Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2021, 10:17 PM   #701
thesloppy
Pro Starter

So sorry, Peanut looks awesome!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #702
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Very sorry to hear this. She sounded like a great dog! You all did right by each other.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:57 PM   #703
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Our turn in the barrel comes in the morning, as Bailey the Wonder Dog crosses the Rainbow Bridge to a well deserved rest.

She's a good girl. Grand ol dame, of 19 years, but age and illness finally caught up with her.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:12 PM   #704
RainMaker
General Manager

Very sorry to hear. 19 years is a great life. I hope you can take some solace in that.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 03:23 PM   #705
BYU 14
Coordinator

So sorry, Fozzie, what a great life she had and I know you are left with amazing memories, that will live forever with you.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:53 PM   #706
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry buddy...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:56 PM   #707
rjolley
College Starter

Very sorry to hear that, SirFozzie.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:12 PM   #708
Edward64
Head Coach

Sorry to hear. 19 years is a long life and I know you treated her great.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:55 PM   #709
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Bailey the Wonder Dog Update: There's still some fight in the ol' girl: She is still unable to stand up on her own (or stand unassisted for more than a couple seconds), but she's able to eat solid food (for the first time in days), and we're hoping against hope that with some time, she'll recover from the dehydration (she didn't drink just about anything too). It's a super long road to an unknown destination, but we're willing to see her down that road as long as we can go. No trip to the vet this morning. ��
Old 03-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #710
Thomkal
Head Coach

Go Bailey!
Old 03-14-2022, 08:16 AM   #711
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes, Go Bailey indeed!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:13 PM   #712
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, after a couple more days, it was clear that the situation was not going to ever get any better. Her system wouldn't allow her to take the pain killing medicine, and without the pain killing medicine, she wouldn't be able to get back to normal. So today, Bailey went to cross the Rainbow Bridge.

Wait for us on the other side, K, Bailey-girl?
Old 03-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #713
Castlerock
High School Varsity

So sorry. Not much else to say.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:38 PM   #714
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry Foz....Not even remotely comparing the two but rough couple days for the FOFC world....
Old 03-15-2022, 03:45 PM   #715
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sorry Foz and Bailey. You have 19 years of memories to look back on and laugh
Old 03-15-2022, 03:52 PM   #716
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sorry Foz....Not even remotely comparing the two but rough couple days for the FOFC world....

Agreed, nothing compared to what others have gone through, but throughout the weekend and yesterday, it was hoping against hope.. that each time she raised her head when we skritched her, and each time we tried to give her food or checked her water dish, our heart broke a little bit more. I know that Bailey (and our other Dog, Duke) knew their Humans were having a rough time and did their best to make them happy.

Part of me really wanted to believe that it was going to get better, that she was going to beat the odds one more time, but it was obvious that she was suffering, and it was cruel to prolong it.

At the end, I have to use somewhat of a quote from my brother. "I don't feel sad, because I know this is the best for her.. I feel sad because I'm remembering all the good times we had".

To that, all I can say is "Don't let good times ending make you sad, try to smile because you had the good times to start with". Not easy advice to self-take.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:00 PM   #717
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We went through the same with out golden several years back. I was at the point I was carrying him down the stairs and we realized we were keeping him alive for us, not him, and it was time to let him go.

It sucks, they really are better than us in so many ways.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:57 PM   #718
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So sorry Foz..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:45 PM   #719
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Today was the first time in 12+ years that I woke up and my boy wasn’t around. He’d been slowly fading for a year or two. The last several months were kinda bad. He was basically blind and deaf and couldn’t do stairs. And more importantly he couldn’t really judge the distance to get out of bed and therefore pissed the bed a few times. I had him on diapers which actually work well. We had some internal discussions about taking him in, but on Sat night he started having seizures and it was brutal. He’d walk around in circles for a long time afterwards. Living where we do, there weren’t any close 24/7 clinics and I dunno if an hour + drive after no sleep all night would have been safe. A place nearby did have Sunday hours and we were able to see him off. This morning I guess I’m somewhat relieved that I didn’t have to grab him and carry him downstairs and get him outside ASAP but at the same time I’m devastated. His shitgoblin looking sister is still around here and relatively healthy. She’s ok I guess, but it’s never going to be the same.

Also don’t buy black on black on black dogs if you ever want to have good photos of your pet. The only ones I even have kind of suck.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:12 PM   #720
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Need some good thoughts. Currently at the vet ER. Duncan ate my sons rather large chocolate Easter bunny. I caught it quickly but still really worried and my son is flat out in hysterics.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:02 PM   #721
Thomkal
Head Coach

oh man Lathum, hope everything is okay with Duncan!
Old 04-27-2022, 04:15 PM   #722
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Fingers crossed.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:31 PM   #723
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sending positive vibes brother, catching it so fast will definitely help, wishing Duncan all the best
Old 04-27-2022, 07:29 PM   #724
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So he is going to be OK. I caught it fast. The vet gave him a shot to make him puke, and in the vets words he threw up A LOT of chocolate. Then another shot to make him no longer sick. He seems fine and the vet said there is virtually zero concerns. Glad I saw the wrapper on the ground. My 12 year old was beside himself and had the dog died, while tragic, that would be the kind of thing my son would blame himself for the rest of his life.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:19 PM   #725
Thomkal
Head Coach

whew!
Old 04-27-2022, 09:18 PM   #726
BYU 14
Coordinator

Great news
Old 05-13-2022, 10:50 AM   #727
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have known for several weeks I would be adding to this at some point, and this afternoon we will taking our male Min Pin to transition. I knew I would be a mess today, so I wrote his "obituary" last night. He and his sister were inseparable throughout their lives and I feel for her as much as myself

In loving memory of Duke Crooks.

Duke “Dukie Duke” Crooks was born July 24th 2008 and crossed the Rainbow Bridge peacefully on May 13th 2022. During his almost 14 years with on this earth he brought his family untold moments of joy and happiness, and we hope he felt the same about us as we held his paw and kissed his head for the last time.

Duke was a character, the runt of his litter, he was spunky and protective. He had a favorite corner in the yard, where he loved to “talk” to the birds in the afternoon. He would stand there barking at the sky, listening intently for their chirped response, so he could answer and always get the last “word” in. He loved dancing for his afternoon snack, spinning around before finally sitting as his tail went a million miles an hour. He would then take his snack and sprint to the same spot in the game room, where he would eat it, always keeping a wary eye on his sister to make sure she didn’t steal it. He had a favorite chair, where he would sit beside me and watch sports, especially Baseball, eventually vacating his spot to join me in my chair when it was time for a nap. He also enjoyed the cooler weather, when we opened the front door. He and his sister would park themselves there for hours, regulating the neighborhood and greeting passersby.

But most of all, he loved belly rubs and the slightest touch on his ribs would result in him immediately flipping over onto his back, legs on the air, gazing intently at whoever happened to be there, as if to say, “get going!!” He would stay frozen in that position, often reaching out with a paw to coerce a few more rubs out of you, if you dared stop before he was ready to stop. These moments are the ones we will miss the most!

Duke is survived by his sister Daisy and son Deezel, as well as his extended human family, who will always miss him and cherish the time we were blessed to have him in our lives. In lieu of flowers, Duke’s last request was that you give your Fur Babies a hug and tell them you love them. Finally, he asked everyone to remember, “Who was a good boy?” Duke was a good boy!!!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-13-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:04 AM   #728
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Rip Duke. Sorry my friend.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:24 PM   #729
Thomkal
Head Coach

Man that was rough to read, what a loving tribute to Duke, I'm sure when he crosses the Rainbow Bridge he still be "talking" to the birds and demanding belly rubs, My cat Cloud, whom I love very much, share in your grief, and I will add a few extra pets when she flips over for a belly rub in honor of Duke and all your family.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:41 PM   #730
BYU 14
Coordinator

We are home now, and man that was rough, this one is going to take a while. But, I want to share a small story of human compassion that touched me. First off, the staff at Banfield was absolutely amazing. We have our pet insurance through them and they all know and love Duke from his twice a year visits. You can tell they do this purely for the love of animals.

As we walked out of the room, both in tears. an elderly lady wearing a mask got our attention. She pulled her mask down and told us how sorry was, and you could just see the sincerity and empathy on her face. She could have turned away like many do in those awkward situations, but she made it a point, even stepping towards us, so we noticed and as she spoke she put her hand to her heart. It was a small gesture, but it brought me joy in a deep moment of sadness so I want to acknowledge it. To whoever you are, thank you!
Old 05-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #731
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Our pug also does the dancing spins before meal/snack time. It's those quirky things that we remember so fondly. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Duke.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:54 PM   #732
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Sorry for your loss BYU.

The love you and yours have for Duke comes through in the tribute as well as how much Duke loved all of you.

RIP Duke.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:34 PM   #733
Edward64
Head Coach

Our Lab is getting up there and I dread the day. Sorry for your loss.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:30 AM   #734
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

A very beautiful tribute to Duke, BYU. Loved reading it. His personality really came through. You did right by him.

I gave my dog, Scully, a big hug for him. She’s going to be six this year and is already starting to grey a bit. I hope I have many years left with her, because losing her will be very rough. I’ve never had a dog so attached to me.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 08:14 AM   #735
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thank so much everyone. I am really struggling with this, but have gotten a lot of love on Dukes behalf and I appreciate it greatly. I can't post pictures here for some reason, but this links to my FB post and has a few shots of him engaged in the activities mentioned

https://www.facebook.com/leeanthony....eric&ref=notif
Old 06-09-2022, 05:39 AM   #736
Edward64
Head Coach

Off topic but somewhat related.

My Lab is pretty old now and on some anti-inflammatory/arthritis medicine. We have been giving it to her with her food but when she's fussy, she leaves the pill in the bowl. We would then put in a small peanut butter sandwich for her.

She's now rejecting PB but we found cream cheese works really well! We put the pill in the cream cheese and let her like it off our finger.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:54 AM   #737
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I still don't understand why they don't make more dog medicine in some kind of bite size treat. I am guessing dosage control would be too hard?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:27 AM   #738
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Off topic but somewhat related.

My Lab is pretty old now and on some anti-inflammatory/arthritis medicine. We have been giving it to her with her food but when she's fussy, she leaves the pill in the bowl. We would then put in a small peanut butter sandwich for her.

She's now rejecting PB but we found cream cheese works really well! We put the pill in the cream cheese and let her like it off our finger.

My dog sometimes avoids his pill, but he will put literally anything else in his mouth.

We wrap it in a piece of American cheese and he swallows it whole.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:02 AM   #739
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We lost our old cat Guiness today. We adopted her a month after my oldest was born, 12 years ago. She's been through this crazy journey with us as we grew as a family and I'm gutted that she is gone. She was a rescue from a hoarders house where they found over 80 cats. She was nursing another cats liter because the mom had died. At the adoption drive it was all kittens and her. When we heard her story we knew she had to come home with us.

We knew she was sick, been throwing up blood. Had her at the vet last week and they thought it was something they could treat and still give her some quality of life. She was scheduled for an ultra sound today to confirm. My daughter woke up and found her under the couch this morning struggling. She came and woke me. By the time I got downstairs she had died, literally in my 9 year old daughters arms.

Wife and kids are a mess and truth be told I'm struggling. She really was an amazing cat. When my kids were younger they would carry her everywhere, swing her around, dress her up, etc...and never once did the claws come out. I'm going to miss her like crazy.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:11 AM   #740
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My dog sometimes avoids his pill, but he will put literally anything else in his mouth.

We wrap it in a piece of American cheese and he swallows it whole.

Pill pockets. Expensive, but if you find a flavor your dog likes, worth it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:52 AM   #741
Edward64
Head Coach

Sorry to hear Lathum. Pets are like family and losses are emotional. Hope your daughter and kids feel better soon.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #742
Castlerock
High School Varsity

So sorry Lathum.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:21 AM   #743
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sorry to hear about Guiness Lathum
Old 07-27-2022, 12:42 PM   #744
BYU 14
Coordinator

So sorry for your loss Lathum, I know it is rough and this is no consolation, but you gave her a great life after that terrible situation she was in and the fact that she was nursing other kittens speaks volumes of how special she was. Hugs to you and the family.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:26 PM   #745
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Sorry for your loss Lathum.

You and your family gave Guiness a home full of love and affection. The pain will fade but the memories will always be there. And when they come they will bring a smile to your face.

Take care.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 12:58 PM   #746
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm happy to see that this thread hasn't been bumped for 3 months.

However, I came here to pay tribute to my brother's dog, a pug named Cosmo. I believe he was about 10 or 11 and had recently been diagnosed with cancer. He passed away in his sleep last night.

It's a huge deal for my brother and his wife. We all talk about how our animals are like family members, but they didn't have kids, so Cosmo was their kid. They took him everywhere. Recently, my brother began bringing him into his eye practice exams to meet his patients and generally hang around the office. They took him for steak, lobster, etc. They basically made up a bucket list for him and were ticking things off.

They had already put him through 3 chemo treatments in hopes of extending his life into 2023 (and coming to visit for Thanksgiving when we're all gathering at my house), but sadly, it wasn't to be. He'll be missed by all of us.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #747
Galaril
Pro Starter

We have a cat I know th thread is for dogs but they are pets too:-)..we have two dogs but the cat we have is maybe more dog then the6 are. His name is Joe and is a 5 year old Forest cat that is 17 pounds no not much fat just burly. Anyway she was the first thing I. Ought my wife after we got married 6 years ago so he’s a lot of sentimentality attached to him. Long story short Joe stopped eating and drinking water two DHS ago along with vomiting when he tried. We took to the pet ER and they tested him and did X-rays. He has a low white blood cell count and we are fear.ful it is bone marrow cancer which is more or less untreatable for cats. They are keeping him over night giving hi. Antibiotics and an IV with the hope he will have a better count tomorrow. If not it might be a though day.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:28 PM   #748
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gool luck joe!
Old 11-05-2022, 07:45 PM   #749
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cats are absolutely pets Galaril. C'mon Joe, you can do it!
Old 11-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #750
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks guys! We actually named him after Joe Biden for what’s that worth. So he is a fighter.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-05-2022 at 08:10 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote