Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

NCAA Football WIS World Cup 2018

I am going to go ahead and do another football World Cup, simply because I enjoy doing them. WIS obviously doesn't have the 2018 NCAA Football teams up yet, but I can start setting up groups and stuff. As per usual, I will do round robin into bracket play. This year will be a little different though, as with 130 NCAA FB teams this season, I only have 2 viable options if I want to give every team a minimum of 3 or 4 games. I'm going to list those options and see what you guys think. Neither one of them is great, but they are both different from anything I've done before.

Option 1: 26 groups, 5 teams in a group. Top 2 teams in each group advance to bracket play, with the top 12 3rd place teams getting wildcard spots. First 25 groups would feature a top 25 team, last group wouldn't. This would give each team a minimum of 4 games.

Option 2: 13 groups, 10 teams in a group. Top 4 teams in each group advance to bracket play, and all but one 5th place team would advance as well. 12 of the 13 groups would feature 2 top 25 teams, and the last group would feature 1. This would give each team a minimum of 9 games.

I'm partial to Option 1 myself, even though every week would see one team having a bye. It would make the wildcard race much more interesting. What do you guys think? Can you see any other viable option for making this work with 130 teams? Thanks.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote