Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Smile OOTP 9 - Newsletter about historical features

Hey guys,

we have released a newsletter describing the new historical features of OOTP 9. Please have a look:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0041/

Missing in this are the follwing brand new features:
- An option to double the effect of the current season stats when recalculating ratings. That will result in better AI movements.
- An option to have the AI select player roles based on real life stats instead of the player evaluation algorythm. That will result in lineups & pitching roles that match the ones used in real life
. Increased speed of importing leagues when the 'import complete history' option is selected

Cheers,
Markus

PS: Did I mention that you should preorder the game?

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Read the newsletter yesterday. Sounds pretty good. Question about the ballpark effects - does this mean that if we don't use the neutralized stats with the ballpark-specific ratings, the simmed stats will come out screwy? In other words, take Larry Walker's real-life (non-neutralized) stats in Colorado, and add in the ballpark effects, and you'd end up with ridiculous numbers, as opposed to using Walker's park-neutralized stats and adding the Colorado ballpark factor?

Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm trying to get a handle on how big of a deal neutralizing the stats will be with th new ballpark factors. If we want realistic stats, should be always neutralize when using historic player with the ballpark effects?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Read the newsletter yesterday. Sounds pretty good. Question about the ballpark effects - does this mean that if we don't use the neutralized stats with the ballpark-specific ratings, the simmed stats will come out screwy? In other words, take Larry Walker's real-life (non-neutralized) stats in Colorado, and add in the ballpark effects, and you'd end up with ridiculous numbers, as opposed to using Walker's park-neutralized stats and adding the Colorado ballpark factor?

Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm trying to get a handle on how big of a deal neutralizing the stats will be with th new ballpark factors. If we want realistic stats, should be always neutralize when using historic player with the ballpark effects?

The game will park-adjust the ratings if you do not use neutralized stats, the results will be fine, but not as 100% accurate as the neutralized stats.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote