Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #851
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Debra LaFave refuses plea bargain, "too pretty for prison".

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBCF7YVABE.html

Quote:
If convicted, Lafave, 24, could face up to 15 years in prison on each of two charges of lewd and lascivious battery.

Fitzgibbons said the prosecution's plea deal involved ``significant prison time'' and he found that unacceptable.

``To place Debbie into a Florida state women's penitentiary, to place an attractive young woman in that kind of hell hole, is like putting a piece of raw meat in with the lions,'' Fitzgibbons said.
I'd like to suggest home detention... at my house. I'll give her daily spankings to remind her what a bad girl she is.

/going to hell
Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 PM   #852
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

So. basically her lawyer is complaining that she would go from predator to pray?

Let the punishment fit the crime.
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #853
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, the chick in the link below may be facing not only jail time, but the death penalty, for trying to kill herself by getting drunk and driving over 70 MPH into the back of a Honda waiting at a red light. The 3 guys in the Honda (all Chicago musicians) were killed. So, I don't think this guy's argument about LaFave is going to fly.

WARNING - the pic is NSFW (bikini shot):

hxxp://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=52448
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #854
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt
So. basically her lawyer is complaining that she would go from predator to pray?

Let the punishment fit the crime.

She must be holding out to get sent to juvie.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:07 PM   #855
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr
She must be holding out to get sent to juvie.
Classic.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:32 PM   #856
Ksyrup

A little more...

Fla. Teacher to Claim Insanity in Sex Case
By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer 8 minutes ago

A teacher will claim she was insane due to emotional stress and did not know right from wrong when she had sex numerous times with a 14-year-old student, her attorney said Monday.

"What teacher in her right mind would do something like this?" attorney John Fitzgibbons said after a brief hearing for his client, Debra Lafave, a middle-school reading teacher.

The judge agreed to appoint two mental health professionals to evaluate Lafave, 24. Prosecutors have said a state psychologist already determined Lafave was not insane, while one hired by the defense concluded that she was mentally ill.

Lafave's trial was set for Dec. 5 on four felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery and one count of lewd and lascivious exhibition. Each carries a maximum 15-year prison term.

Fitzgibbons said plea bargaining broke down because prosecutors wanted Lafave to serve too much prison time, though he did not give details.

"To place an attractive young woman in that kind of hell hole is like putting a piece of raw meat in with the lions," said Fitzgibbons. "I'm not sure she would survive."

A state attorney's office spokeswoman didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

The boy told investigators he and the teacher had sex in a classroom, her house and once in a vehicle while his 15-year-old cousin drove. He said Lafave told him her marriage was in trouble and that she was aroused by the fact that having sex with him was not allowed.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #857
Ksyrup

The problem for the defense in this case is that the question of "What teacher in her right mind would do something like this?" has been answered numerous times. In fact, we ought to forward a link to this thread to the prosecution. We have a list of female teachers who have done this, and I bet nearly every one of them was sane. Maybe drunk, maybe stupid, maybe in a bad relationship, maybe lacking judgment...but sane.

Sorry biotch, you goin' down. Again.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #858
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
A teacher will claim she was insane due to emotional stress and did not know right from wrong when she had sex numerous times with a 14-year-old student, her attorney said Monday.

The boy told investigators he and the teacher had sex in a classroom, her house and once in a vehicle while his 15-year-old cousin drove. He said Lafave told him her marriage was in trouble and that she was aroused by the fact that having sex with him was not allowed.

She is going to have a tough time getting that explanation to fly.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #859
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
She is going to have a tough time getting that explanation to fly.
No one can trust you, you warlock!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:05 AM   #860
Ksyrup

Appeals court says kiss between teacher, student violated sex law

Associated Press

TOPEKA, Kan. - A teacher who "French kisses" a student over the age of 16 still has committed an illegal sex act under state law, the Kansas Court of Appeals ruled Friday.

Last year, the state's sexual relations law was amended to make it a felony for school employees to have sexual contact with students ages 16 and 17. Prior to that, sex abuse laws in Kansas had only applied to victims under the age of 16.

The appeals court said Friday that French kissing constitutes the felony act of "lewd fondling or touching" between a school employee and a student from the same school.

The court ruled on the appeal of Lori Lynn Stout, 32, a former teacher and coach at Wellington High School in south-central Kansas. She had been found guilty by a Sumner County jury of unlawful sexual relations.

The case involved her relationship with a 16-year-old female student.

According to court documents, the student initiated a French kiss while staying overnight at Stout's home, but Stout resisted. The two later kissed again, records show.

Both the girl and Stout denied any other type of sexual contact, and each said she had no interest in pursuing a sexual relationship, the court acknowledged.

But based on the circumstances of the case, the judges supported the jury's earlier finding.

"A French kiss or tongue kiss is indisputably a touching; moreover, it is a touching that is not necessarily innocent, dependent upon the circumstances," the court said. "Given the weight of authorities acknowledging that such kissing can be intimate sexual contact, we decline to hold as a matter of law that such contact cannot be lewd touching."

They court did, however, grant Stout a new trial because the jury had received improper instructions.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #861
QuikSand
lolzcat

This thread must NEVER be allowed to slip into the archives.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:17 AM   #862
Ksyrup

I've been picking up FN's slack for some time. I think he let his Google Alert for "teacher student sex" lapse.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #863
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
I've been picking up FN's slack for some time. I think he let his Google Alert for "teacher student sex" lapse.

He just modified it to...

Peanut Butter Loving Crawfish......
Old 07-19-2005, 01:49 PM   #864
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Appeals court says kiss between teacher, student violated sex law

Associated Press

TOPEKA, Kan. - A teacher who "French kisses" a student over the age of 16 still has committed an illegal sex act under state law, the Kansas Court of Appeals ruled Friday.

Last year, the state's sexual relations law was amended to make it a felony for school employees to have sexual contact with students ages 16 and 17. Prior to that, sex abuse laws in Kansas had only applied to victims under the age of 16.

The appeals court said Friday that French kissing constitutes the felony act of "lewd fondling or touching" between a school employee and a student from the same school.

The court ruled on the appeal of Lori Lynn Stout, 32, a former teacher and coach at Wellington High School in south-central Kansas. She had been found guilty by a Sumner County jury of unlawful sexual relations.

The case involved her relationship with a 16-year-old female student.

According to court documents, the student initiated a French kiss while staying overnight at Stout's home, but Stout resisted. The two later kissed again, records show.

Both the girl and Stout denied any other type of sexual contact, and each said she had no interest in pursuing a sexual relationship, the court acknowledged.

But based on the circumstances of the case, the judges supported the jury's earlier finding.

"A French kiss or tongue kiss is indisputably a touching; moreover, it is a touching that is not necessarily innocent, dependent upon the circumstances," the court said. "Given the weight of authorities acknowledging that such kissing can be intimate sexual contact, we decline to hold as a matter of law that such contact cannot be lewd touching."

They court did, however, grant Stout a new trial because the jury had received improper instructions.

mmmm, hot lesbian teacher-student sex. does it get any better than that? well, besides legal lesbian teacher-student sex?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #865
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
mmmm, hot lesbian teacher-student sex. does it get any better than that? well, besides legal lesbian teacher-student sex?

You must have missed my post of this story earlier. This relationship appears to have been more, uh, "advanced" than the new one.

Quote:

Is this our first female/female story?

Former middle school teacher arrested on sex abuse charges

07/03/2005

Associated Press

A former Augusta County teacher has been arrested in California on charges she had sex with a female student in the late 1990s.

Shelby Sue Shelton, 49, was charged with two counts of carnal knowledge of a minor and two counts of taking indecent liberties with a child. She was in the Sacramento County Jail Friday awaiting extradition to Virginia.

Shelton was a music teacher at Beverley Manor Middle School in the mid-1990s and worked for the Augusta County school system from 1981 until 2000, police said.

The accuser claims Shelton abused her from 1996 to 1998 while she was a student at the middle school until she was a freshman at Buffalo Gap High School. She has since graduated and gone to college, Sheriff Randy Fisher said Friday.

The victim made the allegations in March "because it was the right thing to do and she did not want to see this happen to another child," Fisher said. After leaving Augusta County, Shelton taught music in the San Jose, Calif., school system before going on disability.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #866
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
This thread must NEVER be allowed to slip into the archives.

He is being serious!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #867
Klinglerware
College Starter

The latest story...

hxxp://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=384334&category=ALBANY&BCCode=&newsdate=8/1/2005

Ex-CBA teacher faces rape charges
Woman, 42, to surrender Monday to police in connection with alleged incidents involving student

By BRENDAN LYONS, Staff writer
First published: Saturday, July 30, 2005

COLONIE -- A former English teacher at Christian Brothers Academy is scheduled to surrender to police on Monday to face felony rape charges in connection with two incidents involving a former student.

The teacher, 42-year-old Sandra "Beth" Geisel, was fired from her job at the private all-boys school last month after police in Cohoes allegedly found her in a parked car with another one of her students, who was 17.

Geisel, formerly of Long Shadow Drive, Latham, became the focus of a police investigation after that June 11 incident in Cohoes. A police officer who responded to a call for a parked car left running and with its lights on said he found Geisel and the boy in the back seat of the car in the town's hillside neighborhood. The boy, who has not been identified, and Geisel both allegedly lied to the officer about their ages, according to a copy of the police report.

There were no criminal charges filed in connection with that incident because the boy was older than 16. In New York, a child 16 or younger cannot legally consent to have sex with an adult.

As word of Geisel's firing spread through the CBA community, another boy, who is 16, went to Colonie police with his father and alleged he had sex with the teacher on two occasions, according to police. One of the alleged incidents took place in Colonie and the other at a home in Ravena, authorities close to the case said.

Geisel left the area after being fired from CBA, but has negotiated with police to turn herself in at Colonie police headquarters on Monday.

"We understand that they're going to file charges, and she'll be appearing voluntarily to answer the charges," Donald T. Kinsella, Geisel's attorney, said Friday, declining further comment.

Geisel is expected to be charged with two counts of third-degree rape, a felony, according to law enforcement officials close to the case. A grand jury also is scheduled to review the case late next week, the officials said.

School officials at CBA have been criticized by many parents for keeping the matter private. A month after Geisel was fired, the school sent a letter to parents stating that a teacher, who was not identified, had been terminated for having inappropriate contact with a student.

That same week, Colonie police confirmed they had opened a criminal investigation.

Geisel, who has three sons and a daughter, has been estranged for about a year from her husband, Thomas Geisel, 43, who heads commercial banking in the Northeast and New England for KeyBank. He also is president of KeyBank in the Capital Region.

School officials said Geisel was hired as an English teacher at the school when she began working there last year. She subsequently took a job as a paid volunteer, running the school's writing lab. In that post, she regularly worked one-on-one with students and helped them with writing assignments.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:44 PM   #868
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Very nice...I wonder if she is related to Theodore Geisel.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:48 PM   #869
Klinglerware
College Starter

And the requisite pic from the Fark thread:

http://www.wnyt.com/Images/050801_geisel.jpg

Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:57 PM   #870
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Very nice...I wonder if she is related to Theodore Geisel.

Heh, I was gonna ask if she was reading Dr Seuss to the kid before getting it on...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #871
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

damn, ya all beat me to it!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 PM   #872
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Catholic School just got a whole lot sexier...
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #873
Samdari
Roster Filler

Damn, 42. Here's hoping the Mrs looks that good.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #874
Bo Jackson's Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

We had a teacher at my school when I was a senior that had grad. high school early at 16-17 and was a first year teacher at 20 years old. Two of my friends did the deed with her and swear to this day they're telling the truth. She was a redheaded hottie.
Bo Jackson's Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #875
Ksyrup

We want either pics or confirmed news reports. Preferably the former.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #876
Ksyrup

Man, this got me all excited. A slideshow! What a tease.

Slideshow: Female Teacher Allegedly Had Sex With Boy

Here's another shot of Mrs. Geisel:

Old 08-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #877
Ksyrup

You guys missed one while I was gone...

Bell Gardens Teacher Arrested For Allegedly Having Sex With Student

A Bell Gardens high school teacher is facing charges Thursday of having sex with a student, NBC4 reported.

Police arrested music teacher Rene Biggel at about 11 a.m. at the school.

A tipster reportedly called police to register suspicions that a female teacher was having an "improper relationship" with a student, police said.

Charges include allegedly "participating in sex acts with a child under the age of 18" and alleged "molestation of a child under the age of 18," NBC4 reported.

Bail is set at $125,000, police said.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #878
Ksyrup

Ex-teacher gets year in jail for relationship with pupil
Saturday, July 30, 2005

By EMAN VAROQUA
STAFF WRITER

A 28-year-old former math teacher at a Passaic middle school was sentenced to one year in jail for having an intimate relationship with a teenage student.

Maria C. Saco of Passaic pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child and was sentenced Thursday to the Passaic County Jail.

Saco was teaching remedial math during summer school in 2003 to seventh- and eighth-graders when she met the boy, then 14. The boy went on to high school, but Saco's attorney, Joseph Afflitto Sr., said the boy contacted her through e-mail. The two started a relationship that fall. Saco had even given the boy a key to her apartment.

She resigned from her full-time position at Lincoln Middle School shortly after she was arrested in October.

Superior Court Judge Marilyn C. Clark in Paterson said in court that she felt jail was appropriate instead of probation.

In 2002, a Bergen County judge elicited criticism when he sentenced a Clifton teacher who had sex with a 13-year-old student to probation instead of jail. Judge Bruce A. Gaeta had suggested the affair may have been a way for the boy to "satisfy his sexual needs." That decision was overturned, and the teacher, Pamela Diehl-Moore of Lyndhurst, was sentenced to three years in prison. It was later revealed that Gaeta was not handed all the files of the psychological analysis of the student.

Saco's sentencing sparked a discussion during the sentencing about female sex offenders compared with male offenders.

Reached Friday, Joseph Del Russo, Passaic County chief assistant prosecutor, said, "What she did was no less exploitive, no less a form of betrayal, and no less traumatic for the 14-year-old male."

Del Russo said that what is often the case is that male offenders commit these acts to satisfy sexual desires, whereas females do so to satisfy emotional needs.

Afflitto said in Saco's case, the boy had pursued his teacher, and had made other advances to two other teachers. One teacher, Afflitto said, rejected him outright, and the other reported his e-mail to school security.

Saco "unfortunately made the bad judgment of responding," he said. "The young man in the end is still underage. But he wasn't somebody victimized or pressured. He was soliciting her. It wasn't your typical situation where the teacher is abusing their position."

Saco had just broken off a volatile relationship and was dealing with severe self-esteem issues, Del Russo said. And that was why she was vulnerable to this situation, Afflitto said.

Such was the case with Lisa Bell, the Paterson Catholic Regional High School teacher who pleaded guilty in 2003 to child cruelty for a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male student. Bell, 34, of Wood-Ridge, was found "emotionally and socially awkward and immature" by a state psychological evaluation.

"It doesn't make it right," Del Russo said. "But we study these cases to learn from them."

Clark also barred Saco from serving in any public capacity in the future. Saco will have to register as a sex offender and be subject to community supervision for life.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:36 AM   #879
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This thread rocks on.

Hey, I was thinking this morning...did any of you have to get hernia checks while you were in 6th-7th grade? I remember every guy in my Middle School had to get them and we dropped our drawers for the School Nurse. I wonder if there's any stories about school nurses out there?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:21 AM   #880
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
This thread rocks on.

Hey, I was thinking this morning...did any of you have to get hernia checks while you were in 6th-7th grade? I remember every guy in my Middle School had to get them and we dropped our drawers for the School Nurse. I wonder if there's any stories about school nurses out there?

Ummm... I've NEVER heard of that... me thinks your school nurse might be joining this thread soon... We had lice checks, scoliosis checks... hmmm... that's about it...

-Chas
Old 08-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #881
Ksyrup

Another Geisel pic:

Old 08-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #882
duckman
Pro Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Another Geisel pic:

Hittable.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:57 AM   #883
SackAttack
Head Coach

http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/ind...171.xml&coll=9

I'd post the full story, but it's split into three pages and they want some personal information that I don't particularly feel like giving them (why help them throw ads at me?).

Long story short: Michigan teacher and 16 year old student carry on month-long affair, which comes to a screeching halt when the family pastor turns her in to the police.

Which begs the question...how did the pastor know?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:32 AM   #884
JeeberD
General Manager

Confession? Or I suppose the non-Catholic version...

Lousy confidentiality breaking bastard...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:41 AM   #885
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Lousy confidentiality breaking bastard...
He is required by law to report to the proper authorities regarding any instances of neglect or abuse that he hears about. I train my leaders that if a kid *EVERY* says "I want to tell you something, but I want you to promise me that you'll never tell anyone," that the proper response is never to make that promise. Instead, I instruct them to say, "I can't always keep that promise. There are some things that I'm not allowed to keep to myself--by law. I *CAN* promise that I'll support you and be there for you no matter what happens if you tell me." That way the kid doesn't feel like trust has been broken.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:40 AM   #886
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Shhhhhhhyeah right. The priest was probably just jealous he didn't get any from the student and Geisel was.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:43 AM   #887
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/ind...171.xml&coll=9

I'd post the full story, but it's split into three pages and they want some personal information that I don't particularly feel like giving them (why help them throw ads at me?).

Long story short: Michigan teacher and 16 year old student carry on month-long affair, which comes to a screeching halt when the family pastor turns her in to the police.

Which begs the question...how did the pastor know?

Not only that, but what the fuck is a 16 year old doing in the eighth grade??? She picked a stupid fucker, he would have blabbed sooner or later.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:44 AM   #888
Raiders Army
Coordinator

good point
Old 08-20-2005, 02:06 PM   #889
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

http://www.theempirejournal.com/0820...WI_Charge.html

Ex-Teacher Geisel Back In Jail On DWI Charge

...........................................................................................................................

The former writing instructor at Christian Brothers Academy, free on bail after being charged with rape earlier this month for allegedly having sex with students, is back In jail after being arrested Friday morning in Albany’s South End for driving while intoxicated.

Sandra “Beth” Geisel, 42, was arrested about 8:30 a.m. Friday by Albany police near Morton Ave. after police said she was driving erratically and then allegedly cut off an Albany County sheriff’s patrol car. Police said they smelled alcohol on her breath when they stopped her car.

Police said her blood alcohol content was at .13. The state limit is at .08.

She pleaded not guilty in Albany Police Court. According to records, this is her second alcohol related arrest in eight months. She has a previous conviction for driving while ability impaired, a violation, in December.

Geisel’s bail was initially set at $7,500 on the DWI charge but a judge later ruled that her arrest violated her release conditions on the rape charge. Her bail was revoked and she was remanded to the Albany County Jail.

Geisel had been charged Aug. 1 with third degree rape and endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly having sex with a 16-year-old CBA student. Police initially found her in a parked car with a 17-year-old male student in June. No criminal charges were filed because 17 is the legal age for consensual sex in New York State. She was fired from her teaching position.

While police were investigating that incident, the 16-year-old told police he’d had sexual relations with her and another 17-year-old also came forward.

Geisel is the mother of four children and has been separated from her husband, a prominent local banker, for about a year. 8-20-05
Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #890
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Thou shall not perish, glorious thread, while there is still breath in my body.

Page 11 it dropped to - for shame boys - for shame.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #891
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
Thou shall not perish, glorious thread, while there is still breath in my body.

Page 11 it dropped to - for shame boys - for shame.

Admit it. You just bumped it for people to rate it (which I gave it a 5 by the way).
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:56 AM   #892
Ksyrup

Female teacher found guilty of luring young students into sex

By Greg Ansley

CANBERRA - Another female teacher faces a prison sentence following the seduction of teenage schoolboys that on one occasion involved group sex with four aged 14 to 16.

Sarah Jayne Vercoe, a 25-year-old married honours graduate, will be sentenced in Tasmania's Supreme Court tomorrow on 11 charges of sexual intercourse with a person under 17 and three of indecent assault.

Vercoe admitted the offences, telling the court in a letter: "I now intend to take responsibility for my actions. I intend to learn from my mistakes, and never repeat my actions.

The Hobart Mercury said the prosecution told Hobart's Supreme Court that Vercoe had become predatory and had initiated sex, initially with a 15-year-old she had sex with at her home while her husband was away.

Further charges followed an incident in which Vercoe took four boys - two aged 16, one 15 and the other 14 - to her home after a basketball game and engaged in sex with them.

Vercoe's conviction follows the jailing in May of former Melbourne teacher Karen Louise Ellis for six months on six counts of sex with a 15-year-old student. An earlier suspended sentence was overturned on appeal.

The original sentence imposed on Ellis raised fury because of suggestions leniency had been granted because her victim was a boy.

Many critics said it was in contrast to tennis coach Gavin Maxwell Hopper's much heavier sentence of 3 1/2 years in the 1980s for sex with a 14-year-old female student.

Last week former teacher Travis Glenn Robertson, 27, was jailed for a minimum of two years for an affair with a 17-year-old student, also involving group sex with a former pupil who was a friend of the teenager.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #893
Ksyrup

Female Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With Student

RELATED PICTURES
Click for larger images.

Michelle Kush, 29
(WCPO/WCPO.com)
A second mug shot
(WCPO/WCPO.com)

Reported by: 9News
Web produced by: Mark Sickmiller
Photographed by: 9News
Last updated: 9/9/2005 5:57:44 PM

A female substitute teacher at Boone County High School is accused of having sex with a teenage student.

Michelle Kush, 29, allegedly had sex with a 15-year-old boy several times in the last three months during summer break.

Right now, Kush, who's from Fort Mitchell, faces two counts of rape and one sodomy count.

But she's expected to face more charges in Kenton County for similar acts and possibly two more charges in Boone County for giving alcohol to minors.

None of the incidents happened on school property, police said.

Police say Kush substitutes at schools throughout Northern Kentucky.

She was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Friday by Boone County Sheriff's investigators. Detectives credit Boone County School officials with reporting the allegations to the sheriff's office as soon as they became aware of the situation.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #894
rkmsuf
Head Coach

There's all kinds of hot stuff going on in Tasmania.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #895
Ksyrup

Teacher charged in molestation case

By MEGAN MEANS of the Tribune’s staff
Published Friday, September 9, 2005

A former Rock Bridge High School special education teacher pleaded not guilty yesterday in Boone County Circuit Court to inappropriately touching a 16-year-old student during summer school.

Burke
Judy Burke, 51, was charged Wednesday with second-degree child molestation, a month after she was arrested at the high school and freed on her own recognizance. The misdemeanor carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

The court set a signature bond of $1,000 for Burke, who previously had been issued a ticket in connection with the allegation. Boone County Assistant Prosecutor Richard Hicks agreed to the release of the 51-year-old Hartsburg resident if she agreed to two conditions. She is not to have any contact with the victim, and she cannot set foot on Columbia Public Schools property without authorization from school district officials.

A 16-year-old student whom authorities have not identified told investigators Burke touched him inappropriately during summer school, according to the probable cause statement filed in court and previous statements from school district officials.

The victim told police that twice during summer school Burke lifted her shirt and showed him her breasts. On a separate occasion at school this summer, the victim said, Burke grabbed his genitals on the outside of his clothes and rubbed her hand up and down. He also said she called him at least 10 times and left inappropriate voice mail messages on his cellular phone.

Hicks said the charges were delayed in part so investigations could be completed. No additional victims have come forward.

The decision to file charges in such cases often "has to do with the willingness of the victim to cooperate, and it has to do with the evidence," Hicks said.

"The nature of these things a lot of times is a ‘he-said, she-said.’ Of course, in this case, consent is not an issue because of the age of the child," he said. "I can’t go outside the probable cause statement, but I was comfortable filing charges."

Columbia attorney Dave Eblen represents Burke. He said the next step is to continue discussions with the prosecution and gather evidence in preparation for a trial, which is likely several months away. He declined further comment.

The school district cooperated with the police investigation and conducted an internal administrative investigation, but officials have declined to comment further, citing confidentiality of personnel matters. Burke severed employment with the school district last week, but neither party will say whether she was fired or resigned. She worked in the district for 14 years.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #896
Ksyrup

It's that time of year again!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:59 AM   #897
rkmsuf
Head Coach

HAR!

sorry, just warming up.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:01 AM   #898
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It's that time of year again!

School's back, and the teachers are naughty.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:01 AM   #899
cuervo72
Head Coach

That last one looks like Zap....
Old 09-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #900
Ksyrup

Teacher jailed for child sex
08/09/2005 12:03 - (SA)

Related Articles
Hearing into 'abusive' teacher
Teacher jailed for sex

Sydney - A female teacher, who admitted sex acts with five of her teenage male students, was jailed for four years by an Australian court on Thursday.

Judge Shan Tennent, passing sentence in the island state of Tasmania, described Sarah Jayne Vercoe, 25, as "predatory" and her crimes as a massive breach of trust.

Vercoe had pleaded guilty to having a two-month sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy whom she met at a peer support camp in Tasmania in late 2004.

The science teacher also engaged in sex acts with four other boys - aged 14, 15 and two aged 16 - whom she took to her home in the Tasmania capital of Hobart one night in April after a basketball game.

She pleaded guilty to 11 charges of sexual intercourse with a person under 17 and three of indecent assault.

Vercoe's defence said her marriage was falling apart at the time, while prosecutors said she preyed on her young charges and initiated sex.

Vercoe would be eligible for parole after two years. The sentence follows the jailing in May of former Melbourne teacher, Karen Louise Ellis, for six months on six counts of sex with a 15-year-old student.