Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #551
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah - it's definately a morale-type thing.

But if you want to RP you can type your own answers out.

Which I have yet to fully take advantage of.

"Paul Brown has had a dreadful run of late. How do you think he'll respond?"

"He'll be determined to prove his critics wrong." + "...If he can pull his head out of his butt long enough to recognize which color of jersey his teammates are wearing...which I doubt!"

Last edited by Bobble : 11-11-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #552
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

do you think we're likely to see touchline shouts for individual players in FM 2011?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #553
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Last question first - I created new competitions to get rid of the drafting and trading to make it more european in nature with promotions, etc .

As for the $8,000 per week limit, that seems to be a hard-coded rule for the United States that cannot be changed. Even if you create new nation rules, if the nation = USA, the teams will be forced to use that salary cap.

That is one of the reasons I put the PLA in Switzerland. The teams are still based in the US, still get US regens, but the league itself is Swiss so there is no cap.

ok thanks for that...for your PLA in Switerland, teams qualify for UEFA competitions?
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #554
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip View Post
ok thanks for that...for your PLA in Switerland, teams qualify for UEFA competitions?
Yep - that was goal 1a.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #555
watravaler
High School JV

Anyone have a link for Toddzilla's PLA? I see the site he posted is asking for $20 before I can download the file.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #556
path12
Coordinator

It irritates me that I need to hit the space bar twice after a match to continue.....and it seems that has been the case for like forever. Why is that?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #557
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

FREE links to my FM10 files:

Download eurostyleMLS.xml
Download promotionMLS.xml
Download PLA12 p.xml

Last edited by Toddzilla : 11-11-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #558
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
It irritates me that I need to hit the space bar twice after a match to continue.....and it seems that has been the case for like forever. Why is that?

i wonder this too
Old 11-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #559
Qrusher14242
High School JV

so no touchline shouts for 2d? that sucks, i dont use 3d
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #560
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
so no touchline shouts for 2d? that sucks, i dont use 3d

Touchline shouts are there in 2D, assuming you mean the ability to change styles on the fly and the more specific directions like "pump ball into box"
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #561
Mota
College Benchwarmer

According to the Sigames.com website they've said that the PSN download version of FM10 for North America is pushed back, and will be coming out before Xmas, but they don't know exactly when.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #562
SackAttack
Head Coach

Am I missing something in this image? Anybody know why the disconnect between the circled numbers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chevanton.jpg (163.2 KB, 292 views)
Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #563
whomario
Pro Starter

the one up right only shows stats from the last 20 games. And seeing as he has 17 and missed 4 you are at least 21 (cup and league) games into the season in that 20 game span there iīm going to guess he scored 1 of his goals a game or two before the current counting.

Just got the game, now only 8 more hours at work before i can plug it in

Still not sure where to start ...

1) England, propably Coca Cola League 1
2) Norway (bottom dweller of 1st league)
3) somewhere in the Ukraine
4) or starting with a top club in Italy, maybe AC Milan (rebuild nescessary) or Juventus

Last edited by whomario : 11-12-2009 at 04:11 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:50 AM   #564
whomario
Pro Starter

just did some reading on the SI board and have a question that also arose when playing the demo (but i just chalked it up under "itīs the demo") : If i would start in Coca Cola League 2 in England, can i only scout players in England ? Or in Norway only from Norway at the beginning ?

Last edited by whomario : 11-12-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #565
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Finally got the game yesterday in the mail. I played it most of yesterday. It's going to take a bit of getting used to considering my last version was 2008. I really like the 3D match as it allows for a better visual understanding of what happens in certain situations. Not real crazy about the pre/post interviews after EVERY match with no way to skip some of the more mundane ones. I do like the better interface with coaches in the backroom. Feels like I don't have to do quite as much on my own anymore. Like the touchline shouts. Overall, pretty good stuff.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #566
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
the one up right only shows stats from the last 20 games. And seeing as he has 17 and missed 4 you are at least 21 (cup and league) games into the season in that 20 game span there iīm going to guess he scored 1 of his goals a game or two before the current counting.

Just got the game, now only 8 more hours at work before i can plug it in

Still not sure where to start ...

1) England, propably Coca Cola League 1
2) Norway (bottom dweller of 1st league)
3) somewhere in the Ukraine
4) or starting with a top club in Italy, maybe AC Milan (rebuild nescessary) or Juventus

I'd advocate for Juve, but that's because I'm having a ball in my Juve game returning them to the top of Italian football (and this year hopefully i can win a treble...i've been busted out of the Italian Cup and the CL the last 2 seasons)
Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #567
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
just did some reading on the SI board and have a question that also arose when playing the demo (but i just chalked it up under "itīs the demo") : If i would start in Coca Cola League 2 in England, can i only scout players in England ? Or in Norway only from Norway at the beginning ?

Which countries you can scout depends on what your board is willing to finance; if you start in League Two, then yeah, you're probably going to be stuck with just the British countries.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #568
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katon View Post
Which countries you can scout depends on what your board is willing to finance; if you start in League Two, then yeah, you're probably going to be stuck with just the British countries.

damn, can you tell that i havenīt started with a lower league club in years or what ?

Thatīs why i would really love to go that route to start it off. Although iīm undecided weather to start with a lower league club in England or a first division club in a country like Norway or Ukraine.

Propably Norway...

@ daddytorgo : Point taken Yeah, iīd kinda love to make an impact on a team like Juve with all the aging stars needing replacement in a few years thatīd be a nice challenge.

Last edited by whomario : 11-12-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #569
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
damn, can you tell that i havenīt started with a lower league club in years or what ?

Thatīs why i would really love to go that route to start it off. Although iīm undecided weather to start with a lower league club in England or a first division club in a country like Norway or Ukraine.

Propably Norway...

@ daddytorgo : Point taken Yeah, iīd kinda love to make an impact on a team like Juve with all the aging stars needing replacement in a few years thatīd be a nice challenge.

there's a nice base of youth coming up too - Diego isn't ancient and you've got Ekdal coming up, you can get Criscito back, you've got Marchisio, De Ceglie, Paolucci, Palladino.

There's definately pieces that need addressing though, so it's a nice mix. I'm more of a "youth first" kinda guy so I've already (in 2012) got like 3 20 year old "future first teamers" out on loan to affiliated clubs this year and i spent to buy a 25 y/o striker to pair with one of them (paolucci will have to be 3rd best striker). My midfield is going to be a bit crowded though unless I cut ties with like Diego + Melo. And I haven't really found a young DMC that I like yet (although Marchisio does okay there).
Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #570
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Norway's fun too though - I just accepted an offer to manage the Norwegian national team, so that should be a nice challenge.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #571
watravaler
High School JV

Thanks for posting the links Todd, downloading now. I'm hoping to become addicted to this game, as it hasn't happened since 2002's Fast Break College Basketball.

EDIT and Off-Topic: I'm still praying that Brian is spending a few minutes each day working on a new version of FBB and FBCB. Best text sims ever, imo, with FOF not far behind. I've probably played 10,000 seasons combined using the FBB franchise. If not, no problem Brian, those games will stand the test of time.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #572
watravaler
High School JV

Finally downloaded the game, the PLA set-up file from ToddZilla. I purchased the game through STEAM and I am using a PC/Windows XP.

One problem, how do I/where do I put the .xls file?

There doesn't seem to be a FM10 folder. And I can't find it under SportsInteractive either. Is it under STEAM somewhere? Damn I hate STEAM! Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me/tell me where to put the .xls file....

EDIT: I think I found the FM10 folder, but I still have no clue where to put the .xls file.

Last edited by watravaler : 11-12-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #573
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Answered a couple pages back:

documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data
Old 11-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #574
watravaler
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Answered a couple pages back:

documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data

Thanks Fozzie...

Last edited by watravaler : 11-12-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #575
Qrusher14242
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Touchline shouts are there in 2D, assuming you mean the ability to change styles on the fly and the more specific directions like "pump ball into box"

oh maybe its cause im using the sliders still. I guess you dont get touchline shouts with sliders. I downloaded this China creation tactic and have been winning a lot, but it was made with the sliders.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #576
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
oh maybe its cause im using the sliders still. I guess you dont get touchline shouts with sliders. I downloaded this China creation tactic and have been winning a lot, but it was made with the sliders.

No, I don't think that's true.

I don't understand the sliders well enough to tinker much with them, but they are accessible in pre-match, and I still have access to the shouts when I play.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #577
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
No, I don't think that's true.

I don't understand the sliders well enough to tinker much with them, but they are accessible in pre-match, and I still have access to the shouts when I play.

Has he converted his tactic to a Classic tactic? I believe Touchline Shouts are not available w/Classic Tactics..
Old 11-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #578
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Finally got the game yesterday in the mail. I played it most of yesterday. It's going to take a bit of getting used to considering my last version was 2008. I really like the 3D match as it allows for a better visual understanding of what happens in certain situations. Not real crazy about the pre/post interviews after EVERY match with no way to skip some of the more mundane ones. I do like the better interface with coaches in the backroom. Feels like I don't have to do quite as much on my own anymore. Like the touchline shouts. Overall, pretty good stuff.

You can send your assistant.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #579
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah, that's got to be it. He just had another match with two goals, but the "20 possible" hasn't changed.

So it's showing his overall match performance in the last 20 matches in the upper right, where down below is focused on a more specific breakdown.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #580
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
You can send your assistant.

I understand. My point was that there should be an option to send assistant to all news conferences, much like you send him to manage the friendlies in the options.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #581
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I understand. My point was that there should be an option to send assistant to all news conferences, much like you send him to manage the friendlies in the options.

There is, under your team -> team settings -> first option "responsible for attending press conferences"
Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #582
Axxon
Pro Starter

dola, another way to find it is go where you set the am to do friendlies and look at the option just above it.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #583
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Just don't do it if your Assistant is Nils Arne Eggen
Old 11-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #584
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Assistants handle the press conferences fine for me but I can't trust them to control friendlies. One preseason I selected that option and half the squad was angry with me once the season began for not giving the team enough credit. Now I play them out but with commentary only at the highest speed.

I do like the new way to schedule friendlies, it's so much faster.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #585
whomario
Pro Starter

hate setting up a new game ... Sat in front of the screen for 2 hours and havenīt moved a single day yet ... Decided to give Juventus a run, however iīm just dumbstruck by the millions of people i apparently own that are on loan all over Italy (big soccer fan, but italian soccer is new to me in terms of FM) on like a dozen feeder clubs and that i canīt get back even though they are at feeder clubs allowing that (so call back only works on players loaned after starting the game, right ?).
And what is up with this co-own business ?

Very frustrating experience all in all, also due to the added factor of the new interface.

Not blaming the game but my OCD-like go-about in terms of setting everything up in a new save game. Especially hard after having had everything the way i wanted with my last FM09 save (all the staff was handpicked, all players were my choices, had individual training schedules for all first team players, tactics, shortlists, search filters) . Maybe i just ought to start but oh man this is killing me ...
First thing i did was extending some offers to a couple good unemployed coaches and scouts.

This will take some time to get used to definitely, was kind of a shock to me ...

@ daddytorgo : What type of formation do you run ? I noticed that there are very few outside midfielders , which doesnīt bode well for me as a strong believer in the 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 Formation.
In all of FM 09 i played maybe 10 games with 4 in the back.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #586
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
There is, under your team -> team settings -> first option "responsible for attending press conferences"

Thank you. I obviously missed it.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #587
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hate setting up a new game ... Sat in front of the screen for 2 hours and havenīt moved a single day yet ... Decided to give Juventus a run, however iīm just dumbstruck by the millions of people i apparently own that are on loan all over Italy (big soccer fan, but italian soccer is new to me in terms of FM) on like a dozen feeder clubs and that i canīt get back even though they are at feeder clubs allowing that (so call back only works on players loaned after starting the game, right ?).
And what is up with this co-own business ?

Very frustrating experience all in all, also due to the added factor of the new interface.

Not blaming the game but my OCD-like go-about in terms of setting everything up in a new save game. Especially hard after having had everything the way i wanted with my last FM09 save (all the staff was handpicked, all players were my choices, had individual training schedules for all first team players, tactics, shortlists, search filters) . Maybe i just ought to start but oh man this is killing me ...
First thing i did was extending some offers to a couple good unemployed coaches and scouts.

This will take some time to get used to definitely, was kind of a shock to me ...

@ daddytorgo : What type of formation do you run ? I noticed that there are very few outside midfielders , which doesnīt bode well for me as a strong believer in the 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 Formation.
In all of FM 09 i played maybe 10 games with 4 in the back.

i run a 4-3-1-2 with 3 central midfielders (1 defensive minded but in the middle of the pitch). I don't really find that my width suffers horribly...my midfielders get out onto the wings seemingly enough. Fluid & Counterattacking.

I agree with you that all of the players out on loan hurt (particularly criscito and paolucci and ekdal). Try if you can to get criscito back from genoa ASAP even if you have to pay out for him. Grosso is alright but getting older and in real life I love de ceglie but he's a bit underpowered defensively. Grygera is actually rated quite well in the game as a DR (he's one of the top right fullback options as far as key attributes), so he'll do for the time being. Same with Tiago.

In 2012 right now I've got a back 4 of

Chiellini, Criscito, Ariaudo, (player who i bought in and don't want to tip)

if you want to talk Juve-specific strategy at all whomario you can send me an IM - my AIM screenname is the same as my name here.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #588
whomario
Pro Starter

Thanks for the offer, donīt have/use it. How about PM and mail ? But unless people get pissed we might just carry it on in here, i for one allways like reading about other peopleīs attmepts with the game

So i kept at it and at least have the backroom staff in order with mostly 3.5 to 4 star training and a few new scouts. Also got to buy Criscito back.

Other than that i think iīll stay put and if nescessary do sth at the winter break.

I like to keep a squad intact, so my goal is to have at least 15 in the first team (24-28 players) be from the start when i enter the 3rd season including 6-8 starters.
And as allways my goal is to have as many local (so Italian this time) national team players as possible. Also going to try to get some norwegian players, just for the heck of it.

fully support the "not tipping off" route btw, even though frustrating iīm sure going to eventually enjoy the fact i am not knowing much about italian prospects as a challenge.

For now iīm making a list of good german/german league players as a shortlist (thereīs been a german wave of players in Italy 20 years ago, might happen again ) for the first winter break when i might need to sing a couple, but hope to get some good feedback from my scouts in Italy once i get underway.

Last edited by whomario : 11-13-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:33 AM   #589
SackAttack
Head Coach

Although the press conferences are still annoying, I'm finding that the world feels more "alive" with some of the player comments and whatnot.

Had a player just comment to the press after I loaned a kiddie out, basically said "yeah, glad that sumbitch is gone. I hope it's permanent." Made me laugh.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:33 AM   #590
SackAttack
Head Coach

Dola,

That may have been in previous versions, as may some of the other stuff I've been seeing, but it's new in the sense that if it was in WWSM 08 and 09, I never came across it.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #591
whomario
Pro Starter

So, has anyone played in Italy for a good while and can fill me in about co-ownership ? I understand the basic principle, but how regularly is it used/do i have to use it ?
Will it be that in a few year basically every promising players is co-owned by a big club ? So that i have no choice but to seek such deals as well ?

Is there a time limit until it runs out ? End of the contract ?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #592
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, has anyone played in Italy for a good while and can fill me in about co-ownership ? I understand the basic principle, but how regularly is it used/do i have to use it ?
Will it be that in a few year basically every promising players is co-owned by a big club ? So that i have no choice but to seek such deals as well ?

Is there a time limit until it runs out ? End of the contract ?

co-ownership is a pain in my ass. i've never seen it become massively wide-spread with every promising player so i don't think you need to seek such deals as a larger club. It can be useful for smaller clubs as a way of raising assets - set a co-ownership deal with one of the big squads for 2 years and keep the kid with you so you get cash and you get to play him for a couple years until the big squad likely scoops him up. As the larger squad though I've never seen the appeal of it to me. But that may also be because i like to bring up youth. I'd rather keep them on my books and loan them out for a year and have someone else pay the wages if necessary rather than have a co-owner. typically i try to stay fiscally responsible so it's not like i ever NEED the money to be gained from it and i'm always wary of losing a young star that way.

take this time for example - criscito starts out as co-owned by Genoa. Genoa refused to sell him back to me even for his stated value for the first 2 years. When the co-ownership deal ran out I had to pay OVER his stated value in order to get him back (15+ million). I would have rather had his salary on the books for a couple years then have had to pay that.

Basically it benefits the smaller clubs as they get to sell almost a first-option on the player for a chunk of cash, but they are then faced with "if the player is any good he'll likely get snapped up for more than i'm able to pay for him" after a couple years.

oh - you said you understand the principle - well i played till 2030 in 2009 and i didn't notice an unusual or even probably a high level of great-players being co-owned. i presume that didn't get "broke" in 2010...i'm only up in 2012 though...

as a big squad i'd also rather pay up-front for a talented youngster all-in while he's young (i typically have mutliple scouts just devoted to u-20 players) rather than pay for part of him. i figure buying 5 16 year olds for $1m is better than buying one 19 year old for 6...diversification of risk.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-13-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #593
whomario
Pro Starter

cheers Ah well, it is how it is, gotta work around the rules then.

Since this is the impressions thread : I really love the tactics creator and the introduction of player roles (can you design your own templates btw ?) as well as the new look of the tactics screen overall. Also the Backroom Staff advice looks fine on a first glance.
Unsure how much iīll actually use the tactics creator oposed to real deep digging tactics, but sure looks like a very nice adition for people newer to the game.

going out tonight, but tomorrow afternoon will be all FM. Got a target list in my head, maybe iīll do sth before the start of the season.
First i have to set up my training schedules though. 2009 ones work fine, right ?
Will add individual ones step by step starting with the stars and top-flight prospects, then work my way to usefull players. With last yearīs Hoffenheim save i had about 20 at any given time, maybe iīll use some for similar player types at Juve.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #594
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I put so much work into the game before I hit the continue button, but it pays off in the long run:

-I setup a spreadsheet with all of the players on my team with their ratings.
-I decide which staff to keep and look for replacements or additional coaches/scouts.
-I set up the tug training schedules (this took awhile in FM09, have not done it yet in FM10).
-I pick out both long term and short term transfer targets.
-I list/unlist players depending on my evaluations

It takes some work, but it really feels like you are making the team your own.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #595
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The new interface takes some getting use to, but I think it is an improvement over previous versions. I am using the default dark skin for now, but I am on the lookout for better skins.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #596
McLovin
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
The new interface takes some getting use to, but I think it is an improvement over previous versions. I am using the default dark skin for now, but I am on the lookout for better skins.

"Steklo X "looks great.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #597
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
"Steklo X "looks great.

I saw that one over on SI. I am not crazy about the purple, but I maybe I just need to download and check it out.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #598
kingfc22
Head Coach

Is there any way to change the font size? I swear I need a magnifying glass to read the player's names in 3D match view.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #599
whomario
Pro Starter

the ability to customize the screens is awesome

Just now starting my first friendly match against AC Milan (apparently some sort of deal for a game every year)

Decided to buy 2 players allright in Beck and Westermann, got to have some Germans on board

Can anybody tell me how the heck i can edit set pieces (who goes where, attacking the post or challenging keeper f.e.) in the new tactics creator ? Canīt find it for the life of me Or do i have to go back to the old one for that ?
Decided to give it a go as it is much more realistic. Having been a soccer player my whole life and having helped coaching as well, the old FM had way too many options, soccer isnīt that precice from the start (it gets precice due to the players knowing each others routes after being together a bit)
Old 11-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #600
McLovin
Mascot

Quote:
the ability to customize the screens is awesome

Just now starting my first friendly match against AC Milan (apparently some sort of deal for a game every year)

Decided to buy 2 players allright in Beck and Westermann, got to have some Germans on board

Can anybody tell me how the heck i can edit set pieces (who goes where, attacking the post or challenging keeper f.e.) in the new tactics creator ? Canīt find it for the life of me Or do i have to go back to the old one for that ?
Decided to give it a go as it is much more realistic. Having been a soccer player my whole life and having helped coaching as well, the old FM had way too many options, soccer isnīt that precice from the start (it gets precice due to the players knowing each others routes after being together a bit)

The screen customization is awesome, I love it!
So is the ability to give "pep talks" to oncoming subs.

I don't think you can edit the set pieces using the tactics creator, you have to edit them after the tactic is created the old way. It does generate basic instructions though.
There is a good thread in the SI Tactics forum on setting Corners. Worked well for me.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote