Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
hi Alan

*whisper* I see dead people *whisper*
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #2602
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Today's challenge will be another exercise in social psychology. I am going to list several words below. You must then submit 3 words that are associated with that word. So, for instance, if I said "Barry Bonds" you might say "Steroids, Giant, HRs". The goal is to match as many of your words as you can with your fellow Survivors. So if 3 people also said Steroids you'd get three points (meaning that each Survivor is going to get at least 21 points).

The words we have are:

Quote:
FOFC
Front Office Football
werewolf
kill
challenge
idol
spring training

Besides individual immunity our winner will get the right to communicate with two other players, of his choice, via PM, from the announcing of the winners to the end of the next challenge.

Your lists of 3 words and the two players you'd like to PM with if you win are due by 10 PM. Good luck! Survivors ready? Go!

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-20-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #2603
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Perhaps that could be true, but we seriously need to stop hunting around for people who "could be the converted wolf" That has hurt us more than anything else this game so far, especially the way the Howard tribe handled their tribal councils. People who throw around "so and so might be converted" as an arguement to vote for them when we "know" that there are at least two wolves alive and which 6 people those 2 wolves are in are doing nothing but hurting the good guys.

Alan, this statement from you, while completely ignoring the other reasons why KWhit could be a wolf (one of the original Lupus, was not nightkilled when the pattern appears that the wolves could only kill from the tribe that lost a challenge) makes me trust Lathum and Lathum over you.

I had already suspected you were a likely wolf, from the way you worked so hard to avoid being lynched and the way that you came out clean in the vote vs st. cronin, but trying to manipulate what I wrote by focusing in on one point, when I made it in context with six other points, makes me feel like you are trying to push things away from Anxiety/KWhit and on to me.

Quote:
It worries me some that you are doing that now as it makes me feel a bit worse about you than I did already. People need to focus on removing the wolves then worrying about the conversions (that may or may not still be around)

Again... out of context. I am giving you two candidates that each have a 50% chance of being a wolf and saying that I think the chance may be even greater than that, as there is a chance that the non-original wolf among them could have been converted. I then gave you good reasons why KWhit would have been a good candidate for the wolves to convert.

Quote:
I already said I plan on voting either you or Anxiety. I'm really interested in hearing Lathum and Sndvls' opinions on both of you. I won't be voting Kwhit today.

What has KWhit done to get a free pass from you, that Anxiety and I have not? And what kind of information did your reward provide you?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #2604
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all. A few things of helpfulness!

AlanT: I was the first one in Lupus to begin to post my votes publicly back in the tribal thread. No sense being coy.

Swaggs: I fully expected you to vote for me whether or not you are a wolf - it makes sense either way. You'll note that the reverse is true of me as well.

AlanT: I'm befuddled that you want to go after Swaggs or me. From my perspective, Kwhit and Swaggs each have a 50/50 chance of being the wolf, but I believe after watching players that one of those is more likely to be en-wolfed than the other. On teh other haned, from your perspective, we are 1 outta three. Yet you have a 50/50 shot at Lathum or SnDvls, assuming you are not a wolf. So why push for a one outta three instead of a 50/50? The same logic that applies to Swaggs pushing for me should apply to you pushing for Lathum/SnDvls.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #2605
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Today's challenge will be another exercise in social psychology. I am going to list several words below. You must then submit 3 words that are associated with that word. So, for instance, if I said "Barry Bonds" you might say "Steroids, Giant, HRs". The goal is to match as many of your words as you can with your fellow Survivors. So if 3 people also said Steroids you'd get three points (meaning that each Survivor is going to get at least 21 points).

The words we have are:

Besides individual immunity our winner will get the right to communicate with two other players, of his choice, via PM, from the announcing of the winners to the end of the next challenge.

Your lists of 3 words and the two players you'd like to PM with if you win are due by 10 PM. Good luck! Survivors ready? Go!

Will it be publicly known who you can pm after you win? I really like this prize!

-Anxiety

Old 02-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #2606
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Alan, this statement from you, while completely ignoring the other reasons why KWhit could be a wolf (one of the original Lupus, was not nightkilled when the pattern appears that the wolves could only kill from the tribe that lost a challenge) makes me trust Lathum and Lathum over you.

You can trust Lathum if you want more than me. However I can't be voted today, so I figured this would be a good day to try to get my point across. So far this game no one has listened to my opinions and people chose to go and vote off Oz members or other random folks who were not our best path of success. In all of the happenings, I haven't been able to see alot of what Kwhit or Anxiety had done or posted in their personal tribal threads however what I have seen from Kwhit does not scream wolf to me at all.

I have no problem going through the motions of voting out all of Lupus members if thats what you want, however we have to start somewhere and of the three I think kwhit has seemed the least guilty. Could he have been converted? Sure he could have been. I've been very public for many days on my thoughts on who was converted but I think no one agrees with me on that either, however I'm being pretty consistant with my thinking.

Quote:
I had already suspected you were a likely wolf, from the way you worked so hard to avoid being lynched and the way that you came out clean in the vote vs st. cronin, but trying to manipulate what I wrote by focusing in on one point, when I made it in context with six other points, makes me feel like you are trying to push things away from Anxiety/KWhit and on to me.

I don't see how you can say this exactly as I've been pretty clear for days that you would have been my first target in the Helsing tribe if we ever got to a vote. This isn't something I just came up with. I've mentioned it in this thread, I mentioned it there when asked. Did you think I was just saying that for my health? I have meant everything I've said this game. I'm in a position now where I'm not afraid so am going with my guts instead of watching everyone else vote off Oz members, or force us to vote off Oz members.

Quote:
Again... out of context. I am giving you two candidates that each have a 50% chance of being a wolf and saying that I think the chance may be even greater than that, as there is a chance that the non-original wolf among them could have been converted. I then gave you good reasons why KWhit would have been a good candidate for the wolves to convert.

I think anything is a possibility for a conversion, however back 6-7 days ago it would have been a very gutsy play to choose 1 of the 3 lupus members whom everyone -SHOULD- have been going for to make them a conversion. From the get go I have said I would go after that lupus chance, and if not for the howard tribe doing all kinds of goofy things with their votes, we wouldn't even be in this situation. I highly doubt that more than 1 lupus member is a wolf, and right now I'm thinking its either you or Anxiety. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it on this one.

Quote:
What has KWhit done to get a free pass from you, that Anxiety and I have not? And what kind of information did your reward provide you?

Once again, Kwhit willingly gave an idol over to Oz for the seer to have without knowing if its the fake idol or the real wolf protection. Then the wolves turn around and kill the seer right after. I find it pretty unlikely that occurs if Kwhit is the wolf. Perhaps he is the wolf and it was a great play by him to fool me, but I doubt it. So thats one thing he has done that you and Anxiety have not.

Also I don't plan on saying what my reward does for me as it could be useful later. Telling what it does completely removes its worth for the good guys and only helps the wolves. Pressing me on this only will make me more convinced that you are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

AlanT: I was the first one in Lupus to begin to post my votes publicly back in the tribal thread. No sense being coy.

Swaggs: I fully expected you to vote for me whether or not you are a wolf - it makes sense either way. You'll note that the reverse is true of me as well.

AlanT: I'm befuddled that you want to go after Swaggs or me. From my perspective, Kwhit and Swaggs each have a 50/50 chance of being the wolf, but I believe after watching players that one of those is more likely to be en-wolfed than the other. On teh other haned, from your perspective, we are 1 outta three. Yet you have a 50/50 shot at Lathum or SnDvls, assuming you are not a wolf. So why push for a one outta three instead of a 50/50? The same logic that applies to Swaggs pushing for me should apply to you pushing for Lathum/SnDvls.

-Anxiety

Sure I have a 50/50 guess on Lathum/Sndvls, but it would be entirely a guess as well. I also feel I have a 50/50 on you and Swaggs. If you have noticed, I asked Lathum and Sndvls their opinions on you and Swaggs to help me try to get a better read out of them and figure out who I think the more likely candidate is. So far Lathum posted very little, and Sndvls popped in and left without commenting at all. I've said for days that this is what move I would make once I finally had a tribal council that you all didn't try to frame the vote in. So why is it suprising that I am doing what I have said I would for over a week?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #2607
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

-Anxiety

Anxiety, good points. I certainly expect you and KWhit to vote for me or the other former Lupus member.

Alan wanted us to all come out publically with who we voted for when he and st. cronin were on the block and has repeatedly brought it up. I don't think he intended that point for anyone on your team.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #2608
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxiety, good points. I certainly expect you and KWhit to vote for me or the other former Lupus member.

Alan wanted us to all come out publically with who we voted for when he and st. cronin were on the block and has repeatedly brought it up. I don't think he intended that point for anyone on your team.

Why wouldn't we want our thoughts public here? I did the same thing in Helsing tribe and am saying the same here. The only thing we have to go on is what people's voting patterns are. If those are hidden, then we don't even have that to go on. Unless you have something to hide.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #2609
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, if you were so intent on kicking me out of the game, why didn't you just coordinate Helsing to lose one of the challenges and vote for me? You were clearly the workhorse of the team, seemed to be sweating profusely when you were up for the vote (and cannot seem to get over the fact that I wouldn't tell you who I was voting for), and now you have a 50/50 shot to take out a wolf from the old Helsing team, and you are taking a stab in the dark against Lupus.

Is it because you think there is a chance that I have one of the remaining idols and have a chance being of being safe against a wolf attack? I think it is.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #2610
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Will it be publicly known who you can pm after you win? I really like this prize!

-Anxiety
Yes it will be publicly known. Also the communication only goes between the winner and each of the people he selects. The two people he selects may not PM with each, nor may they have a direct 3 way conversation.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #2611
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, if you were so intent on kicking me out of the game, why didn't you just coordinate Helsing to lose one of the challenges and vote for me? You were clearly the workhorse of the team, seemed to be sweating profusely when you were up for the vote (and cannot seem to get over the fact that I wouldn't tell you who I was voting for), and now you have a 50/50 shot to take out a wolf from the old Helsing team, and you are taking a stab in the dark against Lupus.

Is it because you think there is a chance that I have one of the remaining idols and have a chance being of being safe against a wolf attack? I think it is.

Actually my assumption based on what you told us is that those two idols no longer are in the game. You led us to believe that Blade died with one.. not sure why you are changing the story now.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #2612
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Why wouldn't we want our thoughts public here? I did the same thing in Helsing tribe and am saying the same here. The only thing we have to go on is what people's voting patterns are. If those are hidden, then we don't even have that to go on. Unless you have something to hide.

Here are my thoughts on that vote. Coming over as the only member from my former tribe, I wanted to survive through the two-tribe round, so I voted for st. cronin, because I knew our team had a better chance of winning challenge (re: keeping me alive and advancing) than it if we voted you off. Since, at the time, you seemed like a longshot to be a wolf and you were doing so much work, I wanted to keep you around so we would win challenges. However, I didn't want to make my vote public, as I didn't want to ruffle any feathers if I voted for the person who had remained.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #2613
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

dola and in fact, I remember saying that part of me feels a bit better knowing you didn't have one as it helped me feel a bit safer about you. If you had held onto it instead of giving it to the seer would have been a big clue off for me that you were a wolf.

(Especially seeing as how the seer died the first chance you had)
Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #2614
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, here is my last bit on this and then I am done playing for the day because I have been on the chopping block since day 3 of this game, it is getting tiring going through the same crap every day and I really don't care if you guys want to vote me off:

I am not a wolf. If you do not want the wolves to win, do not vote for me, as you have a 0% chance of killing a wolf. If you lynch Anxiety or KWhit, you have a 50% (or better if there was a conversion).

If you are not a wolf, you should vote for one of your former Helsing teammates, as that will give you an absolute 50% chance of killing a wolf.

If you are a wolf, do whatever you like, because I think you guys are going to win after the lynch anyway.

I am voting for Anxiety, because I feel like he is the best bet, of my choices, to get a wolf. You have been, purportedly, playing the odds this entire game, yet you are considering going for a 1/3 over a 1/2 chance and that stinks of wolf to me, but I am not going to worry about it, since you are safe today.

Everyone else, please look at my posts 2596 and 2597 for my clear analysis, rather than Alan's picking and choosing through those points.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #2615
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

BK - Is AlanT immune from lynching, wolf attacks or both?

AlanT - I thought you were immune from wolf attacks, that's why BK said that it is possible someone to be both immune and still voted off.

Also, there is a difference between you think you have a fifty/fifty with me and Swaggs and you know you have a fifty/fifty with Lathum/SnDvls (assuming you are a villager). It's continuing to be interesting to me that you would work off an assumption to get to 50/50 as opposed to working a 50/50 where no guesses or assumptions are made.

To be fair, I think you are right about KWhit, but that's the key to the argument, right. I can only *think* you are right about KWhit just like you do. But, if you are a villager, you *know* it's either one or the other in your tribe.

All: Well, it should be an interesting day all around, shoudn't it?

-Anxiety

Old 02-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #2616
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, here is my last bit on this and then I am done playing for the day because I have been on the chopping block since day 3 of this game, it is getting tiring going through the same crap every day and I really don't care if you guys want to vote me off:

I am not a wolf. If you do not want the wolves to win, do not vote for me, as you have a 0% chance of killing a wolf. If you lynch Anxiety or KWhit, you have a 50% (or better if there was a conversion).

If you are not a wolf, you should vote for one of your former Helsing teammates, as that will give you an absolute 50% chance of killing a wolf.

If you are a wolf, do whatever you like, because I think you guys are going to win after the lynch anyway.

I am voting for Anxiety, because I feel like he is the best bet, of my choices, to get a wolf. You have been, purportedly, playing the odds this entire game, yet you are considering going for a 1/3 over a 1/2 chance and that stinks of wolf to me, but I am not going to worry about it, since you are safe today.

Everyone else, please look at my posts 2596 and 2597 for my clear analysis, rather than Alan's picking and choosing through those points.

Totally understand the vote, no hard feelings. And, of course, my early leaning is to vote you as well. It's possible that something could happen to change that, obviously, but for now, I'm pretty sure that's where my vote will go.

-Anxiety

Old 02-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #2617
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BK - Is AlanT immune from lynching, wolf attacks or both?

AlanT - I thought you were immune from wolf attacks, that's why BK said that it is possible someone to be both immune and still voted off.

Also, there is a difference between you think you have a fifty/fifty with me and Swaggs and you know you have a fifty/fifty with Lathum/SnDvls (assuming you are a villager). It's continuing to be interesting to me that you would work off an assumption to get to 50/50 as opposed to working a 50/50 where no guesses or assumptions are made.

To be fair, I think you are right about KWhit, but that's the key to the argument, right. I can only *think* you are right about KWhit just like you do. But, if you are a villager, you *know* it's either one or the other in your tribe.

All: Well, it should be an interesting day all around, shoudn't it?

-Anxiety

I believe BK is referring to the fact that someone today could win the challenge and still be voted off today as the immunity is for tommorrow.

And its perfectly fine with me if you want to think I'm a wolf. I don't care if everyone thinks that.. If that is the case, then it would make no sense for people to vote for anyone else in helsing since you can't vote for me.

That would leave people the options of either voting for path (when we don't know if the howard wolf is still even alive), or voting for one of the Lupus members. I'm not pushing any one person right now and have openly asked for other people's opinions. I also would be interested in hearing what path has to say about Anxiety and/or Swaggs.

Think I'm a wolf, don't think I'm a wolf I don't really care What I do care about is what people think about the lupus members today. Whether or not I disagree or agree with Swaggs at least he has given his thoughts which is more than you so far other than your brief attacks at me.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #2618
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Think I'm a wolf, don't think I'm a wolf I don't really care What I do care about is what people think about the lupus members today. Whether or not I disagree or agree with Swaggs at least he has given his thoughts which is more than you so far other than your brief attacks at me.

I think you need to read this thread more if you think I haven't given my thoughts. Go back to Saturday, which is probbably just one page before this one. Nothing's changed, at least not yet.

-Anxiety

Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #2619
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Im also the only person this entire game to publish a trust list. How is that not giving my thoughts?

-Anxiety

Old 02-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #2620
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If you go back and look, you and I had conversation on Saturday and I gave all of my thoughts there. My main curiosity with you is that you attack me today for saying the same things I said two days ago. I don't think I've changed my opinion much..

and as for you being the only person to publish a trust list, thats nonsense.. unless you don't read my posts. I'm pretty sure I gave detailed thoughts on everyone left.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #2621
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
mental note: next game vote off west coast people first so I have people to talk to in the mornings

Hey!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #2622
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan is safe from tribal council now and wolf attacks tonight.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #2623
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan is safe from tribal council now and wolf attacks tonight.

It's double immunity!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #2624
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you go back and look, you and I had conversation on Saturday and I gave all of my thoughts there. My main curiosity with you is that you attack me today for saying the same things I said two days ago. I don't think I've changed my opinion much..

and as for you being the only person to publish a trust list, thats nonsense.. unless you don't read my posts. I'm pretty sure I gave detailed thoughts on everyone left.

I'm not *attacking* you, I'm questioning you. There's an obvious difference. I;m not saying, I beleive AlanT is a wolf, nor am I saying AlanT is a liar. I;m simply questioning, which , since you are doing the same, is obviously pertinent.

-Anxiety

Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #2625
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola...

I will add that I will almost certainly be voting for Anxiety because he worked his butt off on the wikipedia challenge, when KWhit and I were pretty lethargic and pretty much willing to let it go without an entry.

I don;t think this is a legit reason, though, Swaggs. What you mentioned before is, but working hard on a WW challenge that has a lasting impact outside the game and is beneficial for the ciommunity is not an appropriate benchmark. In fact, if I hadn;t worked hard on it, I would have felt bad, like I had let the community and the foums down.

In other news, SkyDog said that WWers don;t contribute to the forum and the community that;s why no posts count. This was a way to prove him wrong, and I was proud to be able to assist in that. This is just a game, but hat challenge was way more than that.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #2626
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not *attacking* you, I'm questioning you. There's an obvious difference. I;m not saying, I beleive AlanT is a wolf, nor am I saying AlanT is a liar. I;m simply questioning, which , since you are doing the same, is obviously pertinent.

-Anxiety

I'm mainly curious why neither you or Swaggs questioned me until today though. Its not like my thoughts have been secret. I've said the same thing for quite a while. And relooking back over the Saturday topic, I said all of the same stuff then.

I guess it may not be overly fair, but today I'm far more interested in what Lathum, Sndvls and path have to say than your or Swaggs defenses. I'm pretty undecided on who I will vote for tonight, but the discussion is what I'm looking for I suppose. I'm curious about things other people may have seen that I didn't pick up on.

Its ironic that everyone in the merged howard tribe was killed/voted off except the two who I said should have gone first
Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #2627
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

AlanT , I can;t speak for Swaggs, I think he should have been questioning you in your tribe thread, but this is the first time we've been together starting yesterday, but it is NOT the first time I've questioned you here. On Saturday, you posted that you had opinions, I specifically asked what those opinions were. I questioned you, and you responded. That's consistant across the board.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #2628
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hey guys.

IMO it is hard to put a traditional trust list together since we don't really know what half of the people in the game have been saying. I also have focused most of my efforts into challenges but here are a few thoughts.

I can see myself voting Path today since he is the lone survivor from his tribe.

Unless I am wrong Kwhit has been non existent lately, it seems he checked out of the game after he gave the idol away and we started talking about eliminating his whole tribe. This isn't something a wolf would do.

Sndvls has been pretty under the radar but I am wondering if Tyrith went nuts because he had a cool role and was pissed about the way things went down

AlanT has been AlanT, helpfull and into the game, maybe he has tried a little to hard in the challenges but that is his personality.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #2629
path12
Coordinator

I have no problem with talking in thread about my vote, but we should point out that we should take anyone's pronouncments with a grain of salt -- the tribal votes are anonymous, so there's no way to match what someone says in thread with how they actually vote.

My thought process for where I'm going is what I said last night in response to hoops' question, and I think Alan and I agree here -- I am not going to worry about who is or is not converted at this point. We know two things only: There is a wolf in the KWhit/Anxiety/Swaggs trio and a wolf in the Alan/SnDvls/Lathum trio. I haven't been in the same tribe with KWhit and Anxiety at all until now so I don't have a great read on them. Swaggs has not given me a wolf vibe, but I don't think that means much -- all of us left have the ability to play a wolf well.

In the other trio, I've been trying to figure it out for four days now and keep going back and forth. If I had to rank most to least likely right now I'd say Lathum/SnDvls/Alan but that's really open to change.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #2630
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I have no problem with talking in thread about my vote, but we should point out that we should take anyone's pronouncments with a grain of salt -- the tribal votes are anonymous, so there's no way to match what someone says in thread with how they actually vote.

My thought process for where I'm going is what I said last night in response to hoops' question, and I think Alan and I agree here -- I am not going to worry about who is or is not converted at this point. We know two things only: There is a wolf in the KWhit/Anxiety/Swaggs trio and a wolf in the Alan/SnDvls/Lathum trio. I haven't been in the same tribe with KWhit and Anxiety at all until now so I don't have a great read on them. Swaggs has not given me a wolf vibe, but I don't think that means much -- all of us left have the ability to play a wolf well.

In the other trio, I've been trying to figure it out for four days now and keep going back and forth. If I had to rank most to least likely right now I'd say Lathum/SnDvls/Alan but that's really open to change.

I thought about that, but I guess I do hope a wolf says one thing and votes another. It would give us a papertrail to track down, but the more info the better.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #2631
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
AlanT , I can;t speak for Swaggs, I think he should have been questioning you in your tribe thread, but this is the first time we've been together starting yesterday, but it is NOT the first time I've questioned you here. On Saturday, you posted that you had opinions, I specifically asked what those opinions were. I questioned you, and you responded. That's consistant across the board.

Yes, but the point is the things you have a problem with today that I said, I actually said the majority of them well before today. Some of which you may not have had access to if it was in our tribe thread, but Swaggs did. However alot of this I said in response to you on Saturday and you didn't bring any of it up until today. Thats my definition of laying low and trying to let the storm pass.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #2632
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought about that, but I guess I do hope a wolf says one thing and votes another. It would give us a papertrail to track down, but the more info the better.

Totally agree

Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #2633
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
So far Lathum posted very little, and Sndvls popped in and left without commenting at all. I've said for days that this is what move I would make once I finally had a tribal council that you all didn't try to frame the vote in. So why is it suprising that I am doing what I have said I would for over a week?

sorry haven't had a whole lot of time to comment on this as I was gone from work yesterday and am just now trying to catch up on this thread.

I'll give you a comment, but it will be later today for sure once I'm caught up at work.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #2634
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I can see myself voting Path today since he is the lone survivor from his tribe.

What would your reasonings for this be? Just to ensure we got rid of that wolf from that tribe? In my mind its no gurantuee that Jonathan wasn't that wolf, or even ntn or marathoner.

My worst case scenerio right now is:

Kwhit, Anxiety, Swaggs, path, Sndvls, Lathum, me alive (7 people)

Lupus, Howard,Helsing and Converted wolf alive still giving the wolves a majority.

With the way things have been playing I don't think this is the case or otherwise they could impose their will as they want on the vote.

My guess is that we have 7 people, 3 wolves. So either the howard tribe wolf or the converted wolf (or possibly both) are dead. THats why today's vote is important to try to get a wolf, and the only two sure places to do that is either in the helsing tribe or lupus tribe.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #2635
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Obviously I don't think that's a good vote, but mainly because it goes back to what I just said above: You KNOW there's a wolf in the old Helsing and the old Lupus. Why would that not be the priority instead of taking a shot in the dark that I might be a wolf? (which I'm not).
Old 02-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #2636
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What can I say, I am thourogh.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #2637
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

And obviously a vote on Path is a throw away so I am not making it.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #2638
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The more I think about it I am leaning towards anxiety as a wolf. I stated above why I think it can't be kwhit. I am not sold on sndvls and since I know I am not a wolf and I can not vote on Alan Anxiety seems most logical.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #2639
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I
In other news, SkyDog said that WWers don;t contribute to the forum and the community that;s why no posts count. This was a way to prove him wrong, and I was proud to be able to assist in that. This is just a game, but hat challenge was way more than that.

I hadn't thought of that challenge that way, but now that you mention it. I know I also didn't think of it as work as some had mentioned either.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #2640
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I've changed my mind a bit how I was going to play today. My apologies to Swaggs for being so rough on him. I just needed a good counterpoint to Anxiety for my ideas.

Basically I chose the list as my reward last night. I assumed my options were either: "The list" which would be some help in finding wolves, or "The item" which would be some protection from wolves. I wanted it to come out like I had no further info than before in hopes it would scare the wolves away from me till the end. I really would like to win it all after all.

I sat and looked at the possible scenerios, and think its probably too dangerous for me to do it this way, so going to explain my actions a bit. This list had 10 players names on it. My assumption is its the first 10 who volunteered when barkeep asked for names and this list is the one the wolves were chosen from (randomly?) I was given the list alphabetically so can't gain anything else from it.

So going into today, I was thinking I was protected from wolf attack last night but not tonight. Now I understand I'm protected for tonight so that helps me even more. Basically my biggest fear is that we haven't gotten the convert and he is out there somewhere.

So here are the names from my list:

Anxiety
Ardent
Blade
Golden
Jonathan
Ntn
Path
Raiders
Schmidty
Tyrith

You can see it has 4 members from Oz (Ardent, Raiders, Goldeneagle, Schmidty), 2 members from Lupus (Blade, Anxiety), 3 members from Howard (Path, Ntndeacon, Jonathan) and only 1 Helsing member (Tyrith who now is Sndvls).

Based off of that, I assume that the Oz wolf was Raiders, Lupus wolf is Anxiety, Helsing wolf is Sndvls and the only one I'm unsure on is Howard as it could be Path or might have been someone else.

I was hoping to hold this info until after this vote to see who might be converted and try to push things a different direction. I guess in my mind though we likely have 3 wolves left, but it could only be 2 possibly. If its 4-3 right now we don't have time for me to try to hunt down possible converts based on their actions today. We have to stay one step ahead of the wolves each day or they control the vote.

So once again today, I feel pretty good about Swaggs and Lathum, Sndvls continues to make me uneasy, and Path I feel good about as well, but that could be dangerous.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #2641
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I think his stance on that is moronic anyway. Just for shits and giggles I went through the top 100 posters and 24 of them are people who play or have played WW. That doesn't count myself who is just on the outside and I probably missed a few others.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:30 AM   #2642
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan, assuming you are on the level with this why not go for Sndvls?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #2643
SnDvls
Pro Starter

alan - 2 questions
1) what have I done that has made you so uneasy? I won the bid challenge all on my own pretty much.
2) you can't hold against me something I never did. I'm not a wolf and if Tyrith volenterred I know nothing about it.

if I was a wolf I would have tried to get rid of you at the St. C vote since the votes would have been private. I never did.

I've been loyal to the Original Helsing tribe from the begining and contiune through today. I won't be voting Lathum or Alan tonight regardless.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #2644
SnDvls
Pro Starter

DOLA - there are many other things I could have done if I was a wolf

like PM BK false answers to a challenge to throw it...never happened
Old 02-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #2645
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, assuming you are on the level with this why not go for Sndvls?

Main reason is because I'd been saying for days and days that I was going to go for Anxiety or Swaggs. I didn't want it to look like I had gotten any further info on people last night to keep the wolves away thinking I chose the item instead. I figured giving the option of Swaggs vs Anxiety would give two reasonable choices for villagers to decide between while being most likely a bad guy vs good guy match up for wolves to deal with. (I can't for the life of me think of any reason Swaggs would have been converted at that time. Kwhit would have been before Swaggs most likely).

If I had chosen sndvls, my fear would be that the villagers would have to decide between me (who they couldn't vote for), you (most likely good, but possible convert) or sndvls. While the wolves only had to choose whichever way to save sndvls they wanted. It seemed like a much easier approach to keep on the same plan and try to lure in a convert along the way.

I changed my mind midway though, figuring its probably best to release the info I'm basing my vote for today on.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #2646
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
alan - 2 questions
1) what have I done that has made you so uneasy? I won the bid challenge all on my own pretty much.

We've said plenty of times that we didn't feel the wolves would go out of their way to try to throw one of those early challenges, especially the way that it happened. It was much easier for the wolves to sit back and watch Pass and Gramm attack each other over it.

Quote:
2) you can't hold against me something I never did. I'm not a wolf and if Tyrith volenterred I know nothing about it.

I don't know that this list is people who volunteered. I just said I assumed thats how Barkeep chose the wolves he went off of the first 10 who volunteered.

Quote:
if I was a wolf I would have tried to get rid of you at the St. C vote since the votes would have been private. I never did.

Unless what I said at the time is true and it was a villager vs villager matchup to which point you easily would have voted cronin to remove an Oz member who wasn't an original wolf, who wouldn't receive votes from us if we went to tribal council and could choose, while leaving me who there could be a possibility of being an original wolf at the time.

Quote:
I've been loyal to the Original Helsing tribe from the begining and contiune through today. I won't be voting Lathum or Alan tonight regardless.

I gave our wolf the option back nearly 10 days ago to work with us, he chose not to. I said if he gave up the other wolves at the time, maybe we could work out an allegiance and it never happened. You wern't very loyal to Mr.W , Pass or Gramm when they died it seems!

Quote:
DOLA - there are many other things I could have done if I was a wolf

like PM BK false answers to a challenge to throw it...never happened

Once again, finding that out would have been easy and would have outed you for throwing the challenge.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #2647
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This list had 10 players names on it. My assumption is its the first 10 who volunteered when barkeep asked for names and this list is the one the wolves were chosen from (randomly?) I was given the list alphabetically so can't gain anything else from it.

Was there any description at all given by BK when he sent you the list to lead you to this assumption or was it just a list of players with no explanation at all?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #2648
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I dunno Alan, I can shoot alot of holes in your list
Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #2649
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Was there any description at all given by BK when he sent you the list to lead you to this assumption or was it just a list of players with no explanation at all?

Nah he didn't say the names were taken from the ones who volunteered. That was my assumption that this was the first 10 who volunteered.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #2650
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dunno Alan, I can shoot alot of holes in your list

Well, thats the risk we'll have to take I suppose. I haven't lied this game about any of this. Even the day I had my publicized slipup with Path's info I didn't lie or try to cover it. Like I said if we are 4-3 right now, we can't really take the chance on trying to take a guess at a convert or path right now.

We need to remove Anxiety and Sndvls and then see if there are still wolves around to remove.