Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #851
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I'm still at 195something, lol. Diet is so-so, I notice I tend to eat bigger portions for dinner but do real well for breakfast and lunch. Exercise - I'm still training for the 5k event this Saturday. I've managed to shave off over 3 minutes from last Year's time. I tried Zumba last Tuesday and my feet hurt like hell, I had to keep rubbing them to dull the pain so I ended up leaving. Never had to do that before. My Zumba trainer said I'm wearing the wrong shoes. I've always worn these shoes though. Ever since I started running, I've been unable to enjoy Zumba cuz of foot pain. Real bummer.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #852
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

It is probable that the padding has worn off on your shoes. If you run and do Zumba in them, I could see that happening fairly quickly.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #853
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
According to my wife I need to go back up to 176 now when the competition is over but the plan is to run the Oslo half marathon in September.

I tell you about the win after the ”award-dinner” this Friday.

I would look like a stick figure if I was 176, haha. Good luck with the marathon, let us know how it goes.

Nice! I'm sure it will be a very tasty after dinner drink.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #854
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
It is probable that the padding has worn off on your shoes. If you run and do Zumba in them, I could see that happening fairly quickly.

Yup, that's definitely what's happening. I'm thinking of getting some padding for my shoes (something like Dr. Scholls) and see if it helps.

I ran the 5K on Saturday and did it in 42:30 seconds which is an improvement of 3:26 from last year. Even though my goal was to finish in under 40:00, I'm okay with it... an improvement is an improvement and considering I trained for a month, I'll take it.

On the weight loss front, meh. 195.0 today
Old 03-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #855
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WOOOO!!!

212.2 (-50.2)

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-09-2011 at 08:08 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #856
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Grats DT.

I've tried to make a concious effort in the last 2 weeks to eat better. I hesitate to use the word diet because I'm not trying to lose weight as the goal, but rather just eat better/exercise and over the course of that I'll lose the excess weight that I want. (Trying to go from 167 to 155ish.. even after just 2 weeks I'm at 160).

My biggest issue was at work I was eating for crap mostly because I was eating from the cafeteria and their food is just awful for you. I just started to bring in my own meals which not only allows me to eat better, but I won't spend as much money in a week. Also, I generally need to be doing something at my desk when I have spurt of 'downtime'.. jobs running, waiting on a tape pull, etc. Because of that I had a habit of snacking alot. I've remedied that by eating sunflower seeds. (I'm in a corner, so not like alot of people see me spitting shells out into a cup). It take me a 3-5 days to go through one of those David 6 Ounce bags.. only accounts for around 100 calories for a day so, not bad.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #857
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

My 2nd week of Power 90 has been stalled due to a nasty pain in my back. Hurts to even lift my arm, so I haven't messed with trying to lift weights (even small ones). I skipped Sunday and Monday and am going to try and at least stretch and see what happens today. I've had this pain in the same spot before (basically right under my right shoulder blade, almost feels like its on my bottom rib) and I have no idea what I did to it. Wasn't even doing anything strenuous when it happened, just rolling a ball to my daughter. I definitely hate having my workouts stalled because of it - but I also don't want to do serious damage.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #858
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
WOOOO!!!

212.2 (-50)

Awesome DT!

Lorena, fix those shoes.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #859
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Ummm...okay...210.6 (-51.8) this morning. And I did nothing different yesterday.

*shrug*

Embrace the loss baybee!!!! (Dickie V voice)
Old 03-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #860
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sometimes doing nothing different is a good thing.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #861
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Still 210. Projecting normal weekend weightloss I could be under 209 by the end of the weekend, which would be fantastic!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #862
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Still 210. Projecting normal weekend weightloss I could be under 209 by the end of the weekend, which would be fantastic!

Nice!!! I've probably missed it or just don't remember, but, what does your normal daily eating consist of?

Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #863
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Nice!!! I've probably missed it or just don't remember, but, what does your normal daily eating consist of?

Yep - you just missed it. It's like 30 posts back or so (page 17 of 18 to me).

I'm a very routine-oriented person, so I'm real good at the diet part once I get into a routine with it. Typical day looks like this as far as diet.

Breakfast:
Light English Muffin (90 calories) with a bit of Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light. (total of 150 calories or so TOPS)
Smoothie: 1 teaspoon of fat-free french vanilla yogurt, about 6oz of Trop50, 1 banana, approx. 1 cup of frozen fruit mix (strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry), skim milk (less than 1/4 cup, just to make it smooth enough to drink easily). No idea of the calories in this - haven't broken it down.

Lunch:
-Pepperidge Farm (or store-brand) "100 calorie deli flats" - whole weat or 7 grain, 1 slice of meat (~60 calories), 1 slice of cheese (~100 calories)
-4 reduced-fat nilla wafers (~70 calories)
-small handful of baked ruffles (less than the one serving on the bag, maybe 80 calories worth)
-2 fruits/veg (3 clementines, big bunch of grapes, big container of baby carrots, couple apples, etc)

Dinner:
Varies - I had been going too heavy on pasta for a bit and I think that slowed down my weight loss for a bit. 3 days a week I have 2 slices of pizza (Fri,Sat, Sun - of course Sat/Sun I usually only eat breakfast+snack+dinner), I've been trying to have a chicken ceasar salad w/ no dressing 2 nights a week, oftentimes I have a Healthy Choice frozen entree (just the entree not the full meal) which is between 200-270 calories, along with some green veg (frozen peas, fresh broccoli, etc). This is the piece of my day with variety.

After dinner:
Dessert - on many occasions it's fat-free, sugar-free jello pudding (chocolate is YUM good), sometimes it's 1 single small york peppermint patty (from the 6 packs they have...they're 50 calories each). Weight Watchers frozen desserts on special occasions only if I've been light on calories for the day (1 per week MAX)

Snacking (because I usually stay up till 2am):
-Max one serving of dry Cheerios per night if I'm really hungry
-Max one handful/one serving of Goldfish if I'm really hungry

Occasional snack:
100 calorie packs of Healthy Pop popcorn (on occasion on saturday/sunday when watching soccer games i'll have full bags)

That's about all you'll find in my apartment!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #864
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I love that I haven't bought new clothes or really adjusted what I'm wearing, so my jeans look ridiculously big. In fact, if my belt isn't doubled-over in the loops and cinched tight, my jeans fall right down to the floor. It's awesome.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #865
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I love that I haven't bought new clothes or really adjusted what I'm wearing, so my jeans look ridiculously big. In fact, if my belt isn't doubled-over in the loops and cinched tight, my jeans fall right down to the floor. It's awesome.

Haha! That is awesome. Buy a smaller belt and that should take care of having to double it over.

Thanks for reposting your daily food items!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #866
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hmmm, I think I'll jump on the bandwagon. I've become a lazy fat bastard again. ALthough this site does help me be more lazy . So let's see what good it can do.

Starting weight: 189.5

I don't really eat lettuce anymore because I'm tired of it going bad, but I never considered lettuce to have much in it anyway.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #867
JediKooter
Coordinator

Finally below 240. I'm now 238/239ish. My scale is analog so, a precise reading is not possible.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #868
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

209.4 (-53.0)

Slow and steady, that's the name of the game now. 24 or so pounds to go. Actually I'd like to make it 27 just so I could say I lost 80lbs, but we'll see.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-16-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #869
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
My main goal is to get back below 200 and maintain it

So here we are:
1/7 - 215.2

Just hit my first milestone!

3/16 - 199.8

I've biked 860.93 miles over that time and I've been watching my diet even more closely due to a high cholesterol reading in late February. Feels good!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #870
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Just hit my first milestone!

3/16 - 199.8

I've biked 860.93 miles over that time and I've been watching my diet even more closely due to a high cholesterol reading in late February. Feels good!

whoa - great job jackal!!! congrats!!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #871
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*cough*

208.2 (-54.2)

I'm all about that 1.2lbs in a day thing.

It seems like everytime I come out and say "slow and steady" I chop another big chunk off the next day. So that's going to be my mantra from now on.

25.8 pounds to go. Slow and steady.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #872
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
*cough*

208.2 (-54.2)

It seems like everytime I come out and say "slow and steady" I chop another big chunk off the next day. So that's going to be my mantra from now on.

25.8 pounds to go. Slow and steady.

Slow and steady sounds like a good plan. You should be ready just in time for summer to wear that new bikini.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #873
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
*cough*

208.2 (-54.2)

For a minute, I thought you had posted you were at 199 and then 208 the next day. Thought maybe you ate a whole turkey in a day to gain 9 lbs.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #874
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I'm going to jump in here and brag, but I also hope it might be a bit inspirational as well:

I came in first in my age group in a 5K this morning; the first time I've gotten any sort of placement award in a race. I grew up overweight and never really excelled at anything athletically even though I liked sports. So I started running five years ago when I began college. I was 250lbs (I'm 5'11") and couldn't even go a tenth of a mile without getting winded. I lost 50-60 pounds never running more than 2 miles.

About a year and a half ago, after a breakup, I really started to ramp up my mileage to help take my mind off what I was going through and got hooked. I never dreamed I'd actually win anything, but ended up losing another 10-20 pounds to get down to ~170 and now I seem to be somewhat competitive in my local area! So I'm feeling proud this morning and wanted to share with all of you who are on the same journey. Keep up the good work FOFC!

Last edited by TargetPractice6 : 03-19-2011 at 11:11 AM.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #875
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
I'm going to jump in here and brag, but I also hope it might be a bit inspirational as well:

I came in first in my age group in a 5K this morning; the first time I've gotten any sort of placement award in a race. I grew up overweight and never really excelled at anything athletically even though I liked sports. So I started running five years ago when I began college. I was 250lbs (I'm 5'11") and couldn't even go a tenth of a mile without getting winded. I lost 50-60 pounds never running more than 2 miles.

About a year and a half ago, after a breakup, I really started to ramp up my mileage to help take my mind off what I was going through and got hooked. I never dreamed I'd actually win anything, but ended up losing another 10-20 pounds to get down to ~170 and now I seem to be somewhat competitive in my local area! So I'm feeling proud this morning and wanted to share with all of you who are on the same journey. Keep up the good work FOFC!

Freaking awesome... congrats! That's quite a feat
Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #876
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Diet, same ol'. Been to the gym 3 times this week, all Zumba. I really like the running thing but after 1 Zumba workout, I get hooked. I think next week I'm gonna ramp up my workouts to 4 times a week. Monday - running, Wednesday - BodyVibe, Thursday - Zumba, Saturday - Zumba and possibly BodyCombat, depends what we have going on.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #877
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Nice job man.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #878
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Lost about 15 pounds in the last month. Nothing but diet and not really even a diet. Just healthier eating altogether, something I can maintain once goals are achieved. Not much exercise, which needs to change, can't get motivated and/or energized. So I can't complain.

Just reminds me if I don't start putting down the pizza and beer it's easier for me to keep my weight down than a lot of other people, a thought process that guilts me into continually eating healthier.

Another 15 to go and then I really need to start lifting.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #879
saldana
Pro Starter

so the quest for 200 pounds is back on...i was down to 203 when winter started...put a couple back with all the holiday eating and drinking, was back up to 210.5

just spent an idiotic amount of money on a new bike, now all i need is for the stupid weather to cooperate so i can get out and ride it!

still working back into shape and did 10.5 and 13.1 miles on this past saturday and sunday...the workout schedule is going to be kind of complicated since i will only be able to ride one day a week every other week because of my custody arrangement.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #880
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

206.4 (-56.0)
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #881
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Whoops - I never logged in to say "awesome job!!" to this!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #882
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Lost about 15 pounds in the last month. Nothing but diet and not really even a diet. Just healthier eating altogether, something I can maintain once goals are achieved. Not much exercise, which needs to change, can't get motivated and/or energized. So I can't complain.

Just reminds me if I don't start putting down the pizza and beer it's easier for me to keep my weight down than a lot of other people, a thought process that guilts me into continually eating healthier.

Another 15 to go and then I really need to start lifting.

Nice! It's really amazing what just healthier eating can do isn't it?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #883
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, but since I chronically avoid preparing my own meals(even a damned salad), I'm paying an embarrassing amount of money for prepared ones .

Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #884
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, but since I chronically avoid preparing my own meals(even a damned salad), I'm paying an embarrassing amount of money for prepared ones .

I do this too. It's not that I can't cook...it's more two things I think:

1) Getting home at 7 or 7:30 I don't want to have to cook. If/when I get a new job and I'm home significantly before 7 it'll be different.
2) It's real easy to calorie-count if you're using something like those Healthy Choice (my fav) frozen entrees, or Lean Cuisine (the steamable ones are actually tasty). I can pull one out and go "220 calories for dinner...check" versus having to figure out how much chicken, how much rice, etc.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #885
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*cough*

205.4 (-57)

20 more pounds to go (well okay...I might do 23 just so I can say I lost 80lbs).

Holy fuck. That means I'm 3/4 of the way there.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #886
JediKooter
Coordinator

Awesome DT! At the rate you're going, it shouldn't take too long for that final 20 to drop off.

Last edited by JediKooter : 03-24-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #887
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Awesome DT! At the rate you're going, it shouldn't take too long for that final 20 to drop off.

Yeah...I figure another 2.5 months. So right in time for summer to really get here. Which is great.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #888
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah...I figure another 2.5 months. So right in time for summer to really get here. Which is great.

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing you hit the 200 even mark.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #889
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
*cough*

205.4 (-57)

20 more pounds to go (well okay...I might do 23 just so I can say I lost 80lbs).

Holy fuck. That means I'm 3/4 of the way there.

holy shit, freaking awesome!!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #890
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

dola,

i'm addicted to zumba. went twice this week already and will probably go again on Saturday.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #891
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Well, just by eating healthier and walking on the elliptical machine 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes, in 5 weeks I've gone from 167 to 153. My goal was 155, but eh.. I'll try for 150 now.

Looking forward to some warm weather so I can pull my bike out.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #892
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Just was surfing around our forum and read pages 16-18 of this thread. You guys are all doing a f'n amazing job keeping up on the weight loss....

~that's all

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #893
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
holy shit, freaking awesome!!

Thanks DC!

RE: Your post earlier about bigger portions at dinner...one thing I do occasionally that helps is to almost eat in two phases. Eat your veggies BEFORE you eat your protein and a lil starch or whatever. And I mean significantly before...30-45 minutes or so. That way you fill up more on the veggies which are better for you and have less room in your stomach for everything else.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #894
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

203.8 this morning.

Had a good day...but then decided on a whim to stop at 5 Guys and have a Lil Hamburger and some fries for dinner. Whoops.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #895
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You can't get "some" fries at 5 Guys. That place is murder.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #896
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can't get "some" fries at 5 Guys. That place is murder.

LMAO...I know.

I only ate like...half the order of fries.

And self-guilt is a beautiful beautiful thing. I just went back to the gym here in my building and did another half hour on the elliptical, meaning I did like 166% of a normal day's working out today. So that should...counteract that hopefully.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:08 AM   #897
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

204.4 this morning . Thinking it's more of a natural bounce-up 0.6lbs though. It's got to be...
Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #898
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Back to 203.8/204.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-01-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #899
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Shit, I went up to 199+, wtf? When I got off the scale I was disgusted, never wanna see 200 again. Having said that I lost a little over 6 lbs in 2 weeks. Tomorrow - Zumba.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #900
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I ran my second half marathon today and hit the lowest weight I've been at since I was probably 12 years old (169.6 lbs, which is over 80 lbs lost since October 2005). Here's the race report I wrote at dailymile.com if anyone is interested:

Run the Bluegrass Half-Marathon 13.1 mi, 01:51, 08:28 pace

Awesome race! Weather was perfect and the scenery was great. Definitely better than last year's washout. Speaking of last year, I took 26 minutes off my time and got under my two hour goal with plenty of cushion. My pace was only a few seconds slower than my target pace, which I thought was pretty ambitious beforehand.

Miles 1-3: It was crowded out of the gate and people were pushing some pretty good paces. I think I did a good job of reigning myself in and resisting the urge to run a faster pace than I could sustain.

Miles 4-6: More of the same. Tried to focus on taking short quick strides and conserving energy. Found some people running similar speeds to pace myself and draft when there was a headwind.

Miles 7-9: Got a bit of a side stitch around miles 6-7 so I slowed down and took some deep breaths. Got passed by several people, but found a surge near the turn around at Fasig Tipton and passed most of them back.

Miles 10-12: By far my best stretch. I stopped taking water after mile 10 because it took me out of my flow and it was tough to get restarted. Lots of runners were really hitting the wall here so I was steadily picking people off. Heard foot steps behind me so I kicked it up a notch heading into the campground and had my best split at mile 12.

Mile 13+: There were some tough hills in the last mile so I had to slow down a bit. I was passed by a couple people, but passed a few others so it was pretty much a wash. Spurred on by the crowd's encouragement I put what little I had left into a finish line dash.

All in all, I'm very proud of this performance: both as the culmination of the last three months of training and how I handled adversity in the race itself. I'm pretty beat up, and the side of my right foot is acting up like it did last year. Will probably need to take a week or two off to let it heal up but this race was definitely worth it. Can't wait for next year's edition!

My weight since I started training for this race:

Last edited by TargetPractice6 : 04-03-2011 at 11:08 PM.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote