Old 06-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #1051
SnDvls
Pro Starter

the mystic might not have scanned last night in building up for the Avatar
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #1052
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I don't really have much to add at this point other than observing other's disccussions. I have no idea who I'm going to vote for at this point.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #1053
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
These are all good questions Alan. I still think having the ruling class do a reveal would be helpful.

Again with this?

VOTE BARKEEP49

A ruling class reveal is only helpful to the necromancers.

Anyway, damn, dubb, you might have been okay if you just hadn't made that first post where you mentioned that you were thinking of voting for SnDvls. Then again, either way, the necros might have been wary of you. Anyway, I'm still wary of you, too -- as was said before, soothsayer is a neutral role, so it doesn't clear you as an Egyptian. It could be that you found out that SnDvls was a necromancer, as are you. Just food for thought.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #1054
hoopsguy
General Manager

In regards to the guard question, it depends on if the necromancers attack solo or in pairs.

If they attack solo, and attack the bodyguard, then they die. Keep in mind that if they attack the person guarded by the bodyguard, that is going to be attacking the bodyguard. So they die in this case as well.

If they attack in tandem, then the bodyguard fights them off but does not identify the attackers.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #1055
Vince
Pro Starter

Man, bodyguard is a powerful role in this game.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:13 PM   #1056
Tyrith
College Starter

I think that whoever got scanned last night should only reveal if they come under fire today. They can reveal after night actions come in, but there is definately merit to not helping the necros along with their search.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #1057
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Again with this?

VOTE BARKEEP49

A ruling class reveal is only helpful to the necromancers.

Anyway, damn, dubb, you might have been okay if you just hadn't made that first post where you mentioned that you were thinking of voting for SnDvls. Then again, either way, the necros might have been wary of you. Anyway, I'm still wary of you, too -- as was said before, soothsayer is a neutral role, so it doesn't clear you as an Egyptian. It could be that you found out that SnDvls was a necromancer, as are you. Just food for thought.

are you questioning dubbs validity to being the soothsayer? so in turn questioning me?

what would be the downfall of knowing the ruling class now? I'd at least like to know who got Swaggs spot.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #1058
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
are you questioning dubbs validity to being the soothsayer? so in turn questioning me?

what would be the downfall of knowing the ruling class now? I'd at least like to know who got Swaggs spot.

I've already mentioned the downfall of the knowing the ruling class. If we assume they are good then the "evil" class could easily kill them in a matter of days once they are revealed. At that point we could have a nec on the throne. It is much to early for the current ruling class to reveal.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #1059
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And I'm not arguing with the vote for barkeep. He pushed me on something he should have picked up on. Also pushing for the ruling class to reveal is shifty to say the least in my book.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #1060
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so let's only find out who got swaggs spot.

we'd still have a 2/3rds edge. would that be too overboard?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #1061
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And in order for us to skip 3 seer scans this freakin Avatar better be more powerful than we are being led to believe. No way 3 scans is worth a glorified body guard that everyone is going to know is the Avatar since he will be played by someone joining the game on that night.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #1062
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm wondering why Blade has been so quiet in this game? I know he mentioned somewhere yesterday that he had to catch up, but I missed the reason for it. It seems very un-Blade-like for him to be so quiet...almost to the point where I want to vote for him because of it.

No, I just want to vote for him because it's Blade
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #1063
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
so let's only find out who got swaggs spot.

we'd still have a 2/3rds edge. would that be too overboard?

I think so b/c we are not even close to a desparate situation yet. Letting them know any of the ruling class could be a mistake. We don't know the full situation for another class taking over. What if only 2 have to be killed for another class to take over?

Or what if it is a situation where currently there are 1 nec and 2 egyptians on the ruling class and the new appointed guy is randomly selected. An egyptian reveals himself and gets killed and a nec gets appointed leaving 2 necs and 1 egyptian on the ruling class. At this point they could kill Path and appoint a nec to the throne.

We just don't know how it works. They shouldn't reveal.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #1064
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I think so b/c we are not even close to a desparate situation yet. Letting them know any of the ruling class could be a mistake. We don't know the full situation for another class taking over. What if only 2 have to be killed for another class to take over?

Or what if it is a situation where currently there are 1 nec and 2 egyptians on the ruling class and the new appointed guy is randomly selected. An egyptian reveals himself and gets killed and a nec gets appointed leaving 2 necs and 1 egyptian on the ruling class. At this point they could kill Path and appoint a nec to the throne.

We just don't know how it works. They shouldn't reveal.

we do know how it works they all three have to vote for path
Old 06-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #1065
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I dont understand why everyone is assuming the ruling class is all good. I think it is likely path is good as the starting pharoah. But is there something somewhere that says being in the ruling class means they are good to start?

Without knowing how Swaggs was replaced (if he was), we dont know if its a way to let a bad person into the ruling class either. I guess alot of people are making alot of assumptions in this game that i don't quite see gurantueed for us.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #1066
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I'm wondering why Blade has been so quiet in this game? I know he mentioned somewhere yesterday that he had to catch up, but I missed the reason for it. It seems very un-Blade-like for him to be so quiet...almost to the point where I want to vote for him because of it.

No, I just want to vote for him because it's Blade
Im just finished catching up with everything from when i left last night. Ill be gone for about 2 hours, then around for about 2-3, then gone for the day. I promise ill talk during my time home a little later, just a bit busier these days.

VOTE TANGLEWOOD

I havent seen a reason to change my vote yet from yesterday, as i still dont think he has contributed much(granted, neither have i but such is). I might change it later, might not. In the scheme of things it will prob. matter little.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #1067
Tyrith
College Starter

Barkeep's little role reveal push has got me a bit on edge, too. Why do we need to know who they are? Their role isn't critical to us right now. More information helps the necromancers as much, if not a little more than it helps us right now, because they'll know for certain who their friends are. Later on we can go back into the barkeep/hoops let's dig up everything game, but right now it's not good, and the fact that barkeep does this often would made good cover for a bad guy. I want to hear what other people have to say about this.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #1068
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

Well, doesn't path have to be the majority vote by everyone AND the ruling class has to be a part of that majority?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #1069
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Without knowing how Swaggs was replaced (if he was), we dont know if its a way to let a bad person into the ruling class either. I guess alot of people are making alot of assumptions in this game that i don't quite see gurantueed for us.

we do know they are replaced per the rules (up to a point) so the point has stopped at 21 players vs 22? doesn't make sense.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #1070
kingfc22
Head Coach

So much to read with this many players.

Anyways, Dubb is reasonably high up on my trust list along with SnDvls now. So without any information from night 2, it looks like we are going to have to look at who might have wanted to silence cronin.

So for now, I'm going to vote for the one person who was going back and forth with cronin yesterday. And is one of 2 players to have voted for the lynchee both days.

Vote Saldana
Old 06-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #1071
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Did I miss something? All it says in the rules is they will have a vote to lynch the Pharaoh. That could simply mean a majority vote.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #1072
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, doesn't path have to be the majority vote by everyone AND the ruling class has to be a part of that majority?

no...I asked hoops this directly...I'll find the post again...one moment.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #1073
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Man, bodyguard is a powerful role in this game.

I think it is there to balance with the fact that the necromancers could get 2 guaranteed kills per night supposing there are 4 of them.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #1074
Blade6119
Coordinator

NOTE: THE SOOTHSAYER IS A NUETRAL ROLE...DUBB COULD HAVE IT AND BE BAD...

ok, go about your days
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #1075
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
No, the majority must still vote to lynch the Pharoah. However, he cannot be lynched without the three ruling class members being part of that majority.

So there would only be one lynch on that day (or on any day).

post #264 my question is a few before it
Old 06-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #1076
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
we do know they are replaced per the rules (up to a point) so the point has stopped at 21 players vs 22? doesn't make sense.

I think you missed what I was saying. We have no idea how a member of the ruling class is replaced or if it has occured yet. Right now we do not know much information about them at all. So I find the comments that they all have to be good and an asset not necessarily wild, but its not anything that I feel has been gurantueed for us yet.

Right now I don't see exactly what the ruling class does for us other than keeping them from lynching the pharoah. However hoops said the majority of us have to vote for path in addition to the ruling class.. so anyone pushing for a path lynch right now will be setting off all kinds of warning bells.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #1077
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm just saying that while I believe dubb is a soothsayer, he could be a necromancer soothsayer. However, the one who first brought this up is Barkeep, who I already don't trust. He could be trying to plant the idea that dubb is evil, since he's pretty sure dubb is good.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #1078
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
NOTE: THE SOOTHSAYER IS A NUETRAL ROLE...DUBB COULD HAVE IT AND BE BAD...

ok, go about your days

Several of us have already said this blade. It doesnt make sense to push for a lynch on him right now though knowing what we do know. We just can't clear him based on this reveal is all.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #1079
saldana
Pro Starter

i said earlier that i was surprised barkeep didnt pick up the method that dubb used to clear sun yesterday, which has the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. i did pickup on it right away, and didnt say anything because that would just paint a big target on dubb in case the necros needed one for last night.

vote barkeep
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #1080
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Several of us have already said this blade. It doesnt make sense to push for a lynch on him right now though knowing what we do know. We just can't clear him based on this reveal is all.
I really didnt see it, so i posted..sorry if it has been said before. Im just exploring all routes
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #1081
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

yes you are correct after rereading the question again. so by knowing at least one person we can at least see what is happening if the vote swings towards path at some point and get a read on that person...yes it could be down the line, but it might be very important then as it is now.

again I don't want to know all 3 people just the person who replaced swaggs.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #1082
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So much to read with this many players.

Anyways, Dubb is reasonably high up on my trust list along with SnDvls now. So without any information from night 2, it looks like we are going to have to look at who might have wanted to silence cronin.

So for now, I'm going to vote for the one person who was going back and forth with cronin yesterday. And is one of 2 players to have voted for the lynchee both days.

Vote Saldana

king, ive got nothing to say about this...i didnt like the fact that we were just gonna vote for bek because he wasnt here, so i seized on something i thought was out of character for cronin and pushed it...i was wrong, and honestly, i am surprised you are the first person to vote for me.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #1083
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, at this point, i am pretty annoyed with myself for moving the vote off of him, and he still isnt freakin' here.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #1084
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote Tyrith

been too quiet for my liking in this game and I believe a necro voted in my same block yesterday. gut feeling
Old 06-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #1085
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hey guys...I was just heading back to my home, and noticed a ceremonial dagger lying on the floor. It reminded me of the events last night, that I must have blocked out during my early-morning slumber (i.e., i didn't noticed I had a PM until just now).

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, to find that I was being attacked. With an adrenaline rush, I managed to break free. As soon as I started to gain the upper hand, the attacker ran off, and once I got outside, I couldn't find him. This dagger I found (which is ceremonial, so I assume it has no special powers) appears to be something a necromancer would use.

Anyway, I'm glad to be alive, but the whole thing kind of freaks me out. Who would want to kill ME?!?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #1086
Vince
Pro Starter

SnDvls -- I think Alan is suggesting that the ruling class might not be replaced on a 1-for-1 basis (for example, they might not be replaced until they're all killed). However, I think this is not very likely.

I'm out for a while to run errands...I'll be back later.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #1087
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
king, ive got nothing to say about this...i didnt like the fact that we were just gonna vote for bek because he wasnt here, so i seized on something i thought was out of character for cronin and pushed it...i was wrong, and honestly, i am surprised you are the first person to vote for me.

Well, right now I'm leaning towards your or barkeep. And since barkeep was already getting some heat and talking. I figured I'd try to get your opinion on things. By no means is this vote set in stone.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #1088
Tyrith
College Starter

The problem is again our lack of information. So many of us are compulsive analyzers and we're turning molehills into mountains due to lack of other things to go on...I'm not sure how much better off we are. But Barkeep does have alarms going off for me right now.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #1089
Vince
Pro Starter

And right as I leave, the shit hits the fan. Sweet.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #1090
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I know this is a little off topic and a tangent right now, but want people to be aware of it and thinking about it

Quote:
- The Prophecy: the coming of this one has been foretold. But will he bring victory to the forces of life or death? Note - only hidden role in the game. Cannot be detected by seer, does not show up as a necromancer if 'sought'.

could be on either side and help good or evil...just my thoughts...back to the lynching votes
Old 06-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #1091
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
And right as I leave, the shit hits the fan. Sweet.

Indeed it has.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #1092
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
SnDvls -- I think Alan is suggesting that the ruling class might not be replaced on a 1-for-1 basis (for example, they might not be replaced until they're all killed). However, I think this is not very likely.

ah okay I see
Old 06-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #1093
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Well, right now I'm leaning towards your or barkeep. And since barkeep was already getting some heat and talking. I figured I'd try to get your opinion on things. By no means is this vote set in stone.

i havent been able to be on as much today as yesterday, my daughter isnt feeling well IRL
Old 06-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #1094
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not really what I was suggesting. I was suggesting we dont know how they are replaced. do we know they are instantly replaced the next day? maybe its a vote thing, or some other action has to occur to promote someone into the ruling class.

I guess what I am saying is there are alot of people who assume to know alot more about the ruling class than I do right now that I don't think are safe assumptions
Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #1095
saldana
Pro Starter

pass, thats an excellent piece of information...glad you noticed the PM....i thought it was pretty unlikely for the necros to all spend another night searching, but from the sounds of your message, you won the coin toss on living or dying, too bad you didnt win the 20% shot at finding out who it was.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #1096
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
vote Tyrith

been too quiet for my liking in this game and I believe a necro voted in my same block yesterday. gut feeling

All I can say is what the fuck to this. I didn't post a bunch of shit on Day One and pregame because we didn't have any idea what was going on. As soon as I fucking got HOME yesterday I was posting. And we STILL don't have any idea what's been going on and I've been calling for caution all day. The rest of it I can deal with, but come on, that's horribly weak, especially when there are 11 living players below me in post count.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #1097
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think people are making a mistake with barkeep. We see this every game. The people who are most vocal and try to throw out the most things to talk about are the ones taken out early unless they have some method to vouch for themselves.

I haven't seen that much from Barkeep so far that was really far stretches. I think while i have not agreed with all of his points, he definitly has been asking some questions that are important. In fact I think he has been one of the few vocal ones that haven't been steering people to votes blindly. Many others have been assuming alot, voting on those asumptions and saying for folks to just blindly trust them.

Maybe I am being fooled completely here, but the feel I get from barkeep right now is he has been filling the role that hoops does in alot of games as conversation starter. Hoops gets heat many games for it, but its important for someone to pick up that role. If we do not have some direction for our conversations, we will stumble along blindly for days while the bad guys finish us all off.

I guess I am just getting a completely different feel from barkeep than most of you do. I think there are many others who are better choices today than him. I also think there are others who have been much more instrumental in guiding our votes to good guys so far as well.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:50 PM   #1098
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE BLADE6119

I'm pretty lost right now and the alternative seems to be Barkeep right now. I'll vote Blade simply b/c he isn't playing like Blade. Lame, but I have nothing else to go on right now.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #1099
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Hey guys...I was just heading back to my home, and noticed a ceremonial dagger lying on the floor. It reminded me of the events last night, that I must have blocked out during my early-morning slumber (i.e., i didn't noticed I had a PM until just now).

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, to find that I was being attacked. With an adrenaline rush, I managed to break free. As soon as I started to gain the upper hand, the attacker ran off, and once I got outside, I couldn't find him. This dagger I found (which is ceremonial, so I assume it has no special powers) appears to be something a necromancer would use.

Anyway, I'm glad to be alive, but the whole thing kind of freaks me out. Who would want to kill ME?!?

I wouldn't be so sure about the dagger. Could have some weird magic power or something, and there seems to be a bit of a focus on items in this game.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #1100
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
VOTE BLADE6119

I'm pretty lost right now and the alternative seems to be Barkeep right now. I'll vote Blade simply b/c he isn't playing like Blade. Lame, but I have nothing else to go on right now.

I think we need to be careful how much we cross up people being busy with them being quiet. Blade is a good enough player that if he were bad he wouldn't make it so obvious, and he really seems to enjoy antagonizing us anyway I've noticed that we keep killing people for being quiet when it's just RL issues, and it's soemthing we need to watch out for.