Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-31-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Bowl Week 3!!!! Files due Saturday, January 4th!!!!

Bowl Week 3

Sun Bowl: Oregon vs #22 USF

Chick-fil-A Bowl: Mississippi State vs #20 NC State

Sugar Bowl: #3 USC vs #8 Kentucky

Cotton Bowl: #11 Georgia vs #16 Colorado

Fiesta Bowl: #6 Oklahoma State vs #10 Michigan

Orange Bowl: #18 North Carolina vs #4 Texas A&M

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just a heads up .. Nej has dropped out and WVUFan is in as Cinncys coach.

Welcome aboard.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Woohoo! Welcome WVUFan.

I'm looking forward to a good game in the Peach Bowl(I can't bear to call it the chik fil a bowl... its the peach bowl dammit). Brandon Roberts should have already wrapped up the Heisman, but I'll try to make sure he seals the deal in his first bowl game.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I lost the MF'ing Sun Bowl to Oregon, 38-31. I made a couple bad throws, and we fumbled a punt and and what was to be a 1st down catch. Just frustrating for Grothe and Selvies last games, but 9-4 ain't nothin to be ashamed of.

On to next year!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Woohoo! Welcome WVUFan.

Brandon Roberts should have already wrapped up the Heisman, but I'll try to make sure he seals the deal in his first bowl game.

I forgot that awards are announced before the bowl games get going:

Heisman Trophy Winner: NC State HB Brandon Roberts

I really didn't understand how overpowered the option can be for the first 5-6 weeks of the season, and these numbers are thus a bit inflated. If he hangs around for another season I imagine they'd be a bit less outrageous as a result.

311 carries
3428 yards rushing
11 yards per carry
Average yards per game: 285
48 Rushing TDs

The rushing yards and rushing TDs both demolished Barry Sanders' single season records.

99 SPD for a halfback is just way, way overboard, and i think any one of us that lucks our way into such a back would put up similar numbers, and if you really tried much, much more. Roberts only played 1 quarter of his final two games(running for 105 yards vs Toledo and 223 yards vs TCU, each on 9 carries).
Old 12-31-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

NC State closes out the season with a 28-7 victory over Mississippi State. Roberts is held under 100 yards for the only time this season, getting 90 yards on 15 carries. He got hurt twice, once a "will return soon" injury in the first quarter, and one in the 3rd quarter that knocked him out for the game. Our defense is really what won this game, as Mississippi State really never got anything going at all.

We led 14-0 at the half and returned the kickoff to open the second half back for a TD. A final TD was scored on a pick-6.

On to next year!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #7
Ironhead
College Prospect

I didn't even realize I was playing a human team until I went to play my game. Mike - I can play any time the next couple of days. Let me know what works for you.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

I beat up on Michigan, something like 55-29, and Wheeden threw for over 470 yards and 7 scores, and Ugo Chinasa had 6 sacks.

Problem is, I haven't been able to connect for hours. It's not the typical message that is talked about in the stickied thread -- this one is saying I must be signed into XBL and the EA servers in order to access the site, and then it's asking me to retry or abandon the game. Weird thing is I'm definitely signed into XBL, as I can see my friends online. Tried unplugging the wireless and reset my router, no luck.

I'm gonna search around and see if I can find an answer before powering down.

Looks like I'll need to wait until tomorrow to add this trophy.

Last edited by Logan : 01-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I beat up on Michigan, something like 55-29, and Wheeden threw for over 470 yards and 7 scores, and Ugo Chinasa had 6 sacks.

Problem is, I haven't been able to connect for hours. It's not the typical message that is talked about in the stickied thread -- this one is saying I must be signed into XBL and the EA servers in order to access the site, and then it's asking me to retry or abandon the game. Weird thing is I'm definitely signed into XBL, as I can see my friends online. Tried unplugging the wireless and reset my router, no luck.

I'm gonna search around and see if I can find an answer before powering down.

Looks like I'll need to wait until tomorrow to add this trophy.

That sucks man. I was wondering if something was up. I was just on and I saw you constantly signing in and out.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah it's weird, I was clearly logged on since I could see people, but according to them, I wasn't.

I'll just take my frustrations out on Michigan again a little later.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
Logan
Head Coach

No problems this time as we win 45-10.

Brandon Weeden went for 404 yards and 4 TDs, giving him 60 on the season which is a new NCAA record. He threw for just over 5700 yards, about 130 short of that record. Only a RS SO, hopefully he sticks around another year to defend his 1st team AA status.

Fellow 1st team AA Dez Bryant might be another early entry, with 69 catches, 1491 yards and 14 TDs. Antrell Woods joined him in the 1000 yard club, with 65 rec, 1074 yards, and 11 TDs.

True freshman Charles Mays didn't start getting used regularly until the later part of the season, but he added 30 catches for 767 yards and a startling 12 TDs, earning Freshman AA honors. He was also second in the country in punt return average, at 18 yards per, and also added one TD.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Deadline is extended until tomorrow at midnight, then we're advancing.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Bah. I was booted off the servers trying to load the game. It just froze. Very slow tonight.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #14
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I keep getting booted as well. Took forever to just get into the Dynasty servers. Now it is losing connection to the servers as I try to load the game.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I didn't even realize I was playing a human team until I went to play my game. Mike - I can play any time the next couple of days. Let me know what works for you.

I am sorry, we were supposed to play last night. I took my kids to the movies and we got stuck there because we missed the earlier showing. Go ahead and set me to auto pilot and play this vs. the CPU. I will not be available before Monday evening.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 01-04-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
Ironhead
College Prospect

Without the leadership of their coach the Tarheels fall apart and are shutout in the the Orange Bowl by a final of 38-0. Turnovers were the story of the game as North Carolina threw 3 interceptions and also lost 3 fumbles, all coughed up from star player Hakeem Nicks. Almost all of A&M's points resulted from possessions on turnovers.

The first fumble came early in the 1st quarter after both teams exchanged 3 and outs. A&M punted the ball away and Nicks gambled on the return:

Just when it looked like North Carolina might be putting something together fumble #2 occurred:

With A&M up by a score of 24-0 the Tarheels had a chance to go into halftime with some momentum but couldn't even hit a 34 yard field goal:

It was really all downhill from there. Nicks would fumble for the third time on a kickoff early in the 3rd quarter:

An interception deep in their own territory not that much later would seal any hope of a Tarheel victory:

Some stats for North Carolina:
T.J. Yates finished 19 of 29 for 173 yards and 3 picks

Womble struggled against the #1 rushing defense in the nation and finished with only 38 yards on 17 carries

Hakeem Nicks did catch 7 balls for 83 yards but fumbled 3 times

Wesley Flagg was an absolute beast on defense and finished with 8 tackles, 3 sacks and 1 interception

Sucks that the season had to end this way for North Carolina. Hopefully a proper rematch can be scheduled next season.

Last edited by Ironhead : 01-04-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I keep getting booted as well. Took forever to just get into the Dynasty servers. Now it is losing connection to the servers as I try to load the game.

Sorry about the 4 restarts on my game against USC. It looks like everytime I hit "retry" when the load timed out, it counted as a restart. Once the game finally loaded and we kicked off, I was able to play without any issues to the end.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote