Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
MelB
n00b

Player Names

Hi,

I was just reading a post about players coming into the league with a Jr. attached to their name which is a pretty cool little feature that Jim added I think. And it made me wonder if there is a simple way to add names into the football "universe" you are running after the league has begun.

So, for example, if I wanted to start seeing players in the league appearing with the last name "Fife" for example and it wasn't currently seeing players with that last name, is there a simple way to insert that into the random name pool of new talent coming into the league?

One thought I had was that maybe changing the name of a current player in the league to say "Barney Fife" would then seed the random name generator for future draft classes to use both that first and last name in it's selections but I don't know if that works. Just curious if anyone has researched this at all and might know the answer.

Thanks,

Mel B.

MelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

All of the names are stored in dll files in the main directory. You can use an editor like reshack to add Fife to lnames.dll. Make sure to back it up before hand.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
beatle
H.S. Freshman Team

where do you get the editor reshack file?
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
shotgn22
n00b

I got one here:

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
shotgn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:16 AM   #5
ZappaPhreak
n00b

Resurrecting an ancient thread here... I tried the above and I'm getting an "unable to load library" error with my modified lnames.dll. The first time I tried it, I was thinking I'd add names to the end, then I realized it would be easier to overwrite existing names. I didn't pay any attention to string lengths, so when it didn't work, I thought to myself "that's what screwed it up, my string lengths didn't match". So the second time I did it I was careful to overwrite strings of the same length, but that didn't work either. Does anyone know what the trick is to successfully tweak those files?
ZappaPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote