Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 12!!! Uploads due Saturday, December 13th!!!

Week 12 Schedule

#4 Pitt vs Hawaii
#24 NC State @ Miami
#21 Ole Miss vs LSU
#11 Oklahoma State @ Baylor
USF vs Cinncy
#23 North Carolina vs Duke
Virgina vs #18 Va. Tech
#9 Kentucky vs Tennessee

Byes: #15 Colorado, #3 Arkansas, #10 Texas A&M, Syracuse

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ironhead:

A&M beat Mizzou 27-13
Old 12-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Conference Notes

- The ACC title game is officially set, as it'll be North Carolina taking on Clemson for the right to go to presumably the Orange Bowl.

- The Big 12 title game will be set this week, barring a miracle win by Baylor over Ok. State, as Colorado and Oklahoma State will be doing battle with the winner more then likely heading to the Fiesta Bowl.

- Pitt clinched the Big East with the win over WVU. They need some outside help to get into the National Title game as of now, otherwise they will probably face the NC/Clemson winner in the Orange Bowl.

- The SEC Title Game will be a rematch of the week 11 classic between Arkansas and Kentucky assuming both teams win week 12. Arkansas has a shot to go to the National Title game if they win out as they currently sit #2 in the BCS.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 12-09-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

BCS Rankings

#1. Ohio State
#2. Arkansas
#3. Oregon State
#4. Pittsburgh
#5. BYU
#6. USC
#7. Wisconsin
#8. Kentucky
#9. Texas A&M
#10. Arizona State
#11. Oklahoma State
#12. Oklahoma
#13. Georgia
#14. Colorado
#15. Notre Dame

Assuming Ohio State wins out, which they more then likely will, they will have a shot to repeat for the NC. Hopefully whoever plays them this year actually gives them a game, unlike last season.

Arkansas control their own fate as well. Winning out will add another victory over a top 10 BCS team (Kentucky) which should seal it up for them.

Oregon State is a surprising undefeated, but with 3 games left nothing is for sure with them. The three games left are not vs world beaters (UW, Oregon and Arizona) but the team is overachieving so a slip up could occur anywhere.

Pitt needs Ohio State and Oregon State to lose to have a shot. Chances are it won't happen.

BYU is interesting because they've played no one, but week 13 they have a huge game vs Texas A&M. An A&M win would pretty much lock them in as an at Large.

So anyway, here are my BCS predictions:

BCS Title Game: Ohio State vs Arkansas

Rose Bowl: Oregon State vs Texas A&M
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State/Colorado vs USC
Sugar Bowl: BYU vs Kentucky
Fiesta Bowl: Pitt vs North Carolina
Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We did this past week in a couple of days, so now with 8 games, let's really see if we can knock this out fast.

We basically have 3 weeks left counting this one, because no one has a week 15 game, so then we just have a day to recruit thrown in and we can head to the conference title games.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm anxious to see how my last few recruits visiting turned out. I was starting to turn a few guys that I thought I didn't have much of a shot at 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

I'm out until Friday, so I'll get the Baylor game in on Saturday at the latest. Assuming you can advance, I'll do my next week's recruiting on Sunday, giving time for everyone else to catch up as I'll be out from Monday to Tuesday afternoon. Then that gives us time to square off afterwards.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

Congrats to North Carolina on making the ACC Title game! Hopefully starting next year the Atlantic Division will have human representation in the title game as well.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

#24 NC State beats Miami in a fast paced, high scoring affair. Lots of big plays and TDs in the first half, 35-33 NC State at the half. Our defense clamps down in the second half and we score a couple more times.

#24 NC State 55
Miami 41

Barry Sanders is no longer the single season rushing yards, or single season rushing TD record holder.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Ironhead:

A&M beat Mizzou 27-13

Thanks for the update. Xbox went out in it's coffin today - worst scenario is probably 3 weeks but hopefully it is sooner than that.

Shame that I miss two of the bigger games of the year against hated rival Texas and #5 BYU. Strong showings in both games could land us a really good bowl game. Strength of schedule is definitely in our favor at this point.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I have played and beat Duke twice and even though it shows uploaded, in the HQ it shows I need to play.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #12
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I deleted my save game to hopefully try and resolve the issue. After winning again it still shows unplayed. DeTox switch me to autopilot on and then off and I will try and replay tomorrow night? I don't want to resign and restart in case that changes my coach settings and my recruits.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #13
wade moore
lolzcat

fyi - i may not get my game in until Saturday either.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Everyone who has played double check the HQ to make sure its correct. NOFL had some problems, and I wanna make sure we do not.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:54 AM   #15
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Everyone who has played double check the HQ to make sure its correct. NOFL had some problems, and I wanna make sure we do not.

My result is correct.

If it helps confirm that we do/don't have any problems, I'm seeing that:

Ole Miss needs to play their game
Arkansas needs to recruit
Texas A&M needs to recruit
Syracuse needs to recruit
UNC needs to play their game

All others show up as complete.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Damn.

I played #18 VA Tech VERY close. With about 8 minutes left we were down by a score. But then a failed 4th down play and next thing you know we're down big and it gets ugly. End up losing by 10.

I felt MUCH better this game against a top opponent - so that's promising. Seems I might be getting my legs under me.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Midnight est, be ready to advance.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #18
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I deleted my save game to hopefully try and resolve the issue. After winning again it still shows unplayed. DeTox switch me to autopilot on and then off and I will try and replay tomorrow night? I don't want to resign and restart in case that changes my coach settings and my recruits.

UPDATE

After being removed and reinstated to the dynasty, I played the game again and won. I went to the HQ and again shows the game not played. I guess I am out of luck and the dynasty as well.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
UPDATE

After being removed and reinstated to the dynasty, I played the game again and won. I went to the HQ and again shows the game not played. I guess I am out of luck and the dynasty as well.

This makes no sense.

I guess we will advance this week and have to sim it. I assume you win easy but that isn't the point. Hopefully it's a one week glitch and not a wide spread problem.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #20
Radii
Head Coach

did the problem start when mike joined the RFL perhaps? I wonder if dropping both leagues and rejoining might make a difference? I have no reason to think that would do anything, but the timing seems odd.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
did the problem start when mike joined the RFL perhaps? I wonder if dropping both leagues and rejoining might make a difference? I have no reason to think that would do anything, but the timing seems odd.

I thought about this too. I have no idea. It happened to CleBrownsFan as well. We'll see what happens this week.