Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #951
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just finished watching a great documentary called 'Serving Life'. Tells the story of hardened felons who volunteer to be hospice workers for dying inmates.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #952
korme
Go Reds

Watched that the other night, pretty interesting
korme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #953
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Netflix Wins Casting Emmy for 'House of Cards' Over Major TV Dramas
Old 09-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #954
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

New episodes of Walking Dead (Season 3) and Continuum (Season 2) are now up on Netflix.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #955
rowech
Pro Starter

John Caparulo's new standup routine was hysterical. In addition, the movie Safety Not Guranteed stars a bunch of people that are well liked and known in a very unique and enjoyable movie.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #956
PilotMan
Head Coach

For those of you who missed it the first go around (like me) you can now watch Sharknado on the instant player.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #957
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Disney and Netflix in Deal for Series Based on Marvel Characters - NYTimes.com
Old 11-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #958
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I found Four Year Plan., a documentary on Queen Park Rangers efforts to secure promotion to the English Premier League a very good watch.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #959
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've finished watching Jack Taylor, a one-series Irish show about an ex-cop turned private detective - a bit of the material is hackneyed but overall I felt they were very well done.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #960
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If you're into wine, Somm is an excellent documentary about some dudes trying to become master sommeliers. It's nuts what they have to do.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #961
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
If you're into wine, Somm is an excellent documentary about some dudes trying to become master sommeliers. It's nuts what they have to do.

I'll have to watch this one. I know a couple of world-renown master sommeliers. I've heard it's borderline ridiculous.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #962
korme
Go Reds

Wrong thread

Last edited by korme : 11-11-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #963
RainMaker
General Manager

First 4 seasons of Dexter are up on Netflix. Last 4 come January 1st. It got bad at the end but the first couple seasons were good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I found Four Year Plan., a documentary on Queen Park Rangers efforts to secure promotion to the English Premier League a very good watch.

Going to watch it tonight. Thanks for the recommendation.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #964
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:

Just finished this. A fantastic watch. Now to fire up the old FM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #965
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:

This was fun to watch. Ended up going to ESPN and checking up to see how well they did after filming was over.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #966
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'll have to watch this one. I know a couple of world-renown master sommeliers. I've heard it's borderline ridiculous.

I'll just say I have always wanted to have a winery, but I know soooooo little about wine other than the flavor I generally like. Couldn't begin to explain the notes and regions of a wine just by swishing it around and smelling it and examining the viscosity, etc. These guys can do it with what seems like 50% accuracy, which boggles my mind.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #967
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up on this - I watched it last night after seeing the recommendations here.

A must-watch for any FM fans, as it's almost entirely "back-room" stuff and truly fascinating stuff at that.

What's amazing to me is that the owners of the club are the ones that essentially funded this film and they come across as villains (speaking of Flavio Briatore and Gianni Paladini).

They seem absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to work for - hell, Neil Warnock had them at the top of the table, playing great football and they have that one loss to Watford and there's Paladini and Briatore acting like spoiled children and saying the coach sucks.

Just a fascinating piece. The son-in-law part owner (Amit Bhatia) comes across much, much better. Seems like a humble (yet very rich) guy and I could only imagine how tough it was for him to bite his lip when his two, hot-headed partners would spout off.

Highly recommended film.

BTW: just read up on Flavio a bit - he went out with Heidi Klum and fathered a child with her??? Shows what money can do...
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #968
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Just finished this. A fantastic watch. Now to fire up the old FM.

It is amazing how quickly teams lose patience with their managers.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #970
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
It is amazing how quickly teams lose patience with their managers.

I commented about that to the wife, while watching. I don't follow soccer, but is that normal? Makes American sports franchises look downright stable.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #971
Critch
lolzcat

I've been racing through "Fringe" on netflix. It's not high quality tv, but it's watchable and has some good characters. Especially The Observer.

Kind of like X-Files and Lost met and had a baby, and the baby was Fringe.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #972
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I loved Fringe. Was very sad to see it go... though they ended it pretty cool
Old 12-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #973
Critch
lolzcat

Somebody I work with who is a huge x-files nerd recommended Fringe, the fact it came to a proper end and wasnt canceled mid-season was what got it onto my watch list.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #974
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I finally managed to get through all 13 episodes of "Orange Is The New Black." Great series. I really enjoyed it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #975
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Somebody I work with who is a huge x-files nerd recommended Fringe, the fact it came to a proper end and wasnt canceled mid-season was what got it onto my watch list.
Just finished Fringe yesterday...I enjoyed it very much. Loved that everything was wrapped up in the end.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #976
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I finally managed to get through all 13 episodes of "Orange Is The New Black." Great series. I really enjoyed it.

Two down, eleven to go. Intrigued, but not yet sucked into "must race through season!" mode.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #977
TexasT
Mascot

New House of Cards starts on Feb 14
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #978
frnk55
High School Varsity

Sad day for me as I finished up Parks and Recs. I absolutely love that show. Each character was great!
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #979
Izulde
Head Coach

Parks and Rec is still ongoing, and you can catch up on this season's episodes if you have Hulu+

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #980
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The final 8 episodes of Breaking Bad really need to be added.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #981
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
The final 8 episodes of Breaking Bad really need to be added.

I'm waiting for these to be added before I start my binge watching. I've never watched the show.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #982
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I can't judge season 5 yet, but 1 was very good with 2-4 being a hell of a run.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #983
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Two down, eleven to go. Intrigued, but not yet sucked into "must race through season!" mode.
I was the same way when I watched a few months ago. Good, not great early on, but it really gathers steam mid-season and then finishes strong.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #984
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I'm waiting for these to be added before I start my binge watching. I've never watched the show.

+1
Old 12-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #985
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Quote:
+1

+2
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #986
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just finished watching a great documentary called 'Serving Life'. Tells the story of hardened felons who volunteer to be hospice workers for dying inmates.

Very, very good documentary.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #987
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

You might as well get started now. I mean, no hyperbole, it's the greatest show ever.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #988
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Parks and Rec is still ongoing, and you can catch up on this season's episodes if you have Hulu+
I noticed that the other day. It's tempting...Are there any major differences between NF & Hulu?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #989
Subby
lolzcat

Netflix airs their first original documentary next week (on the 12th if memory serves). The Short Game has some buzz and according to Variety could get a look during Oscar season.

Quote:
THE SHORT GAME follows the lives of eight of the best 7-year old golfers in the world as they train for and compete in the World Championships of Junior Golf. The annual tournament held at golfing mecca Pinehurst, North Carolina, brings in 1500 young golfers from 54 different countries and determines who will be crowned golfs next phenom. In its course, the eight stories entwine to form a fascinating and often funny portrait of a group of very young athletes and their families, in which the narrow-focused, peculiar and highly competitive junior golf subculture becomes both a window into contemporary global society and an inspiring reflection of the human condition.

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Last edited by Subby : 12-07-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #990
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnk55 View Post
I noticed that the other day. It's tempting...Are there any major differences between NF & Hulu?

Biggest difference is that Hulu+ is better overall for TV shows IMO. The current seasons in particular is a big draw for people who don't have cable, like me.

Netflix is vastly superior when it comes to movies. In fact, I can't remember the last time I watched a movie on Hulu+, unless it was one of the Criterion Collection films.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #991
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I've finished watching Jack Taylor, a one-series Irish show about an ex-cop turned private detective - a bit of the material is hackneyed but overall I felt they were very well done.

Watched those as well. I really enjoyed them…they were a bit cliched at times, but still solid acting and worth the view.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #992
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Biggest difference is that Hulu+ is better overall for TV shows IMO. The current seasons in particular is a big draw for people who don't have cable, like me.

Netflix is vastly superior when it comes to movies. In fact, I can't remember the last time I watched a movie on Hulu+, unless it was one of the Criterion Collection films.
Good to know about Hulu. I downgraded my cable to the lowest tier ever since I got Netflix.
Now I'm going to grab Hulu +
Old 12-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #993
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just noticed while browsing the listings that all seasons of Dexter will be available on Netflix starting in January. Previously, only seasons 1-4 were available. Pretty excited to burn through that entire series.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #994
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

The other big difference is ads during the shows on Hulu+, unless that changed recently...
Old 12-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #995
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
The other big difference is ads during the shows on Hulu+, unless that changed recently...
That's why we got rid of Hulu+ - "why am I paying for this service if I still have to see &*(% ads!"

Old 12-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #996
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
That's why we got rid of Hulu+ - "why am I paying for this service if I still have to see &*(% ads!"

+1. A paid service that still has ads is a non-starter for me, regardless of what they offer.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #997
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Louie Season 3 is pure gold.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #998
korme
Go Reds

Short Game was pretty good.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #999
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
+1. A paid service that still has ads is a non-starter for me, regardless of what they offer.

IMO, this view is completely silly. Cable is a paid service that still has ads.

Anyways, I just started Hulu+, and its been great for me. I have heard great things about "Sleepy Hollow", but I didn't DVR it because the premise seemed dumb. So, I was able to go back and watch some eps. I also plan to do this with Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Also it saved me a bit when I recorded an episode of glee on my Tivo, but the signal was too garbled. I just fired up the Hulu+ (on Chromecast) and watched it there.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 12-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #1000
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Just noticed while browsing the listings that all seasons of Dexter will be available on Netflix starting in January. Previously, only seasons 1-4 were available. Pretty excited to burn through that entire series.

You might be better off just stopping at season 4. I wouldn't say the remaining seasons aren't worth watching at all if you have the time, but expectations need to be toned way way down. And that's before we even get until the final season.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote