik was the last time he posted on strategy, thinking of stockpiling coins to use on specific players if I get good fits in the "exclusive offers" section instead of continuing to waste 1000 coins on the nationwide search. Initial thought is to make sure I always have 2000 coins available for a 5* player, and then if I get to 3000, go ahead buy a pack. But I'm not sure about that even, it may be better to hoard 4-5k so that i could buy a 5* and a duplicate if the right player comes along. Oh well, I'm at around 475 right now, with 1000 coming in the tournament. I'm a ways away from needing to make actual decisions there.

I'm spending 1k gold each time I get it on the nationwide search. The biggest jump in ability seems to be not how many stars a player has, but how many they have unlocked (as well as the big jump in abilities players get at higher star levels). So I figure, try to accumulate as many 4 x 3* players as possible for now to get a more competitive team. If I pull any 4* or 5* players, they'll help sometime down the line as well (if I'm still playing then).

EDIT: Also helps getting more legendary 2* players for a 4% stat boost at that position.

Last edited by JAG : 07-13-2017 at 10:09 PM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:44 PM   #121
rjolley
College Starter

I've noticed the 1* legendary bonuses stack. Does anyone know if the 2* legendary bonuses stack with the 1* ones?
rjolley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #122
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm spending 1k gold each time I get it on the nationwide search. The biggest jump in ability seems to be not how many stars a player has, but how many they have unlocked (as well as the big jump in abilities players get at higher star levels). So I figure, try to accumulate as many 4 x 3* players as possible for now to get a more competitive team. If I pull any 4* or 5* players, they'll help sometime down the line as well (if I'm still playing then).

yeah all of this makes sense. I just have so many players that don't fit that well, I really want enough banked to buy any player that is a good fit and would become a new starter for me right away. This weekend tournament will put me real close to 3k. I think I'll just keep a bank of 2k and go from there for now.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 PM   #123
chinaski
College Prospect

Just downloaded, alliance req incoming.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:41 AM   #124
chinaski
College Prospect

Pretty addicting! Havent lost a game yet, something like 14-0. But, I think that is expected in the early going. Could have played someone from the FOFC alliance in the weekend tourney, but they were around 40 compared to my 17 rating, figured that would have been a loss no matter what.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:26 AM   #125
henry296
College Starter

For the recruit points, am I better off buying 5 3* players for 25 points each or the 4 star play for 120?
Old 07-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #126
Bobble
College Prospect

What do you get for being in the Alliance? Protection from Browncoats? What are the responsibilities?
Old 07-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #127
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
What do you get for being in the Alliance? Protection from Browncoats? What are the responsibilities?

You get extra recruiting points based on how the entire alliance does in the tournament games. No responsibilities other than trying to earn as many points as possible.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #128
Bobble
College Prospect

I saw an opening in the FOFC Alliance so I applied. I don't know if you've already accepted chinaski and that's another spot or he's already claimed that.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #129
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Just lost to MU OH ******** in the Weekend Tournament.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #130
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
For the recruit points, am I better off buying 5 3* players for 25 points each or the 4 star play for 120?

Until you have a decent set of 3* starters who have been duplicated and upgrade at least to 20, then the 3* players seems to be the answer.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #131
Bobble
College Prospect

You should actually get a BONUS if you fumble a fumblerooski. #DeepThoughts
Old 07-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #132
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I've noticed the 1* legendary bonuses stack. Does anyone know if the 2* legendary bonuses stack with the 1* ones?
Yes, they do. I've got a 6% bump for my TE's from a 1 & a 2 star legends, and I've run into some teams with really high prestige (like Level 17) who have like 24% bonuses for various positions. (Though still only starting 1-2* players - I'm not really sure what their strategy is.)
Quote:
Until you have a decent set of 3* starters who have been duplicated and upgrade at least to 20, then the 3* players seems to be the answer.
Yeah, that's what I'd recommend too. Early on 4&5* players can be nice just maxed out at Level 1, but getting duplicates is really the way to go. Especially because those player bonuses improve as well & some can be really useful.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #133
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
I saw an opening in the FOFC Alliance so I applied. I don't know if you've already accepted chinaski and that's another spot or he's already claimed that.

Ah yeah, it was full when i checked and I havent checked since.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #134
chinaski
College Prospect

applied! Not sure what my ign is, but the team is Portland Antifa lol
Old 07-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #135
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I played a team that was really a bear to beat. I was about 10 points better in rating, but he loaded up on outside run on all his offensive guys. On D, I was playing my "long pass" team I use to beatup on the league (easier to get more points) and he had 100+ in all long pass guys. He also had two guys that gave him a massive boost in the first two minutes. My first drive was a punt (I even did a kneel down on 3rd because my pie was nothing). I ended up winning like 11-3, but he was way more tough than his rating showed.

It was pretty cool watching his offense, he basically had 8 runs (6 outside IIRC) with all guys with 100+ outside run. He would slow bleed you to death with runs. He seemed to bank on getting a good morale early with his runs and first 2 minute special and use that to stay in games. I think my short pass team would have won a little easier, but with so many people going heavy long pass - it was a cool strategy. Run outside runs to death (even picking run on D didn't impact his pie a ton with all 100+s) and stack the deck again long passes. Just a cool observation and I like seeing strategies like that. I may get more creative as my player pool increases (esp on offense). I'm pretty heavy on Short pass and outside run, but I may try the all outside run move if I get the players and face a tough opponent.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:49 PM   #136
Arles
Grey Dog Software

So, I was stuck in an extremely boring Friday meeting for 30 minutes. So, while it wasn't my turn, I looked at the most common plays I see people using and what spots impact them on D. Here's the data:

longer yardage IR (4+):
MLB-3, OLB-4, DT-2, S-2

Longer yardage OR (4+):
MLB-4, OLB-4, DT-3, S-1

Short pass:
MLB-4, OLB-4, CB-5, S-3, DT-2

Long Pass:
MLB-1, OLB-3, CB-5, S-5, DT-3

So, it looks like the best setup is a MLB and OLB that's very good at OR and SP (and decent at LP for OLB), CB at SP and LP, S at LP (and maybe SP) and DT at OR and LP. OLB seems to be the most used, so a balanced guy there is the key I think. If I had one 5-star spot, I'd choose OLB. Of around the 20 total plays I looked at, OLB is in on 15.

Last edited by Arles : 07-14-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:45 PM   #137
QuikSand
lolzcat

Great intel, Arlie, thanks.

At OLB, I have Jonah TUI, who is a great all-purpose guy (who has green hair and says something in his profile about playing rugby I think). He's a 4* guy, I only have one card, but even just at level 10 and +6% he's rated 77-87-87-77 for us, so he's at least solid in everything, which is great. I have other defensive players with specific skills that are better, but nobody else that broad-based by a longshot. I also see Tui as a starter on a lot of higher end teams.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #138
Radii
Head Coach

Finally I lucked into a complete defensive player. DT Arnie Stacks, and I quickly pulled a duplicate. At level 20 I've got his skills at 125/139/118/104 (12% legend bonus). First legit upgrade other than just swapping out players with varying weaknesses, and legend bonuses, once things settled after the very fast progression of the first week.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #139
Bobble
College Prospect

Newb question: If I play a tournament game and lose, do I LOSE ranking points?
Old 07-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #140
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Newb question: If I play a tournament game and lose, do I LOSE ranking points?

nope.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #141
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Finally I lucked into a complete defensive player. DT Arnie Stacks, and I quickly pulled a duplicate. At level 20 I've got his skills at 125/139/118/104 (12% legend bonus). First legit upgrade other than just swapping out players with varying weaknesses, and legend bonuses, once things settled after the very fast progression of the first week.

I have the same guy, and looks roughly the same at Level 20 here. Stud.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #142
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just fired this up. Do we have enough demand for a second alliance?
Old 07-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #143
Radii
Head Coach

Harriet is digamma right? I know he isn't playing anymore.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #144
digamma
Torchbearer

Yeah, you can boot me. Harriet Harriers.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #145
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just applied: MH Marauders
Old 07-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #146
chinaski
College Prospect

Does losing a game have any negative effects?
Old 07-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #147
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Does losing a game have any negative effects?

Three different types of games:

Weekday Tournament: Attempting a game uses up one of your three available game slots (they refresh every couple hours or you can spend some currency to make them refresh faster). A loss just means you got 0 points for that game, no other penalty.

Daily Knockout: If you lose a game, you can watch an ad to attempt it again one time. After that, you have to spend currency to keep trying to win. Its the same currency you win for advancing in the tournament, so whether to do that becomes a strategic/EV decision. I have a couple times given up on a tournament after my ad-watch free retry b/c I thought the odds were stacked enough against me with a specific opponent that it wasn't worth spending anything to keep trying.

Road To Glorly (seasons): No penalty for losing. You can spam attempt these forever and ever.

Last edited by Radii : 07-19-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #148
chinaski
College Prospect

Aaah good to know, thanks Radii!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #149
chinaski
College Prospect

Finally got my first loss, it was in the final game of the daily knockout. This team was rated 36, to my 30... they had a flea flicker play that was 50 yards with a minimum chance of around 45% chance. They scored on me 4 times with it, including a 89 yarder :/
Old 07-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #150
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Weekday Tournament: Attempting a game uses up one of your three available game slots (they refresh every couple hours or you can spend some currency to make them refresh faster). A loss just means you got 0 points for that game, no other penalty.

Even if you lose a Weekday/Weekend Tournament game, you still get a few whistles and silver. Don't be afraid to spam away on Tournament games.

BTW, does anyone else look at the gold recruit currency thingy and think "gold-pressed latinum"? It's a weird Star Trek/football crossover, I know.

Last edited by Bobble : 07-20-2017 at 07:49 AM.