Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2022, 03:56 PM   #1
korme
Go Reds

I'm With Stupid, IWS #253

The Rules

The rules are the same as previous FOFC “I’m With Stupid" Contests, as set forth by the game's deeply beloved progenitors. There is no doubt about this. They are the best.

The object of this contest is to answer the questions posted, and to provide the most common answer among those submitted. For each question, your score will be equal to the number of people who submitted that response. Your score for the contest will be the product of your individual question scores. For the mathematically challenged, product means they are multiplied together, not added. Highest score wins.

Collaboration of any kind is strictly forbidden. No posting your answers to this board, nor sharing them by e-mail or in any other way with other potential contestants. There are no prizes other than everlasting glory and total consciousness on your deathbed, so the need to cheat shouldn't be an issue.

All determinations of "matches" and anything else requiring even the most trivial degree of judgment fall to that of the sole administrator of this round of the game. You can reduce the need for doubt and judgment by properly spelling your submissions, being clear, and that sort of thing. My decisions are final and utterly inarguable, no exceptions. I, and I alone, can determine what is right.

Any references that are unclear to you, due to language or geography, should be understood to be authored from the perspective of an English-speaking American. However...

Your answers do not necessarily have to be correct in order to score points. If I ask "Who is the greatest American rock band of all-time?" and you and seven others respond with "Aerosmith" you each get 8 points even though it's clearly The Beach Boys.

Hall of Heroes

Spoiler

^
Did some cleaning up to the Hall of Heroes. lighthousekeeper is now correctly spelled, Butter_of_69 changed to Butter. Added 3 missing IWS champions (hoopsguy #248, Quiksand #223 (incorrectly labeled 224), Sublime 2 #160 (incorrectly labeled 161), . Turns out IWS #74 is like the 13th floor in a hotel. It doesn't exist.

Finally had some time to give this the appropriate attention. I decided to mix it up with a little dabble of multiple sports, and we’ll finish it off with a little topical action at the end. Fairly simple questions, let’s see how it goes.

1. The Celtics (17), Lakers (17), Warriors (6), Bulls (6), and Spurs (5) are the best collection of franchises in the NBA according to championships. Name another franchise that has won at least two NBA championships.

2. With the conceit that Michael Jordan and LeBron James, in some order, are considered the two best players of all time… who is the 3rd best NBA player ever?

3. Name an NFL team that has *NEVER* won a Super Bowl.

4. Name a Quarterback not named Tom Brady or Joe Montana with multiple championships.

5. Name a current golfer on the PGA tour not named Phil Mickelson or Tiger Woods.

6. Give me a reasonable price for a gallon of gas (US currency).

Submissions are due by 3 PM EST Friday, June 17. Send your responses via PM in this forum to me, with IWS 253 in the title.

Last edited by korme : 06-10-2022 at 07:50 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
korme
Go Reds

Leaderboard at a glance...
Code:
Name Wins 1. QuikSand 25 2. panerd 10 3. albionmoonlight 8 3. JeeberD 8 3. Karlifornia 8 6. Butter 7 6. Digamma 7 6. Maple Leafs 7 6. Pyser 7 6. Sublime 2 7 6. TRO 7 12. sterlingice 6 12. Tredwel 6 12. Vince 6 15. britrock88 5 15. Masked 5 15. Msf518 5

Last edited by korme : 06-10-2022 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-11-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Did some cleaning up to the Hall of Heroes. lighthousekeeper is now correctly spelled, Butter_of_69 changed to Butter. Added 3 missing IWS champions (hoopsguy #248, Quiksand #223 (incorrectly labeled 224), Sublime 2 #160 (incorrectly labeled 161), . Turns out IWS #74 is like the 13th floor in a hotel. It doesn't exist.

Excellent work!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #4
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

6th place sent.
Old 06-11-2022, 05:08 PM   #5
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

QS is the New England Patriots of IWS.
Old 06-12-2022, 02:34 AM   #6
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
QS is the New England Patriots of IWS.
That's way too generous towards the Patriots.
MIJB#19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:00 PM   #7
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I was going to say the Bayern Munich of IWS, but this is a US-centric board.
Old 06-12-2022, 05:38 PM   #8
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I was going to say the Bayern Munich of IWS, but this is a US-centric board.
Now that would be a bit too much credit for QS though.
MIJB#19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:36 AM   #9
korme
Go Reds

Mid-week bump. Can anyone de-throne [redacted]?
Old 06-17-2022, 09:13 AM   #10
korme
Go Reds

14 entrants so far, with 5~ hours to go!
Old 06-17-2022, 11:23 AM   #11
britrock88
Pro Starter

tens
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote