Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #501
bhlloy
Coordinator

Would we be more comfortable trying to coax a few of the inactives out of their shell today instead then?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #502
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Partway through my day 1 read I looked back at D0 just to be sure. Basically nothing from Jackal, trying to point out some potential doubt with our seer scans and basically just going along with Autumn's idea.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #503
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Would we be more comfortable trying to coax a few of the inactives out of their shell today instead then?

Well, we have a good bit of info to work with it seems, I just dont feel like I have a great handle on how to interpret some of what happened. I think it might be easier for me to make a list of people and put down thoughts on all of them, just not sure I have time for that.

But it would be nice if tarcone showed up or if he could get replaced if possible (Henry maybe?) just because he's only posted his D0 vote.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #504
Telle
College Starter

Well I don't want to vote and run like yesterday, so I'm going to put in my vote now with about twenty minutes before the end of my day. And like yesterday I don't know if I'll be back before deadline.

We have two players with votes, and I don't want to just bandwagon on fontisian, so it'll be mauchow. I've had limited time today to really tease apart everyone's posts so I'm not going to put forth a candidate on my own.. and mauchow's moves near deadline yesterday do leave me wondering (although I really need to go back and read through it all some more).
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #505
Telle
College Starter

vote mauchow's
Old 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #506
Telle
College Starter

That's what I get for using copy-past... well just in case...
Old 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #507
Telle
College Starter

vote mauchow
Old 05-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #508
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #507:
4 fontisian - Autumn (466), cheekimonk (471), britrock88 (481), Abe Sargent (495)
2 mauchow - bllhoy (486), Telle (507)
Old 05-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #509
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Votes as of post #507:
4 fontisian - Autumn (466), cheekimonk (471), britrock88 (481), Abe Sargent (495)

Yet to vote: JAG, tarcone, mauchow, fontisian
Old 05-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #510
fontisian
College Prospect

I told myself I wasn't going to be abrasive this game, but what the hell guys?

First of all, I'm obviously not with Jackal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I think Jackal is thinking about a town pming group because the idea came up in wolf chat and he feels like he has to talk about /something/.

The other possibility is that he's part of a small town group with pm abilities, which would suck, but in that case he'd have to be pretty crazy to bring it up of his own volition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yeah.. I really felt forced to talk about something early in the day, this is probably the weakest case for voting me I've seen so far

Quote:
I was likely going to vote font anyways for self preservation but that post actually makes me feel much better about it

Quote:
vote font

Quote:
Plus the continued blatant disregard for the rules and no real explanation as to why..

Quote:
Though the klink targetting doesn't really smell of wolf, cam someone think of a reason why that would behoove them?

Quote:
Could see it being a neutral win condition ploy like getting scanned, or maybe klink and font are both wolves and font is skippy and wants to get the seer scan, but that's probably a bold move this early

Quote:
Or maybe font is klink, that'd be tricky except JAG probably accounted for that with his votes

Quote:
What disregard would that be, exactly?

Aldo, can I ask why you initially responded to my post without any issues with it and then changed your mind shortly afterwards?

Quote:
I mean, it does bother me, but if I flipped out every time it happened, I'd never have time for anything else.

Chief, look at Jackal's vote on me, please. The reasoning seems very lazy, though I am admittedly biased.

If you think Jackal and I decided to try to kill each other for no reason D1 and then I backed off afterwards, you're insane. Like, if I was going to take an out, I would have taken it when Chief popped in and called Jackal town instead of asking Chief to look at Jackal again for me and explaining my scumread.

Also, also, if I was scum with Jackal he probably would have noticed I was still voting for him and pm'd me so I could change it.

Second, mauchow is probably not scum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
I am a villager with a minor role so if it's me that's got to go I am okay with that, but it's semi disappointing at the same time.

Quote:
I'd lean jackal before font...

Quote:
i mean.. i kind of have to vote for you now mau

Quote:
Don't vote me ffs
1. When he was under lynch pressure, he claimed a minor role, which would make him more likely to die at that time.
2. He decided to go for Jackal over me and I know I'm town.
3. That would be the weirdest interaction between scummates ever. What kind of wolf buddy says "don't vote me, ffs," and then does a bunch of weird vote shifts back and forth.

I'm reasonable certain mau is just a confused townie.

Fix your votes.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #511
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I doubt she would be offended, anymore than you are. But thought I should throw it out there.

Thoughts on the two vote leaders...

I think the Jackal roll up is built on pretty flimsy evidence from his post. His post actually brought up to my mind the possibility of an inner circle villager team, something I hadn't considered.

But I don't see going after font as the right way either. She may indeed be a wolf but she is clearly thinking proactively and forcing action, which she started doing on Day 0, likely before she knew her allegiance. I don't see much value in removing her from the game at this point.

Instead, I will focus my vote on a third option, so that we can get more vote info from this one down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The four one votes are britrock, Autumn, tarcone and myself. I'm not voting myself and tarcone is newer to WW games, I believe (and has been quiet), so I don't want to push him out yet.

That leaves britrock and Autumn. JAG voted brit and JR voted Autumn. On the basis of JAG being the more experienced player, I will roll with his instinct here for now.

I'm going to vote Chief. I think a wolf in his position would want to create another wagon, hence Chief going after someone who already has a vote, but not go after me as I already had a wolf in Jackal voting on me. Creating another wagon obfuscates the votes and makes in less likely that it will come down to a fight between me and Jackal.

He claimed he didn't want to vote for Jackal because the case against him was flimsy, then voted for brit because JAG voted there early on. This reasoning is far flimsier than the Jackal case, and Chief seemed to know it as he added "for now."

The "for now" also allows him to avoid some of the responsibility for his vote, should brit turn out to be town down the line. Add in that I've generally liked brit's content, and I think Chief is the best lynch for Today.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #512
fontisian
College Prospect

Vote Chief Rum
Old 05-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #513
fontisian
College Prospect

I don't like that Autumn is voting for me or that he started up the wagon mau either, but his reasoning for voting mau was better than Chief's for voting brit and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I think Telle is very likely town for pointing out the vote discrepancy and getting jackal killed.

bhlloy also gets the benefit of the doubt for voting Jackal.

Cheekimonk's point about wolves probably bussing Jackal is interesting, but probably wrong, and thus his vote is null.

I think if there was a wolf voting me besides the Jackal, it was almost certainly Abe, as his tunnel on me is past the point of absurdity. I would look at him after killing Chief, as if Chief is a wolf, he would definitely be reluctant to join a wagon that already has two of his partners on it.

I actually really like what JAG's doing, but it's JAG, so I can't clear him off of it.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #514
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
Same here. Obvious wolf was obvious.
Also, I'll point out that Autumn and cheekimonk are never both wolves, as if cheekimonk is a wolf, then this is an attempt to interact with a villager. I don't think he says this if he's Autumn's partber.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #515
fontisian
College Prospect

Lmao, they shot Chief, I am an idiot.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #516
fontisian
College Prospect

Unvote
Vote Abe Sargent
Old 05-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #517
fontisian
College Prospect

Ahaha, I was thinking about all these worlds and what it means if he's mafia, and this probably looks fake, bluh.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:01 PM   #518
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I feel like I need to take a step back here. Things I'm thinking of include:

Did the wolves know we were working with a borked vote count? My suspicion is not based on how Jackal reacted to mau's vote moving around towards the end.

Were the wolves in 'save him' mode or 'look good when he dies' mode?

I read back over the first part of day 1. I'd like to hear from font why she went with her plan of trying to nullify Klink's role but didn't vote / unvote for about five players that could possibly be Klink. Reading the start of D1, bhlloy and Julio floated my name as a possible vote and Abe actually pushed back a little on them, which I read as more a villager move than wolf. I still need to read back and think on things some more.
I just lost a post, ffs. Here we go again.

Jag, those five were already voted by someone else, so me voting them d0 was pointless and d1 would have given more info.

With chief cleared, I suspect Autumn was a wolf trying to make a competing wagon, (though it would have been easier to build up the wagon on brit, which is weird). I think he should know better than to be voting for me now. Also, if I were on the wolf team and deciding who to brutal, I would always go for JAG and Autumn before Chief, and JAG's role was known, which left Autumn as the obvious target. Maybe I'm overestimating him though.

I wanted to say something else, but I forgot what it was.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #519
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vote Chief Rum

Let him rest in peace...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #520
fontisian
College Prospect

Oh, yeah, my reason for voting Abe and why I think wolves probably didn't bus. I feel like he's just not thinking about the game critically, like he latched onto something I did /before I even knew my alignment/ and has just kept rolling with it because it's easy. Plus the post he made yesterday about how voting lurkers is a good idea felt like he was trying to get into that person's (I forget who and I'm on my phone so I can't check easily) good graces.

I think wolves didn't bus much so much as distance, because most people called Jackal out but very few voted and I'm townreading most of the ones who did independently. Also, while I acknowledge that killing the brutal first is good for the wolf team, they still really don't want to kill him right away and would probably want to use him the cop or something through our nk protection. Plus, Jackal seemed to be trying pretty hard to live.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #521
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Let him rest in peace...
I figured it out, do not mock me.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #522
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 519

1 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516)
Old 05-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #523
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I figured it out, do not mock me.

No mocking. Just found it to be funny for reasons I will share after the game.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #524
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I think font is making good points. A lot Of times villagers start runs unknowingly on villagers , So that is what we could-be saying here too w runs on me and font. I've got a 2 he drive now so I will do my best and stop ocasionally.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:34 PM   #525
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I would lean on voting For cheeki or tarcone.

Tarcone Because of no vote so far and very in active . Cheeky because a useless vote Yesterday ,
Old 05-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #526
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I just lost a post, ffs. Here we go again.

Jag, those five were already voted by someone else, so me voting them d0 was pointless and d1 would have given more info.

With chief cleared, I suspect Autumn was a wolf trying to make a competing wagon, (though it would have been easier to build up the wagon on brit, which is weird). I think he should know better than to be voting for me now. Also, if I were on the wolf team and deciding who to brutal, I would always go for JAG and Autumn before Chief, and JAG's role was known, which left Autumn as the obvious target. Maybe I'm overestimating him though.

I wanted to say something else, but I forgot what it was.

The reason I am a little uneasy about Autumn is that he had the initial vote on Jackal but then switched it later and didn't revote him. He was also pushing Telle to break a tie between mau and Brit when it was 3-3-2 Brit-mau-Jackal, and one other had 2 I believe (can't read back now).

Having said that, the reason I liked him and followed him D1 is because he jumped on Jackal's comments right away. No one else had said anything about them and there had been some posts before that point.

Font, the issue I had with your not voting those others is that if your role is minor, then even if you're giving them more information, at least you'd still be protecting more important roles from voting those players with their first vote. Or you could've suggested I do it since my role was already revealed. That said, it's more a point of strategy than me thinking you're doing something shady. I also felt uneasy about Chief's reasoning for his vote yesterday, so I got where you were coming from.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #527
fontisian
College Prospect

I would hope for a replacement on tarcone before lynching him.

Cheek is a good person to vote, though.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #528
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
The reason I am a little uneasy about Autumn is that he had the initial vote on Jackal but then switched it later and didn't revote him. He was also pushing Telle to break a tie between mau and Brit when it was 3-3-2 Brit-mau-Jackal, and one other had 2 I believe (can't read back now).

Having said that, the reason I liked him and followed him D1 is because he jumped on Jackal's comments right away. No one else had said anything about them and there had been some posts before that point.

Font, the issue I had with your not voting those others is that if your role is minor, then even if you're giving them more information, at least you'd still be protecting more important roles from voting those players with their first vote. Or you could've suggested I do it since my role was already revealed. That said, it's more a point of strategy than me thinking you're doing something shady. I also felt uneasy about Chief's reasoning for his vote yesterday, so I got where you were coming from.
I kind of assumed you would just do it or it wasn't worth doing Today, sorry. It was mostly a laziness thing as I was pretty distracted. >_>

I really should be putting more effort in, sorry, sorry.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #529
fontisian
College Prospect

JAG, why did you unvote Abe? Do you think he's town for some reason?
Old 05-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #530
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I would lean on voting For cheeki or tarcone.

Tarcone Because of no vote so far and very in active . Cheeky because a useless vote Yesterday ,

The minor thing I had as a plus for cheek's side is that they probably would not have wanted him to have an isolated vote on a guy they were going to reveal as villager. But I didn't think that Jackal probably thought he was safe last night, so that's pretty minor. His vote on Chief was when Jackal was in some trouble though I think, which would seem odd. I'd still like an explanation why he voted Chief.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #531
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JAG, why did you unvote Abe? Do you think he's town for some reason?

Posts 180+181 I think, near when D1 started, he pushed back some on Julio and bhlloy talking about voting me. I'm not saying it's a great case, but I forgot that that made me feel a bit better about him. Although you've done that to me as a wolf. . I still have to complete my look at D1, but I don't think Abe was around much after his vote on you.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #532
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This seems like the kind of thing a villager should know.

I would also consider voting autumn because of his un vote on jackal when he was the one that started the voting on jackal . It strikes to me as a ohcrap moment when your fellow Wolf is actually being piled on for votes for that reason. Like he called him out on it as a way to put a vote on a fellow wolf to look better down the road...but instead used flimsy reasoning to start a run on me.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #533
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Lol you said it better than me. I typed at stoplights...
Old 05-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #534
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Mau, I just don't think Autumn would have that same immediate reaction I had when I read it if he wasn't a villager.

I'm thinking cheek for now, but I'm not confident.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #535
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I would also consider voting autumn because of his un vote on jackal when he was the one that started the voting on jackal . It strikes to me as a ohcrap moment when your fellow Wolf is actually being piled on for votes for that reason. Like he called him out on it as a way to put a vote on a fellow wolf to look better down the road...but instead used flimsy reasoning to start a run on me.

I've had that thought as well, FWIW

Font is playing the strangest game I've ever seen, screaming cultist or some hidden win mechanism to me
Old 05-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #536
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm happy with my vote on mau right now just because it's already a bit of a runaway on day 1, I wish we could get some of these inactives and votes moved around a bit. If font is the lynch and shows clean (or at least not wolf) we're going to have very little to go on for day 3
Old 05-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #537
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry, I'm not as available as I hoped this afternoon, with rush work coming up at work.

I actually like Font's reply--as I said this morning, I wanted to put some pressure there and see what comes of it. My case for Font just comes out of wanting something useful to be in the end of the day voting, and some possible protection by Jackal seemed the most possible.

I was checking in mostly to say I won't have a lot of time tonight, so I'm not sure what I will do with my vote right now. I did my research this morning but only got back a few hours from the end of D1. Maybe someone can dig some more and give us stuff to work with.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #538
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'd also consider moving to cheekimonk or tarcone, just because I've always been a huge proponent of getting the inactives out of the way early even if it's just for the fun of the game
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #539
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hmm, my Autumn as a possible wolf sensor is tingling...
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #540
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote cheeki
Old 05-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #541
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Just to respond to the second point a bit -- I was pushing Telle at a point when I think we had three or four minutes left before deadline. I certainly wasn't going to recommend she make it 3-3-3 at that point. We needed to break the tie and she was the only one in thread who wasn't on one of those two leaders, I think. I believe I was pretty transparent in thread in that last half hour about being willing to vote wherever was needed to avoid shenanigans. But yes, I admit having moved off of Jackal is a point against me.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #542
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Lmao, they shot Chief, I am an idiot.

The funny thing is you had me halfway convinced.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #543
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The minor thing I had as a plus for cheek's side is that they probably would not have wanted him to have an isolated vote on a guy they were going to reveal as villager..

I just saw this for cheek..i can still see leaning that way tho w my vote on cheeki.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #544
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well I don't want to vote and run like yesterday, so I'm going to put in my vote now with about twenty minutes before the end of my day. And like yesterday I don't know if I'll be back before deadline.

We have two players with votes, and I don't want to just bandwagon on fontisian, so it'll be mauchow. I've had limited time today to really tease apart everyone's posts so I'm not going to put forth a candidate on my own.. and mauchow's moves near deadline yesterday do leave me wondering (although I really need to go back and read through it all some more).

I want to just push Telle into the fray a bit here. Not for today, since she's someone who won't be around at deadline. But looking back at her posts I'm struck by how they are mostly things like vote counts, rules clarifications, and then once a day a vague vote like this where she votes simply to avoid the bandwagon. Could be just a villager without a lot of time, but also could be a way to keep up post counts and be helpful without putting out any rope to hang yourself with.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #545
Autumn
Head Coach

Obviously colored however by her spreadsheet work, which gives her a plus in the villager category. Just trying to go through and read some players who I didn't read this morning.

Just finished Abe. Pretty bland there -- tunneling on Font, for sure.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #546
bhlloy
Coordinator

I actually think Abe is a little bit fishy in #263-265

It's after Jackal gets heat for his PM statement, and it's a vague defense/misdirection and then he puts a vote on font.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #547
Autumn
Head Coach

Finished reading Bhlloy. Day 1 was almost all rule speculation. But has been active today with some thoughts on votes. However, very broad. Says initially Font and Mau should be the focus, agrees with JAG about considering Abe, and then also suggests considering cheeki and tarcone for being quiet. And now me ;-) Quite a spread, though he put a vote early today.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #548
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I actually think Abe is a little bit fishy in #263-265

It's after Jackal gets heat for his PM statement, and it's a vague defense/misdirection and then he puts a vote on font.

I agree with vague. It seems like he's arguing against Jackal, but I don't think Jackal was talking about a lovers arrangement. But Abe's argument seems to convince himself that Jackal's not bad and he moves the vote, so I'm not clear what his thinking was. I could see that as misdirection without wanting to clearly defend Jackal.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #549
bhlloy
Coordinator

Similar from Autumn in #318 and then obviously moved the vote off Jackal later in the day. The question with Autumn is whether a wolf would be so brazen to start the run on a fellow wolf in the first place - maybe with the brutal ability that's a trade that would be considered
Old 05-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #550
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hey, just how my mind works. Don't hold it against me

I do think I'm going to switch to Abe here. I'm looking back at mauchow close the deadline and I just don't see a wolf there, I see an uncoordinated villager panicking.