Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #601
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You wake up in the morning and tentatively head to the main room.

Everyone is still alive.

Is this is, is the nightmare over????
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #603
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Final Vote Totals

5 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554), JAG (572)
3 Autumn - mauchow (557), cheekimonk (562), Telle (584)
2 fontisian - britrock88 (481), Abe Sargent (495)

Is that 5 for Abe correct? There's four names listed after (and four in my spreadsheet). Just wanted to know if we have another extra vote mechanic happening like Day 1.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:20 PM   #604
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Is that 5 for Abe correct? There's four names listed after (and four in my spreadsheet). Just wanted to know if we have another extra vote mechanic happening like Day 1.

Total is correct.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:21 PM   #605
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Bhlloy has the extra vote, it would appear.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #606
britrock88
Pro Starter

My apologies for not getting back before lunch.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #607
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sorry I just got back from work! It's been rough today. Lots of extra stuff, I thought Id be back before now. Let me go get caught up and I';ll talk to you later.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #608
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

That was a nice result. Nice job whoever duked it.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #609
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Bhlloy has the extra vote, it would appear.

fontisian is also a possibility.. both were on the extra vote receiver both days. But then we also have to wonder whether the mechanic is a double vote for someone, which is pretty easy to ferret out over time.. or is it that somebody gets to place any two votes and they don't have to be on the same player. Obviously though that whoever it is is a villager, since wolves received the extra vote both days.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #610
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Not to get paranoid, but with the BG dead, we have to concern ourselves with a possible convert based on the result. Still are other possibilities, another character interaction. Missed NK seems unlikely.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #611
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Whoa!

That is just an unbelievable day there. I was the top voter getter, then we get it duked to another and it's another Wolf? Holy crap!

Old 05-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #612
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Not to get paranoid, but with the BG dead, we have to concern ourselves with a possible convert based on the result. Still are other possibilities, another character interaction. Missed NK seems unlikely.

So by "the result" you mean the lack of a night kill, not the vote and subsequent lynch?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #613
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Man we are doing well. Two wolves in two days in two lynches? That's pretty sexy.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #614
fontisian
College Prospect

I'm pretty sure I'm the double voter.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #615
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Signing off for the night, time to get ready for bed and try to watch as much of this game seven as I can.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #616
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to get some discussion on what you think this role does:

Potsie Weber - An outcast with a big heart. At least that is how he appears to everyone, the truth is much darker...

Based on this role, what do you think it does for folks?

Thoughts?

Old 05-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #617
fontisian
College Prospect

If Vinton's powers were used up, he should probably claim and get cleared?

As previously noted, cheek is not aligned with Autumn aand is therefore town, and mau and telle are still town, heh. Will have to reread the day for more conclusions. (Also, both wolves have tried to kill me, so I'm town, thanks.)
Old 05-10-2017, 09:44 PM   #618
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I'd like to get some discussion on what you think this role does:

Potsie Weber - An outcast with a big heart. At least that is how he appears to everyone, the truth is much darker...

Based on this role, what do you think it does for folks?

Thoughts?
Oohhhh, that makes sense. Abe is town. Sorry dude, thought it was +ev play.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #619
fontisian
College Prospect

If you want to do the thing, I can lay out a comprehensive case for you being town.

As for Potsie, I'd point out that if you were a wolf captain, would you draft a role that could do nothing?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #620
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So by "the result" you mean the lack of a night kill, not the vote and subsequent lynch?

The lack of night kill. The lynch result looked like a duke, by the role that might not know what it can do.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #621
fontisian
College Prospect

1) cheekimonk
2) Autumn - Larry Dallas; wolf draftee with seduction ability (day two lynch)
3) JAG
4) Abe Sargent
5) tarcone
6) britrock88
7) The Jackal - Natalie Green; wolf leader with brutal (day one lynch)
8) bhlloy
9) Chief Rum - Les Nessman, villager with follow ability (day one brutal)
10) Telle
11) Julio Riddols - Rosalin Russel, villager, bodyguard (night one kill)
12) mauchow
13) fontisian

I'm town, Abe is town, mau is town, telle is town, cheeki is probably town.

That leaves JAG, tarcone, brit, and bhlloy. Bhlloy gets some credit for being on Jackal d1. Going in for a reread with this poe.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #622
fontisian
College Prospect

I think if the duke is in JAG, tarcone, brit and bhlloy they should claim. If not, they should not.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #623
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
If you want to do the thing, I can lay out a comprehensive case for you being town.

As for Potsie, I'd point out that if you were a wolf captain, would you draft a role that could do nothing?

I'm good for now. We'll see how the day develops. Thanks though!

My trust list includes mau, Telle, and bhlloy. Those are my major players. And right now, I think it's fair to give fontisian the benefit of the doubt, given what we've seen this evening. Autumn was the first to vote for her, for example, so I'm moving her off my radar too.

Had I been here during the day, and saw the heat I had, well, you know. But i left with one vote and came back post-lynch. So sorry team!

Someone is going to have a hell of a duke story after this thing.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #624
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am heading away for a while. I still have to apply for jobs. My job here at SHC ends next month on June 2, so I like to apply for three jobs a day in Higher Ed.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #625
bhlloy
Coordinator

So 2 of the first 4 votes on Jackal day 1 were wolves including the one that got things moving - that's pretty damn ballsy

I do wonder (worry) if we're not playing anything close to a traditional ruleset here.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #626
fontisian
College Prospect

"Larry Dallas - The consummate playboy, always looking to get lucky. He may choose someone each night to seduce, this will prevent that person from performing any actions."

Looks like Jackal went for a pretty traditional wolf role.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #627
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So 2 of the first 4 votes on Jackal day 1 were wolves including the one that got things moving - that's pretty damn ballsy

I do wonder (worry) if we're not playing anything close to a traditional ruleset here.
2 of the first 4?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #628
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sorry, I was working on a theory and got way ahead of myself. Obviously Jackal didn't vote for himself.

Might as well go ahead and throw out the theory, starting to look at Brit as a possible wolf. Will flesh out what I'm talking about in a bit
Old 05-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #629
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Sorry, I was working on a theory and got way ahead of myself. Obviously Jackal didn't vote for himself.

Might as well go ahead and throw out the theory, starting to look at Brit as a possible wolf. Will flesh out what I'm talking about in a bit

Or you just made a major slip-up. Looks like you were the second vote on Jackal (not counting fontisian's serial vote and unvote posts).
Old 05-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #630
bhlloy
Coordinator

That would be an epic slip up, yes
Old 05-10-2017, 10:12 PM   #631
Telle
College Starter

Not the first huge slip-up by a wolf this game?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #632
bhlloy
Coordinator

So... I think the plan all along was to have the wolves place votes on each other day 1 to build up trust later in the game. Autumn starts the voting and accusation on Jackal but then moves off when it looks like it might be a Jackal runaway.

Jackal switches to brit late, but then right at deadline when it looks like it's close and one of them is in danger of being lynched is forced to move it to Mau, which apparently saved them both. Brit stays on jackal as apparently

Also in #478 he's laying the groundwork for people staying away from Autumn, at a strange point in the game to do it
Old 05-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #633
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ha, I'm as villager as they come unfortunately, although I fully expect to get heat tomorrow. Trying to play WW and watch the Ducks lose another game 7 at the same time.

Somebody else has piqued my interest however....
Old 05-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #634
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I'm the double voter.

Care to expand on this?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:20 PM   #635
fontisian
College Prospect

Vote Britrock
Old 05-10-2017, 10:21 PM   #636
fontisian
College Prospect

Uh, not really bhlloy. I mean, it could be you, it just kind of fits with my role and I have no ability that I know of yet, so, shrug.

I have a long thing about why Brit is the last one, but it'll take me a little bit to put together. Expect it in like 3 hours, because I have to do some other things in the meantime.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:28 PM   #637
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Uh, not really bhlloy. I mean, it could be you, it just kind of fits with my role and I have no ability that I know of yet, so, shrug.

I have a long thing about why Brit is the last one, but it'll take me a little bit to put together. Expect it in like 3 hours, because I have to do some other things in the meantime.

Unfortunately though, even if you are the double-voter that doesn't necessarily clear you since it seems likely that you did mean your vote for mauchow in post #368 that wasn't counted and thus you wouldn't have known that you were actually voting double for Jackal. And Day 2 we don't know yet if who you voted for was a villager or a wolf.

You said something earlier about how you were obviously a villager because of the wolves trying to kill you. Can you explain that further?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #638
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah I'm very interested to see fonts thinking on all the people she's cleared as well as Brit, even though I think I'm probably on the same page
Old 05-10-2017, 11:24 PM   #639
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
We've spent some time discussing voting mechanics. JR (posts 95-99) and Font (posts 101-108) had the most interesting sequences of votes on D0. It's hard to tease apart the role that our long dormancy will play in producing errant votes from the potential misdirection that could be caused.

Now that we're in D1, JAG has also picked up on Font's game of trying to block Klink's power (with the added efficacy that JAG's role is already public). I'm not sure what Font's role is, and what would motivate her to self-sacrifice to occupy Klink. But it's interesting to note that at least two players have concluded that they see Klink's power as something likelier to be used for evil.

Remember also that the team captains put in priority lists for roles--I'm not sure it's a certainty that Klink ends up on Team Bad. There are a lot of mechanics that EF's keeping under wraps (presumably for balance and intrigue purposes). For instance, how large are the respective teams? Abe has assumed that Team Bad totals 3 in an earlier post; we've also had a question about whether our Neutral could draft.
1. This is more summation than analysis from brit, which is a pretty common wolf way of addressing the thread.

Quote:
Nice catch. Cultist-type role, you wonder? It's such low-hanging fruit, and the suggestion goes against typical WW setups.
This is a response to Autumn calling out Jackal. It gives Autumn town cred and makes people less likely to vote Jackal, imo. Not a good look.

Quote:
He means that if you're a villager you should already know if villagers get to PM and not need to be pondering it "out loud" in the game.
Telle is so town.

Quote:
I think if I was wolf captain my first pick would be Skippy - not only going to scan as villager but breaks the seer scans for the rest of the game.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet my strategy would be to draft that person and then try to draw a scan on day 1
I can't see bhlloy being this open about drafting strategy if he were a wolf.

Quote:
The more interesting question to me is what this might imply about Font's role. Her play doesn't strike me as unusual for her--she's a thoughtful and proactive villager, and an equally active/distracting wolf (relying on long-ago impressions here).

Anyway, her willingness to role-block Klink suggests that she doesn't mind having Klink--who may be likelier than the average role to be Bad--knowing her role. It could be that she's in a role with seemingly pedestrian power. It could be that she's seeking identification as a fellow Bad. I dunno.
Quoting this because brit brings up some decent reasons to not vote me, and does later.

Quote:
Focusing just on the first part of this, as I'm fairly confident we'll all be thinking about Jackal until lynch.

13 players in the game.
1 neutral, for my money.
We're looking at 9-3-1 as our likeliest distribution, I think. I could see a +/- of 1 depending on the relative power of the roles in play.

Quote:
Unvote Telle
Vote The Jackal
It's interesting that brit seems more resigned to a Jackal lynch here (I'm fairly confident we'll all be thinking about Jackal until lynch.) than actually excited about killing a wolf. Imo, I think wolf!brit would be at the point where he was assuming Jackal is going to die that Day or the next, and he wants cred from it.

Quote:
Applying some pressure. Telle, I've taken my cursor off you, but grace us with a vote, would you?
The reasoning for the vote itself is super weak and leaves him an out if he wants to vote elsewhere.

Quote:
Ok, I'm going with fontisian. Mostly because I don't want to bandwagon on The Jackal.

Have we speculated yet on whether or not fontisian might actually BE Klink? All that voting could just be a distraction. She can't vote for herself, so it wouldn't diminish her ability. But then there's still the question of would Klink be a villager or a wolf?

Well sorry to vote and run, but as I mentioned just previously I may not be around again before deadline.
Telle is so town. Very few wolves are like "yeah, I don't want to wagon my partner."

Quote:
My issue with your reaction here is that I'm noticing the converse of omgusing--you're complimenting JR's approach which happens not to implicate you. Could be an attempt to build trust across team lines.

I don't have a meta on Telle--he hasn't posted on the forum in 4.5 years before this game, and hadn't played any WW for a year before that, which takes us back to the beginning of my time here. Sorry.
The beginning of brit's push on me. I don't like it, but that could be personal bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
VOTE BRITROCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I feel like Jackal's idea about a villager team is unlikely, but it feels like what he was really saying. His defense has felt earnest and not panicked, so I'm thinking I will move elsewhere.

The case for font seems like typical D1 stuff, but actually based on D0 stuff before alignment, so I feel like it's not strong.

Brit's posts feel solid, doing some real work.

Mauchow's post below:

pings me a bit as being one of those "too vague to mean anything but I said something" posts. Tarcone on the other hand hasn't said anything. So I'd rather vote mauchow than Tarcone.

Chief hasn't put a lot up today but what's there is solid.

Leads me with mauchow so far, who has no votes. blah.
Chief votes brit and Autumn is immediately there to defend. Notice the brit is the best person Autumn could go on at this point to save Jackal, but he instead tried to start a wagon on someone with no votes.

Quote:
unvote
vote mauchow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Mauchow has 24 posts in this thread. I don't think that's a lot of noise for nothing. I don't get that at all.
This is really nice from Abe, actually, and backs up him being town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
vote britrock88
As Jackal gets closer to dying and Autumn got rid of some of his cred, Jackal moves to distance from brit.

Quote:
What is the case for Brit? I really liked his posts when I looked back, so if it's him or Mau, I'm going Mau.
Another defense from Autumn for brit.

Quote:
Well while obviously I want everyone to know I'm a village.. do you think I don't have enough personal integrity to point out a major mistake like that if it benefited me to keep quiet?
Telle is so town.

Quote:
Great result with knocking off the wolf leader with the first vote. I talked myself out of his comment being such an obvious slip up...oops.
Kind of bleh from JAG, but the tone is better than Autumn's, imo. Also, his role doesn't fit with the other one Jackal recruited.

Quote:
Trying to look at voting movements. At this moment Jackal and Font are tied for the lead with three, Brit has two. Jackal unvotes Font and votes Brit, switching that to a 3-3 Jackal-Brit lead.
Autumn starts his summation of the day 1 votes by talking about the things that look best for brit.

Quote:
Sorry for all the posts, but it helped me to process what happened there, and not to have to flip back forever.

At this point I am wondering whether Jackal wasn't protecting Font. He moved off of Font in a way that didn't help his chances at all, but just made it a Brit-Jackal tie instead. And then Font unvotes Jackal and votes Mau, which effectively puts Brit in the lead without the two ganging up on Britrock. If there were two wolves in the mix, this makes sense. If not, I'm not sure why Jackal doesn't just stick with Font.
Autumn emphasizes that I'm scummy coming out of the votes and postulates that Jackal voted brit to protect me. Again, this is the most positive possible interpretation for brit.

Quote:
Autumn feels very Good to me.
Brit also defends Autumn, though that could be a town being pocketed.

Quote:
My overarching observations with last night's deadline activity, by character involved:

- Jackal: unsurprisingly tried to self-save at the deadline, at Mau's expense. The flip from Font to Brit a half-hour earlier is a thing to note (I won't make anything more of it, though).

- Mau: appeared to put Brit 2 up on Jackal/Font/Mau at 9:48. Vacillated between Brit and Jackal at the deadline, and not in a way that accomplished much.

- Font: placed the vote that didn't stick at 9:34, switching from Jackal to Mau. (I'm not convinced anything nefarious was at play; however, there is not only the move off Jackal to justify, but also the confusion in the thread that resulted from the formatting issue. Should we keep overlooking this?) Finally, she checked out at 9:42.

- Brit: AFK, with a vote hanging on Jackal throughout.
This is just weird, with brit speaking in the first person. It's very similar to what Autumn wrote up.

Quote:
Brit and Autumn, appreciate the work you put in.
Ew. I mean, JAG probably isn't that obvious? Right?

Quote:
I've had that thought as well, FWIW

Font is playing the strangest game I've ever seen, screaming cultist or some hidden win mechanism to me
Would like bhlloy to explain this at one point.

Quote:
Hmm, my Autumn as a possible wolf sensor is tingling...
Good from bhlloy.

Quote:
Finished reading Bhlloy. Day 1 was almost all rule speculation. But has been active today with some thoughts on votes. However, very broad. Says initially Font and Mau should be the focus, agrees with JAG about considering Abe, and then also suggests considering cheeki and tarcone for being quiet. And now me ;-) Quite a spread, though he put a vote early today.
Just saving this quote, as it may be relevant latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
unvote font
vote Autumn

Quote:
I'm not comfy sticking with font. I'm not sure about Abe, but I like the call earlier on Autumn jumping off Jackal...
Good for cheeki.

Quote:
Well that was an impressive play by Autumn, gotta give him credit.
Ew, but again, probably town?

Yeah, that's not very concise, but I think there's reason to clear everyone except brit and tarcone, and brit has a lot of interactions with Autumn and Jackal against him.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #640
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

I am Vinton Harper. I wasn't 100% certain about Autumn, but I was certain enough. I'm convinced the wolves bussed Jackal, which means they're scrambling at this point. That was my one-shot duke ability.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:34 PM   #641
fontisian
College Prospect

Nice.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #642
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, three jobs applied for. Got an interview tomorrow with PSU so we'll see how that goes too.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #643
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am Vinton Harper. I wasn't 100% certain about Autumn, but I was certain enough. I'm convinced the wolves bussed Jackal, which means they're scrambling at this point. That was my one-shot duke ability.

It was a great duke move from where I'm sitting. Nicely done! One of my top five Dukes I've seen!

Old 05-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #644
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That is an intimidating set of analysis font. I gotta go back and reread it a few times.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:38 AM   #645
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

Would like bhlloy to explain this at one point.

Just felt (like some others did) that you'd had a lot of invalid votes including day 0 and a bit of bouncing around, which makes me wonder if you didn't land a role with some specific goals around it. You also voted CR when he was already out of the game. Maybe that feeling is dropping a bit now... but still I'm a little unsure.

Quote:

Good from bhlloy.

I'll go into this in more detail, because I think it's the most relevant thing that is pinging me right now. It was very noticable to me that Autumn was going to be absent or was absent for most of the day, and when he started to get a bit of heat he suddenly appeared in thread with a defense. Either he was monitoring the thread but not posting or he got summoned by someone because he was getting some shade thrown his way.

Now it's interesting to note the people posting right around that time were mau and JAG. I don't think either of those are great wolf candidates, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't a silent wolf reading the thread who got him online. Either way at the time, it just pinged me as really wolfy. I'm kicking myself from not going Autumn on the vote but I just didn't think he'd be that blatant on day 1 starting a run on a fellow wolf.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #646
bhlloy
Coordinator

I really really hope tarcone wasn't a wolf, otherwise that's going to kill the game
Old 05-11-2017, 12:56 AM   #647
bhlloy
Coordinator

I also think Autumn's vote on Abe makes Abe look a little better than I'd previously thought, although I'd have to go back and look at what kind of a chance he had to move it without putting himself in danger.

And if you think Abe is looking better and you believe him that he didn't get online until after the vote, it's worth noting the only other person who didn't move off a dead vote on fontisian was... britrock
Old 05-11-2017, 12:56 AM   #648
bhlloy
Coordinator

vote britrock
Old 05-11-2017, 01:09 AM   #649
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I also think Autumn's vote on Abe makes Abe look a little better than I'd previously thought, although I'd have to go back and look at what kind of a chance he had to move it without putting himself in danger.

And if you think Abe is looking better and you believe him that he didn't get online until after the vote, it's worth noting the only other person who didn't move off a dead vote on fontisian was... britrock

Heya!

So it's been a while since we've all played together and such. Which is great!

So a quick little thing about me. I believe it's unethical to lie about personal life stuff in WW. Anything everyone says is suspect in regards to game of WW, but real world stuff isn't really in that same genre, you know?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:55 AM   #650
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yes font, that would be a comment for the ages if I praised the wolves for their thread analysis.