Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

On the next episode of Gangland.....Philly Tow Truck Companies!

It all started a day ago (well, probably a long time before yesterday) when competing tow trucks made it to the scene of an accident at the same time....

Tow-truck driver is shot in North Philadelphia | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/20/2010

Quote:
A tow-truck driver was shot in a leg Monday morning in North Philadelphia, and his employer and a rival towing company blamed each other.

Two tow trucks responded to a car accident about 10:30 a.m. at Whitaker and Hunting Park Avenues, police said. There was a dispute, and one of the drivers was shot in a leg.

The two companies that responded were Mystical Towing and J & Son's Towing & Recovery, both companies confirmed.

The driver who was shot was Angel Carrera, 36, who works for Mystical, the company confirmed.

Police initially said that one tow-truck driver had shot the other, but employees from both companies said Carrera was shot by a man who arrived at the scene of the accident driving a black Cadillac Escalade.

A Mystical representative, who did not want to be identified, said that the driver of the Escalade was connected to J & Son's and that he was trying to force Carrera to leave. "We've had run-ins with them before," the representative said.

Later that night, the police IDed their shooter.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-98852449.html

Quote:
An apparent turf war between two rival tow truck drivers left one hospitalized with a gunshot wound Monday.

It was just before 10:30 a.m. when a fight broke out between a driver from Mystic Towing and J and Sons Towing at Whitaker and Hunting Park Avenues in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia, sources told NBC Philadelphia.

On Tuesday Philly Police Identified the alleged shooter as Jose LaTorre.
Witnesses say both men arrived on the scene shortly after a car accident between a GMC Yukon and Dodge Neon and began arguing over who would tow the disabled vehicles. That argument quickly escalated into violence.

And over night/early this morning, the war escalated with arson and more guns being fired.

http://cbs3.com/wireapnewspa/Driver....2.1817128.html

Quote:
Police are investigating a suspicious fire and shooting at two rival tow truck companies Wednesday morning.

Surveillance video shows a suspect dousing the parking lot of J & Sons Towing before lighting it ablaze at about 1 a.m.

Over a dozen vehicles were destroyed in the overnight blaze. Philadelphia firefighters responded quickly to the scene and extinguished the large flames. No injuries have been reported.

Nearly a half an hour after the fire, six shots were fired into the office of Mystical Towing on the 100 block of W. Ashdale Street. The owner and his wife were in the building at the time, but neither was injured.

Surveillance video of the fire being set: RAW VIDEO of Phila. tow lot fire | Video | 6abc.com

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've never heard anyone use the phrase, "shot in a leg" before. I guess it's technically accurate, since most people have 2 legs, so being shot in the leg doesn't identify which leg. But still, that reads weird.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
JediKooter
Coordinator

Thankfully, tow truck companies are some of the most upstanding and law abiding businesses around...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ng-contractor/

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
ez
High School JV

Incompatible Browser | Facebook
Old 07-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I've never heard anyone use the phrase, "shot in a leg" before. I guess it's technically accurate, since most people have 2 legs, so being shot in the leg doesn't identify which leg. But still, that reads weird.

I had the same thought.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
DataKing
Pro Rookie

The Lincoln Park Pirates are we....
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Comey
College Starter

So when does Marvin Harrison start getting a recurring guest spot?

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
bhlloy
Coordinator

We got into a decently bad accident last October, and were shocked at how aggressive the tow truck company were. Inappropriately so seeing as we were in a state of shock and could easily have been seriously hurt.

The last thing we wanted on top of everything was to be out of pocket hundreds of dollars so we were waiting to get confirmation that my brother in law could get us free towing on his AAA, and they basically hooked the car up and towed it away against our will. Thankfully everything worked out in the end and we didn't get charged but still, those guys were vultures.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Comey
College Starter

I once got charged $80 to not have my car towed.

It's straight BS.

Last edited by Comey : 07-23-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
RedKingGold
College Starter

Those Philadelphia sports fans really are a tough bunch.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
The Lincoln Park Pirates are we....
I'm in Lincoln Park and can attest that they are the biggest piece of shits on the planet. I had a spot in the back of my unit. A unit I owned. They towed my car out of my own spot and hung one of those tow unauthorized vehicle signs up on my own fucking property.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm in Lincoln Park and can attest that they are the biggest piece of shits on the planet. I had a spot in the back of my unit. A unit I owned. They towed my car out of my own spot and hung one of those tow unauthorized vehicle signs up on my own fucking property.

They're notorious, at least in Chicago. Have you heard the song?
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

did you end up having to pay? did they get charged for tresspassing?