Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We start with 104 points. Let’s see what we can do with it:

We put up support first. They offer straight support, and I counter with 50% battle loss compensation. 69 points left.

They put up remuneration and pull out ten points for that.

I put up Support while we still have over 50 points, in case they offer Shared Rights. Then I can counter with full salvage. They offer Exchange, and we counter with Shared. 49 points left.

They offer us a 3.7 salary. 24 points.

I put up length. They offer a four month contract, and I dicker them to two months. 14 points.

They offer independent command to pull out ten more points.

Finally I put up transport rights. They offer 40% reimbursement, giving us 15 points and putting us at 19. I counter it up to 50%, and we end with 14 points, giving us a 7% signing bonus.

I take it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trinity Company:

Offer #1: Lyran wants a Garrison contract. No thanks

Offer #2: The Taurian Condordat wants a garrison contract. No thanks.

Offer #3: The Free Worlds League wants a Security contract. Hmm. Where?

Drusibacken, a minor planet is in the heart of the Free Worlds League is part of the Ohren Province, but past most of their holdings. It’s about eight jumps away. The FWL has had problems with small planets declaring independence in the wake of the Andurien declaration, and they expect that independently minded rebels to attack in the next few months due to the distance between the heart of the Ohren Province. It will take a while to get regular military to the planet, so Marik wants to get some mercenaries to secure the world until major troops arrive. There might not even be a rebellion, but if there is, we need to be there.

Since the other two contracts suck, we’ll be taking this one.

We have 66 points to play with. We start with length of contract. They offer six months, and we can drop that to four, but no further. 56 points.

They put salary on the table and immediately take out 25 points and give us a 3.4 salary modifier. 31 points left.

I toss up salvage before it comes off. They offer Exchange Rights. After consideration, I decide to take it. I want to save points for somewhere else. 36 points.

They put up Command rights, and offer a liaison, 36 points.

I put up transport. They offer 40% compensation. I counter it up to 50%. 46 points.

They put up remuneration and offer it to us. 36 points.

We put up support and they offer straight support. I counter with battle loss at 50%, 1 point left.

0.5% bonus.

Let’s play with the Trinity Company first, I want to get my hands wet.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 20, 3035 - Trinity Company arrives at Drusibachen and is here for four months. Us and a local militia are the only forces on the planet. In four months, Marik forces will arrive to secure the location. What I will do is roll each month. On a result of 8 or higher, a result will take place during that month.

Month One - Rolled a 7. Nothing.

Month Two - Rolled a 10. Riot.

The local militia is sympathetic to the rebel cause. As such, they join the opposition and we have to fight against them.

We have the following enemies:

Chameleon
MAD-3M Marauder
Griffin
Wolverine 6M
Ostroc
Atlas
Hermes II
Stinger
Hunchback
Wasp
Locust 1M
Shadow Hawk
Rifleman

They have a company of mechs, and a local had found a Chameleon mech. I roll and the troops are regular (except for the Chameleon which is green). Chameleons are a 50 ton mech designed for training exercises. Simulation pods can only get you so for. The mech has long and short range weapons and good speed., plus jumping.

I’m surprised that it took me so long to roll up a Marauder. It’s a pretty common mech at 75 tons. It normally packs a pair of PPCs, an AC5 and a couple of medium lasers. It also lacks heat sinks with just 16. This variant swaps the PPCs for large lasers enabling it to add four heat sinks.

The Locust 1M variant is that crappy one with the two LRM5s and one ton of armor.

The Ostroc is the third of the rare Ostmann mechs, but it is more common than the other two, and the blueprints have been purchased by another firm, perhaps to build them again one day. It’s a 60 ton mech with an LRM5, two medium lasers, and two large lasers.

The 6M variant of the Wolverine sports a large laser instead of an AC5. It gets an extra ton of ammo, two extra heat sinks and a second medium laser from the switch. It’s a much better design than the normal one.

We are fighting by the swamps

Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go.

On the first turn we exchange fire. I take attacks of opportunity instead of forcing our troops to fight in a certain direction.

Their Stinger skids and falls on the road going through the swamp when he tries to change directions while running. Looks like we’ll be concentrating fire mostly on their Marauder this round. The AC20 on the Atlas blows off the RA of their Ostroc. That’s all that happened.

This turn I’m focusing on the damaged Ostroc. A Trebuchet hit’s the Ostroc’s large laser and LRM5.

A Trebuchet takes out the RT on the Ostroc. Then our Ostsol destroys its Center Torso section and the mech is down. Our Ostscout falls after getting kicked, which is deadly for it. The Chameleon needed to roll a 9 to kick it, and then the Ostscout piloted needed just a 3 to avoid falling and he fell. Crazy.

I stand our Ostscout back up and run it into light woods. Their Marauder slices the head of the Hatchetman and it falls to the ground. That’s a mechwarrior who died in their first outing with us. A Trebuchet hit’s the Marauder’s hip actuator. The Atlas adds a lower leg and foot actuator. The Marauder falls and hit’s the hip and upper leg actuator on the other leg. That mech isn’t going anywhere.

A Trebuchet blasts the RL off their Stinger. The LA of the Marauder is destroyed by the Grand Dragon. Their Stinger falls and takes some damage.

The 7th round arrives. I order the Ostscout to charge the Atlas, it will deal 31 damage to the Atlas if it hits, and take 10 itself. Weapons fire happens first, so if the Ostscout falls or the Atlas does, the attack is canceled. Their Atlas manages to hit a 10 and hits with the AC20 on the Ostscout, tearing off the LT and leaving the LA on the ground. A Trebuchet destroys their Stinger. The Grand Dragon destroys the LT of their Marauder. Their Hermes II hits our Wasp’s RA lower arm actuator and medium laser. Their Atlas misses the kick on the Ostscout and it hits. 31 damage to the Atlas. Afterwards, we both fall down.. Charging is always exciting.

I order the Ostscout to jump up and flee the battlefield. It is far faster than anything else on the field and gets away easily. They are content to focus on me. Our Catapults hit’s the AC20 on the Hunchy. Exchange of fire other than that.

Our Phoenix runs behind their Rifleman’s back and hits an AC5, Large Laser and Medium Laser. Lieutenant Elizabeth Smythe destroys the Marauder’s engine, taking it out of the fight. The Ostsol destroys the Hunchy’s RT, causing its RA to fall off. Then he destroys its center torso.

The next turn, a Trebuchet lights the Hermes II ammo on fire and it explodes. Boom! Our Phoenix just fires two medium lasers and two machine guns at their untouched Locust and hit’s a gyro and engine. We savaged the Atlas that turn.

The next turn, the other Trebuchet destroys the Atlas’s head. More fire is exchanged.

And with that they surrender. The rebels just lost their leader, and have half of their mechs destroyed, with their Rifleman and Locust and Wasp all damaged significantly. Our Atlas is untouched, as is the Grand Dragon, both Trebuchets, and Locust. They know when they are beat, and as rebels, they won’t fight as long as others would. All surrendered mechs are turned over to Marik.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #205
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Nice win, ouchie about the Hatchetman dying so quick.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah. I'm currently on an interview in Kuntucky, btw, so I won't be back until Thurs evening.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Computer broke down, porbably the power supply. Be back when it is.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #208
Tellistto
College Prospect

Hope it's nothing more serious. Looking forward to more when you get back up and running again.

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #209
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My desktop should be fixied tomorrow tnight and we can get this back on teh road.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Salvage:

Marauder - Engine x3, RT, RA, five actuators.

Hunchback - CT?, RT

Atlas - H

Ostroc - RA, RT, CT?

To Repair:

Hatchetman - H

Ostscout - LT

Wasp - RA actuator and ML.

It will take about 25 tons of armor and a lot of ammo to restock our squad.

25,000 armor
420,000 ammo
10,000 replace ML in Wasp
850,000 replacement parts for Hatchetman and Ostscout.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:00 PM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have an Exchange Contract, so I’ll make this quick:

Current Value:

Marauder: 5,630,000
Hunchy: 2,450,000
Ostroc: 3,460,000
Atlas: 8,670,000

Total Value: 20,210,000

We get no salvage, but full value. Too bad I didn’t take full salvage on this one, I’d have gotten a decent Huncy, very good Marauder, Ostroc, and excellent Atlas. Ah well.

Since there was a rebellion and we put it down, the rest of the time goes smoothly.

Money Stuff:

Our Costs:

334,194 - Upkeep for unit for 7 months
675,000 there
675,000 back
1,305,000 ammo, armor and replacement parts

Our Wages:

20,210,000 for exchange rights
675,000 for transport reimbursement
652,500 for battle loss compensation
589,000 for salary
29,450 for remuneration
2,945 for signing bouus

Total Net Profit and War Chest: 19,169,201

July 20, 3035 - Trinity Company leaves for Outreach.

September 30, 3035 - Trinity Company arrives back on Outreach.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #212
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Glad to see it's back!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #213
Tellistto
College Prospect

Money is good too, though those mechs would have been very nice.

Tell
Old 07-31-2008, 10:47 PM   #214
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now we head back to Kilts Company, doing an objective raid for Davion against Liao.

March 3, 3035 - Kilts Company arrives at the No Return system. We begin to drop to the planet.

March 6, 3035 - We are scheduled to land in the forbidding mountains of the eastern continent. It is about a hundred and fifty klicks from the base we decided to assault. The landing is completely uncontested. Huh. I guess I thought we’d have a firefight on our way out.

We get all of our mechs out of the DropShip, and then begin to move down the mountain. All of the sudden, missiles and laser fire dart out from the adjacent hills and attack my troops. It’s an Ambush!

The forces we are facing:
Assassin
Raven x2
Locust x2
Phoenix Hawk
Enforcer
Vindicator
Charger
UrbanMech 60RL variant (packs an AC20 with one ton of ammo)
Warhammer
Rifleman

The Warhammer is another classic mech and I’m surprised that I didn’t roll one until now, but that’s how it goes. It’s a 70 ton heavy mech that features a PPC in each hand, SRM6, just ten tons of armor (its weakness), 18 heat sinks, two medium lasers, two small lasers and two machine guns. 4/6 movement. It was the original iconic mech, with a Warhammer on the first BattleTech basic set cover.

I’m not sure if we’ve encountered an Enforcer yet or not. They are a staple of the Fed Suns, but Liao must have taken one in salvage and now has one on No Return. This 50 ton mech moves 4/6/4, 12 heat sinks, an AC10, Large Laser and small laser with 9 tons of armor.

The Vindicator is the medium mech of choice in the Capellan Confederation. It has an LRM5, PPC and a small laser in the head. It’s alright, but nothing special.

This is a regular unit of experience.

We will begin in the center of the map, and they are on the edges.

There are no trees on the map. It will be hard to hide. We’ll need to push my mechs heat and end this quickly. We won’t have cover.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Money is good too, though those mechs would have been very nice.

Tell

I always prefer materiel over money if I can get it. You can sell materiel (for about a 10% hit if you need the money immediately). That makes it solid as an asset and better as someone that can fire and destroy and get you more money.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

They are smart. They spread their forces all around us. They could have deployed from just one edge or two, allowing us to create fronts. Instead they will force us to circle, hitting rear armor if they want to. Very , very bad.

I get an opportunity to jump the modified Phoenix Hawk behind the back of their Rifleman. Let’s see if it works as good as I expect it will. Our Phoenix Hawks hit’s the engine and gyro of the Rifleman after penetrating the rear armor. Excellent. First try was a success. Their Urbie destroys the LA of my Orion after hitting with its AC20. Our Champion destroys the LA of a Raven. Our Wolverine misses a kick and falls. The Phoenix Hawk, now with no weapons in its arms, punches twice, and hit’s the Rifleman pilot in the head.

I charge the Urbie with my Orion and blow off its LT, leaving its LA on the ground. The Wolfhound opens into the Urbie and hits its engine twice. The Champion destroys the RA of the same Raven he destroyed the LA of last round. The Phoenix Hawk moves behind the Rifleman again, firing with its lasers, and destroys the right torso, breaking off its RA. It also fires a medium pulse laser which seeks out the center torso rear and hit’s the gyro. Their Rifleman and Ravens fall, and the mechwarrior at the Rifleman blacks out. The Champions destroys the LT of the Raven on the ground.

Adele’s Firestarter jumps behind the Urbie and fires, destroying its Center Torso. Our Foot Platoon destroyed the Ravens RT. The other Infantry platoon blows the LA off one of their Locusts and its on the ground. The LL and CT of the Raven are destroyed by the Champion. Our Wolverine misses a kick. And falls again. Their Rifleman wakes up.

I stand up the Wolverine. Again. Our Phoenix Hawks jumps behind the Rifleman and attacks for the third and final time, hitting the engine once and gyro twice. That mech is out. Their Locust attacks my Orion and opens up the Left Torso, hitting the SRM and causing my mech to explode! I liked that mech too. Their Enforcer destroys the RA of our Wolverine. Our Archer hit’s the Warhammer’s engine twice, and destroys its LA. Then our Griffin destroys its LT. The Champion runs behind their other Raven and blows off its RA. Our Wolverine falls a third time under the onslaught of weaponry. The Champion kicks and destroys the RT of the downed Raven.

I stand up the Wolverine, Again, and order it to retreat. Let’s not lose another mech today. Our Champion hits two leg actuators on their Raven. It falls, destroys its LL and hits its gyro. It won’t be getting back up.

Their Warhammer is massively overheat so I order Adele there to try to amp up its heat to overload levels. Their Vindicator hits Adele’s Firestarter and gets the Limb Blown Off critical on its LA. The RA is destroyed by their Phoenix Hawk. Our Archer destroys the RL off their Assassin. Then our Mercury dices into the Assassin, hits its LRM ammo, and it explodes. Boom!

I’ve been trying to overheat the Warhammer, now I’m just going to destroy it. Our SRM Foot Platoon hits its ammo and the Warhammer goes boom! Our Awesome destroys the Enforcers RT, and its RA falls off. It falls down. The Vindicator pilot blacks out.

Our Griffin destroys their Phoenix Hawk’s LA. The Champion hits its machine gun ammo and their Phoenix Hawk explodes in a frenzy of body parts, weapons, and rock from the cliff face. The Awesome’s large laser lances out and hit’s the Vindicator’s Head, but its just a glancing blow, so the mech is not destroyed. Our Phoenix Hawk punches a Locust and hit’s its Hip Actuator, but it stays standing. The Vindicator pilot wakes up.

Their Enforcer tries to stand, falls, and hits it gyro. Our Phoenix Hawk destroys a LL of their Locust and it falls hard. The Vindicator falls after getting punched by the Archer. It destroys its LL and LT, so its LA falls off.

With most of their mechs destroyed, on the ground, missing legs, our opponents concede battle. We allow their remaining units to limp away as we scour the battlefield for salvage.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Salvage:

Urbie - LA, LT, CT?

Raven - LL, RT, RA, LT, LA, CT?

Raven - RL, RT, RA, engine x2, gyrox2

Rifleman - RT, engine, gyrox3

Urbie LA
Locust LA
Enforcer RA, LL
Vindicator LA
Phoenix LL
Warhammer H
Assassin LA

To Fix:

Wolverine RA

Firestarter RA, LA

We reattach the LA to our Firestarter.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe I lost my mech, the Orion, to a LOCUST. That's embarassing.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #219
Tellistto
College Prospect

Just have to find yourself a better mech to climb into now. I have to admit though, seeing that go boom was a bit of a surprise.

Tell
Old 08-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #220
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Told you Urbanmechs were underrated >.>
Old 08-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, yeah, yeah, a variant mech with just five shots of its only weapon is so good...

Value:

UrbanMech 60L Normally: 1,581,125 To Repair: 1,025,000 Current Value: 576,125

Raven: Normally 4,550,000 To Repair: 2,750,000 (Fixed gyro) Current Value: 1,800,000

Raven: Normally: 4,550,000 To Repair: 2,250,000 (Fixed engine) Current Value: 2,300,000

Rifleman: Normally: 4,860,000 To Repair: 400,000 (Fixed gyro, engine) Current Value: 4,460,000

Value of body parts:

Total Salvage Value: 10,436,125

Half Salvage Value: 5,218,063

None of these mechs are good. The expensive electronics equipment in the Ravens were both destroyed, so I lost a lot of salvage value there, and I have no desire to grab them. Urbie’s suck. Rifleman has too many weapons and not enough armor, so its weak, but I guess I’ll take it. I also grab all of the body parts except the H of the Warhammer.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-02-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cost of ammo, armor, and replacement limbs for Wolverine and Firestarter.

Cost to Fix Rifleman:

Upkeep on unit:

Transport Costs:

5,218,063 Salvage Compensation
675,000 Battle Loss Compensation
525,000 Transport reimbursement
197,999 salary
9,989 remuneration
13,858 signing bonus

Net Increase: 3,598,879

War Chest: 3,983,879

For now, until I can find a suitable replacement, I am personally fighting in an…ugh…Rifleman.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order my light forces to penetrate into the now vacated complex and shot it down with their laser beams.

June 5, 3035 - The Kilts Company arrives back at Outreach. I can’t stand being in a Rifleman. The loss of the Orion, our second heaviest mech in Kilts Company, in a strong loss. I have an idea for a replacement, using the money we have and selling the Rifleman for cash, but I want to wait and see if the Commandos company brings back any tasty salvage. Perhaps they’ll salvage a Zeus or a BattleMasters or a Crusader or some such.

The beauty of having a merc company is that you can get a very cosmopolitan feel. If you are a commander of a unit in the Draconis Combine, for example, you will have one of three types of mechs in your command. You’ll have the basic common mechs like Phoenix Hawks, Griffins, Wolverines, Stingers, Locusts, Wasps and Shadow Hawks. These will make up a sizable chunk of your forces. Then you’ll have some house specific designs, like the Panther, Jenner and Dragon. You might also have one or two salvaged mechs from your enemies, the Lyrans and Fed Suns. You might have captured an Enforcer or Valkyrie for your unit. On the other hand, I can have mechs from any state. I have a Panther, Grand Dragon, Wolfhound, Catapult, Hatchetman, and even a few mechs like the Trebuchet and Cicada that lean a certain direction but are not exclusive (but are close).

Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February 18, 3035 - Ted arrives back at Outreach with the Commandos company after the loss in Drac space facing a new, mysterious mech design based on the Charger. He makes some recruit rolls.

I notch two elite dispossessed MechWarriors. I’ll take them. Say hello to:

Nadia Romanov, elite, dispossessed, Commandos

Katrin Magnusdottir elite, dispossessed, Commandos

Time for some contract action:

Offer #1: A Tiny Periphery World offers a garrison contract. No thanks.

Offer #2: A corporation offers an objective raid. Let’s see, it’s in the Free Worlds League. Military or no? Nope.

An industrial concern on the minor planet of Ellsworth wants to contract a company to go to the nearby system of Olafsvik, a major world with an independent streak of significance. A separatist group has taken over a medium sized island on the planet, and Marik is leaving them alone right now. However, this industrial company has several warehouse and industrial concerns on the island. They want to hire us to land on the island, smash through the defenses, destroy their fortifications, and then leave for other forces to finish.

Ted takes the contract.

We have 62 negotiation points. Ted puts up salvage. They offer full salvage right up. They don’t want to spend the money on Shared or Exchange rights. 52 points.

They offer remuneration to pull out ten points. 42 points.

I put up transport rights. They offer 40% compensation. Ted takes it. 57 points.

They offer independent command to pull another 10 points. 47 points.

I put up length. They offer 4 months and Ted reduces it to 2. 37.

They offer salary and pull 25 points out to give a 3.4 modifier. 12 points

Ted puts up support. They offer 74% straight support.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #225
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May 8, 3035 - Ted’s company arrives in Olafsvik on their island. I roll to see what sort of defenses we are going up against. Combined arms.

We are fighting on a small chain of islands.

Our foes:

Two Warrior Attack Helicopters
Peregrine Attack VTOL
J Edgar Hover Tank
Striker Light Tank
Scorpion Light Tank
Rommel Tank
Harasser Missile Platform
Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank
Predator Tank Destroyer
Devastator

Trebuchet
Goliath
Banshee
Whitworth
Locust x2
Shadow Hawk
Stalker

Four platoons of infantry

They have three assault mechs, an assault tank, but we are on islands and not all of that is mobile.

We are fighting in a series of five islands, connected by bridges. Each bridge cannot support more than 40 tons. You can jump over the bridge with heavier mechs like a Griffin. You can get int eh water. You can hover over the water if you are a hovercraft, and you can fly over the water if you are a VTOL. That means they have more mobility than us.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #226
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of their Warrior attack copters slideslips into a hills and is destroyed. No weapons fire is exchanged.

Not much happens on round two., nor round three.

One of our Awesomes destroys a Peregrine Attack Helicopter’s front side. I destroy the bridge from their island to the next island. I am moving my Stalker and an Awesome through the water to the second island to get closer to my opponent.

I order the other Awesome to start moving towards the water, with the intent of getting to the next island.

Our new Javelin, the 10N, destroyed the J. Edgar Hover Tank. She hit the power plant. Boom! Unfortunately, it falls under an attack by various enemies.

Our Stalker and one of the Awesomes arrive at the second island from the water. The other Javelin, the 10F variant, destroyed a Harasser’s turret, and it is destroyed.

The other Awesome arrives at island #2. Their Trebuchet falls while walking through water. More fire is exchanged,

The next turn sees our Longbow sheer through the Shadow Hawks armor and hit its AC ammo. Boom! Dead mech. That’s the first kill for newer pilot Aaron Cohen. An Awesome destroys the Right Side armor on the Skulker and its dead.

We exchange more fire.

Their Locust is running through the water, falls down, and it is breached. Dead Locust. Ted destroys their Devastator’s power plant and it goes boom!

The following turn, an Awesome destroys the Rommel’s power plant. More boom!

More exchange of fire.

The Longbow hits and destroys their Warrior Attack Helicopter. That’s the final VTOL taken out. An Awesome takes out the front side armor on the Predator.

I was attacking their Trebuchet, but it is down to just one shot of LRM ammo, so I am moving to their Goliath.

More exchange of fire.

Their Banshee hits an Awesome in the head with a PPC and goes internal. The Head is not gone, but watch it for later. The Awesome falls under the onslaught.

Ted’s Stalker is out of LRM ammo and charges their position as a result. Melissa stands her Awesome back up. Another exchange of fire.

Our Rifleman destroys the Scorpion Tank’s power plant. Boom!

Another round of exchanged fire.

We blast their Banshee and it tumbles to the ground. Their Goliath, Stalker and Trebuchet are all out of LRM ammo so I hope to push the PPC advantage I have with my Griffin, Panther, two Awesomes.

The Banshee tries to get up twice and fails. More weapons exchange.

More exchange of fire.

Our Panther blows off the Banshee’s LA. An Awesome destroys its RT which causes its PPC laden RA to fall to the ground.

Our Griffin hit’s a leg actuator on the Banshee. It tumbles to the ground.

An Awesome hit’s the Banshee’s AC ammo and it splodes.

The Griffin destroys the Striker’s front side. It’s gone.

More weapons fire.

More weapons fire. Again.

Their Whitworth hit’s the Longbow while under water. It is breached. Out for the rest of the battle.

A couple more rounds of nothing.

Five more turns of nothing. Just exchange.

Our Griffin hit’s the Stalker’s gyro. It falls, hits its engine, and the pilot blacks out.

After a turn of weapons exchange, the Stalker wakes up.

Then it stands up. I hopped over our Javelins, hopefully they can exploit some holes. Our Stalker destroys their Stalker’s head with a large laser.

The Goliath tries to run away from my Javelins, goes into the water and falls.

It stands up the following turn. After taking some serious damage, it falls down, and the pilot blacks out.

With all three assault mechs down, all of their tanks destroyed, all VTOLs destroyed, and just a handful of remaining mechs, the Marik forces radio me and offer their surrender. We have devastated the rebel forces, and in fact, have ended the minor rebellion, so we don’t even need to continue. The rebels we did not destroy are picked up by the local Marik militia.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 AM   #227
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Salvage:

Locust - no significant damage. Breached.

Peregrine Attack Helicopter

Shadow Hawk LA, RA, RL
Banshee RA, LL, LA

Stalker H, actuators,

Goliath - tons of armor damaged, two actuators hit

Predator

Skulker

SRM6x2 (Striker failed but we got its weapons)

Since we have full salvage on this trip, I don’t need to account for total value and what not. I only need to come up with numbers to fix these.

Note that the Goliath and Locust are operational when taken out of the drink, drained, and rejuiced.

To repair the Skulker, Predator, and Peregrine. 70,000

I sell the Predator and Skulker for 950,000, and fix the Peregrine. I also sell the Locust. I’m tired of these dumb light mechs getting captured by my command.

To repair Goliath - 160,000 ammo and armor to repair Goliath

To repair Stalker - 888,000

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-04-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:58 AM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Costs:

70,000 fix vehicles
160,000 to repair salvaged Goliath
888,000 to repair salvaged Stalker
300,000 for LRM ammo alone
28,000 for SRM ammo
16,000 for AC5 ammo
300,000 for replacement armor
675,000 transport there
675,000 transport back
326,934 upkeep of unit

Gains:

950,000 sale of Skulker and Predator
1,325,000 sale of Locust
381,300 salary
19,065 remuneration
24,154 support
540,000 transport reimbursement

Even with the sales, we went -199,415

I transfer three million from the Trinity company to us.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #229
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Stalker for your new command mech?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nah, I've got a better idea...

EXPERIENCE: Ted notched his twelve kill and Martin Fitzgerald got his eighth. Martin is going to second a second point of edge and Ted raises his piloting skill to 2.

Nadia Romanov is given the Stalker. Katrin Magnusdottir given the Goliath.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 27, 3035 - Ted arrives back at Outreach.

June 5, 3035 - Braham Essex arrives back at Outreach and I want a new mech, because I am not happy with the Rifleman. I make a few calls (roll the dice), but the mech I wanted, a common heavy Thunderbolt, is not available. I look for some other good mechs. How about a Crusader? I’ve been trying to avoid a Crusader for my main guy, because my main guy in my first run through had a Crusader, and my very first mech in BattleTech was a Crusader. (And my very first shot of an LRM15 killed a clan mech).

Still, I don’t have too many choices. Are there any Crusaders on the market? Nope.

What else? How about a Catapult? Yes. I can find a Catapult. Hmm. After reviewing the company, I believe a Catapult would be a poor choice. It’s a great fire support mech, but I already have those. What I need is a nice anvil mech. What anvil mechs are available, in my price range, and good?

I do a search for a Warhammer variant, the Warhammer 6D. It pulls off the machine guns and SRM6 for more heat sinks and full armor. With no ammo to explode, full armor, and more heat sinks to fire double PPC action, the 6D is a strong 70 ton mech. And it is available (I rolled a ten).

It’s also in my price range.

I sell the Rifleman for 10% under price at 4,400,000

I then purchase a Warhammer 6D (The Federated Suns version) for 5,945,000. Excellent. Easily a mech for a battalion commander.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I then make some recruiting rolls.

Edgar Steinbocker, regular, Assassin, Kilts Company
Mary McDonnell, veteran, Falcon*, Kilts Company
Latasha Jenkins, elite, dispossessed, Kilts Company

I asterisked the Falcon because it is a very rare mech. Very rare.

It is believed that Wolf’s Dragoons found some significant supply caches from Star League holds, because they have designs that no one else has. The Imp, Annihilator, Falcon, Firefly, Shogun and Hoplite are some examples of their virtually exclusive mechs. Some of those mechs, like the Annihilator, have no existing record from Star League times about them.

The Falcon is a 30 ton light mech believed to be largely extinct from the Star League era although the odd model appears every now and then. It surfaced in large numbers in Wolf’s Dragoons, and our Mary McDonnell is a dissenter from their unit. It moves 6/9/6, carries six tons of armor, and wields two small lasers, a medium laser and two machine guns, while having two extra heat sinks.

The Assassin is a 40 ton mech with 7/11/7 speed but just 4.5 tons of armor and a poor payload featuring an LRM5, SRM2, and Medium Laser. The weapons are poor, but it is a design with potential, and I might modify it later when I have the inclination. I’d pull off the SRM2 and LRM5 and ammo and add some lasers and armor. I’m not sure in what numbers for each, but that’d be my plan.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time for Contracts:

Offer #1: A Corporation wants us for an Objective Raid

Offer #2: Fed Suns offer a Recon Raid contract

Offer #3: Fed Suns offer a Objective Raid contract

A recon raid contract is simple. We are to infiltrate a world, and inspect its defenses, test its mettle, and get pictures. Then we send them back to our employer. Davion wants us to Recon a Draconis Combine world.

One of the Inner Sphere’s worst kept secret is that Davion views the Draconis Combine as weak right now. With 20% of their forces turning traitor, a significant chunk of its territory now in the hands of the Free Rasalhague Republic, and it still reeling from the quick but decisive Fourth Succession War, Hanse Davion is looking to finish off the Dragon.

However, the Federated Suns are not ready for another war. The vast number of planets taken from the Capellan Confederation five years ago still require large numbers of garrison and pacification troops. The infrastructure needs to be built up. Intel needs to be gathered.

As such, a negotiator from the Federated Suns is offering us a contract to investigate the defenses and preparedness of the Draconis Combine defenses on a system.

The targeted system is Sadalbari. One jump away from Davion system David, Sadalbari is a world that must be garrisoned by the DCMS. It is seven jumps away, and we will be swinging past my home system of Epsilon Eridani on the way there and back.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Negotiate the contract time:

110 points

We put salvage up first. They offer Exchange rights, and we counter with Shared rights. 100 points. Hopefully we won’t battle much, if at all.

They put up rights and offer independent command. 90 points.

We put up support and they offer 50% straight support. I counter with 50% battle loss compensation. 55 points.

They put up remuneration. They offer it to us. 45 points.

I toss transport on the table. They offer 40% reimbursement. I counter by raising it to 50%. 50 points.

They pull out 25 points and offer us 3.7 salary. 25 points.

We put up contract length, but they are just interested in a month, so there is nothing to negotiate here.

12.5% signing bonus.

Before we leave I place a few phone calls. I drop 250,000 on a Boomerang Spotter Plane.

The Boomerang Spotter Plane is a 13/20 conventional plane/glider with a half ton of photo equipment and some armor. It weighs 5.5 tons. The Boomerang is collapsible and can fit in the tinier spaces in a DropShip. We head out with our company of mechs and Boomerang and infantry.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 17, 3035 - We arrive in the Sadalbari system.

July 19, 3035 - We land in the smallest city in the system to have a DropPort. I will leave our mechs in the DropShip, and hopefully we will not need them. My men assemble the Boomerang.

The defenders on Sadalbari are a regiment strong. I order my infantry squads to separate places on planet. There are three continents on planet, and the defenders are split with one regiment on each planet.

One platoon of infantry gets through with no problems. They are also to establish a perimeter near a Draconis Base and snap some pictures. The other main base is a large fortress overlooking the capital city. That’s too guarded for now.

Our infantry at the other continent also get some information and pictures.

After two weeks on planet, we have a good estimate of their forces. Infantry disguised as peasants have snapped pictures of mechs on patrol, so we have a good indicator of their individual mech counts. However, we have been unable to penetrate the defenses around the fortress.

With out infantry back, I use our aerial asset, the Boomerang. I need to fly the Boomerang over their base, perhaps several times, snapping pictures with its systems. Then we can leave the planet.

As the Boomerang approaches the base’s airspace, it gets a radio. Apparently, it is a no-fly zone over the fortress. The Boomerang goes over the base, snapping pictures, dodging gun emplacement fire with its speed. Anticipating a problem, I order our mechs to warm up.

The Boomerang flies back over their base, and again takes more pictures. I believe I’ll need two more sweeps. It heads back for a third sweep and makes it over, but we see fighters launching from the fortress. As the Boomerang comes back over for a fourth time, it has two Sholagar fighters on its tail. As the Boomerang nears our position, the two fighters open up. I order my men to fire on the Sholagar fighters. One is destroyed while the other is damaged and returns to base. I expect Drac attention anytime now.

Our Boomerang lands behind us, and our infantry begin disassembling it and storing it in the DropShip. This will take several minutes. In the meantime, mech forces are beginning to leave the fortress and should arrive at our position at the DropPort in a few minutes.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #236
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

SCENARIO:

We must fight a rearguard action against their mechs until our Boomerang is disassembled and stored in the DropShip. Rules:

On the first turn, any 7 speed mechs or faster are deployed. On the second turn, any 5 or 6 speed mechs are deployed. On the third turn, any 4 speed mechs are deployed, and on the fourth turn, any subsequent mechs are deployed.

One company at the fortress is currently on patrol. The other two companies are heading towards us.

Starting on turn five, I will roll 1d6 and add the turn number. If we get 10 or higher, then the Boomerang is assembled and we can move off. Any mech given a “flee” action at the edge of the map is considered to be boarding. I cannot flee with more than one lance of mechs per turn. (Four mechs).

The Drac forces are numerous, and I will not count them to you now. Suffice it to say that we are fighting a lot of mechs.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Only two Locusts and a Jenner are on the map for turn one. They retreat behind some buildings for some protection until their friends get here next turn. Smart. I spot with my Spider and fire a lot of LRMs at their Jenner. Our Awesome sends two LRM15s over the buildings and destroys the Jenner after hitting it’s ammo.

Nice that we got a kill so quickly. A bunch of their mechs are deploying this round. We’ve got Wasps, a Stinger, Phoenix Hawks, Griffins, a Javelin, a Charger, a Dragon, and more. A Wasp jumps on a nearby building, and it collapses, unfortunately. We could have used the cover it gave. Our Awesome hit’s a Wasp of theirs in the head with a large laser. Dead. Two mech kills in two turns.

The third turn brings some of their slower designs such as a pair of Panthers, a BattleMaster, Rifleman, and such. Another couple of large buildings are being destroyed by mechs jumping on top of them. They just jumped a Quickdraw on top of one. I believe they are doing it on purpose to create clear lanes of fire so that they can take me out quickly and get to the Boomerang. That’s smart. I wouldn’t have thought of it. Our variant Awesome hits their Dragon’s ammo and it is destroyed. Three mech kills in three turns for this guy. Our Griffin kicks and destroys the LL of one of their Panthers.

The fourth turn brings the final mechs like a Stalker. Our Wolfhound destroys the RT of their Stinger, dropping its RA to the ground. Our Archer hit’s the engine on one of their Phoenix Hawks. I fall down in my Warhammer. Our Archer kicks and destroys the LL of their Locust.

If I was with my Commandos company and its four assault mechs, I’d be loving this, going up against big odds and hoping against hope for a win. However, I have one assault mech, and three heavies, and one heavy took some damage earlier and the other is on the ground. I will be leaving when I get the chance.

The 5th turn has arrived. I roll a four. Not a ten (4+5=9), so we cannot begin to evacuate this turn, they are still working on the Boomerang. I stand my Warhammer back up for another round. Adele destroys a Locust with machine guns. She hit its machine gun ammo with a machine gun. Battlefield irony there for ya. Their Stalker hits and destroys our Awesome’s H. Our mechwarrior who killed three people turned around and died. Damn. Our Champion hit a Phoenix hawk’s engine. I ordered my Spider ot pick up the Stinger’s arm.

The 6th turn arrives and I roll a 5. The Boomerang is now stowed away. Well, we lost the Awesome variant, which I really liked. We need to get off this map. I order the Falcon, Assassin, Wolfhound, and Archer to leave. We hit a few foot and leg actuators but nothing serious.

The 7th turn arrives. I flee with my Firestarter, Spider, Mercury, and Phoenix Hawk. They open up my Champion’s arm, hits its AC10 and shoulder. Our Centurion destroys their Phoenix Hawk’s engine, it goes down. Our Champion destroys another Wasp’s head.

I flee with the Champion, Griffin, Centurion and Wolverine, leaving only my Warhammer on the map. My Warhammer manages to destroy a Stinger with its two PPCs and two medium lasers. It’s right arm is destroyed in the barrage. The next turn I flee.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Salvage

Stinger RA

To Fix:

Warhammer RA

Champion actuator, AC10

150,000 in armor
188,000 in ammo
8,500 shoulder actuator
325,000 RA of Warhammer.

We lost an Awesome and the pilot. That sucks

Total Costs:

250,000 Boomerang
671,500 for ammo, armor and replacement parts
226,000 for upkeep
525,000 transport there
525,000 transport back

Total Reimbursements:

50,000 Shared salvage for Stinger RA
525,000 for transport reimbursement
205,687 salary
10,250 remuneration
25,000 signing bonus
335,750 battle loss compensation

Total Loss: -1,045,800

Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #239
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EXPERIENCE: After five years with the company and a founding member, Adele Thompson has finally notched four kills. Her gunnery pops up one.

I drop off the Boomerang when we stop at Epsilon Eridani.

This was a lousy contract. We lost money and our only assault mech in the company. Even if we got the info out, it was still a bad contract.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #240
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT: June 1, 3035 - While at the war conference to discuss the new war against the Duchy of Andurien, Captain-General Janos Marik, his son and heir, Thomas Marik, and generals Duggan and Duncan Marik are on Atreus. While Duncan steps out to speak with some military advisors, a bomb goes off, killing all on the conference room. Duncan plunged back at the rubble and video feeds show him frantically digging with hands at the rock, extricating the bodies of Janos and Duggan, although Thomas was too close to the blast and all that was left of him was blood.

Duncan Marik declared himself Captain-General of the Free Worlds League and was confirmed b Parliament when the remaining children of Janos Marik showed little desire for the throne.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #241
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 27, 3035 - Just nine days after being declared Captain-General by Parliament, Duncan Marik addresses his nation. He claims to have proof that the bomb was planted by secessionists in the Duchy of Andurien. Duncan has declared war on the wayward Duchy and is beginning to build the Marik armies and infrastructure.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 28, 3035 - The Kilts Company arrives back in Outreach. Yesterday the Commandos company arrived.

Ted’s Recruiting:

Clyde Naller, elite, dispossessed
David Bengurion, elite, Striker, assigned to Kilts.

Since we have a hole in Kilts Company made by the destruction of an assault mech, when Ted is able to recruit an Assault mech, it makes sense to add it to the hole in Kilts company. The Striker is an assault mech typically assigned to garrison duty. It was the original assault mech developed during the Star League, and the Awesome was based on it. Strikers are around, still getting made at a trickle a year, but that is enough since most don’t see heavy combat action. The Striker is not an amazing mech, and if you want an assault mech to go one on one with an opposing assault mech, it might not be up for that.

The Striker weighs 80 tons, and moves 4/6. It has five extra heat sinks, 13.5 tons of armor, and wields an AC5, PPC, large laser and three medium lasers. The locations for the medium lasers are very smart, one in the head and two in the center torso, taking up valuable critical space (decreases the chance of an errant shot hitting vital components when there are more components in the space, plus those are always operational sections of the mech if it is operational. You can lose a leg, arm and left or right torso section and still fight, but you cannot lose your CT or H and keep fighting in the current level of technology).

Like I said, the Striker is not bad, but it’s not great either. It doesn’t have the heat dissipation for the PPC and large laser and AC5 to all be fired at once, so occasionally you have to not fire one of your main weapons

Adele’s Recruiting:

Eleanor Bates, regular, Catapult - unassigned right now

Braham Essex’s Recruiting:

Miguel Juarez, elite, Banshee, unassigned

The Banshee is a 95 ton mech that is crap because it wastes so much space on its engine that allows it to move 4/6. There is a Lyran variant that changes it out for a much lighter engine, and fit’s a bunch of weapons and heat sinks on the mech as a result. This is not the variant. The one good thing is the 15 tons of armor, allowing you to move your Banshee into the middle of the field and draw fire from more fragile mechs. It features just a PPC, AC5 and a small laser, a tiny weapons load for a 95 ton mech. It has the weapons of a medium mech around 50 or 55 tons, it has the movement of an 80 ton mech and the armor of an 80 ton mech. Feh. Still, we need some heavy metal.

Barbara Morse, elite, Victor, unassigned.

The Victor is another assault mech, this one at 80 tons. It moves 4/6/4 and yes, it can jump. It has an AC20, two medium lasers and an SRM4. With all close range weapons, you might think the Victor wants to close in and smack you up close, but it only has 11.5 tons of armor, so it seems like a classic design problem to me. I can understand lower armor on a fire support mech, but not on one designed to get up close and personal.

A failed recruit roll (I rolled a three).

(I got very lucky with recruit rolls this time. THREE twelves and an eleven. Crazy)

We got a lot of heavy metal on Outreach. Three assault mechs and a heavy one, plus a dispossessed warrior. The Commandos company also came home with two salvaged Assault mechs, a Stalker and Goliath.

We need to do some reorganizing.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am creating a garrison force to remain on nearby Epsilon Eridani and protect our assets. I do not want to create a fifth mercenary company right now (one tank, three mechs). However, I can give them orders later. This is an opportunity to get rid of a few mechs from my companies that I am not fond of. Our garrison force will currently consist of:

Samir Azif, Wasp (Commandos)
Umbria Mutunde, Locust (Commandos)
Stacey Stowers, Wasp (Trinity)
Samia Oudghiri, Griffin (Kilts)
John Abram, Griffin (Trinity)

I move the Assassin and Falcon to Commandos company to replace their two lost scout mechs.

Trinity company is arriving in a month back from their assignment. I move dispossessed Latasha Jenkins to Trinity company to take the Hatchetman. I order Anna Cafincelli to take her Cicada and add it to Trinity’s thunder lance. I move Nadia Romanov’s Stalker to the Kilts company to replace the Griffin.

That gives me a valuable second assault mech. I add the Victor to Trinity company to replace the green Griffin pilot, and that gives them two assaults as well.

We have a Goliath, Banshee and Catapult left to assign, plus a dispossessed MW. I take the Catapult for the open slot in Commandos, the company with four assault mechs already. I assign the Banshee to Kilts and the Goliath to Trinity, with the dispossessed MW going to Commandos.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, with that, let’s get some contracts:

Kilts Company:

Offer #1: The St. Ives Compact would like us to Garrison one of their worlds. No thanks

Offer #2: The St. Ives Compact would like us for an Objective Raid. Okay.

Where? The only place they’d want to raid is the Caps. I get paid a lot to raid my old stomping ground by various forces. Let me find a suitable world, hold on.

Seven jumps away (and one through Epsilon Eridani if I want it to be) is the system of Capricorn. The Capellan system holds the colony world of Capricorn III. We are being asked to raid the world and destroy a political enemy of the St. Ives Compact. Planetary Governor Chiang Li rules his people with an iron hand and regularly dispenses justice from the guns of his BattleMech. Many St. Ives loyalists have lost their lives at the hands of Chiang Li while he subjugates his people. We are to land on Capricorn III while Chiang Li is in his BattleMech. Psyche profiles suggest that he will lead the charge against us in his mech. Then we will have a chance to take him out. Even if we do not kill him, if we can defeat him in combat visibly in the capital city, it will be enough to discredit him. Ideally, however, we will kill him, allowing a friendlier governor to take over. St. Ives is not interested in taking Capricorn II, they just want the hostile governor removed.

Due to its nature as a border world, Capricorn III does have a garrison, but since it is on the St Ives border, and not the Andurien or Davion border, it only has two companies of mechs, and one is not near the capital city.

We take the contract.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #245
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 105 points with which to bargain.

I put salvage rights up front. They offer Shared rights, and I counter with Exchange. 95 points.

They put up salary, buying down 25 points and giving us a 3.7 modifier. 70.

Transport, 50%. 75.

Remuneration, yes. 65.

Support - Battle Loss, 50%. 30.

Independent Command - 20.

Contract length - one month. 20 points.

10% bonus.

We will arrive on Capricorn III in approximately two months, on October 28, 3035.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Commandos Contract:

Offer #1: Free Rasalhague Republic, Extraction

Offer #2: Capellan Confederation, Extraction

So both of our contracts are Extraction contracts (so called “smash and grab”). Interesting. I’ll take whichever is the closer target, so let’s see. FRR wants us to hit…Lyran Commonwealth. The planet of Seiduts, which is waaaay out there. It’s about two jumps from the periphery. Nope. The Caps want us to raid the Federated Suns. They want us to hit Cammal. Much closer. Work for the Caps it is.

Cammal is a planet eight jumps away, and ironically, just two jumps from Capricorn III. We will be taking the same path for most of our journey, until the last few jumps, so we can save money on the first several jumps. That works out well.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #247
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

67 points for Commandos to negotiate with.

Salvage - Full is offered. 57

Salary - 3.4. 22.

Remuneration no. 32.

Independent Command. 22.

Transport 40%. 37.

Support 50% battle loss. 2.

Length - three months.

1% bonus.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #248
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright. Let’s roll with the Kilts company first.

October 29, 3035 - We arrive on Capricorn III’s capital and major DropPort. In a few hours, the governor will be using his mech in his weekly judicial ritual. I’m not upset to be taking him out.

We wait inside the DropShip until he has begun the trials. Several people are brought in front of his mechs. He judges them guilty from his mech’s speakers and shoots them down. I am supposed to wait for a half hour or so before heading out to take him out, because then the guards may be more complacent, but anger drives my thumbs to initiate the power up sequence of my mech. Around me, my company follows my lead. Within ten minutes, we have disembarked into the DropPort.

There is always a local militia around to investigate DropShips, shipments, travellers and so forth. I emerge first from the DropShip, and as my Warhammer’s profile fills the area, several militia sound the alert. A small tank fires at me, but hit’s the DropShip. The DropShip captain will not have that, and its guns immediately take out the tank‘s power plant, and it explodes.

I order my company to leave the crowded DropPort and make for a largely abandoned slum area of the city. Our radar makes out some bogeys moving in our direction. Over the conn, I hear the ranting of the Governor, telling us he will kill all of us.

I will be happy to put this guy down.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #249
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Foes:

Cataphract - This is the mech the governor is in.
Hunchback
Charger
Blackjack x2
Vindicator
Enforcer
Scorpion
Shadow Hawk
Awesome
Warhammer 6L
UrbanMech
Phoenix Hawk

This is obviously an unusual company of mechs. 8 medium mechs, two assaults, a heavy and one light.

The Cataphract is a real catch if we can get it. It was a Capellan Confederation exclusive until the planet that made it 70 tons, 11 of them armor, 4/6 movement, 6 extra heat sinks, PPC, AC10, and four medium lasers with two facing the rear (easy to change back around if we want too). A solid enough mech.

The Blackjack is a Capellan Confederation and St. Ives Compact specific mech. 40 tons, 4/6/4 movement, an extra heat sink, and the woefully poor AC2. Two of them. Plus four medium lasers to handle you if you get too close. Keep them at range where they suck.

The 6L variant of the Warhammer is nicknamed the Hot Hammer. With flamers instead of machine guns, it’s not that much different.

We haven’t fought a Scorpion for a while, but it is an infamous quad 55 ton mech with a PPC and SRM6.

I roll and they are regular, but the governor is a veteran.

13 mechs against 13 mechs. In the streets of the abandoned slums, we are about to engage in close quarters combat. Here we go.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #250
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Champion gets a through armor critical on the Awesome and hits one of its PPCs. I focus a lot of fire on their Warhammer.

My Centurion got blasted last turn, so I back it up while continuing to advance with my other forces. Our new Striker hits an opposing Blackjack’s gyro. I jumped Adele’s Firestarter by their Phoenix Hawk and hit it with inferno missles and amped its heat by two with a flamer. Our Centurion destroys the building the governor hopped up on with his Cataphract. It takes some damage from debris. Our Phoenix Hawk hit’s the Vindicator’s head and takes it off with a medium pulse laser. One dead mech. Our Warhammer destroys the LA of their Warhammer. Their Warhammer’s gyro cannot compensate for the loss of weight and it falls, destroying the LT. Their Blackjack also falls from the gyro hit. Adele misses a kick on their Phoenix Hawk and falls. Our Banshee kicks the governor for 19 damage, but he doesn’t fall.

Adele stands up her Firestarter and runs away from several enemy mechs. Their Warhammer tries to get up twice and fails, falling both times, hitting its gyro twice and engine twice. The Warhammer now has a shut down gyro. Their Awesome destroys the RA of my Champion. Our Archer hit’s the governor’s Cataphract in the head twice with long range missiles. Our Phoenix Hawk hit’s the Hunchback in the head with a Medium Pulse Laser, goes internal, and hits its sensors, making it harder for it to hit anybody else in the future. I personally destroy the LT of the governor’s Cataphract, with its LA falling to the ground. Both their Blackjack and Hunchy fall after taking damage. Our new Striker kicks the Blackjack on the ground and its Center Torso section is destroyed. A kill for him on his first action with us. Our Stalker kicks the Hunchback when it is on the ground and kicks through the head. Another dead mech and another kill for another new pilot with our unit. We are just tearing through these mechs. I think my troops were as disgusted by the actions of this tyrant as much as I was.

The pilot in their Warhammer ejects since the mech is dead. Their Phoenix Hawk is still over heat (14 over). Perhaps I can get Adele over to punish it some more. I order my troops not to further engage the governor. I am going to take him out myself. I hit the Cataphract’s gyro and engine. It falls. Our Wolverine also falls under damage. Adele’s Firestarter falls after getting kicked.

If I had gotten a radio telling me that our opponents surrender after taking the governor’s mech out, I would respect them. But now? They are still fighting. They can’t claim they were just obeying orders. I order my troops to show them no mercy, and cut into them without restraint.

I stand up the Wolvie and the Firestarter. Their Enforcer hits my Wolvie’s foot actuator. I destroy the center torso section of the Cataphract. The mech is downed. Our Wolverine falls again. The Striker opens up the Awesome’s arm and hits three actuators. The Stalker hit’s a PPC through the back armor.

Our Anti-Mech Jump Platoon hit’s a foot actuator on the Shadow Hawk. The Archer destroys the LL of the Charger. We blow the LA off the Awesome with the Champion with a 12 critical. Their Shadow Hawk hit’s two more leg actuators when it falls. Their Charger falls too. They return the favor when their Awesome blows the LL off our Champion with a 12 critical. It takes damage from a fall. Their Phoenix Hawk falls down when it misses a kick.

Their Shadow Hawk failed to get up and fell down again. Our Striker destroys the RT of their Awesome, causing the RA to fall off. The RA and RT of Adele’s Firestarter are destroyed by their Scorpion. Adele hit their Phoenix Hawk with all three Flamers and the inferno SRM as well. Their Awesome hit’s the Champion’s AC10. I destroy the LT of the Urbie and its LA falls on the ground and hits its gyro. Our Stalker savages the Awesome with two gyro hits, an engine hit, a destroyed RL and LT, and then finally destroyed the CT. Four mechs fall from damage. Our Banshee and Adele’s mech, Shadow Hawk and Urbie on their side. Our Phoenix Hawk destroys the Urbie’s center torso on a kick.

Adele scrambles up and flees from the battlefield, disappearing into the houses quickly. Their Charger fails to get up and falls. I destroys the Charger’s RA and RT. It took two engine hits, which is three. It is out due to engine failure. Another kill for me. However, the engine block fails, and it explodes!

The following mechs are caught in the engine explosion:

Their Blackjack takes 20 damage
Their Enforcer takes 20 damage
Their Scorpion is caught and loses its FRL. Front Right Leg. It took 10 damage.
Their Phoenix Hawk takes 10 damage
Our Spider takes 10 damage
Our Banshee was adjacent, and takes 40 damage, which hits its AC5 and upper arm actuator

Our Archer cracks open the Shadow Hawk’s center torso and hits its engine. After taking such damage in the blast, our Banshee’s armor is badly damaged. Their Scorpion destroys its RA. Our Shadow Hawk’s LA is destroyed. Our Banshee fires at the Scorpion, and with the sandblasting it has already suffered, hit hit’s the SRM ammo and it explodes. Their Blackjack tumbles. Then their Phoenix Hawk shuts down from heat overload. Sounds like a kill for Adele Thompson.

In that turn, we killed their Charger, Scorpion, their Phoenix Hawk shutdown from heat overload, and they took a bunch of damage from the engine explosion.

Our infantry captured the governor. I want to make sure he does not stay governor. I kill him with a small laser blast from my Warhammer. He who lives by tyranny shall die by tyranny.