Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #3101
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, Post #3092:
Quote:
How is this game balanced

I would love to answer that question But it is something that I hope people are thinking about for post-game discussion, whenever that comes about.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #3102
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I agree with Tyrith about Lathum. I haven't seen any overt moves against us and until we do I don't know that it's a good idea -- besides, we don't know what capabilities the prophecy has, and lynching him might have consequences we're not aware of.

Can someone explain to me or point out how Barkeeps death means that Alan was not attacking Vince? I know it's likely right in front of my face, but I'm having problems with the connection.

Directly, it doesn't. But barkeep kept hinting at it in a manner that makes me think he might have known. Also, a solo kill attempt against a random, uncleared player is an iffy move at best. So while we don't KNOW Alan wasn't attacking Vince circumstances just make it seem unlikely.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #3103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Barkeep hinted pretty much as strong as he could that Alan wasn't making an attack on Vince. Barkeep didn't want to shout his role from the rooftops but left us a big fat hint there. I absolutely cannot believe barkeep took his fanatic power to the grave with him. He killed Alan, I'm sure of it.

Personally, I don't see any reason to kill Lathum _now_. We either should have done it a couple of days ago or we should let it go until he does something else flagrantly aggressive. Unlike back then we have actual other suspects. Lathum raised an avatar meaning that at worst he's against them as much as against us. While the mean part of me still wants to get him killed for revenge it's just not smart at all. We have an actual suspect list now.

On that note, I'm sticking to the list for now.

VOTE KINGFC22

I agree, let's leave Lathum alone for now.

Vote Kingfc22

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #3104
SnDvls
Pro Starter

just thought of something to throw out there.

Path....what are your win options?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #3105
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I agree with Tyrith about Lathum. I haven't seen any overt moves against us and until we do I don't know that it's a good idea -- besides, we don't know what capabilities the prophecy has, and lynching him might have consequences we're not aware of.

Can someone explain to me or point out how Barkeeps death means that Alan was not attacking Vince? I know it's likely right in front of my face, but I'm having problems with the connection.

Barkeep was a fanatiac...he killed Alan thus getting a necro and not haveing to kill himslef ala CW and Pass.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #3106
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I still stand by my vote yesterday. Right now it seems that anybody with a low post count is a target (me, tyrith, schmidty, tangle, vince, qwik). I think that is everyone.

By me? Tyrith isn't on my list. Schmidty hasn't been all day long. I'm considering bumping Qwik up for now.

BTW, look at how the Necs have been, and you can't blame us. Chubby, AlanT, Bek, bulletsponge. These four did not post prolificly.

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #3107
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
By me? Tyrith isn't on my list. Schmidty hasn't been all day long. I'm considering bumping Qwik up for now.

BTW, look at how the Necs have been, and you can't blame us. Chubby, AlanT, Bek, bulletsponge. These four did not post prolificly.

-Anxiety

A few of them got very offended once we started voting for them as well...like a few of the people who are left have done. And it's not a regular "I'm playing a game" offended it's a personal attack offended.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #3108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

True

Old 06-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #3109
Tyrith
College Starter

Alan was actually second on the post list for most of the game, and Chubby was in the same area as Anxiety, Sndvls, and later me until he had to take those couple of days off. And bullet wasn't exactly quiet, either.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #3110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fair enough. I should have used the term - posted well, not prolificly.

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #3111
kingfc22
Head Coach

I still would like to vote schmidty since I think the odds are strong that he is bad. Probably one of the reasons we had a tie yesterday was due to the possibility that it was between two bad guys that probably didn't know each other. Would have made a lot of sense to save the head necro, but they still might have had a splintered group. 2-3 knowing each other and chubby out on his own.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #3112
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, looking to get some feedback from people on game schedules for the 4th of July weekend. I'm assuming that we are off for the weekend, just like we always are in these games. And I would expect that we are probably off for the 3rd and 4th as people are taking vacations.

1. Do we need to call a halt to play earlier than a 9PM CST Day 10 deadline on Friday?
2. Can we start up again on Wednesday, July 5th?

Please make sure to comment on this, either in this thread or via PM so I can set a schedule that is going to work for the vast majority of the players. I don't want an extended outage but I also don't want the game determined by people's vacation schedules after 3,000+ posts of good play over the last two weeks.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #3113
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
just thought of something to throw out there.

Path....what are your win options?

I was given no specific win conditions with my role, just that the role was public. As far as I'm concerned if the Egyptians win I win.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #3114
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
OK, looking to get some feedback from people on game schedules for the 4th of July weekend. I'm assuming that we are off for the weekend, just like we always are in these games. And I would expect that we are probably off for the 3rd and 4th as people are taking vacations.

1. Do we need to call a halt to play earlier than a 9PM CST Day 10 deadline on Friday?
2. Can we start up again on Wednesday, July 5th?

Please make sure to comment on this, either in this thread or via PM so I can set a schedule that is going to work for the vast majority of the players. I don't want an extended outage but I also don't want the game determined by people's vacation schedules after 3,000+ posts of good play over the last two weeks.

Kinda hoping to have won the game by then.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #3115
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was given no specific win conditions with my role, just that the role was public. As far as I'm concerned if the Egyptians win I win.

okay good I forgot about the public role thing actually
Old 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #3116
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think they're saying that Barkeep used his fanatic power to kill Alan, but I don't know how that affects what he was doing outside my door. Considering he had a knife, I'd assume he wasn't "Looking for Necromancers."
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #3117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ditto

Old 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #3118
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I still would like to vote schmidty since I think the odds are strong that he is bad. Probably one of the reasons we had a tie yesterday was due to the possibility that it was between two bad guys that probably didn't know each other. Would have made a lot of sense to save the head necro, but they still might have had a splintered group. 2-3 knowing each other and chubby out on his own.

I'm really just not seeing a reason to go Schmidty today.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #3119
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so are we only looking at lathum and qwik today then?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #3120
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I think they're saying that Barkeep used his fanatic power to kill Alan, but I don't know how that affects what he was doing outside my door. Considering he had a knife, I'd assume he wasn't "Looking for Necromancers."

Don't you hate it when you don't realize there's another page of posts? Doh.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #3121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Since there have been votes cast against King, SnDvls, I'd say no.

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #3122
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola -

I think that is actually a good route to go.

the necros haven't had a kill yet. let's start today with two palyers and lynching one. if he's not a necro it goes to the next palyer and someone else.
I really believe the egyptians have the numbers right now to do this and win.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #3123
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

Seems like king is a pretty popular candidate too...but we don't have much on him other than "he's quiet." Supposedly, he has hinted about his role, but I haven't picked up on it. Maybe it's time to do some digging...the sheer size of this thread is daunting, though.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #3124
SnDvls
Pro Starter

oaky are we going king & lathum or king and qwik then?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #3125
SnDvls
Pro Starter

anyone got a vote recap?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #3126
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Seems like king is a pretty popular candidate too...but we don't have much on him other than "he's quiet." Supposedly, he has hinted about his role, but I haven't picked up on it. Maybe it's time to do some digging...the sheer size of this thread is daunting, though.

And he voted for Schmidity yesterday. I explain why I think that's telling earlier.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #3127
Vince
Pro Starter

Hey, so other than Ctrl-F and searching for a poster's name, is there an easier way to search only this thread for posts by a certain user?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #3128
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

I have to go to work now which always sucks when you are a lynch candidate.

I wish Qwik was here to post more about what he claims to know so that I could get a better grip on the situation. As for now.

Vote Lathum

I think he has been playing us the whole game.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #3129
SnDvls
Pro Starter

there are 12 players left correct

we all assumed there were 4 necros to start...well 4 are dead and we're still playing so I would guess 2 more.

that's 6 to start the game or 27% I can buy that number given the disadvantage they stated with.

of the 12 players left I think everyone would rule out path...most people would have at least 2-4 more people they feel are good...correct?

so that brings us to 8...of them 2 are bad.

let's start lining them up and killing them off...today
Old 06-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #3130
SnDvls
Pro Starter

unvote lathum
Old 06-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #3131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I never assumed there were four Necs. "We All" does not include me

Old 06-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #3132
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I have for votes as of Post #3131:

Lathum - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128)
Qwikshot - Saldana (3048), Lathum (3050)
King - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103)
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #3133
SnDvls
Pro Starter

ok thanks

voe qwikshot
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #3134
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola

vote qwikshot

correct spelling
Old 06-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #3135
Vince
Pro Starter

Aside from the fact that I'm in that group of 8 and don't like that idea by default, if we're wrong on any of our 'trusted' people, we're screwed. I think we can go about this in a better way.

I really wish Qwik were here to elaborate...

It seems we're probably going to lose saldana today/tonight (disease), we might be facing another kill, and if we lynch a good guy, we could go from 10-2 or 11-1 to 7-2 or 8-1. Pretty dramatic swing there.

My updated trust list...

Dead:
Bek (Initiate)
bulletsponge
Alan T

Chubby (Head Necromancer)

Passacaglia (Ruling Class)
st. cronin (Explorer)
Coffee Warlord (Ruling Class/Fanatic)
Blade (Mystic)
Swaggs (Ruling Class)
Fouts (Avatar)

Barkeep (Fanatic)

Alive:
kingfc22

Anxiety
Qwikshot
Tanglewood
Tyrith

Schmidty

Vince

Lathum

Dubb
SnDvls
Saldana
Path

Tyrith was awful quick to jump off my bandwagon, and I'm still not sure why. At this point, there's really only two groups...those people I trust, and those people I don't. And to be honest, paranoia is starting to get the best of me, as I'm not so sure I trust those on my trust list anymore.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #3136
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Jesus. So someone I'm not sold on as being good just completely and totally damns someone I supposedly trust, and now I have no idea what is going on.

Qwik, how do you account for Lathum raising the Avatar? I'm fairly certain that Fouts knew that Lathum raised him, and admitted such (I'm going to go back to look at posts to confirm this, but I'm about 99% sure this is the case). If that is the case, how can you be so sure that he is bad?

So you believe he raised Fouts? How sure are you about that, and even if he did, how sure are you that it would have benefited you?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #3137
Vince
Pro Starter

Where did Lathum go? I'd like to hear more of a rebuttal to Qwik's accusations, as well.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #3138
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Me too.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #3139
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Because the fanatics didn't do us any actual good this game. We lost TWO guys to a fanatic in exchange for killing one bad guy. Our mystic may have been booby-trapped from the beginning -- some prophecy thing? Ruling class aren't powerful roles. Prophecy probably has an alt. win condition -- and yes, I still think it's Lathum, it's just that killing him isn't in OUR win condition just yet. And a duke power on someone that won't have to use it to shield themselves is just a vote jacking without the pharaoh having any actual knowledge. Head necro got something like two free kills through disease, plus silence, plus whatever. Not to mention that we got quite lucky to get to this stage -- what if Bek is a good guy?

This is our last chance to protect path, lathum will take him down and the others with him...I cannot stress how dangerous he is...I've gone from covert to overt because he's gone to be very strong...think about it, he was dealing with the head necromancer...it is a series of checks and balances...the head necromancer is gone now, there is nothing to keep him in check...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #3140
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
So you believe he raised Fouts? How sure are you about that, and even if he did, how sure are you that it would have benefited you?

Well, the Avatar's only function is to help the good guys, and that's why I think he's good. Here's the two posts that convinced me that Lathum summoned the Avatar...they were BOTH posted at 3:09 PM on Day 5, so unless they have some kind of spooky luck to be around at the same time, they were communicating in some way, or Fouts knew that Lathum summoned him. The two posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum in post # 2242
ok, I didn't want to do this but...

I am basicly a normal villegar but I have a small role. I am a scavenger and I have the option of twice during the game to loot the possesions of the person who was just killed. I couldn't help but loot blades possesions and without directly quoting my PM i found his notes. They were open to the third page of a spell and I was given the option to complete the spell with 66% success, if I failed I would have been cursed and only had 3 days to live. I figured I may as well try it, hence fouts.

when he returnd from lunch I'm sure he will tell you it was I who sumoned him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts in post # 2243
Lathum knows I'm good, because Lathum summoned me.

I remember this, because they posted it at almost exactly the same time that I was voting for Dubb because I was very suspicious, paranoid and confused about what was going on. Care to tell me again how Lathum could be a bad guy and do that for us?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #3141
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm really just not seeing a reason to go Schmidty today.

Schmidty is clean...Lathum wants him dead, I do not know why.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #3142
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, the Avatar's only function is to help the good guys, and that's why I think he's good. Here's the two posts that convinced me that Lathum summoned the Avatar...they were BOTH posted at 3:09 PM on Day 5, so unless they have some kind of spooky luck to be around at the same time, they were communicating in some way, or Fouts knew that Lathum summoned him. The two posts:

I remember this, because they posted it at almost exactly the same time that I was voting for Dubb because I was very suspicious, paranoid and confused about what was going on. Care to tell me again how Lathum could be a bad guy and do that for us?

Lathum is not good...the Avatar would serve whoever raised him...You are so wrong about this. The avatar if raised by Lathum, would still serve to Lathum's purposes not the Egyptian....why would I expose myself like this...I was fine playing quiet...so you have to ask yourself, what advantage does this bring to me to do all of this...

Will you cast the doubt aside, and understand that this is bigger than you imagined?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #3143
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Private Roles - Egyptians: ... Avatar (does not start in game, new FOFC member when introduced): Lives for a max of three days. Cannot be a night kill. Night action includes a guard action.

So it cannot be killed at night, and can protect people, and is on the roster for the good guys in the rules. What about this is a bad thing? I have no idea why you would expose yourself like this, and I'd like to hear a good reason. Like I said, I doubt there are a ton of bad guys left, and we SHOULD still have an elite guard left (is there any possibility there wasn't one to begin with? That might be the balancing factor in the game...), so you shouldn't be worried so much about your role being revealed at this point. I'm having a hard time blindly following you when just about everything that Lathum has done points to "good guy."
Old 06-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #3144
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
So it cannot be killed at night, and can protect people, and is on the roster for the good guys in the rules. What about this is a bad thing? I have no idea why you would expose yourself like this, and I'd like to hear a good reason. Like I said, I doubt there are a ton of bad guys left, and we SHOULD still have an elite guard left (is there any possibility there wasn't one to begin with? That might be the balancing factor in the game...), so you shouldn't be worried so much about your role being revealed at this point. I'm having a hard time blindly following you when just about everything that Lathum has done points to "good guy."

You are blind then...kill me...really, I can't help you then.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #3145
Vince
Pro Starter

So far, just about everyone who has "known" something, yet been reluctant to reveal it, has been correct. I might be digging my own grave by being suspicious here, but damned if I'm not a paranoid bastard
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #3146
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Seriously, you guys want to hunt necros, yet I found out that Lathum was talking to the head necro and it's like heads in the sand...huh, what, don't understand how can he be bad...huh wha, he may be too powerful, there might be repurcussions....huh wha, he's not a necro, then he can't be all bad...

yet you discount blade's death, and has anyone seen saldana, is he alive or dead? These weren't done by chubby, I'm sure of it...

just wake up and open your eyes...
Old 06-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #3147
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Anxiety, did I not provide enough information about you to at least support the notion that I may be telling the truth?!?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #3148
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Because I will say this, any voting other than Lathum or myself is pussying out and should be up for suspicion.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #3149
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, so running with the ball that Qwikshot is trying to hand me...do you have any suspicion of Dubb? Dubb claims that Lathum believed that he was helping the villagers' cause. Could we be looking at more than 2 more bad guys?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #3150
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm starting to lean towards trusting Qwikshot. The play makes no sense for a bad guy at this stage in the game. I'm having a hard time believing there's more than 2 necromancers left, and with that being the case, a play like this is suicide if it's a lie. Anyone else have an opinion on this?