Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #2351
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A car flipped over outside of my church this morning thanks to the snow. I ran over and helped him out of the car. He was okay, but obviously not happy about flipping the car.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #2352
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

My wife and I were making fruit salad and talking with a friend online and the following came up. So, quick, if you can do this without looking:

What are the five "fruits" in generic school lunch fruit cocktail?

(Also, I don't care what if your school decided to "spruce things up" by adding something odd like watermelon. We're talking about what is the standard Del Monte fruit cup that schools imitated.)

Spoiler

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #2353
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
My wife and I were making fruit salad and talking with a friend online and the following came up. So, quick, if you can do this without looking: ...

I only got 4 of 5, missed the one your friend missed & tbh, don't know that I ever realized that one was in there. I remembered the stuff pretty clearly (or so I thought) but don't believe I ever ate a bite of it in my life.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #2354
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
"mayhem" from State Farm Insurance
I love ice-skating. It's really just running around on an icy surface with knives strapped to your feet.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #2355
Passacaglia
Coordinator

4 of 5 here, I couldn't think of the second one.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:45 AM   #2356
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This snow is getting way out of hand. Absolutely fucking insane.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:12 AM   #2357
Izulde
Head Coach

Well, this is one of the more unusual eBay bids I've made, but it's all my roommate's fault.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #2358
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This snow is getting way out of hand. Absolutely fucking insane.

I hate snow. I have no idea why I continue to live in Wisconsin.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #2359
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm wondering if I saw the beginnings of a high speed chase on the freeway this morning. Motorcycle was in front of a highway patrol car with its lights flashing and it didn't look like the motorcycle was making any effort to pull over. A couple of miles down the freeway, I see a different CHP car with its lights flashing, hauling ass past everyone.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #2360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Eaglesfan (the original) and I get mixed up sometimes. It could become even worse soon, as I am looking at a house in Mays Landing, NJ and could be in the same location as him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #2361
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Eaglesfan (the original) and I get mixed up sometimes. It could become even worse soon, as I am looking at a house in Mays Landing, NJ and could be in the same location as him.

Will this upset the space/time continuum by any chance?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #2362
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Will this upset the space/time continuum by any chance?

Only if they occupy the same space at the same time, and I choose not to think about that happening...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #2363
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I can't freakin take the intrusion of ads everywhere. Here is the latest brainchild:

Quote:
The marketing world is drawing up plans to invade one of the last bastions of media that is largely advertising-free: books.

As e-books proliferate, advertisers are experimenting with ways to pitch to consumers while they read, a trend that could change the publishing business but faces opposition from some traditionalists.

Marketers are exploring a variety of formats, including sponsorships that give readers free books. Videos, graphics or text with an advertiser's message that appear when a person first starts a book or along the border of the digital pages are also in the works. Ads can be targeted based on the book's content and the demographic and profile information of the reader.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #2364
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Only if they occupy the same space at the same time, and I choose not to think about that happening...

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #2365
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I can't freakin take the intrusion of ads everywhere. Here is the latest brainchild:

One more reason why I am glad I have stuck with paper...
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 12-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #2366
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post

love the timecop reference. For some reason I always think about Ron Silver when someone says they can't be in two places at the same time.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #2367
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Since we're talking about Timecop, I really think that could have been a really good movie if not for the fact that it starred JCVD and he sucks. Maybe in like 10 more years they will remake it with good actors, a real budget and some better writing and we'll have a top notch trilogy.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #2368
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Haha! Yes! I guess more people watched Timecop than I thought.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #2369
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

for our holiday party, I just made bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped pretzel rods (pretzel rods wrapped in center cut bacon, microwaved for around 2 minutes for 6 and then dusted with nacho cheese popcorn seasoning).

The pretzel rods won't make it out the door since I just ate 10 of them...
Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #2370
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
for our holiday party, I just made bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped pretzel rods (pretzel rods wrapped in center cut bacon, microwaved for around 2 minutes for 6 and then dusted with nacho cheese popcorn seasoning).

Does the bacon not just fall/slide/slip off the pretzel rods? I'm having a tough time getting my head around how this works in terms of staying together.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #2371
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Stuck in a traffic standstill for an hour plus now. I'm right before the exit I need. This job sucks. This night sucks. Fuck everything, this is fucking bullshit
Old 12-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #2372
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Does the bacon not just fall/slide/slip off the pretzel rods? I'm having a tough time getting my head around how this works in terms of staying together.

You just spiral the bacon strip down and it adheres to the pretzel rod fairly well. (also works well with the hard style breadsticks). Just need to cook on top of paper towels so the grease soaks into the towels. The pretzel rods will soften a little bit from the bacon grease, but not alot. Of course, assuming you use center cut..

This is what they look like after microwaving..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3516a.jpg (73.2 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by Mustang : 12-15-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #2373
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Supposedly the wreckage is clear but now the cops gotta "wake up" a bunch of sleeping semi drivers. So fucking dumb
Old 12-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #2374
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm about to start treating people like they were reginald denny.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #2375
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to stay calm but shit like this makes me wanna rage all bezerker and shit. I fucking hayte most semi drivers and I'm sure some asshead was going too fast for fucking conditions and supposedly caused this multiple commercial vehicle pileup.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #2376
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Now past the 1.5 hour mark. Now I know how the test audience for The Little Fockers felt
Old 12-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #2377
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What better: spening 1.5 hours stationary, or watching any 3 of the Grady episodes from Sanford and Son.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #2378
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I once was stationary for over 3 hours one time. Semi wrecked and hit a sign that crossed the highway, I was on the way home from lone star park. There was jockey challenge that night, I had pval on a favorite with just prado on a 9 to 1 shot. It was ten dollar exacta. While waiting I had plenty of time wishing I would have boxed them cause prado always beats me. Got home and checked online and all I can say is I got stuck in traffic for over three hours how do you think it came in.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 12-15-2010 at 01:42 AM.
TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #2379
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You just spiral the bacon strip down and it adheres to the pretzel rod fairly well. (also works well with the hard style breadsticks). Just need to cook on top of paper towels so the grease soaks into the towels. The pretzel rods will soften a little bit from the bacon grease, but not alot. Of course, assuming you use center cut.. This is what they look like after microwaving..

Okay, makes more sense now w/ the pic. Those are bigger pretzels than what I was thinking of.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #2380
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Listening to Rob Dibble hurts my ears and destroys my soul, bit by bit. This morning's brilliant comment, in talking about Cashman and the original Steinbrenner:

"It's like HR Block - when the boss talks you listen."

First of all it's H&R Block, not HR Pufnstuf, dumbass. Second of all, that reference is so damn old, I wouldn't expect anyone under the age of maybe 32 to get it. And third of all, it's freakin' EF HUTTON YOU GODDAMN MORON!!!

That guy who works with him...I'd love to see a Mike & Mike-type camera on their show every day. That guy must bite his tongue a million times a morning when Dibble says something stupid. I couldn't imagine working with someone that stupid and not just unleashing the focking fury on him, throwing my headphones down, and walking out of there. It would be so tempting, I bet.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-15-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #2381
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Stuck in a traffic standstill for an hour plus now. I'm right before the exit I need. This job sucks. This night sucks. Fuck everything, this is fucking bullshit

Quote:
Supposedly the wreckage is clear but now the cops gotta "wake up" a bunch of sleeping semi drivers. So fucking dumb

Quote:
I'm about to start treating people like they were reginald denny.

Quote:
I'm trying to stay calm but shit like this makes me wanna rage all bezerker and shit. I fucking hayte most semi drivers and I'm sure some asshead was going too fast for fucking conditions and supposedly caused this multiple commercial vehicle pileup.

Quote:
Now past the 1.5 hour mark. Now I know how the test audience for The Little Fockers felt

Quote:
What better: spening 1.5 hours stationary, or watching any 3 of the Grady episodes from Sanford and Son.

I can't believe this wasn't made into a dynasty thread.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #2382
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

Heh. The other day when the trailer for that movie came on TV, I thought that it's probably not a good sign when 2/3rds of the trailer for a movie consists of clips from 2 other movies.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #2383
DanGarion
Coordinator

My first experience in the fine state of Texas was spending well over 1 hour at 11 PM on the top of the I-635 to Highway 75 overpass while they did construction. Just what I was looking forward to doing after flying in.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #2384
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Snoopy v. Red Baron Snoopy's Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlf--...ature=youtu.be

Yay!!!
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #2385
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I might be the only guy in America wondering why I haven't had players standing like a wall on the sideline. I mean, don't try and hurt anyone or trip a player, but I like the intimidation concept. Seems like I'm the only one thinking "that's a great idea."
Old 12-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #2386
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just getting around to this...Was driving to work this morning and sneezed, which pulled a bunch of muscles by the bottom of my ribs on the left side. I did the exact same thing to my right side, but, further up, a little over a year and a half ago. WTF???? The pain on my right side still has not completely gone away and now I look forward to months and months of pain on the other side now. Awesome.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #2387
MJ4H
Coordinator

A student of mine turned me on to the soundtrack to How to Train Your Dragon (how to drain your dragon might be an interesting movie rite). I have never considered watching this movie, but this score is pretty bad ass. The track called Test Flight is kicking my ass all over the place. Can't stop listening to it.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #2388
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Test Drive?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #2389
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yeah I think that's it. Sorry.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #2390
McSweeny
College Starter

I seem to have survived my first trip to the penalty box.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #2391
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Welcome to the NHL.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #2392
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Just getting around to this...Was driving to work this morning and sneezed, which pulled a bunch of muscles by the bottom of my ribs on the left side. I did the exact same thing to my right side, but, further up, a little over a year and a half ago. WTF???? The pain on my right side still has not completely gone away and now I look forward to months and months of pain on the other side now. Awesome.

Are you related to Sammy Sosa?
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #2393
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I like the intimidation concept.

This is the new NFL, son. Intimidation is one of those things, like hitting people hard and celebrating accomplishments, that won't be tolerated anymore.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #2394
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Man, having a morning...

Found out one of my friends had a heart attack and is in a coma and then found out the biggest customer for my department was bought out. (accounts probably for 1/4 of our revenue at least so.. no idea how that affects my future). Daughter is sick and new windows are getting put in now...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #2395
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

I do this a lot. Not sneezing, but some other little inane thing (reaching for something, for example) that pulls a muscle in my ribcage. I've literally lost count with the number of times it has happened to me in the last 15 years.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #2396
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Are you related to Sammy Sosa?

Haha! I might as well be if I keep doing that. However, I have never used a corked bat.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #2397
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

JediKooter has the last post in like...15 threads right now.

I remember when we only had four total forums here @ FOFC, and Wig went on a rampage one evening on all four. He had the last post in something like 40 threads spread out, then when other people would respond, he would go back and edit his OP to make the response absolutely hilarious.

Awesome.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #2398
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
JediKooter has the last post in like...15 threads right now.

I remember when we only had four total forums here @ FOFC, and Wig went on a rampage one evening on all four. He had the last post in something like 40 threads spread out, then when other people would respond, he would go back and edit his OP to make the response absolutely hilarious.

Awesome.

Slow day at work and thanks for the idea. I'm off to edit some posts...

Last edited by JediKooter : 12-17-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #2399
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Prepare for the universe to explode or something - I just verbally accepted a job offer to return to NJ and there is a good chance I will be buying a house in Mays Landing, NJ
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #2400
JediKooter
Coordinator

Congrats EF27!!!