Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Time to take this seriously...

I find myself zooming through seasons just to get to the draft, then do it all over again.

While it's fun just to do that and find out the super bowl winners in a hurry, I am losing interest fast doing that. Now that I've gotten used to the game a bit, I think I'm ready to move on.

So I'll do what I have wanted to do since I've gotten the game, and that's fall in love with a team. get to know them, and take it one game at a time..

Maybe I'm not ready to change my gameplans from week to week, but I'm ready to get to know my team a little better.

Plus my team that I was running into the year 2011 with, was starting to fall apart in terms of money, they were very talented. But I guess, I'm just ready for something different.. LoL

Mike

mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:19 PM   #2
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Any suggestions for me as I start my new dynasty...?
Old 11-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Click File: New Game.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #4
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Hah.. Alright, joking aside..

Suggestions?
Old 11-20-2003, 10:29 PM   #5
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Sorry.. It's that latenight on a worknight smartaleck coming through. Find a team that you like. I usually used the browns in FOF2 since i could start from scratch. And those were some ugly years in the beginning... Art imitating life.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:31 PM   #6
TredWel
High School Varsity

I fall into the same habit that you do. I want to get so involved with my game, create storylines, document the greatest players, and basically create a new history. But that "Simulate Entire Week" button is sooooo damn enticing, and the part of me that wants instant gratification wins out. Plus, I have a hard time justifying the effort that it takes to create file after file of historical reference when I am going to be the only person to ever read it.

Enter Multiplayer. Here, you're forced to wait a specific number of days between simulations, which gives you ample time to delve into the numbers and box scores of other teams, and develop a history. Not only that, but you can share your information with the other 31 players who are just as engrossed as you in the exact same universe.

So, my suggestion? Join a multiplayer league. I'd suggest a very nice one, but it's full right now.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:41 PM   #7
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Tred.. I am joining a MP league once TPF comes out.. I'm already in a league for that game..

I would start a great league, from scratch if I had a LITTLE more time on my hand.. I know for the next semester in school I'd have plenty of time to get a decent league going, but once March comes around, my baseball(college baseball) season starts and I have less and less time every week. Maybe I still could. But not tonight anyhow.

I relate to everything you said about the BAD BAD 'Simulate Entire Week'. Ah well. Crap happens
Old 11-20-2003, 11:01 PM   #8
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I decided to start with an OP file...

So I figured I'd sim a few seasons quickly, do a good draft or two, then start up the long dynasty that I hope to play for a while.

But as I simulate the first season, I couldn't help to hope that my team went 0-16, so I could get the first pick of the draft... Of course I go 11-5 with a bye in the first round. I won the Divisional Series, but lost in the NFC championship. I guess i can live with pick 30.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:03 PM   #9
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Thought I'd point out that my league's strongest man didn't play on one play during the season..... gotta love these OPF's!

Last edited by mauchow : 11-20-2003 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:28 AM   #10
Vince
Pro Starter

Just as a caveat, I'd say that you might not want to get serious for the next week or so. Jim said he's coming out with the first patch this week, and it could very well make your game unplayable.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:31 AM   #11
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks.. Now I can go to bed..

LOL

I've spent the last few hours simming from an OPF..

Was gettin sick of it.. But it was just starting to be playable.. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up anywho.....

Just a question.. It hasn't been CONFIRMED that you'd have to start your dynasty over..Has it? I would start a new dynasty anyways....

G'night.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:41 AM   #12
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Jim has said that all the changes SO FAR are backwards compatible. He made no promises though.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:43 AM   #13
Vikings13
n00b

I sim every week, but actually watch the sim - I'm operating under the (perhaps misinformed) impression that it makes a difference. I let it burn through the sim (at highest speed), then I spend an hour poring over the game log to make my roster moves. My less-than-scientific experiments have shown that simming, yet not play-calling results in more realistic results.

All that being said, I'm not starting my "for real" Vikes dynasty until the first patch is out, just in case... I'm also on hold for my Gopher dynasty in TCY just in case that is the problem with the imports and I need to start over... Basically I play hours of meaningless Solecismic games.