Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
condors
College Starter

NHL:EHM 2005 Flyers

On paper the Flyers may be the best team in the league.

First thing is first we hire Ron Francis as an assistant coach he is great at everything and will be a valuable assett to the organization.

We also bring Craig Hartsberg aboard he is a technical coach with good ability.

We sign 2 free agents to min salary deals to help out a little bit with depth. Michal Rozsival 27 year old right defenseman who is nothing to write home about but is fine as 7th defenseman. Igor Radulov a rw/lw 23 years old former 3rd round pick of the Blackhawks looks like he could be getting some ice time and see if he gets any better(he isn't that bad now). We also sign 2 former 1st round picks of the Flyers c-Jeff Carter and c-Mike Richards both look to contribute but may play out of postion as we have Foresberg Primeau and Hanzus and i would like to see them get some time on the top 2 lines maybe i will play them on the 4th line and 2nd power play line together with Patrick Sharp(a young center who does everything above average but isn't a star in anything)

In the nets we have Robert Esche 27 years old and was ranked 10th best goalie in the league he will be our starter. We also have Antero Nittymaki who won the calder cup with the Phantoms last season he is 25 years old and teams are interested in him but he will be staying a Flyer. I don't see any of our other young players ready to step up.

The defense We trade Eric Desjardins and 2 prospects(who i didn't like the lack of physcial skills they currently had even though they were 4 star prospects) to the Islanders for thier #1 pick next draft. Desjardins was a good presence in the locker room and a stalwart on the ice and will be missed.
We have Kim Johnsson 29 years old will be our quaterback on the power play teamed up with free agent signing Derian Hatcher to do the dirty work.

Joni Pitakenan will team up with Mike Rathje giving us a similar look as the first pairing. Chris Therien will team up with Dennis Seidenberg for the third pairing.

We were over the salary cap so Desjardin move was needed and even though i like having an extra 1st round pick i am worried i hurt our chances this season and i feel we are very close to winning the cup.

The forwards I think i am going to go with Gagne Foresberg and Kapannen on the first line. With Richards Hanzeus and Carter on the 2nd line. Then have Brasher Primeau and Knuble be our checking line with Radulov, Sharp and Radviojevic on the fourth line. Jon Sim will start his first game on the bench (he lead the Phantoms in scoring last season)

I don't think we have a real weakness but Hitchcock thinks we need a top 2 defensemen depth at center left wing and right wing.

We tried to get Turner Stevenson through waviers and he was claimed i thought with his age and contract he would slip through i honestly don't mind him leaving as there are guys on the bench and in the Phantoms who can do the job as well as him if needed.

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
condors
College Starter

camp goes pretty well with Brashear being a real standout. I was trying to move him for a younger player but now i am having second thoughts about that.

Tactically we are having the Foresberg and Hanzues lines play behind the net and the Primeau and Sharp lines crash the net. Zonal defense, hard backchecking, normal pressing, hard hitting and power along the boards.

Brashear is encouraged to fight.

Hopefully this tactic works out for us.

I am a little worried about our current age on defense with Hatcher and Rathje and no young guys who look able to step in for them. Therien is also 33 years old so i am on the lookout for good young right sided defenders.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
condors
College Starter

Lots of players are being wavied and I put in a claim for 26 year old Brad Ferance he is a good banger on the blue line (checking hitting pokecheck are 15's)
Old 10-08-2005, 08:15 AM   #4
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Almost followed the same footsteps as you...

I managed to get Crosby as the season progressed, but impossible at the start, unless I was willing to part with 4 1st rounders.

Managed to get the 3rd overall from the Wild for some prospects.

My hardest challenge is drafting...I've decided after the 1st round, to just draft promising 17 year olds.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
condors
College Starter

October was a good month for the Flyers. We had 2 come from behind wins and ended the month in 1st place. Mike Richards has 10 points in 9 games and won rookie of the month.

We made a surprise deal. Montreal offered us Mike Komisarek 23 yeard old right defenseman their 1st round pick in 2001 and a 2nd round pick for Dennis Seidenberg. I don't want to trade Seidenberg so i make it 3 2nd round picks and they accepted my counter offer. I think i got the better of the deal although Seidenberg may be a little better than Komisarek it is pretty close hopefully i can get a few good young defenders with those picks. Another trade that is better down the road but not right now hopefully i don't get any more offeres i can't refuse.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #6
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I'll have to buy a version of EHM someday

Good luck!

FM
Old 10-08-2005, 09:17 AM   #7
condors
College Starter

November end and it was a pretty good month. The team played well although we are now trailing Pittsburg in the standings we do have 2 games in hand if we win then we are the top spot. As it stands we have the 2nd most points in the conferance.

Tried working out a deal for some Crosby kid who plays for Pittsburg but they seem to want to hang onto him.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:45 AM   #8
condors
College Starter

Frogman and Qwikshot thanks for reading!

December was our best month win loss wise but we suffered minor injury to Gagne (no big deal) but Komisark(1 month) and Hatcher(4 months). That called John Slaney up from the Phantoms be our 7th defenseman a role is he good at since he is can play both sides. Any more injuries on the defense and we may start scrambling. We are also shut out on the awards dept for the month but Esche got defensive player of the week once.

Pittsburg is now looking up at us but can we hold them off with our depleted defense?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #9
condors
College Starter

January was another strong month as we put some distance between ourselves and Pittsburg. Rozival has been nothing short of excellent. I am now probally going to look to move Hatcher when he gets healthy.

On a side note both Desjardins and Seidenberg suffered 4 month injuries.

Simon Gagne now has a star reputation and the board said he is an invaluable member of the team. (good thing i extended his contract)

Peter Forsberg is the only other player on the team with that good a rep.

The Senators have overtaken Pittsburg for the 2nd best record in the East. I would rather avoid playing either of them.

The Rangers fired their gm and were in 10th place at the time (that isn't so bad for the Rangers)

RJ Umberger got to play 2 games due to minor injury to Kapenen he has been playing well for the Phantoms (7.42 rating) he managed 2 assists but 0 goals playing on the top line.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #10
condors
College Starter

Febuary was a month of hard choices for me.

I felt i needed to get a couple top tier defense prospect so and i had my scouts looking at former 1st round draft picks. Well i tried to move for guys they though could be future key players for the Flyers.

Cam Barker and Mike Green were gained but Rathje and Therian were lost along with Slaney and 1st round round pick of 2005 Steve Downie along with a couple other no chancers. I signed them both but they won't be with the team until next season. Which means Freddy Meyer is getting a chance as our 7th defenseman.

If we suffer injuries on our defense it may cost us a chance at the cup. I just have we don't have 3 injured defenders during the playoffs or we will have slim pickings playing for us.

For some reason Pittsburg still didn't want to trade that Crosby kid and the trade deadline passed. At least i tried.

Overall i am very happy getting those 2 kids with Pittkenan and Johnson combined with Komisarek and Rozival we will have 6 defenders i feel totally comfertable with along with Meyer and Ferrence for depth if needed. Shame i can't get them in this season. I also still have Derian Hatcher so that will be a log jam next season and may lose somebody to waviers as i doubt i will be keeping 9 defenders with the Flyers but that is a worry for next season.

The standings stayed the same as much of the time was spent on international break.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #11
condors
College Starter

March was another good month in fact by the end of it we had clinched a playoff spot. Along with Senators, Penguins, Devils and Bruins. It looks like Tampa Bay Montreal and Buffalo are going to get the last 3 spots. I honestly believe that the cup is coming to Philadelphia at this point we just have too much. Simon Gagne got offensive player of the month. (he has been our best player this year)
Old 10-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #12
condors
College Starter

We win the Presidents Trophy for the best record in the league. Anything less than a Cup Victory will be a disapointment at this point.

We have the Sabers in the first round.

They have a good line with Hecht, Drury, and Afinogenov but after that noboy is lighting the lamp with any consistancy. They have 3 very good defenders in Dmitri Kalinin, Brian Campbell and Teppo Numminen after them though the bottom kinda falls out. Biron is a decent enough goalie but the lack of a 4th defender and scoring from someone besides their top line will make it a short series imho.

We sweep them in 4 games with the scores of 2-0, 3-1, 3-2 and 3-2. We never blew thier doors off like i thought we could but winning 4 straight to start the playoffs is never a bad thing and we are injury free.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:26 PM   #13
condors
College Starter

The 2nd round of the playoffs sees us square off with the Canadiens(7th seed) and honestly i couldn't have asked for a better draw. I would rather play these guys than the Devils, Ottawa or Pittsburg at this point. Another sweep is possible here.

We win the 1st game 5-3
We win the 2nd game 3-0
They win the 3rd game 4-3
We win the 4th game 4-3
We win the 5th game 5-3

I signed a bunch of kids that i was going to lose the rights for all got min deals and look to be career Phantoms at this point outside of Milan Kopescky a c/rw with some scoring ability.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #14
condors
College Starter

We have the Devils in the Eastern Conferance Finals. I never look forward to playing against them. They have a goalie and defense that are hard to crack. Heck i just went through thier forwards and there isn't a guy i wouldn't take on my team over to play on my 4th line at least. I think this could be a long tough series and i am alot less confindent then i was when the playoffs started.

We get a surprising 4-0 win in game 1.
In game 2 we win 3-0 Esche with back to back shutouts!
Game 3 a couple of my players are tired including Esche i decide to rest them
we lose the game 5-3 (if we lose the series i will 2nd guess myself there)
With are regulars back we lose 4-2 mo has left our side
Game 5 at home we lose 4-1 forcing us into a must win situation to avoid elimination.
Game 6 we win 4-2 in thier house and it all comes down to game 7 at home.
Game 7 we lose 5-3 thier is a huge dissapointment that follows this and i will be 2nd guessing the trades i made during the season as this team had the talent to lift the cup and i didn't get it done.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #15
BigDPW
College Prospect

Man sorry about the Conference Finals loss in Game 7... I will be reading... I am hoping to get back into EHM now that the patch is out but I keep having console games come out that I am giving a try... Oh and TEW 05 is also getting some playing time right now... Good luck in the offseason and with the draft.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #16
condors
College Starter

Thanks BigDPW

The Devils beat the Ducks in 5 games

The Devils added 2 players at the trading dealine that were good moves Jamal Myers 31 year old right winger, Jason York 36 year old right sided defenseman both contributed in the playoffs. They gave us 3 4th round picks and a couple no hopers to get these 2 guys. I won't say it was the difference but at the trading deadline i traded away 2 of our top 6 defensemen in order to get a couple of guys who where drafted in the 1st round in 2003 and couldn't join the team till this season. I think maybe if i had kept Rathje and Theriern it may have been a different ending but i believe we can correct that this season.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:26 AM   #17
condors
College Starter

(already played thru the season but cable was out this morning so he is the update so far)

Season 2 starts with a couple free agent signings

Ossi Vanaanen 25 year old left defensmen played in 81 games with a 7.65 rating for Colordo last season all he cost was 900k a year for 4 years.

Derrick Morris 28 year old right defenseman played 77 games for the Coyotes with a 7.71 rating costs us 1.3 million a year for 4 years (he is one of my favorite defensemen in the entire league)

I also traded 28 year old right sided defender Mical Rozsival for a 1st round pick last season he played in 49 games for the Flyers with a 7.71 rating. I sent a couple no hopers and gave them a 4th round pick and got a 6th round pick back.

Freddy Myers who was rated as my 9th best defeseman(by the coaches) was moved for a 2nd round pick to Buffalo. He is only 25 and always did a good job at filling in with the guys we picked up in free agency and Cam Barker and Mike Green already better we had a few too many defenders (i would have to expose him to waviers so i got what i could)

We are ranked as the #1 team in the preseason rankings. I am not sure about that but we are in the top 4 in the east with the Devils, Penguins, and Senators.

In training camp Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are both turning heads.

Mike Knuble and Donald Brashear are on the last year of their contract and won't resign. I normally would trade them but since i believe this is a legit chance at the cup i am going to keep them and let them go for nothing in free agency (heck maybe they will want to come back for less money when they relize they are 35 years old and not exactly the most profcient lamp lighters in hockey). They have made a very good third line with Keith Primeu and Knuble and Primeau are my #1 penalty killers.

At the end of the regular season the Flyers once again win the Presidents trophy for having the best record in the league. I am glad we played well but the playoffs are the only thing that matters if we don't win the cup i will need to go strike something repeatedly.

I have 4 players go to the all star game. Simon Gagne, Joni Pittkanen, Kim Johnsson, and Derrick Morris. (don't think i have ever had 3 defenders on the all star team before i am pretty proud of that)

The first round of the playoffs we sweep the Bruins in 4 games.

I sign my draft picks from last year a 3 of them look like players my two 1st round picks and Colten Yellow Horn (maybe i just like him for his name). Anyways it will be interesting to see how my lines shake out next season. Milan Kopensy Stefan Ruzicka and Ben Eager look to challenge for spots as well next year(Kopensy and Eager got some time this season when injuries happened). A Russian right winger Vladimir Nikiforov told me he isn't a decent young player and turns my offer down the rest sign. I think i will let him sit for another year and see if he changes his mind.

We beat Montreal in 6 games.

We face the Devils in the Eastern Conferance Finals for the 2nd year in a row this time there better be a different outcome...
Old 10-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #18
condors
College Starter

Game 1 we win 4-3
Game 2 we win 6-3
game 3 we lose 2-0
game 4 goes to overtime and we win 4-3
game 5 win win 4-1

the Flyers are going to play for Lord Stanley's Cup!
Old 10-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #19
condors
College Starter

We play Ken Hitchcock's former team for the cup the Dallas Stars.

Accourding to our scouts they have 8 5 star players 1 4 star player and the rest 3 star guys. Jeff Friesen is out for the next 2 months (one of their 5 star players). Also left sided defender Karlis Skrastins is injured day to day he is their 4 star player.

We will have to be mindfull of forwards Jason Arnott, Valeri Bure, Jere Leighton, and Brendon Morrow. They have a solid top line defense pairing in Martin Skoura and Zergi Zubov. Marty Turco won't cost them the series between the pipes either. Mike Modano is still playing well also.

I think the top two lines on both teams are filled with star players. After that i think i have an advantage over them.

We win game 1 3-1
We win game 2 4-0
We win game 3 3-2
We win game 4 4-1

in the immortal words of Gene Hart "The Flyers win the Stanley Cup!...The Flyers win the Stanley Cup!...The Flyers win the Stanley Cup! "

been way too long since i heard that
Old 10-10-2005, 05:51 AM   #20
condors
College Starter

I am looking forward to defending the Stanley Cup. I have alot of contracts to extend and it seems nobody wants 450k a season any longer. I get all of my guys signed but to my horror i am now 6 million dollars over the cap. I have no idea what to do i did draft a couple centers in the first round in the first draft i had and decied to move Antero Nittamaki is wanted by Columbus i trade them Antero, Derian Hatcher, Peter Forseberg, and Kieth Primeau for a scrub goalie, Marc Staal (defender who was drafted in the 1st round) and 3 2nd round picks. Basically i dumped my 3 oldest players on them. The Fans, the Board and several players are upset with the deal.

So this season will have a definate new look, our checking line of Brashear, Primeau and Knuble are gone and will be missed. Foresberg and Hatcher are also gone. The team will be younger but i don't think it will be better. I believe we can still win the cup we have a bunch of studs on defense, we have guys who can score in Gagne, Carter, Richards, Kappenan, i am not sure who is going to be playing where yet. I do know Ben Eager is going to be stepping into the enforcer role for the team. I am thinking of putting Gagne, Hanzeus and Kappenan on a line maybe go with Carter, Richards and one of the rookies on the 2nd line, With either Sharp or the other rookie on the third line between Eager and BJ Umberger. Also have Radivojevic, Kopensy, Sim, and Igor Radulov. I am sure guys will be playing all over at the forward spots.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:51 AM   #21
condors
College Starter

Its december 1st 2007 we are 15-6-1 which places us in 5th place. Normally this wouldn't have me worried as its early. The Penguins are 21-1-0. A full 11 points ahead of us. That has me very worried. Our rookie centers Chris Moran and Mike Duco have played alright (7.50 and 7.64 ratings) so i can't complain about them. I picked up Michael Leighton a 26 year old goalie that the Blackhawks wavied and he is our new backup.

It is going to be very tough to catch Pittsburg hopefully they will return to earth at some point this season and we can close the gap.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #22
Johnny93g
College Starter

good read....you obvioulsy made some good moves, but you have actually dettered me from getting this version.....the trade AI sounds just awful......every trade you made is overwelmingly in your favour....Rozsival for a 1st.....the Barker addition, and desjardins for a 1st.....seems way way too easy...but congrats on your cup none the less
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #23
condors
College Starter

thanks for reading Johnny93g. Well Barker and Green were 4 star guys and i can't always get the guys i want all the time but there are lots of guys who can fill the role you need so if you make enough offers you can get guys cheap (i normally go thru every team in the league and take the best deal, i don't see it as cheating or anything because i assume every gm would do that, i have alot easier time unloading a guy than i do picking a guy up so i just tend to offer players who i feel i may be able to get something for them to everyone and see if they offer one of my needs)

Well its march 1st and we are heading to the homestrech of the season. I really don't know what to do we are 6 points behind the Penguins which puts us in 4th place but points we have the 2nd most in the league. Pittsburgs roster is as follows

G1-Jocelin Thibault 33 years old 1.5 million 2 more years
G2-Ty Conklin 31 years old 475k for 3 more seasons

defense:
sergi gonchar 33 years old 5 million 2 more years
eric bruer 28 years old 2 million 1 more year
marek malik 32 years old 2.2 million last year
jason smith 34 years old 2 million 1 more year
oleg tverdosky 31 years old 2,5 million last year
ric jackman 29 years old 750k 1 more year
ryan whittney 25 years old 1.2 million 2 more years
andrew ferrance 28 years old 775k 2 more years

pretty solid group although they aren't the youngest group of guys

forwards:
ryan malone, sidney crosby, konstantan Koltsov
michael nylander, evgeni malkin, ben clymer
zigmund palfy, mario lemieux, mark recchi
dan carcillo, kris beech, colby armstrong

for depth they also have jay pandolfo, milan kraft and craig adams

pretty darn good i think they have a problem if they need to use their #3 keeper (but so would i) or there 9th defenseman, or there 6th best left wing, 9th best center(holy smokes they have alot of young talented guys here) or there 6th best right winger.

I think on paper they may be the best collection of talent i have seen. I would have no problem rolling out there roster for every game and wouldn't worry a bit if i got a couple injuries either.

I don't see us catching them maybe we can avoid them in the playoffs just will have to see what happens(maybe salary cap issues will break them up in the offseason)
Old 10-16-2005, 02:46 AM   #24
condors
College Starter

Then season ends and we played well enough to earn a Presidents trophy in alot of seasons with 124 points problem is Pittsburg ended the season with 130. So while we are the 2nd best team in the league record wise we are the 4th seed in the playoffs. We have the Devils in the first round of the playoffs being the 4th seed playing the 5th seed makes it tough. The Devils are the 5th best team in the league point wise 4th in the conferance behind Penguins, Flyers, and the Senators. The Canucks look to be the team to beat in the west.

Devils matchups
Martin Brodeur - he is still all world averaging 7.77 this year 35 years old 5.5 million and is signed through next season. As long as Brodeur is on his game the Devils will always be tough to beat.

Defense:
Pavel Kubina is thier #1 defenseman 30 years old came over from the Lighting signed through next season at 2.5 million a year averaged 7.74 this season.

Colin White paired with Kubina 30 years old making 1.1 million for another 2 more seasons will drop the gloves although he only won 1 out of 4 fights this season. He is way more talented than just an "enforcer" type guy though averaging 7.69

Bret Hedican is still going at 37 is signed for next year at 575k what a bargin averaged 7.55 and played in all 82 games so he isn't playing like an old broken down guy(still has 14 for his speed and accerlation so he can still skate)

Brian Rafalski a veteran at 34 years old signed for another 2 seasons 2.5 million averaged 7.68 this year.

Paul Martin 27 years old makes 525k and is on my shortlist i like this guy averaged 7.55 for the money you won't find a better player.

Sandis Ozolinsh 35 years old but has shown signs of aging. Still averaged a 7.53 and has the ability to run the point but isn't the best in his own zone.

Yanick Trembley 32 years old played in 20 games averaged 7.55 making 450k and not signed for next season i would play him over Ozolinsh in a heartbeat.

Could age be a factor in the playoffs (sometimes the old guys get tired) as far as i am concerned its going to be tough to score in this series.

Patrick Elias had 85 points playing at 7.95 is on a line with Scott Gomez (82 points 7.98) and Victor Kozlov (79pts 7.80)

the 2nd line is Alex Tanguay 64 pts 7.77 rating Petr Nedved 28 pts 7.47 rating
and Owen Nolan (33 points 7.47)

third line Per-Johan Axelsson (16 pts 7.24) Zach Parise (40 pts 7.70 rating) and Brian Gionta 21 points 7.41 rating

the fourth line is Jody Shelly (19 pts 7.16) Mike Ricci (15 pts 7.24) and Alexander Suglobov(30 pts 7.38 rating, 26 year old 2nd round pick of the devils in 2000 looks like a player)

Basically they have Parise Gionta and Suglobov and 3 other guys they put on the third and 4th lines. Luckily Nedved and Nolan are playing like they maybe should have called it quits at the end of last season. Their top line is very dangerous though.

on our side of things we had our top 6 forwards all get over 60 pts and play at 7.69 or better so i believe we have the advantage there.

Ben Eager our new enforcer had 11 fights this season but only won 4 of them (hopefully things get better for the kid)

our defense Johnsson, Pitkanen and Barker on the left side is the best in the league (imho) With Morris Green and Komisarek on the right side we are good
(Komisarek had the worst season with a 7.55 rating which is fine) the surprise of the season is Marc Staal who was a former 1st round pick of the Rangers who has steps in and played at a 7.64.

We have been informed Green will battle groin problems thought his career he missed 27 games this year we will try to move him after the season.

In Goal they have an advantage although Esche isn't all world he is compentant and loves the team and thinks i am extremely competant. (i am hoping there is a goalie worthy of a 1st round pick out there this season there look to be 2 1st round worthy goalies in the draft not sure if i will be able to get one)

I think our advantage with our forwards will be enough to beat them but Brodeur is capable of stealing the series.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:06 AM   #25
condors
College Starter

Game 1 Flyers win 3-0
Game 2 Flyers win 3-2 in overtime
Game 3 Devils win 3-2
Game 4 Flyers win 5-2
Game 5 Flyers win 4-0

Glad to get through the first round

The Lighting beat the Canadiens in 6 games
The Senators beat the Panthers in 7 games
The Bruins beat the Penguins in 7 games (i do my happy dance)

We get the Lighting in the next round
Old 10-16-2005, 03:31 AM   #26
condors
College Starter

The Lighting match ups

G John Grahme 32 years old, isn't bad 2.56 goals against and a .915 save percentage (i think he is playing above his ratings personally)

Brad Richards(87 pts 7.98) Vincent Lecavalier(102 pts 8.05) and Martin St Louis(80 pts 8.00) these guys are one of the top lines in the league Richards and St. Louis both missed a bunch of games or the point number would have been around 100 like Lecavalier.

The 2nd line of Fredik Modin (54 pts 7.57) Martin Cibak (26 pts 7.46 rating-missed games due to injuries) Russlan Fedotenko (28 pts 7.31)

The 3rd line has Anson Carter on it but the rest of the guys are borderline guys Brendan Shananahan has a name but his 17 pts in 74 games with a 6.97 average shows the 39 year old is a shell of what he used to be.

on defense the have Dan Boyle 31 years old 3.3 million dollars last year of contract (missed 49 games this season averaged 7.67)

Radek Martinek 31 years old 450k for another season 7.63 rating (what a bargin)

Darryl Sydor 35 years old 1 more season at 2.1 million averaged 7.73

Alexei Semenov 27 years old 1 more season at 750k averaged 7.71

Cory Sarich 29 years old 1 more year at 1.3 million averaged 7.52

Drake Berehowsky 36 years old 1 more year at 525k averaged 7.54

overall not a bad group but i don't think they are as good as the Devils oh they are the 3rd seed so they have home ice advantage for the series.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:46 AM   #27
condors
College Starter

Game 1 Flyers win 6-3
Game 2 Flyers win 4-1
Game 3 Flyers win 2-1
Game 4 Flyers win 6-1

The Senators beat the Bruins in 6 games they are #2 seed so will have home ice advantage over us.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:05 AM   #28
condors
College Starter

In goal they have Sebastian Caron (48 games 2.50 goals against .914 save percentage) and Dominik Hasek(35 games 2.19 goals against and .925 save percentage) they have playing Caron mostly but the Dominator has gotten a few playoff games. Both are good goalies.

They lack offensive punch that our prior oppenets had Jason Spezza(60 pts 7.74) and Danny Heatly (33 pts in 44 games 7.66) you can add Daniel Afredsson on the 2nd line(34 pts in 46 games 7.50) but after those guys its a bunch of role players.

on defense they have Wayne Redden 30 years old 7.61 rating with Mike Rathje 33 years old 7.62 rating then Craig Philips 30 years old 7.61 rating and Darius Kasparitis 35 years old 7.52 rating. Dick Tarnstrom 33 years old 7.63 rating and Jaroslav Spacek 34 years old 7.27 rating.

While the defense isn't that bad is isn't the youngest or the most talented. These guys are here due to outstanding play by thier goalies.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:17 AM   #29
condors
College Starter

Game 1 Flyers win 3-1
Game 2 Flyers win 4-2
Game 3 Senators win 3-2
Game 4 Flyers win 4-2
Game 5 Flyers win 4-2

The Stars beat the Red Wings in 7 games to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:34 AM   #30
condors
College Starter

The Stars aren't a bad team my main worry is Marty Turco who is described as a Franchise Goalie (2.50 Goals against .923 save percentage and 7.70) Jeff Friesen (80 pts 7.84) Jason Arnott (74 pts 7,78) Valrie Bure (59 pts 7.61) isn't a bad top line 37 year old Mike Modono(64 pts 7.48) and 25 year old Niko Dimitrakos(47 pts 7.54) are the only other 2 guys who have done anything of note forward wise. Defense 28 year old Martin Skoula (7.84) and 37 year old Sergi Zubov (7.76) are very good first pairing 33 year old Karlis Skrastins (7.56) and 35 year old Phillipe Boucher (7.57) and 30 year old Toni Lydman (7.38) and 32 year old Mathieu Dandenault (7.47) its a pretty decent group overall is a little on the older side.

Overall they are a decent team but its going to take heroic play from Turco to win the cup.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:46 AM   #31
condors
College Starter

Game 1 Flyers win 3-2
Game 2 Flyers win 5-2
Game 3 Flyers win 4-1
(Richards and Sharp are injured and we call up a couple forwards from the Phantoms)
Game 4 Stars win 4-1
Game 5 Flyers win 4-1

The Flyers win the Stanley Cup!
Old 10-18-2005, 05:30 AM   #32
condors
College Starter

The offseason we get some trade offers and we make a couple minor changes our 1st round pick from a couple drafts ago will get a look at making the team in the preseason. In the draft we get the guy we wanted heading into the draft in the first round we get a russian goalie he was the top goalie in the draft accourding to our scouts.

Colton Yellow Horn won an award for his play in the AHL (forgot the name i am not at my pc right now) and is the best player on the Phantoms.

I think our team is set and i am really happy with our collection of talent. (i have 28 players that are former 1st round picks) With Gagne, Kappenen, Richards, and Carter we have top line talent. With Hanzus, Radviojevic, and Radzlov on the third line and a host of guys going for the 4th line although Eager Sharp and Kopeney seem to be the guys.

I have some guys on the Phantoms that i actually want to get with the big club but i am going to wait and try to see if these guys can win another cup.