Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #951
digamma
Torchbearer

I think I forgot to say kudos to the creatures. You guys definitely played a great game.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #952
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Day 1 - Scouted in general. Saw Masked looking out for anythign suspicious (thought he was a guard). Saw someone (BrianD) playing with vials from the tower.
Day 2 - Followed Suicane. Saw that he WAS a guard. Also saw Swaggs and TazFTW with bloody weapons.
Day 3 - Followed Fouts, saw that he was looking into each tent, and was coughing and wheezing in an abnormal manner.
Day 4 - Followed EaglesFan, saw him sleep.

I have to admit, Fouts threw me off with that "tasked to find the leader" thing. When BrianD revealed himself, I asked Fouts if he was now the most useless member of the party since the leader had revealed himself, I knew something fishy was going on. I was waiting for a reply from Fouts (who was online for the most part of that night), and when he didn't reply, I knew he was a creature, or for them. Too bad BrianD kicked my ass and ripped my heart out before I could say anything.

Yes, Neon had to die and fast. We had to shut down that information. I was also afraid of Thomkal's list where I was #2, and we killed off #1 and #3. Thought I would have to claim that I was being framed. Lucky for me that Jeff started the Suicane bandwagon before he knew what hit him.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:38 PM   #953
Masked
College Starter

I spent most of the time I was alive with no strong feelings about anyone. My strategy was simply to protect someone each night who I thought might be targeted based on the days events. I figured I could at least learn if they were creatures or human.

On the four night I was alive, I protected Jeeber, RA, Neon, and myself (in that order). Protecting myself on the fourth night turned out to be a bad move when Thomkal turned everyone against me. I figured I had to survive the lynching and the following night, and if I revealed my role, I was doomed that night. Afterall, Fouts said the doctor's aide was necessary to save the bandits.

Last edited by Masked : 07-19-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:42 PM   #954
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Lokking back I agree with you, I made some rookie mistakes no doubt.

Yeah we all did Suicane. Hopefully we will get better with practice. I had no inkling whatsoever that you were a guard. I thought you were a bandit. I should have paid more attention to your posts about Jeeber as a clue that you had seen something about him, but since I thought he was a bandit, I put it out of my mind for the most part. Except I thought perhaps you were a creature. You tried to reveal information you thought was important, so you did a good job there.

But you should have fought harder when Jeff pegged you as a liar. You notice I did not change my vote from Fouts to you until way after Jeff pegged you, because I was now unsure that Jeff was indeed pro-bandit and I was hoping you would come forward with a strong defense of your role as a guard.

Ah well, live and learn. My mistake (one of many) perhaps was tagging Jeff as pro-bandit. Perhaps if I had just come out and said I knew he was not a simple bandit without telling him why I thought that I might have had the creatures on the run a bit. Likely would have gotten me killed too. But I was so sure he was the hostage because it linked up with Henry's information so well, that I really tried to get him to reveal so I could cross him off my list. Little did I know that a conversion could stop a kill. And then he revealed himself as a Guard. I thought you did very well to hide your role Suicane.

Oh that reminds me, two times I asked if Guards could see conversions after Neon proposed no bandit kills that one night. I even asked Peregrine about it in a PM that was never answered. I thought perhaps at the time he was converted or a creature and trying to prevent a creature kill because I wasn't sure if Guards would see a conversion since it would then be pretty obvious who to go after next.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #955
Suicane75
Coordinator

The sucky thing was that I had to leave right when Jeff started accusing me. There wasn't much I could do about that.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #956
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

When Jeff started that bandwagon towards Suicane, I was rooting for Suicane to turn the tables.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #957
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Things like this is what gets me so frustrated, its almost like people on the "good side" don't want to win if it means sacrificing themselves. I consider it a win for me personally if I die before the game ends, but my side wins, because I likely gave them information that helped them win. I sacrificed myself in Werewolf V and it netted us a Sorceror and a Wolf. (and unknowingly another wolf )
I have to confess, I was feeling a little bitter about being offed early, so I was rooting for the lawmen. But that was mainly because I died a meaningless death that didn't give anybody any information of use. I'd like to think I'd be willing to risk my own fictitious hide to try to help my side win the game, but it's so hard to say without actually having been in that situation.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #958
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Jeff, I had to convert somebody that wasn't in the limelight, and was online often enough to discuss strategy.

Thomkal, Vince didn't know Brian was the warlock. The creatures had no contact with him until the night I converted Jeff, which was the same night Kwhit was sacrificed.

Great game. I enjoyed it, even though it was nerve-wracking.

Yeah realized that after reading further posts after I posted. See I make mistakes even after the game is over.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #959
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Thomkal, I honestly had you pegged as a creature, that's why I didn't want to spill out any beans. I had you, Fouts and BrianD working in collusion. That was until I died, and jeff suddenly made the surprise 'reveal'. Heh.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:52 PM   #960
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My oh my how different this game woulda been had we converted Jeeber instead of BrianD that first night. Viewed those two first, had heybrad convert Brian since it looked like Jeeber was on the brink of death. Damn.

Could not believe both me AND Kevin bit it like that. Talk about one painful night.

'Course, for my short lived self, I was trying to walk the tightrope of trying to nudge people into voting for people I hadn't viewed (between me and Kevin, all 4 of our views were non-creatures), while not outing myself. The creatures wanted me dead, the bandits wanted me dead. Rough one.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:52 PM   #961
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts - your story worked for me because I was already trying to think of how we could gun down the warlock if it wasn't just sucking out the creatures. I had kind of mentally constructed a similar secret role that would help accomplish it by the time you starting posting in that vein. Nice work, although I feel like a chump. Looking back, the flip-flop from doc to camp leader should have made me more suspicious.

The sacrifice-a-conversion thing makes sense - was trying this morning to figure out why there was only one kill and we were on the brink of losing according to Peregrine. Based on that, I had to believe there were 2 (or 3) creatures left, but I didn't think they would keep a conversion for that late in the game. Having a gauge on the right number of creatures was something I was hoping to establish today so we could try to identify people who gave the appearance of working together. But I wasn't around enough today (in long enough stretches, anyways) to force the conversation in that direction. Bummer for us ...

Last edited by hoopsguy : 07-19-2005 at 10:56 PM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:53 PM   #962
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola. Oh, yeah. I put people on the Mr. Wednesday bandwagon in that first turn because, well...he voted for Jeeber, who I had viewed and knew was a bandit.

Whaddya gonna do.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:00 PM   #963
Thomkal
Head Coach

Heh Neon,

Yep that would be a good reason not to reveal to me. Perhaps I should have revealed I killed Mr. S instead of waiting until later. Maybe people would have believed me more, because of Kevin's post that I had to be the one who killed him.

And Masked I'm sorry. I was specifically looking for quiet people who were reading the thread during my plan but not commenting on it. It made sense to me the creatures would keep one guy in the background in case one of their more vocal members slipped up and got killed. We would have had nothing to suspect you with at that point. I was believing the Fouts plan at that time, and trying to clear people off my list. You gave me nothing to work with, so I had to put you up for the vote to see what would happen. And the late vote the night before also had me suspicious because it was clearly after the deadline and I thought perhaps you thought we might go after you for not voting, so you tried to sneak a vote in there.

But if you had revealed you were the healer then and had no such vision about Fouts, I would have gone after him immediately. But the voting was so chaotic then, helped in part by my posting an incorrect vote tally at one point, that you were no doubt hoping to be saved. Almost were too. But once again sorry.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #964
Thomkal
Head Coach

Can you tell I've thought of nothing else but this game the last two days?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:06 PM   #965
kingfc22
Head Coach

Finally have internet connection again. YEAH!!! Sorry guys, didn't mean to disappear.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:06 PM   #966
Masked
College Starter

I though I was going to survive. I anticipated you switching your vote back to me, and I countered by switching to Jeeber. I did not expect RA to switch, and after I saved his life too.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #967
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So when's the next game
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #968
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I think I forgot to say kudos to the creatures. You guys definitely played a great game.

Thanks! We couldn't have done it without you guys.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:08 PM   #969
Thomkal
Head Coach

I bet Fouts nearly had a heart attack when we killed off the healer.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:09 PM   #970
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'll be taking a break from starting new games for about a week or so I think. I'm playing in some on BGG next week and it's hard to do so many things at once, but I may look at starting another mid-next week depending on how busy I am.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #971
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Yes, Neon had to die and fast. We had to shut down that information. I was also afraid of Thomkal's list where I was #2, and we killed off #1 and #3. Thought I would have to claim that I was being framed. Lucky for me that Jeff started the Suicane bandwagon before he knew what hit him.

Yeah even though I claimed the order was not meant to be a list of who I suspected the most and least, I defnitely put you and Neon at the top because I did suspect you the most.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:12 PM   #972
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

So did the hostage have any special ability?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:12 PM   #973
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I bet Fouts nearly had a heart attack when we killed off the healer.

Yes, my story doesn't look good with no doctor. Had to substitute the camp leader and you guys let me. I had a plan for tomorrow, where the camp leader would take out the last creater (kingfc), and I would kill the warlock. Glad I didn't have to spin that yarn.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #974
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well I almost didn't let you.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #975
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Well I almost didn't let you.

I know. You were a creature snack tonight if the game didn't end.

Really helped that both seers died, one by bandit kill. Those guys woulda made things real difficult.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:20 PM   #976
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

how exactly could we have beaten BrianD? I really wanted to go through the lynch route.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:22 PM   #977
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damn it, Thomkal ... you steered me away from Jeff and I pushed others away from Fouts. I wish we had somehow gotten on the same page with each other ... sigh, spent too much time pondering this the last two days as well.

I was working on how to get bandits to lynch each other instead of me after Fouts outed me as the Sheriff's Man. By the time I got home tonight I had convinced myself that I had a fighting chance if we got past the creatures (assuming the game was played out at that point).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:25 PM   #978
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
So did the hostage have any special ability?

NOPE
Old 07-19-2005, 11:32 PM   #979
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
how exactly could we have beaten BrianD? I really wanted to go through the lynch route

Once he became the warlock, the only way was lynching all the creatures and then lynching him. It was doable if you had gotten Fouts and Jeff061 lynched in the last two days.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:34 PM   #980
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
It was doable if you had gotten Fouts and Jeff061 lynched in the last two days.

You overestimated our abilities
Old 07-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #981
Peregrine
Pro Starter

By the way, good job everyone with this. The bandits had a tough time but they got some good analysis going. The wolves were very quick on their feet though, coming up with some good alibi roles. It was a lot of fun seeing how this one played out. Hopefully the next one will not be so random though, with all the crazy kills. I believe my next game will be a lift of a good idea from BGG, an item based game. Basically a game where instead of roles, there are magical items that confer various powers, and they can be passed between various people at night.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 AM   #982
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
When Jeff started that bandwagon towards Suicane, I was rooting for Suicane to turn the tables.

I was pretty confident and pretty much everything I said was taken in the way I had hoped. Obviously if I had claimed I was the guard and singled out someone else other than Suicane I would of been scewed, but that's why I singled out Suicane.

I figured we had won as soon as Thomkal posted the bit about not being able to choose who to view. Even if Suicane came back I didn't see him convincing everyone enough to swing the vote in his favor, but who knows. He just didn't have anything solid to back himself with. No good views all game, no publically available information that hinted at the ability to view someone and me being able to hint to the camp leader to help me out if things go wrong. I got lucky there.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-20-2005 at 06:48 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:25 AM   #983
KWhit
Coordinator

I'll be starting a themed game on Monday. Look for a signup thread today or tomorrow.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:48 AM   #984
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh. I also have an idea for a themed game.. and will post it tonight or tommorrow
Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #985
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Then I won't do my thoughts for a game.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #986
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh and Vince I went back and looked at all your posts after you were killed (something I encourage every one to do every time there's a kill) and you did have some pretty telling comments there. Including one where you made a point of mentioning some conflict between Brian and Coffee. After you were dead, I reread that post and was pretty sure you were trying in advance to take the spotlight off Brian making it seem like he was not on your side. Sadly it got lost in the shuffle when all the stuff with Henry and Airhog happened, and well then we know what happened with Brian.

Ironically enough, we had no idea Brian was involved yet

We were told that SOMEONE had the vials, and would slowly turn into the Warlock. We had no idea what powers he would have, nor who he was. If we had targetted him with an attack, it would have failed because we would have realized it.

I'm currently reading through the rest of the thread, so if this already came up, sorry
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:10 PM   #987
KevinNU7
College Starter

It's been over 24 hours, I'm in serious withdrawals
Old 07-21-2005, 02:15 PM   #988
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hehe, yeah I've started a TCY/FOF dynasty to pass the time. I need a short break from running a game. Don't worry, mine will be back soon, and Kwhit will be starting one too.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #989
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Alright, who killed me? It's fess up time.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #990
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Alright, who killed me? It's fess up time.

You mean you haven't been reading along? I confessed it was me. Hated to do it another player on day 1, especially one that I knew could post helpful analysis, but felt I had to do it when I was the only one who had a vote on you. Figured either you would kill me, or someone else would do it trying to make you look shady. Didn't want to go out of the game without using my bandit kill power. I had hoped some other bandit might try to kill you too, blocking the ability.

Promise I won't vote for you or kill you on day 1 next game if there is a next game for me. Unless of course a seer reveals you are a wolf.

Forgive me?
Old 07-21-2005, 03:08 PM   #991
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Forgive me?

Oh yeah, it's all just part of the game. I was just curious. I thought for sure it was Jeeber, but looking back I should have guessed you once I knew it wasn't him. And I have to confess I haven't been following the thread that close after I got knocked out so early. Just mainly the daily updates. I'll have to go back and re-read it all again. Tomorrow should be a slow work day...
Old 07-21-2005, 03:11 PM   #992
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
You're eactly right Swaggs. Someone was obviously trying to set me up. Probably the same with Kevin too. Sorry to see you go Mr S and Qwik.

I honestly was expecting to see a lot more bloodshed
Classic.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #993
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
If Thomkal did kill MrS then I think that is horrible stradegy. So little was know about Mr.S that to use your kill right at the beginning is pretty bad. I know I am going to save up my attack until one of the Spy's breakdown and reveals himself to kill some creatures. From there we will probably want to get a conversation going about who should kill which creatures and who should go after the Spy Or maybe we should create a truce with the Spy's?
I like the end part of this with a truce between the spies and KevinNU7. Heheh.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #994
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Why is strange? Even a now powerless bandit has to worry given some of the other roles in the game. They are wide open for a sheriff's Men conversion and always a potential target for the creatures because I'd then have a known role. So I would be very concerned about my future if I had killed Mr S and was now a bandit revealed. But I didn't kill him.

It's dangerous to reveal yourself as any role in this game of Werewolf because since everyone has a power they are a threat to someone else and a target of opportunity for others. Simple villagers in previous games didn't have to particularly worry about such threats.
BTW, it's stuff like this that made me distrust your plan...especially after the fact. When you say you didn't kill him and then you say you're a bandit, I believe in your capacity to lie. All within the game, of course. I didn't even want to believe you were a bandit when you PMed me after I died.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #995
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well, even if his plan was a little shakey I think it worked out for the best...

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #996
Fouts
College Starter

Peregrine's post about the second night being bloody almost cost the creatures the game. I could see all bandits sending in kill orders before the midnight deadline, after he said that. In fact, I think that is how one of the creatures went down.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:04 PM   #997
Swaggs
Coordinator

I actually did not like Peregrine making that statement.

I had already sent in my order to kill Vince. I thought that, by him saying that, it might spur everyone else into action and maybe cancel out my kill. Instead, it just spurred Eaglesfan27 to kill me.

Did anyone have an attack cancelled b/c more than one person attempted?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:03 AM   #998
kingfc22
Head Coach

Did anyone ever try to kill me and find out that I was the hostage?