Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Hello new baseball sims forum.

Not a bad thing at all to me. I liked it for soccer sims, I like it for baseball now as well.

Can't wait to get my hands on a new baseball sim now.

Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
spleen1015
Coordinator

Pfft.

I liked being able to see everything I am interested in all in 1 forum.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Pfft.

Some guys are so anti-mouse clicking.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'm with spleen.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Doesn't bother me, but on the other hand, I'm not sure we REALLY need this when for most games - when they are released - there is one master thread where virtually all impressions/critiques, etc., are posted. So it's not like there will be too much clutter in the OT forum when OOTP9 is released, for instance.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I agree about clutter not being an issue. My HOPE is that this will make people feel more free to post more content, little questions, mods, etc. We've definitely seen an increase in overall FOF content in the FOF2K7 forum, so I'm hoping for the same here. However, if we get a few weeks past the OOTP and PureSim releases and all we end up with is just a place to store "Alright Boyz..." threads, I'll mass-move all of these threads to GD and consider this a failed experiment. If this doesn't work for baseball, where there are three legit games out there, it won't work for anything.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

OMG, Front Office Baseball is on the way?!?!?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
I agree about clutter not being an issue. My HOPE is that this will make people feel more free to post more content, little questions, mods, etc. We've definitely seen an increase in overall FOF content in the FOF2K7 forum, so I'm hoping for the same here. However, if we get a few weeks past the OOTP and PureSim releases and all we end up with is just a place to store "Alright Boyz..." threads, I'll mass-move all of these threads to GD and consider this a failed experiment. If this doesn't work for baseball, where there are three legit games out there, it won't work for anything.

No kidding there. A lot of the posters in there seem to be here only for that forum. It has changed my mind about having it completely around.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
Icy
Pro Starter

I'll be posting DDS:BB news here as i do in the WS forum, to get suggestions etc.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #10
daedalus
Pro Rookie

i think it will be a positive to have a forum for footie sim as well as baseball sim. while it's true that, in the past, all the posts seems to be collected into those massive impression threads, it would be nice if they were not. after awhile, it gets to be darn near impossible to find information in those threads. perhaps with an actual forum dedicated to them, those information will be more spread out and easier to find. and hopefully, as ben said, it will encourage additional content.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote