Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2021, 06:33 AM   #5601
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I just want to say, is it possible he wasn't racially profiled as much as the officers recognized him?
https://www.ajc.com/news/apd-mayor-r...CCQWZTYVQJYEA/

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-22-2021 at 06:34 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:43 AM   #5602
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
In an admitted failure of my imagination, I didn't anticipate that the Chauvin verdict would lead to so many conservatives going publicly full-Stormfront.

I like to follow a simple rule in life. “ When someone shows who they really are believe it.” As someone more or less said that can go for this forum too.

Last edited by Galaril : 04-22-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:34 AM   #5603
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Yep. Not that high a % but I'm very much with this overall. It's actually pretty remarkable how often the body cam footage backs up what the officers did, and in those cases the story simply goes away. Having them on and mandatory at all times will protect the officers just as much as it protects the public.

I guess that's what the "cynically" part of my comment was getting at. It seems like whenever it clears the cops, it's always released. But when it's a bit more ambiguous or there are other witnesses, strangely enough the body cam footage was lost. Or malfunctioned. Or it's only for a couple of minutes of a 15-minute incident. Or important parts of the incident are not on screen, away from the camera. It's weird how often that happens, almost as if by design - like as if people doing bad stuff know how to cover up their bad stuff and not that it's just an innocent case of "whoopsie - we just didn't think to release the exonerating evidence".

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:57 PM   #5604
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

There were also protests in Ohio after that teenage girl got shot while trying to stab another girl with a knife.

They released the body cam video of this shooting, not really sure what the officer could have been expected to do in this case. To re-holster and pull his taser would have resulted in the girl being stabbed, he was not close enough to intervene and if he had the same thing would have happened.

And this whole incident took 11 seconds to unfold from arrival to shooting. It really bothers me that all these shootings are so often lumped together, there is no comparison between this and the shootings of Castille, Toledo etc. This officer had seconds to make a decision to possibly save someone's life. It doesn't make it any less of a tragedy, but it is hard to say it was not justified.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #5605
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
They released the body cam video of this shooting, not really sure what the officer could have been expected to do in this case. To re-holster and pull his taser would have resulted in the girl being stabbed, he was not close enough to intervene and if he had the same thing would have happened.

And this whole incident took 11 seconds to unfold from arrival to shooting. It really bothers me that all these shootings are so often lumped together, there is no comparison between this and the shootings of Castille, Toledo etc. This officer had seconds to make a decision to possibly save someone's life. It doesn't make it any less of a tragedy, but it is hard to say it was not justified.

I also believe the officer was justified.

But some of the early information would've had you believing the opposite. I think the girls aunt released a statement saying the girl was on the ground and the police shot her for no reason. Then you also had Lebron James post a photo of a cop that was at the scene with the caption "You're Next". Some people are also alleging that the cops on the scene yelled "Blue Lives Matter" at the bystanders. Add it all up and you're going to get some protests.

This incident is prime reason why cops should wear body cams and footage of any shooting should be released as soon as possible.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-22-2021 at 03:11 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #5606
GrantDawg

It seems like everything is interpreted from a lense of either "I hate all police, and they are always wrong " or "All suspects are guilty, and anything that happens to them are fine." So few people can just look objectively.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #5607
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It seems like everything is interpreted from a lense of either "I hate all police, and they are always wrong " or "All suspects are guilty, and anything that happens to them are fine." So few people can just look objectively.

I agree and it is ridiculous. I have a white son who is a LEO and a black son, who is just a great kid. Am I supposed to take sides at our thanksgiving dinner table? People really need to research and look objectively before just assuming.

And regarding the Blue Lives Matter comment, here is that video, it appears as if someone in the crowd said it, but hard to tell and doesn't capture anything prior to this interaction. (NSFW)
white officers say blue lives matter to a group of black residents at the scene, police shot a girl - YouTube
Old 04-22-2021, 04:33 PM   #5608
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 04-22-2021, 06:32 PM   #5609
tarcone
Coordinator

If anyone knows what a person with a knife can do, It's OJ.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:38 PM   #5610
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
If anyone knows what a person with a knife can do, It's OJ.

oh man....such sharp satire on this site
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #5611
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
oh man....such sharp satire on this site

That is what you call, cutting to the chase
Old 04-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #5612
GrantDawg

I couldn't take a stab at the whit.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:07 AM   #5613
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The business I co-own is headquartered in Portland and I am there a lot. This is blatantly false.

Stop going against the right-wing narrative that the riots are spreading throughout the country and we're staring at 4 years of unrest because Trump lost. I still remember being told that clearly by a friend of mine.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:09 PM   #5614
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Not surprising, but Candace Owens isn't buying into the "Justice for Ma'Khia Bryant" movement.

Quote:
“But the goal now is to convince black people to celebrate criminality so I’m really excited to learn about how heroic, kind, and inspiring this knife-wielding maniac was.”

Owens’ remarks drew a great deal of backlash, with journalist Imara Jones pointing out that Bryant “was 16”.

“I do not care,” Owens thundered back in response. “Normal sixteen year olds do not attempt to butcher another human being to death with a knife. Neither her skin color or her age absolves her from any guilt. The responding officer is a hero.”
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:29 PM   #5615
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Are there any actual reports as to just wtf was going on with the knife thing? She seemed like on something or else rehearsing for a reality show.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #5616
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/22/us/oh...ing/index.html

Ah they were arguing over housekeeping...all good reasons
Old 04-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #5617
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So after she is shot in the video they show her on the ground and I see no blood or bulletholes. So like was she shot in the head 4 times? Guessing they blurred the head.

Why don't they ever aim for legs or butts
Old 04-23-2021, 01:49 PM   #5618
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
So after she is shot in the video they show her on the ground and I see no blood or bulletholes. So like was she shot in the head 4 times? Guessing they blurred the head.

Why don't they ever aim for legs or butts

This isn't condoning the shooting, but I believe if you pull your gun and shoot, it is to kill.

Considering the situation, if you miss, you may hit the potential victim, or since it was near a vehicle there could be a ricochet and harm someone else.

Shooting an appendage is pretty challenging, especially with movement, you hit the biggest part of the target and it's to eliminate not to wound.

Again, not condoning the shooting, just the mentality of winging a person.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #5619
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
This isn't condoning the shooting, but I believe if you pull your gun and shoot, it is to kill.

Considering the situation, if you miss, you may hit the potential victim, or since it was near a vehicle there could be a ricochet and harm someone else.

Shooting an appendage is pretty challenging, especially with movement, you hit the biggest part of the target and it's to eliminate not to wound.

Again, not condoning the shooting, just the mentality of winging a person.

This, you are taught to shoot for center mass and there is no guarantee shooting an appendage stops the attack, or worse yet hits the person she was going after. I can't tell where exactly she was hit, but officers are also not trained to go for the head (example of an exception would be SWAT snipers going for the head of someone in full body armor)

There is very little margin for error in this scenario and we can Monday morning quarterback it all we like, but in the pressure and rapid escalation of that situation officers will usually act to negate the threat as quickly as possible.

And I also reiterate, this is just regarding this shooting, not any other valid or unjustified shooting. They are all unique, whether good or bad.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #5620
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Officers shot a man in Elizabeth City, NC.

They have been reluctant to release the video.

3 officers have resigned and 7 have been suspended before the video was released.

They are declaring a state of emergency and deploying the National Guard in anticipation of the video release.

This one is going to be bad.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:03 AM   #5621
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What in the world could cause 10 officers to resign/get suspended?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-26-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:04 AM   #5622
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Officers shot a man in Elizabeth City, NC.

They have been reluctant to release the video.

3 officers have resigned and 7 have been suspended before the video was released.

They are declaring a state of emergency and deploying the National Guard in anticipation of the video release.

This one is going to be bad.

Listening to the press conference. It is something else. Joe Manchin is about to have a horrible day.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #5623
GrantDawg

Attempted cover-up caught on camera? It also could be that they quit just because anyone was being held accountable.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-26-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #5624
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
It also could be that they quit just because anyone was being held accountable.
'Twas my first guess.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #5625
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Attempted cover-up caught on camera? It also could be that they quit just because anyone was being held accountable.

According to:

Andrew Brown: City Declares Emergency As Sheriff Plans To Release Bodycam Video : NPR

The resignations weren't related to the shooting. FWIW

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-26-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:30 PM   #5626
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not sure if that's better or worse. Two scandals at once in the same PD is not going to be pretty.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #5627
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I'm not sure if that's better or worse. Two scandals at once in the same PD is not going to be pretty.

Meh, there was a massive sex scandal and money theft scandal at my local police department. Literally no one but the secretary getting train-ed resigned and the sheriff overseeing it was re-elected. There's an endless amount of corruption people are willing to accept from police.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #5628
cuervo72
Head Coach

Nobody dead, thankfully, but deplorable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...icers-mocking/

Quote:
After violently arresting woman, 73, with dementia, police laughed about it, video shows: ‘We crushed it’

Last June, Karen Garner sat handcuffed to a bench inside a booking cell weeping and in pain.

No one had come to treat her fractured arm and dislocated shoulder hours after Loveland, Colo., police violently arrested the 73-year-old with dementia, her family said.

Meanwhile, about 10 feet away, three officers sat hunched around a computer as they re-watched body-camera footage of Garner’s arrest, a new video released by the attorney representing Garner’s family shows.

“Ready for the pop? Hear the pop?” the officer who initially handcuffed Garner can be heard saying, referencing the moment he injured her shoulder.

The nearly one-hour booking cell video released Monday shows two Loveland Police Department officers who participated in Garner’s arrest fist-bumping each other while discussing the incident. At one point, they are joined by another officer as they mock and praise the arrest, which they claimed “went great,” while referring to Garner as “ancient,” “senile” and “flexible.”

“We crushed it,” one of the officers says.

Sarah Schielke, an attorney representing Garner’s family, called the video “heart-wrenching” and “unseeable.” Schielke, who obtained the initially inaudible video last August, worked with a forensics audio engineer to capture the dialogue.

“At one point, I broke down and I wept because it was so raw, wrong and heartless,” Schielke told The Washington Post. “I don’t even know Karen, but it could have been my grandmother and I can’t imagine what the experience of having to live through that would be.”

Two weeks ago, following public outcry after body-camera footage of the incident was released, the city announced it would open an independent investigation into Garner’s treatment. Colorado’s Eighth Judicial district attorney, Gordon McLaughlin, said his office’s critical response team would investigate whether there was “any potential criminal behavior” by the Loveland officers.

On Tuesday, a Loveland police spokesman said four officers including Austin Hopp, the first to handcuff Garner, have been suspended. The criminal investigation will be conducted by McLaughlin’s office and the Fort Collins Police Department.

“Loveland Police Chief Bob Ticer strongly advocated for the criminal investigation, in consultation with the DA and other police agencies,” Tom Hacker, a Loveland police spokesman said in an email.

In a statement shared with The Post, McLaughlin said he has reviewed the booking cell footage released on Monday and that the investigation “is a priority for my office.” “The statements on the videos are very concerning,” McLaughlin said. “I will consider those statements along with all relevant evidence … in making a charging decision.”

Garner’s family, which filed a federal lawsuit against the city and three of the officers two weeks ago, has since filed an amended complaint adding two more Loveland officers for allegedly failing to intervene or provide medical care to Garner based on the recently released booking video.

Prosecutors open criminal probe into police who allegedly broke the arm of a 73-year-old woman with dementia

Police aggressively arrested the 80-pound woman as she was plucking purple wildflowers and strolling back home on June 26. They had been called after she left a Walmart without paying for items worth $13.88, according to her family’s lawsuit. Walmart said employees called the police after Garner allegedly pulled off an employee’s mask during the incident.

Body-camera footage shows Hopp grabbing Garner by her arms and wrenching them backward to handcuff her as she repeatedly cried that she was “going home.” At one point, Garner fell to the ground as officers struggled with her before putting her in a cruiser. Prosecutors later dropped all charges against Garner.

In the lawsuit, Garner’s family argues that due to dementia and sensory aphasia, a condition that leaves her unable to understand speech or to communicate easily, she was unable to understand the police officers’ commands. Schielke, the family’s attorney, said the incident could have been avoided had police requested a mental health unit.

After the lawsuit was filed, the department said it had not received a previous complaint about the incident and it was unaware of Garner’s injuries. But Schielke alleges the booking cell video disproves that because officers can be heard discussing a report that “alerts the department and creates an official record that force was used or an injury occurred.” That report allegedly made by the officers would have gone up the chain of command, Schielke said.

The nearly one-hour long booking video released on Monday, which was compiled in an edited 14-minute clip, shows Hopp along with officers Daria Jalali and Tyler Blackett watching the body-camera footage of Garner’s arrest while laughing and joking. “I hate this,” Jalali can be heard saying.

“This is great,” Hopp said.

“I love it,” Blackett replied.

At one point, as the three officers remain glued to the computer screen re-watching the arrest, one officer says, “It’s like TV!”

“The body-cam show,” another officer replied, while laughing.

Near the end of the clip, Hopp says Garner is the first person he’s ever used his hobble restraint on during an arrest. “I was super excited,” Hopp said. “I was like, ‘All right, let’s wrestle, girl. Let’s wreck it!’ I got her on the ground and all that stuff. I got her cuffed up. … Threw her on the ground a couple of times.”

He added, “I can’t believe I threw a 73-year-old on the ground.”

The officers also appear to monitor Garner from a screen and at one point Jalali enters her cell and comes back to report that Garner is claiming the handcuffs are hurting her hands.

Schielke said it took six hours before Garner was seen by a doctor.

Months after her arrest, Garner moved into a memory care facility about 45 minutes away from Loveland, where she used to live in a condo one block away from a daughter’s house. While Garner used to play cards, garden and was “fiercely independent,” she dropped those activities after the arrest, Schielke said.

“Since this happened, it’s vanished,” Schielke said. “The Loveland Police Department took it all away from her and now we know they laughed about it, too.”

Schielke said the family wants all the officers involved to be fired but also wants systemic change in the department and city leadership.

“We want to ensure that it doesn’t happen to anyone else again,” Schielke said. “What the family has lost here money of course can’t cure, but money will cause change.”
Old 04-27-2021, 02:57 PM   #5629
BYU 14
Coordinator

Jesus, that is despicable
Old 04-27-2021, 03:37 PM   #5630
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. These individuals are bad people.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:00 PM   #5631
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Nobody dead, thankfully, but deplorable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...icers-mocking/

What a bunch of psychopaths
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #5632
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Absolutely sadistic behavior. When I think I can't be shocked anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2021, 04:05 PM   #5633
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah...you guys just getting to that I see...
Old 05-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #5634
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/ameri...tam/index.html

This is about Colombia, but I read this section a lot different than I would have a year ago:

Quote:
He told reporters that there have been 25 deaths in protests. Eleven involved police forces and they are being investigated. "We do not condone excessive use of force; we do not accept any abuse of the rule of law," he added.

President Duque has blamed much of the violence on "drug-trafficking mafias" taking advantage of the chaos.

"The vandal threat we are facing consists of a criminal organization that is hiding behind legitimate social aspirations to destabilize the society, generate terror and distract the actions of the public force," he said Wednesday.

I mean, this all sounds so familiar. "The police aren't the problem - they're following the law", "My policies aren't the problem - it's these protesters", and "There's real protesters but it's being ruined by opportunistic looters"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:00 AM   #5635
AlexB
Pro Starter

This is probably all common knowledge to you guys, but being based in a country without a gun culture for either the police or the public, I found it interesting and helped to shed some light on where at least some of the problems could be rooted:

How US police training compares with the rest of the world

Last edited by AlexB : 05-18-2021 at 02:01 AM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:07 PM   #5636
cuervo72
Head Coach

Another one. Took two years to come to light.

'I'm scared!': Video of Ronald Greene's deadly arrest by Louisiana State Police released | Crime/Police | nola.com
Old 05-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #5637
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Holy shit, I just saw that one. Dragging Greene on the ground after being shackled? Horrific.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-20-2021 at 03:21 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:38 AM   #5638
cuervo72
Head Coach

'You shouldn't be able to breathe,' officer tells man before he dies

(Not race-related, the guy is white. Just another case of cops being heartless dicks.)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 05-21-2021 at 07:41 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #5639
RainMaker
General Manager

I think you mean murderer.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #5640
RainMaker
General Manager

Body cam video sheds light on traffic stop where police test child's ashes for meth | WICS
Old 05-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #5641
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Local Minneapolis news coverage at George Floyd Square on the one-year anniversary of his murder

Old 05-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #5642
cuervo72
Head Coach

Point?
Old 05-27-2021, 02:50 PM   #5643
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean, on a scale of relevance, how does that compare to 8 dead in San Jose? Or is this more "oh, look at these Black people again, they get their verdict but they STILL be shootin'?
Old 05-27-2021, 05:48 PM   #5644
cuervo72
Head Coach

Manuel Ellis Killing: 3 Tacoma Police Officers Charged Over Black Man's Death : NPR
Old 05-27-2021, 09:53 PM   #5645
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I mean, on a scale of relevance, how does that compare to 8 dead in San Jose? Or is this more "oh, look at these Black people again, they get their verdict but they STILL be shootin'?

Actually, it's pretty sad that an area earmarked to honor George Floyd is rapidly deteriorating. At least five stores along one block are now shuttered. Following the killing of Floyd, carjackings have nearly tripled. Police presence has also been reduced. Black merchants said that police have abandoned the blocked-off intersection, while ‘creating a dangerous autonomous zone that has seen crime spike and business evaporate.’ Criminals are becoming more emboldened, and they know that when they cross over the barricades and enter George Floyd Square, in their minds they're leaving the United States and entering a foreign country where there are no repercussions for their actions.

The Minneapolis local news report in the video mentioned that the police were called to respond to the shooting; however, they didn't state whether the police bothered to show up.

Black-owned Businesses Struggle at George Floyd Square, Plead For Financial Help
Old 05-27-2021, 10:11 PM   #5646
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, they cite a report from the New York Post, must be true. (No other mitigating factors? Like, I dunno, a pandemic?)

Carjackings picked up some press near DC, too. Had at one point increased 4-5x. Seems a lot of bored kids were home from school.

As for police response, is this the police pitching a fit or something else? And does jurisdiction work like it did for the Duke boys, they cross the county line and everything goes *poof*?
Old 05-27-2021, 10:15 PM   #5647
cuervo72
Head Coach

And what is the moral here, anyway? Watch where you get killed by police, lest it be bad for business?
Old 05-27-2021, 10:39 PM   #5648
JPhillips
General Manager

Police refusing to do their jobs is a big problem. Civilian control over law enforcement is a key tenet to democracy.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:13 AM   #5649
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Police refusing to do their jobs is a big problem. Civilian control over law enforcement is a key tenet to democracy.
This. Basically "If we can't kill black people without repercussions, then we will take our white hoods and go home." Not exactly a strong argument for supporting the blue.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #5650
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
It’s impossible to say that the actions of Daunte Wright in trying to flee arrest did not play a part in the way that events unfolded - if he had stayed then he wouldn’t have been shot at that moment.

He certainly didn’t deserve to be shot, and hopefully ex-cop Kim Potter will be successfully prosecuted.

With that being said, now that Daunte Wright’s estate is likely to be awarded a sizable sum of money, it appears that some of his former victims are coming forward to get their fair share. What's past is prologue, I suppose.

KARE 11 Investigates: Lawsuit claims Daunte Wright shot a teenager in the head

New lawsuit alleges Daunte Wright assaulted, robbed man in March