Coordinator

the coolest and hottest characters dead by day 3.. whats the point
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #652
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The BG must have protected clap last night.

then why is he dead?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #653
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
then why is he dead?

i assume like every other game the BG cant protect the same person two nights in a row and CR was referring to night 1
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #654
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm back Yay! Jay Leno is a craftsman. Allow me to get caught up!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #655
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
then why is he dead?

Literal last night, as in Monday night. Sheesh, come on, Lathum, I shouldn't have to explain that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #656
Danny
Head Coach

Day 2 we can throw out as it was a runaway, but here's a little look at day 1.

Final Votes

hoopsguy 6 - PurdueBrad (115), The Jackal (165), Chief Rum (284), claphamsa (285), Schmidty (345), Lathum (356)
claphamsa 5 - Passacaglia (158), Danny (181), Autumn (222), Abe Sargent (251). lerriuqs (294)
Abe Sargent 2 - Barkeep49 (109), USFLTecmo (139)
cartman 2 - MartinD (164), dubb93 (184)
The Jackal 1 - hoopsguy (108)
lerriuqs 1 - cartman (167)
Schmidty 1 - Poli (217)

A lot definitely depends upon whether or not Abe is good. If Abe is a wolf, I think it's likely there may be more wolves on Hoops/Clap, but if Abe is not a wolf I would not be surprised if the wolves shied away from the 3 villager run off and spread their vote to others.

It's tough to think that at least one wolf did not vote Hoopsguy, but I could see it as a possibility if the wolves were thinking attention would be given to any who voted him.

It may just be because of the drama, but Lathum's play has been very weird to me. Early on he came out aggressive which is very Lathum like, but it seems the last day or two he has kind of played the fool a bit. It may just be because of him feeling bad about what happened (which you shouldnt btw, you did nothing wrong), but is still something that seemed weird to me. I don't think I will be voting him at this point though.

Part of me definitely wouldn't finding out the guild or innocence of Abe, but my gut tells me we likely had a 3 villager run off on day one.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #657
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Abe

I think we learn the most from this.

Were people protecting him day 1 or not?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 AM   #658
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Not to bring up old wounds, but something to think about it...

What did Pass react strongly to in this game? Lathum "Lathuming" on lerriuqs.

Maybe we need to look at lerriuqs closer.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #659
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hate losing Claph last night. I'm going to, as time permits today, go back and re-read all the vote movements for day 1.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #660
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am going to go in a different direction. I have hardly been the most vocal player, but nor have I been disengaged from the conversation. Rather, I would like to encourage our newer players to be a tad more vocal. I think WW has evolved to the point where there is a heavy incentive to go UTR. Vocal players seemed to get killed far too frequently. So I am going to vote for the player in the game who has posted, by far, the least.

Vote Martin D
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 AM   #661
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA - It's not that I don't think vote analysis is good and all, but I think finding out, on Day 3, whether Abe is good or not isn't of nearly as much value as everyone thinks. Not to mention, it's far more likely, than not, that he is indeed good.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #662
Autumn
Head Coach

Danny, your write up is good, and similar to what I was thinking. That puts Abe as one of my prime suspects now. I also wonder about Pass jumping to the defense of Lerriuqs. There was a moment there where it seemed like Lathum's intense scrutiny might have led to Lerriuqs ending up as the day 1 target, and perhaps Pass wanted to fend that off.

Barkeep, your point is valid too. I'm not not sure who I would posit as the quietest in game, but a look or two in their direction should hopefully flush them out of the woodwork.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #663
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I was the only one to vote for lerriuqs on Day 1, there were no unvotes for him. I think the criticism of that vote was more focused on why I voted for him, rather than voting back against Martin.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #664
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let me just add, that the farther the game goes along the easier it becomes to build a case against vocal players and the more successful an UTR strategy is. If Abe is a wolf, he posts enough that we should be able to garner further evidence.

Further, while I'm not opposed to the idea that wolves might be trying to save Abe, I did advocate consolidating of votes after all, I think it's too soon to leap to the conclusion that he must be a wolf. Assuming that there are 4 wolves, there's about a 50% chance that if you were to randomly pick 3 players on D1 all three would be villagers. Again, I'm not convinced at all of Abe's innocence, but I really feel like this day, with one wolf already down, now is the time to show that being UTR will not necessarily be a successful strategy this game.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #665
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BK, I don't disagree with trying to ferret out somebody that is UTR. I'm curious though why Martin D over some people who, while they may have a couple more posts than him, are still very UTR like USFLTecmo. In fact, I'm probably more inclined to go with Tecmo due to his day 1 vote on Abe and the fact that it stays hidden by not being on one of the two prime candidates.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #666
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
BK, I don't disagree with trying to ferret out somebody that is UTR. I'm curious though why Martin D over some people who, while they may have a couple more posts than him, are still very UTR like USFLTecmo. In fact, I'm probably more inclined to go with Tecmo due to his day 1 vote on Abe and the fact that it stays hidden by not being on one of the two prime candidates.
I picked Martin since with 7 posts, USFLTechmo (and has his whopping 11 posts) has actually been 50% more active. I'm not wedded to Martin by any stretch though. Curious how a vote for Abe indicates a higher degree of wolfishness though. However, like I said, I'll gladly switch my vote to any UTR candidate who seems like he can get some traction with votes.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #667
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BK, just saw where Martin D's vote was and similarly hidden as Tecmo's. Tecmo only has 3 or 4 game posts, the rest were all pre-game discussion regarding the board he's from. Not pushing one over another, just curious.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #668
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
BK, just saw where Martin D's vote was and similarly hidden as Tecmo's. Tecmo only has 3 or 4 game posts, the rest were all pre-game discussion regarding the board he's from. Not pushing one over another, just curious.
Fair enough. I suppose it would have behooved me to actually bother to read the few posts they made. I will correct that mistake now.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #669
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm about to read Martin D's as well just to get a gauge for it.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #670
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If I was going to vote UTR it would be for Cartman, he has been pretty quiet and his day 1 vote still strikes me as odd.

I also think lerriuqs deserves alot of scrutiny, even after Clap revealed he kept his vote there, that and the interaction with PAss has me wondering...

Unvote Abe
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #671
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A summary of MartinD's game posts:
163 – “Checking in - will vote in a wee while once I've had a chance to look through the thread.”
164 – Votes Cartman – random d1 vote for someone w/o a vote
608 – Checking in
610 – Votes Pass

BK's analysis: No real analysis there. Has been dutiful about voting, but not really said much else. Could just be a case of his being new.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #672
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If I was going to vote UTR it would be for Cartman, he has been pretty quiet and his day 1 vote still strikes me as odd.

I also think lerriuqs deserves alot of scrutiny, even after Clap revealed he kept his vote there, that and the interaction with PAss has me wondering...

Unvote Abe
I like the idea of cartman solely because he's at least played a few times and so it shouldn't be a case of rookie unease.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #673
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

With Martin D, I would think that wolves would've coached him to hide in the crowd rather than throw a completely random, wild dart of a vote out there. That's why I'm more willing to look at Tecmo or maybe even Cartman now.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #674
Barkeep49
Coordinator

USFL Posting Summary

82 – “Let’s get this party started”
139 – Votes Abe to help consolidate voting
207 – Suggests that cartman’s vote on D1 has suspicious timing and sees possible evidence of hiding the vote
386 – Wonders about CR’s reveal, particularly what’s the point in revealing unless he’s going to use the power
511 – Votes Pass (no explanation given)
545 – Attempts to clarify something for Pass (where pass was doing his obvious misinterpretations)

BK Analysis: Unlike Martin there’s actual substance to his post. He’s been quiet but his posts have shown thought. I feel inclined to give him a pass today as he’s new and is clearly attempting to play.

Will do cartman in about an hour.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #675
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

For USFLTecmo, here are post summaries:

139- Votes Abe "to merely narrow down our options"
207- Continues to discuss narrowed options, discuss Cartman's vote
386- Doubts CR's reveal
511- Vote Pass, no commentary
545- A correction of a misread by Pass
Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #676
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

HA, damn you BK, outta my head!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #677
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote lerriuqs

a few reasons.

1. He voted me day 1. I know I am not a wolf, elevates him as one.
2. Connection with Pass.
3. His leaving a vote on Clap day 1 even though Clap had revealed.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #678
Autumn
Head Coach

This direction seems useful. I agree that USFL's input seems more useful. Martin's is almost null and void, let's see what we hear from him today. Cartman strikes me as the more suspicious of the three so far. I'm also keeping in mind that the day started off looking at Abe and we're now heading in a new direction.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #679
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Danny, your write up is good, and similar to what I was thinking. That puts Abe as one of my prime suspects now. I also wonder about Pass jumping to the defense of Lerriuqs. There was a moment there where it seemed like Lathum's intense scrutiny might have led to Lerriuqs ending up as the day 1 target, and perhaps Pass wanted to fend that off.

Barkeep, your point is valid too. I'm not not sure who I would posit as the quietest in game, but a look or two in their direction should hopefully flush them out of the woodwork.

If I was a wolf (given that I'm new to this group), don't you think I would have been warned away from casting a vote on someone like Lathum?

I've been quiet mostly because I'm having trouble keeping caught up and figuring out the moves going on...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #680
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Vote lerriuqs

a few reasons.

1. He voted me day 1. I know I am not a wolf, elevates him as one.
2. Connection with Pass.
3. His leaving a vote on Clap day 1 even though Clap had revealed.

I wasn't around for the deadline and won't be on most days - that's when I have supper and family time.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #681
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to go completely with my gut and stay on a veteran for now, although I would assume (but we know what happens when you assume) that there is a wolf in the grouping of: Martin D, USFLTecmo, Cartman, and Lerriuqs. Despite the fact that they are UTR and that in itself is dangerous, I look at it (like the nerd I am) in terms of apprentice-Sith Lord. The more dangerous of the two is the master, which is why I'll go with a veteran.

I'm going to vote Abe for a couple of reasons. His vote also didn't move off of claph (which he may not have been around), he has actually been fairly quiet compared to how he normally plays, and I do think we get some info from his lynch based on voters that were on him day one. Yeah, I'm putting myself out there some but I'll take that chance.

Vote Abe
Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #682
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Once you see my posts, there are those of nothing more than a guy sitting in a cube, filling out endless TPS cover sheets for the several bosses.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #683
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm also keeping in mind that the day started off looking at Abe and we're now heading in a new direction.

Saw this and I do agree some Autumn. I would like to see where the votes fall if we have Abe up as a lynch candidate.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #684
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Off to lunch duty, guh, be back later.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #685
cartman
Death Herald

So, am I right in my count that so far today it is:

Abe - 2 (with one unvote)
lerriuqs - 1
Martin D - 1
Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #686
cartman
Death Herald

I think I'm going to agree with Lathum here. My vote of lerriuqs on day 1 kicked off the big shit storm, and Pass was shown to be one of the Bobs. Is lerriuqs the other Bob?

VOTE LERRIUQS
Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #687
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I think I'm going to agree with Lathum here. My vote of lerriuqs on day 1 kicked off the big shit storm, and Pass was shown to be one of the Bobs. Is lerriuqs the other Bob?

VOTE LERRIUQS

I don't think the shit storm had anything to do with your vote...
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #688
cartman
Death Herald

Maybe kicked off isn't the right word. "Was soon followed by" is more accurate.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #689
Autumn
Head Coach

Cartman, What shit storm are you referring to?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #690
cartman
Death Herald

the accusations of bullying and such that followed
Old 04-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #691
cartman
Death Herald

Or maybe I need to stop reading the pages in reverse order. It was lerriuqs's vote of Lathum that triggered the event, not my vote of lerriuqs.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #692
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got a vomiting kid--I mean an important report to finish. My attention here may be spotty. As of now I'm goign to put in this vote

Vote Cartman

For the reasons I mentioned before and because it seems to me he's trying to point us in a new direction and trying a bit hard. I'm willing to change my vote if I get back and see things differently.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #693
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Cartman Post Summary

122 –Office Space Joke (OSJ)
129 – OSJ
142- Suggests USFL’s vote on Abe doesn’t help consolidate (which was not true)
157 – Admits mistake in 142 w/bonus OSJ
167 – “No reason to vote for me, I'm a simple cube dweller.” Votes Lerriqus to add another candidate
189 – After facing some pressure, suggests vote comes from infrequent play
191 – In a failed dola, says that he could have just as easily voted for Martin or USFL
245 – States he had been unavailable +OSJ
266 – Won’t be back until after deadline.
270 – Talking about Texasisms
273 – Talking about Texasisms
276 – Talking about Texasisms
282 – Talking about Texasisms
485 – Votes for Pass “join[ing] in with the cube mob mentality”
551 – OSJ
579 – “Set Lathum free!!! By keeping him in the game, that is.”
596 – OSJ
630 – w00ts Pass being bad
646 - Damns claps death
663 – Explains how he faced D1 pressure because of vote on Lerriqus
682 – Says nothing in posts + OSJ
685 – Vote count
686 – Votes Lerriqus, suggesting that arguments against his vote on D1 might be evidence of Leeiqus’ being bad
688 – Clarifies when argument occurred
690+691 – Realizes that it wasn’t him but accusation of Lathum Lathuming which started discussion

BK Anaylsis: There’s a lot of fluff there and until today not a whole lot of substance. Could definitely see myself voting for cartman
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #694
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I wish I had something of more substance to add, but I really don't. Even so, I do feel a whole lot more comfortable with being a villager with no role than I would with being a wolf (which I was completely uncomfortable with in my first game here) or being a villager with a role that actually helps. It means I'm much less likely to worry about being knocked off, but at the same time, I'm having a hard time getting good reads on people quite yet.

The only thing of real substance I have to add is that I don't see lerriuqs playing out of character for himself. He's usually more of a conversation driver, but at the same time, there are many more of those in this game than either of us are used to seeing. Doesn't mean he isn't a Bob or worse, but damned if I can figure it out just based on his play.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #695
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Cartman Post Summary

BK Anaylsis: There’s a lot of fluff there and until today not a whole lot of substance. Could definitely see myself voting for cartman

Wouldn't a whole lot of fluff be the norm for a simple cube dweller, one without any kind of special role?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #696
cartman
Death Herald

Dola, I wasn't pushing in a new direction, I was agreeing with Lathum's observations with my vote.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #697
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Lathum Lathuming

Best part of the whole summary, easy.

So, how much Lathuming would a Lathum do if a Lathum could Lathum a Lathum?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #698
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
I am going to go in a different direction. I have hardly been the most vocal player, but nor have I been disengaged from the conversation. Rather, I would like to encourage our newer players to be a tad more vocal. I think WW has evolved to the point where there is a heavy incentive to go UTR. Vocal players seemed to get killed far too frequently. So I am going to vote for the player in the game who has posted, by far, the least.

Vote Martin D

I'll admit that I haven't posted much so far - part of this is being new to the game (and not wanting to make any newbie mistakes!), but it's mostly because the deadlines aren't ideal for me (1am and 3am where I am) and because I've not had much free time so far this week.

In hindsight, this might not have been the best game for me to start with - might have been better off waiting for one with more suitable deadlines - and I apologise for my lack of participation.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #699
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 698:

MartinD 1 - Barkeep49 (660)
lerriuqs 2 - Lathum (677), cartman (686)
Abe Sargent 1 - PurdueBrad (681)
cartman 1 - Autumn (692)

yet to vote: Abe Sargent, USFLTecmo, The Jackal, lerriuqs, Chief Rum, Poli, Danny, MartinD, dubb93
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #700
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After another terrifying reorganization you try to collect your thoughts. You strike again at 5, "We must nail another one before it's too late!"

You look around and notice that Peter's body is no longer there. Who keeps moving these bodies? Where do they go? What is happening?

The only thing that remains of Peter are your memories, though they seem to be fading fast (he was afterall only a coworker), and a picture left behind on his desk which appears to have been cleaned out already.

Tick, tick, tick... you move painfully closer to your next "deadline". How will this end? When will this end?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote