Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
condors
College Starter

American Wrestling Federation (TEW2008 cverse)

Background information

I enjoy starting a game of tew2008 creating my fed and see what happens in the world. I made a user character that is good with the behind the scenes things (annoucer, road agent) although there are people you can get to do those jobs i end up giving my user character a monster push and knowing Jack Avatar is going to win every main event doesn't make for the most intersting of dynasties. I named the avatar Bud Wiser. I am not changing the product(traditional key, low hardcore,comedy and very low cult). The ratio is 70% matches and 30% angles. There are no women wrestling and no heel/face divide and no t&a. Match intensity is 60 and danger is 30. selecting easy level which places me at cult status. I selected easy so i will be at cult level and can get a PPV and TV show which should give the dynasty a little focus (my last tew attempt was at rock hard level and while i eventually got to national i lost the desire to write for the federation).

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
condors
College Starter

The first major decsion to make is promotion pacs, There are up/down sides to doing them. If a tcw/swf fall to cult being able to share their guys can give you a huge boost in ratings which can springboard you to national and overtake them. Building up a guy over a couple years and losing them or having your main event scene raided is rough.

As it stands now in the pecking order

Supreme Wrestling Federation (US Based) international level
Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods (Japan) national level
Total Control Wrestling (US Based) national level
Pride Glory Honor Wrestling (Japan) national level
North of the Border Pro Wrestling (Canada) Cult
Inspire (Japan) Cult
Canadian Golden Combat (Canada) Cult
United States Pro Wrestling (US) Cult
American Wrestling Federation (US) Cult

That puts the AWF #9 in the world but in reality most of our workers probally will not be stolen by Japan based feds.

I have gone to a national sized company using both methods. I like to have cleaner storylines so I am going to offer non aggression pacts to TCW, SWF, NOTBPW, BHOTWG and PGHW. I don't mind my wrestlers working for other companies but i hate a big guy stealing them on a written deal.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
condors
College Starter

I need to hire some workers. The first place i always go is the hidden gems. Listed under there are 5 guys who usually have high destiny stats which means you get them over and they can be stars down the road for you.

1-Darryl Devine is listed #1 and is 24 years old works for uspw and 4c(smaller canda based fed) usually swooped up by SWF
2-Larry Wood 39 year old who can play a great monster heel
3-Samonan Machine 27 year old who i rarely ever get has great brawling and technical skills.
4-Kirk Jameson 21 year old technical type wrestler (i can never have enough of these types of guys)
5-Jack Griffith 32 year old who is a recovered alcoholic. He will get another chance at AWF if he wants.

The next step is to look at the most popular workers for the US that we can bring in.

there are the big 5 i go after
1-Chris Caufield hardcore brawler with great performance skills
2-Eric Tyler decent brawler, technical skills awsome performance and can work the mic but he is a jerk behind the scenes
3-Acid good maked wrestler won indy wrestler of the year i usually miss out on the top 2 but I have had successfull federations with Acid as my Champion. Can cause backstage issues.
4-Shawn Gonzalez he is serviceable as a main eventer but he usually harder for me to get over than Acid will be chasing the title if he signs with us.
5-Henry Lee. He is the icon of insanity. He is popular and can work the mic but can't wrestle. Often overlooked in other diaries i swear by his ability to get over wrestlers over.

I add a few guys to my shortlist. Phil Vibert and Nemesis if i get to national i will be calling them the day after if they are still in the buisness.

I make an offter to Vita a female manager for face types and Playboy Jake Sawyer to form a monster stable.

I make offers to Grease Hogg and Lead Belly who are a tag team with the Biker type gimmick.

I also put in offers for some other guys but will talk about then when/if i get them

For Referees i go after Jez McArthur who is the best but has an attitude and Chad Brent who isn't that good but doesn't have an atitude kinda my ref in training.

I start negotiations with PPV-4-U company they are medium sized but i know the bigger companies will want all the money in the deal.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

I now have non aggresive pacts with

SWF, TCW, NOTBPW, PGHW, Inspire, and BHTWG companies.

TCW and SWF both had shows last night getting a B- and C+ if they keep that up, they will fall to cult and i will regret the non aggressive pacts.

I don't get Eric Tyler or Chris caufield (i honestly didn't expect to)
I also miss out on Hell Monkey and Samoan Machine.
Darryl Devine and Jacob Jett also decide for greener pastures.

I am going to try out a friday night weekly PPV and see how that goes for now.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
condors
College Starter

we have a couple offers out there for some beat up guys and we are also have an offer for Gargantuan who could be an awsome monster heel but has no wrestling ability and causes problems backstage.

Main Eventers:

Henry Lee 38 years old will be transfering overness to other guys will be wrestling alot hopefully can improve enough to help in that area.

Acid 30 years old probally my favorite on the roster right now will be in playboy jake sawyer stable as the world title picture guy can't work the mic right now

Shawn Gonzalez 36 years old will be in world title hunt. i have not had the success with him as i expected in the past hopefully things go well in this dynasty.

There is a drop off from those 3

Alex Braun 46 years old ice man gimmick he is good with the mic and has decent performance skills needs to improve in brawling/technical skills and at his age i don't think that is going to happen.

Grandmast Phunk 40 years old and can work the mic using a pimp gimmick. I like his character. Needs to improve if going to get a long title run.

Steve Flash 41 years old and a great all around wrestler with no charima. Is a locker room leader and will be employed by my company as long as he wants. I am a Steve Flash mark.

JD Morgan 39 years old. Good Technical worker but no mic skills. Works great as a jobber to your stars as he can usually put on good matches.

Madman Boone 31 years old good guy backstage but he is a hardcore wrestler and will probally not be able to deliver ratings wise. Will be a jobber to the stars to start off.

Vin Tanner 40 years old brawler type with good performance skills will be a jobber to the stars.

Jungle Jack 32 year old brawler that i love. I am very happy to have him and hopefully will become a future champ usually can deliver in the ratings department.

those 10 guys right now are the guys who i should be featuring the most.

Steve Grayson 27 year old flyer type who will be a jobber to the stars may get involved with tag team not sure yet.

Jack Griffith 32 year old who could have great things in front of him if they were right about hidden gem.

Fumihiro Ota good flyer and technical wrestler 33 years old, I like him so he will be around a while.

The Big Problem 26 year old who will be getting a monster push as he is a monster gimmick. How well it takes can be a little hit or miss.

Paul Steadyfast 32 year old hired gun gimmick is good to make other guys look good.

Champagene Lover 26 year old mexican star. Hopefully can keep him around a long time. He is the most talented guy on the roster. It is my job to make him a mega star.

Larry Wood 39 year old monster heel much more talented than the big problem could be champ if his body allows him to

Mean Jean Cattley he is kinda like JD Morgan good wrestler but not sure he can be the man nationally he is the booker and best wrestler for Mid Atlantic Wrestling.

Frankie Perez 23 years old an internet favorite think CM Punk. Stiff and intense could be very big someday.

Ernie Turner 33 years old. Is not that good a wrestler but is here because he can work the mic.

James Hernandez 21 year old who can work the mic will be putting into a stable of young guys

Kirk Jameson 21 years old who i need to get the world to care about. He is a young guy and the type of wrestler i enjoy. Hopefully "the marksman" will become a household name.

Davis Wayne Newton 20 years old. Probally 2nd most talented guy on the roster. I need to get him over enough to get into the main event scene. DWN vs Champage Lover may be the best future fued i have.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
condors
College Starter

I check out the creative meeting information to get work on a plan for the direction of the company.

right now under franchise players
1-Grandmaster Phunk
2-Shawn Gonzalez
3-Acid
4-Henry Lee
5-Alex Braun

its a combination of popularity star presence and charisma

Next Big Things:
1-Champagne Lover
2-Steve Grayson
3-Kirk Jameson

It is not uncomman to have nobody here. Champagne Lover is pretty much fastracked to the main event scene although Jameson should get there it may take him a little while. Steve Grayson that is a challenge for me. I see him as the guy in the tag team that is holding down his partner. He has two former partners that are main eventers in other promotions while he was let go. Having a guy under next big things changes my booking and will rework what i had planned for Grayson to see if he can reach some of that potential.

Hot Prospects
1-champagne Lover
2-Steve Grayson
3-Kirk Jameson
4-The Big Problem
5- Lead Belly

Happy to see The Big Problem on the list as i have major plans for him Lead Belly well he should be kicking some butt on the tag team scene.

Show Stoppers (combination of things charisma, Psychology, selling and flashiness)

1-Champagne Lover
2-Davis Wayne Newton
3-Acid
4-Jungle Jack
5-Fumihiro Ota

I mark for these guys and usually they are the guys who deliver match ratings

Ring Generals (basicas, psychology and consistantcy these are the guys you want to put with the no talent monster to carry them to a good match)

1-Steve Flash
2-Acid
3-Shawn Gonzalez
4-Champagne Lover
5-JD Morgan

Time Decline
1-Alex Braun is in terminal decline (means he can retire at any time)
2-Shawn Gonzalez is 3 or 4 years past his best (he could still go awhile)
3-Steve Flash is 3 or 4 years past his best
4-Jungle Jack is 3 or 4 years past his best
5-Jack Griffith is not noticable yet but past his prime
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 AM   #7
condors
College Starter

If anyone is reading and has any suggestions or things you want to see feel free to post/pm me if its a spoiler type for a future card.

There are 11 areas in the US if your a big company that can have house shows you can hold just 1 monthly kick butt show and test stuff at a small show in one region and not hurt yourself too much (like building up tag team experience). I am going to try to have 3 shows a week and see how the guys hold up and try to build some tag team experince in the process.

I want to try to get to national asap because i love having a child promotion, written contracts, house shows, able to bring foregin workers and such.

Storylines
Henry Lee and The Big Problem
Shawn Gonzalez and Larry Wood
Acid and Champagne Lover

I am using unchained storylines for right now.
I have found the interview, the monster unleashed, along with the Face Off angle to be the backbone of my shows. Hopefully you won't find the repeatative nature too boring until i have some wiggle room.

Our first show is in the Great Lakes region at the Wisconsin Gardens. Our Goal is to try to get Acid, Shawn Gonzales and Henry Lee to B- popularity
and to try to find some tag team chemistry without killing the overal grade too much. It is our weekly PPV Friday Night Fights.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:01 AM   #8
condors
College Starter

Henry Lee over Steve Flash C-
Davis Wayne Newton Interview C
Bikers Inc(Grease Hogg and Lead Belly) won the AWF tag team title over Ernie Turner and Frankie Perez D
Big Problem looks menacing B+
Grandmaster Phunk over Kirk Jameson D
Steve Flash interview C
Vin Tanner over Jack Griffith D+
Acid interview C+
Shawn Gonzalez over Jungle Jack C+
Larry Wood Goes on a rampage B
Acid over Champagne Lover C+
Acid and Shawn Gonzalez stare down B-

Final Grade C+

no road agent comments but i was hoping for better. I need to build more stars. Those D rated matches won't get it done.

Last edited by condors : 09-20-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
condors
College Starter

AWF:Feburary PPV held in Great Lakes region

Ace Youngblood over Davis Wayne Newton D-
Kirk Jameson over Bob Casey E+
Acid and Champagne Lover angle B+
Henry Lee over Madman Boone D
Champagne Lover over Frankie Perez C- (finally a match that doesn't suck)
Larry Wood attacks Shawn Gonzalez B
Steve Flash over Paul Steadyfast C
The Big Problem attacks Henery Lee B+
Acid over Fumihiro Ota B-
Mad Brawl between Grandmaster Phunk and Alex Braun B
Shawn Gonzalez over Alex Braun for the AWF Championship B-

Overall Grade B-

I am going to push Youngblood, Jameson and Lover and try to including other lesserlights as support guys in angles and try to improve the bottom of the card. My tag team tour isn't ready for prime time and i cancelled it due to horrible ratings.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #10
condors
College Starter

March 2008 Week 1 starts our tv show AWF:Monday Mayham

Henry Lee over The Big Problem D+
Manager Vita hypes her clients Ace Youngblood and Kirk Jameson D-
Kirk Jameson over Gargantuan E+
The Big Problem attacks Henry Lee A
Ace Youngblood over Davis Wayne Newton D-
Champagne Lover and Acid brawl B+
Champagne Lover over Bob Casey D-
Larry Wood attacks Shawn Gonzalez A
Acid over Mainstream Hernandez C
Alex Braun and Grandmaster Phunk brawl B-
Shawn Gonzalez over Larry Wood B-

Overall B-

got a 0.65 rating on the Arcadia network
angles work our matches need work...keep on building
Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
condors
College Starter

decieded to bring in a some fresh blood to basically job and see what goes from there

American Elemental he could be jobbing to the stars very soon have high hopes for him

Ted Brady bitter vet that used to wear a monkey suit to the ring has good performance skills,

Nomad, Mark Smart and K-Squared 3 young guys who could be something down the road right now will be jobbers and see how it goes.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #12
condors
College Starter

when putting together a card i normally work from the main event backwards.
Shawn Gonzalez is the current champ so i book his match as the main event. Acid i feel can relied on to give the next best rating so its the second to last match if not in the main event. Henry Lee is the first match his popularity is higher than anyone else (it has gone from C+ to A already) although he may not be best there it is my usual spot for him.

We head to the southwest for our tv show March week 2 the sold out Grissom Auditorium (2000 people)

Henry Lee over Jack Griffith C
Henry Lee destroys the spanish annoucer table A
Grandmaster Phunk over Frankie Perez D+
Acid attacks Champagne Lover backstage B+
Steve Flash over Bob Casey D
Shawn Gonzalez is attacked by Larry Wood B+
JD Morgan over Ernie Turner D-
Alex Braun interview B-
Acid over Mainstream Hernandez B-
Shawn Gonzalez over Larry Wood B

overall rating B

If we can keep getting B or better we will hit national pretty quickly but I don't think the roster is strong enough(yet) to keep putting those kind of ratings up.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #13
condors
College Starter

WLW and USPW are using some of my workers now

AWF:Monday Mayham March week 3 2008

Henry Lee over Ted Brady C-
Alex Braun interview B
Alex Braun over Gargantuan E
Angle JD Morgan and Steve Flash brawl backstage B+
JD Morgan over American Elemental D+
Acid starts an interview and is interupted by Champagne Lover A
Steve Flash over Mark Smart D+
Henry Lee interview A
Acid over Kirk Jameson B-
Shawn Gonzalez is attacked by Larry Wood B+
Shawn Gonzalez over Ace Youngblood B-

Overall B-

so far so good
Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #14
condors
College Starter

AWF:March PPV sold out 5000 people in Presidents Hall

Henry Lee over Vin Tanner C-
Vita hypes her clients Ace Youngblood and Kirk Jameson C+
Grandmaster Phunk over Bob Casey D+
Steve Flash gives a wrestling tutorial B-
JD Morgan over American Elemental C-
Alex Braun interview B-
Steve Flash over Davis Wayne Newton C-
Acid attacks Champagne Lover backstage B+
Alex Braun over Stevie Grayson C
Acid over Mean Jean Cattley B-
Larry Wood attacks Shawn Gonzalez A*
Shawn Gonzalez over Paul Steadyfast B retains AWF World Title

Overall Grade B
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #15
chesapeake
College Starter

You got a C out of Stevie Grayson? That chump is always a disappointment in my feds. But I still hire him because he is cheap and available. I always consider letting his contract expire a sign of making it.

With whom did Gargantuan get into his first backstage scuffle?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #16
condors
College Starter

Thanks for reading chesapeake

right now Acid and Shawn Gonzalez are the ones causing trouble. I am hoping Gargantuan starts with somebody so i can fire him and get some loyalty then i will probally hire another bad apple and repeat.

Most of my angles i use support people who are "not rated" this helps build their momentum. I try to have people with the highest momentum on the shows it helps with the grades. Grayson was listed as a "next big thing" when i first hired him so i think he has a high destiny stat but i am almost always dissapointed with him so i am not sure he will get a proper push that he may deserve(although now i will try to set something up for him).

Popularity wise we are ahead of USPW but they are ahead in prestige hopefully i can overtake them soon (they are putting on D+/C- shows). Not sure how far i have to go to be first choice over WLW though.

I used to write down 6 months of matches/angles in advance and pretty much ignore momentum. Now i am trying to book based on momentum and it seems to help popularity(will do a quaterly report as i am shocked at some of the popularity gains) even if it feels like i am going by the seat of my pants. I still tend to keep things as planned on the PPV and throw the other stuff in on the TV show.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #17
condors
College Starter

AWF:Monday Mayham March week 4 2008 Perry Hall attendance 2000

JD Morgan over Mainstream Hernandez C-
Steve Flash is attacked backstage by Fumihiro Ota B
Henry Lee over Ted Brady C-
Alex Braun is laid out by Gargantuan B
Champagne Lover over Nomad D+
Champagne Lover calls out Acid A
Steve Flash over K-Squared C-
The Big Problem lays out Henry Lee A
Acid over Ace Youngblood C-
Larry Wood attacks Shawn Gonzalez A
Shawn Gonzalez over Kirk Jameson B-

Overall grade B-

Acid and Ace Youngblood have poor chemistry but still managed a decent grade off the main event.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:39 AM   #18
condors
College Starter

AWF:Monday Mayham from Sunrise Sunset attendance 1864

Henry Lee over Madman Boone C
Steve Flash hype B+
Ace Youngblood over K-Squared E
Alex Braun interview B
Kirk Jameson over Davis Wayne Newton D-
Champagne Lover runs down Acid B+
Champagne Lover over Mark Smart D
Henry Lee is attacked by the Big Problem A
Acid over Fumihiro Ota B-
Shawn Gonzalez is attacked by Larry Wood A
Shawn Gonzalez over Stevie Grayson B-

Overall Grade: B-

Our 4 least over workers are Davis Wayne Newton, Nomad, Mark Smart and K-Squared. I used 3 of them as jobbers in the middle matches and it didn't hurt the grade much. Hopefully i can get everyone over enough that it won't hurt too bad.

Our 3 main guys we have been giving the moon push

Henry Lee he has been huge in helping over guys get over after a couple interviews he went from C+ to B- in popularity and has gone up to A across the board in the us now.

Acid this guy delivers in ratings his popularity has gone from C+ to B+ and is also a good all around wrestler is being managed by Playboy Jake Sawyer to help him in the entertainment rated angles.

Shawn Gonzalez is our champion. He is the head booker of FCW promotion so he can't get stolen from us. His popularity ranges from B+ to A* but mostly A. His skills have improved some and has delivered for us in having good enough matches to raise our popularity.

Steve Flash and JD Morgan are probally the next two guys inline they can wrestle but need help on the mic.

Alex Braun and Grandmaster Phunk are as good in matches but can deliver in interviews.

Larry Wood and The Big Problem use their menace to bring in good angles. Larry Wood can actually wrestle a decent match while The Big Problem still needs work.

Jungle Jack and Champagne Lover are guys who i want to see involved in the main event and while have gotten more popular they are not there yet.

Ace Youngblood who i have been pushing has gone up from E- to D in most places popularity wise and he has made improvements wrestling wise he still has a long way to go before he is a next big thing.

Kirk Jameson has gone from E- to D- popularity wise and has decent skills he still needs help.

Bikers Inc (Grease Hogg and Lead Belly have been pretty dormat. I made two new tag teams, Kmart Special Mark Smart and K-Squared and Candian Cripplers Davis Wayne Newton and Nomad will see if we can get some tag matches going)
Old 10-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
condors
College Starter

Monday Mayham April week 2 2008

Henry Lee over Fumihiro Ota C+
Steve Flash promo B
Bikers Inc over the Candian Cripplers D+
Alex Braun interview B
Ace Youngblood and Kirk Jameson over Kmart Special E+
Champagne Lover dresses down Acid A
Champagne Lover over Frankie Perez C-
Henry Lee interview A
Acid over Stevie Grayson B-
Shawn Gonzalez over Paul Steadyfast B

Overall Rating B

If we can keep it up we should be able to hit national
Old 10-29-2009, 07:38 AM   #20
condors
College Starter

AWF:Monday Mayham Week 3 April 2008

Steve Flash hype A
Henry Lee over Paul Steadyfast C-
Alex Braun interview B-
Steve Flash over Jack Griffith C+
Acid and Champange Lover staredown A
Bikers inc over Candian Cripplers and Ace Youngblood and Kirk Jameson D+
Acid over Champagne Lover B-
Shawn Gonzalez over Jungle Jack B

overall Rating B
Old 10-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #21
condors
College Starter

April PPV 2008 Mid West attendance 8,597 buyrate 0.34

Henry Lee over Jungle Jack C-
Steve Flash promo B-
Ace Youngblood and Kirk Jameson over Ted Brady and Bob Casey D
Alex Braun interview B
Bikers Inc over Candian Cripplers C-
Henry Lee interview A
Champagne Lover over Ernie Turner D+
Alex Braun over American Elemental C
Acid promo A
Madman Boone over Grandmaster Phunk C-
Acid over Steve Flash B
Shawn Gonzalez over JD Morgan retains AWF Title B

Show Rating B

I can make the case that the last two matches are the best wrestling we currently have to offer and still only got a B. Will keep at it though. I am in get to national mode as i don't want to lose my stars by not being big enough when the contracts come up. Problem is the guys who signed 9 month deals will want more money and we are already losing money. It is not alot but i may have to recycle the bottom of the roster or something. Will put more thought into it and try to gain as much popularity as i can.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #22
condors
College Starter

Monday Mayham April 2008 week 4

Henry Lee over American Elemental C
Steve Flash promo B
Bikers Inc defend tag titles vs candian cripplers and kmart special
Alex Braun interview B
Ace Youngblood over Ted Brady E+
Henry Lee interview A
Kirk Jameson over Bob Casey D-
Acid over Vin Tanner B-
Shawn Gonzalez over Mean Jean Cattley B

overal rating B

Its not too bad, Ace Youngblood and Kirk Jameson are not ready for prime time

Last edited by condors : 11-02-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #23
condors
College Starter

AWF:Monday Mayham May week 1 2008

Henry Lee wins a battle royal C
Henry Lee over the Big Problem D+
Champagne Lover interview B+
Bikers Inc over Candian Cripplers to retain tag titles D
Alex Braun interview B
JD Morgan over James Hernandez C
Acid promo A